Porto Lounge Hostel Reviews

Rua do Almada 317, Porto, Portugal

Helpful and friendly staff, clean facilities, great planned events (walking tour, bar crawl, pizza making, etc.) Would definitely recommend!

• 26th Jul 2014

This was one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Very modern facilities and clean. The staff were helpful and always offering advice. The breakfast was more than a toast and jam, like other places.

Really friendly staff and wonderful breakfast in there!

Perfect place to stay, the staff was more than helpful, impressive cleanliness and great design, just in a city centre. I higly recomend!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. It is located in a quiet street 5 minutes away from Sao Bento train station. The bedroom was clean and comfortable. The only problem is that the energy plug was inside the locker, so you can't use your phone while it charges. Breakfast was really good and the staff was always friendly to us. Kitchen and bathroom were also always spotless clean.

Very nice people. Everything was perfectly clean. Breakfast. Very nice price.

The location of the hostel was perfect for the city centre, the historic buildings and the nightlife. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Amazing hostel.

• 30th May 2014

Probably the nicest hostel we have stayed at, in some ways more like a hotel than a hostel. Rooms, bathrooms and common areas all in pristine condition. Staff were lovely and very welcoming, and the free breakfast was great each morning. Highly recommended!

It was so good to stay at Porto Lounge that I stayed more days then first reserved! The Hostel is new, beautiful, modern!! Good rooms, Excelent beds!! Thanks Fatima and Teresa!!

nice staff and good hostel! we enjoyed our stay! thank you!

One of my best stays (however I was unlucky with the weather). The owner was extremly friendly and helpful providing me useful information about all attractions. Nice kitchen, WiFi and clean bathroom were additional points which made me pleased.

The hostel is great! Next to the main sights of the city! The staff is friendly and Fatima is really nice, always smiles and helpful! The breakfast is good with cheese and 2 types of bread and also cereals, 3 types of jam and one day there was a cake (simples, but it was cake ). The rooms are clean and the double bed room is clean (including making the bed) everyday.

Upside - Great location, Clean, Newly refurbished, Good breakfast, Downside - No locks on the doors. As it happened, the door of my dormitory was constantly open.

Huge dorm with comfy beds, nice showers, great bed. Only strange thing was that because I stayed at a dorm I did not get a key to the room - it was always unlocked. You have big lockers which even a plug inside so your valuables are safe but I actually woke up at night because somebody who did definitely not stay in this dorm was searching for something on the floor...

The staff is wonderful and very informative, especially Fatima for the recommendation of places where locals eat. Hostel is kept clean at all time and it is brand new. Breakfast is nicer compared to other hostels in Europe. Would definitely come back here. :)

I really enjoyed staying at Porto Lounge. Just a step from the main square, a quiet atmosphere , nice and helpful staff. Definitely recommend

• 12th Mar 2014

Everithing is perfect, nice clean room, good breakfast and kind people at reception advise us a lot of places to visit !

Great location and friendly and helpful staff. However breakfast needs improving. Whilst a member of staff was there in the kitchen (not each day) there was someone to ensure there was enough bread, milk, coffee etc but as soon as that staff member disappeared things ran out. Shared toilet was continually in use one morning when I needed it and I had to go three floors downstairs to use the toilet there. Locking/unlocking the doors is noisy and difficult especially at night.

My stay at this hostel was great and i definitely recommand it to everyone who is planning to visit Porto. The hostel is amazing, right in the heart of the city, close to the metro, tourist attractions, restaurants, bars and clubs. The food is very good, feel confident to try the local specialties. If you are in the mood for shopping there are a lot of nice shops around. Most important, the staff is very nice, friendly and helpfull. They really look forward for you to enjoy their beautiful city.

• 8th Feb 2014