Porto Spot Hostel Reviews

Rua Gonçalo Cristóvão 12, Porto, Portugal

2071 Total Reviews

Location is far from the main attractions. Staff were helpful, place was clean. VERY basic breakfast. lack of privacy for the showers, don't have place to change.

The location is perfect. We arrived in February but even though it was not the nicest time of the year, the room was very light with a view to a beautiful blooming magnolia tree. We stayed for only one night but appreciated the idea of having dinner altogether, it really felt nice and bonded with a few people. My bed was squiky though.

• 27th Feb 2015

Easy to find, steps from the metro stop, easy walk to downtown and all major sights. Spotless inside, nice old wooden floor and bannister. Clean, comes across as brandnew. Lots of space between two bunks. Often one hits the head, not here. Huge individual storage under bed. Swipecards for every access. A choice of fresh rolls for breakfast. Good heater for winter weather. Good shower, bathrooms. Patio out back.

Everything was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect. However, in my case I was on a top bunk bed and I had nowhere to place things during the night and I could not charge my phone because I had no access to a electricity plug near my bed(the only one close was being used by the person sleeping under me, because it was on the wall near the bottom bed)

Honestly the best hostel I've ever been to. The rooms are very large, everything is nearly spotless, and the overall vibe is really hip and cool. The breakfast was fine but the meal at night (that we paid for) was excellent Portuguese cuisine. It just contributed to the family feel of this place. The staff was incredible, so friendly and FUN. They took us on a pub crawl, walking tours, just hung out with us in the common room. I wouldn't stay ANYWHERE else! I want to go back already!

• 27th Feb 2015

Thanks for the recommendation for the wine festival! We were only in Porto for a couple of days but they were great and the staff were really helpful.

• 26th Feb 2015

Amazing staff & great atmosphere!

Good hostel and the staff were friendly. Relaxed environment and about 20 minute walk to the river and places to go out.

The Spot hostel was great: very friendly staff that make you feel welcome from the moment you step in. The hostel itself was very modern with a great living/socializing area and a bar - who doesn't like a well stocked bar in a hostel?! All that plus its central location definitely make it one of the best hostels I've stayed in! Keep up the good work!

A beautiful stay for a weekend in Porto. The hostel was beautiful, clean and had a good atmosphere. The dinner made by the hostel was traditional and very good. The pub crawl offered the opportunity to see some good local party spots for a low cost. It's location to the metro was convenient however it was quite far from many of the tourist sites in Porto. The staff were friendly and always available for any concerns or questions. The breakfast was all you could eat and had good variety.

Amazin! Thanks for everything!!!

Nice, clean, inexpensive and close to train station and yet not too far from city centre.

Pretty nice owners, very kind and helpful with a good taste in music :).

Such a great hostel! Would definitely go back! The staff were very helpful and friendly, the rooms and bathrooms were clean and a good breakfast too!

• 9th Feb 2015

great location, great staff. dont doubt to stay there!

• 8th Feb 2015

This Hostel is awesome! They have everything you need and more: they have wi-fi in every floor, good and clean showers, comfortable beds, lockers in the rooms, a bar, a really cool common area, a nice pateo, and awesome breakfast. The staff is also one of the highlight, very helpful and funny. Totally recommend it!

The heating wasn't working in my bedroom in the first night. However, the staff was kind and changed rooms. The location isn't so good, you have to walk a little from the spot of the main attractions.

Great atmosphere and cool people. It was a great weekend and I will definitely recommend the hostel!

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

We had an excellent experience at this hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful in all matters. The rooms were nice and clean as well. The breakfast was a lot better than many of the other hostels we have stayed at. Overall we had really good experience and will definitely recommend this hostel to our friends.

I loved this place. The staff were absolutely amazing and very helpful. They gave me great recommendations and joined in the fun for partying. Very clean, very safe. A little bit of a walk from the river, but well worth it due to the amazing time I had here!