Porto Lounge Hostel Reviews

Rua do Almada 317, Porto, Portugal

Hostel was very good and central. The was very friendly.

• 27th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

We had a good stay at the hostel in general. The staff is very friendly and fluent in English. Breakfast was good as well. Negative points included the noise within the hostel, in particular there was some constant noise coming from the water boiler/air conditioning going all night. Otherwise, all was fine.

My room was on the third floor, and the bed made quite a lot of noise when people were walking around. I could hear the upstairs bed creaking as well. I think it might be because of the old floors? But the hostel is homely and clean, really liked that. Toilets were amazing too! Love the showers, and the fact that there is two toilets and two showers for eight is awesome. I'm pretty sure they could have given me ear plugs but I was too lazy to walk down 3 flights of stairs to get it

The location is good. Not the best place to meet people. Charging 2 euros for a towel in a place that is already quite expensive for Porto doesn't make it good value for money. No elevator, no key for the main door so you have to wait for someone to open it for you. On the other hand the room was always unlocked, so all the valuables had to be kept in the locker (no padlock provided). The bathroom was very modern but not very clean. Confy beds witht individual lights and electric socket.

Hi, Thanks for your opinion, which is very important to us as we always try to improve. Concerning the padlocks, they're provided to everyone at the reception, you just have to ask for it if you don't have your own. Concerning the main door, as you've noticed, the receptionist is always there so no one needs a key, which is better for the safety of everybody.

We had a great time in Porto and we really enjoyed the atmosphere and activities held by the hostel!

• 24th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. The staff are so helpful and friendly, the location is great and the hostel is well cared for and clean. I have stayed here several times in the double rooms and am always impressed. Thanks Porto Lounge hostel!

• 18th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

beautiful hostel and lovely staff. We arrived at night and the person who welcome us was extremely caring and nice. We stayed in the 8 bed room, each bed has a light, has a locker and inside the locker there is an outlet to charge your phone. Bathrooms were clean daily. Breakfast is included and is one of best hostel breakfast I had in this trip!!. I will totally stay here when I return to Porto. The location is great, but the little streets are disguising so bring directions/good map.

Good clean hostel

Beautiful hostel in Porto.. Like a hotel! Decor is amazing. Lovely staff, delicious breakfast. Bunks are super sturdy and comfortable with good locker. Activities are good. Would definitely stay again!

The BEST hostel experience I've had among 5 hostels that I've stayed in till now! The staffs were extremely friendly!! They spend time to recommend Porto's stuff and answer every single question you have, we even had a mini Portuguese lesson to learn speaking a little Portuguese, which made our trip so much more interesting too. They also recommended an excellent city walking tour for us to go on and it was excellent too. The rooms and toilets are absolutely beautiful, clean & lovely. THUMBS UP!

Location is perfect. near the metrostation and the sao bento trainstation, near all the beautiful mustsees, and near the vegetarianrestaurant :) the staff was very helpfull and nice. rooms and bathrooms are clean. very nice stay.

• 14th Aug 2015