Porto Spot Hostel Reviews

Rua Gonçalo Cristóvão 12, Porto, Portugal

2008 Total Reviews

Easy to find, steps from the metro stop, easy walk to downtown and all major sights. Spotless inside, nice old wooden floor and bannister. Clean, comes across as brandnew. Lots of space between two bunks. Often one hits the head, not here. Huge individual storage under bed. Swipecards for every access. A choice of fresh rolls for breakfast. Good heater for winter weather. Good shower, bathrooms. Patio out back.

Everything was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect. However, in my case I was on a top bunk bed and I had nowhere to place things during the night and I could not charge my phone because I had no access to a electricity plug near my bed(the only one close was being used by the person sleeping under me, because it was on the wall near the bottom bed)

Honestly the best hostel I've ever been to. The rooms are very large, everything is nearly spotless, and the overall vibe is really hip and cool. The breakfast was fine but the meal at night (that we paid for) was excellent Portuguese cuisine. It just contributed to the family feel of this place. The staff was incredible, so friendly and FUN. They took us on a pub crawl, walking tours, just hung out with us in the common room. I wouldn't stay ANYWHERE else! I want to go back already!

• 27th Feb 2015

Amazing staff & great atmosphere!

The Spot hostel was great: very friendly staff that make you feel welcome from the moment you step in. The hostel itself was very modern with a great living/socializing area and a bar - who doesn't like a well stocked bar in a hostel?! All that plus its central location definitely make it one of the best hostels I've stayed in! Keep up the good work!

A beautiful stay for a weekend in Porto. The hostel was beautiful, clean and had a good atmosphere. The dinner made by the hostel was traditional and very good. The pub crawl offered the opportunity to see some good local party spots for a low cost. It's location to the metro was convenient however it was quite far from many of the tourist sites in Porto. The staff were friendly and always available for any concerns or questions. The breakfast was all you could eat and had good variety.

Amazin! Thanks for everything!!!

• 14th Feb 2015

Nice, clean, inexpensive and close to train station and yet not too far from city centre.

Pretty nice owners, very kind and helpful with a good taste in music :).

Such a great hostel! Would definitely go back! The staff were very helpful and friendly, the rooms and bathrooms were clean and a good breakfast too!

• 9th Feb 2015

great location, great staff. dont doubt to stay there!

• 8th Feb 2015

This Hostel is awesome! They have everything you need and more: they have wi-fi in every floor, good and clean showers, comfortable beds, lockers in the rooms, a bar, a really cool common area, a nice pateo, and awesome breakfast. The staff is also one of the highlight, very helpful and funny. Totally recommend it!

The heating wasn't working in my bedroom in the first night. However, the staff was kind and changed rooms. The location isn't so good, you have to walk a little from the spot of the main attractions.

Great atmosphere and cool people. It was a great weekend and I will definitely recommend the hostel!

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

We had an excellent experience at this hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful in all matters. The rooms were nice and clean as well. The breakfast was a lot better than many of the other hostels we have stayed at. Overall we had really good experience and will definitely recommend this hostel to our friends.

I loved this place. The staff were absolutely amazing and very helpful. They gave me great recommendations and joined in the fun for partying. Very clean, very safe. A little bit of a walk from the river, but well worth it due to the amazing time I had here!

Amazing hostel, common areas are very nice, staff is friendly and helpfull, the two meals we had were very nice, and the dorms were clean and comfortable. One of the best hostel i've ever been!

Wonderful Hostel, I def. recommend staying there. The common areas are super comfortable and the big kitchen has a lot of equipment to cook for yourself. It was very easy to meet the other guests and the staff was super friendly and helpful.

I really loved this hostel. It's like a hotel! The common area and kitchen is great for meeting other travellers and the nightly dinner is great for meeting new people and talking to the staff! :) The staff were so helpful (The drier broke when I was doing my laundry and the girl tried her best to get it sorted ASAP thanks! ) I'l definitely stay here again WHEN I make it back to Porto! PS- Glad to see an Irish lad in the hostel! Definately do a tour/pub crawl with him! He's great craic! :)

Everything feels very new and clean and the room was actually really comfortable, quiet and warm, with our own little balcony. There were plenty of bathrooms for everyone. The staff was very helpful with every question we had and they were actually really nice people too. We loved the lounge area. It made it easy to meet new people (and to do some warming up in the bar, before pub crawl). It's a shame we didn't get to try the dinner, it smelled delicious. The tours, however, were really nice.

• 5th Jan 2015