Porto Wine Hostel Reviews

Campo dos M�rtires da P�tria, 52, Porto, Portugal

It's a beautiful hostel, although is too quiet and you can't stay in the commom are after 1 p.m. It's boring.

• 24th Oct 2014

I had an absolute fantastic stay at the Wine Hostel in Porto! The staff were super friendly and knowledgeable, the atmosphere, really great. Porto is a beautiful city. And the people that came to stay at the hostel were also great, friendly, open people. I definitely will go back, a week out and I miss it. If you have been to other hostels that provide a towel, this one does not, but everything else is really really nice. Clean rooms and bathrooms, no elevator that I saw, if needed. Cheers

• 11th Oct 2014

Everything was excellente. Keep doing such a great job :)

Great location for accessing the city and some good restaurants close by in the square. However these are pretty noisy and open to the early hours so if you have room on the front if the building it is noticeable. The staff were very friendly and offered good advice. A well maintain hostel and great lounge and social space. Would stay again.

I loved this hostel! It's in a beautiful building in a central location, easy to find with many bars and restaurants around. Staff is amazing, always willing to explain about the city. Lots of information about tours and yes, of course, they also serve port wines! Very relaxing living room, easy to meet other guests. Nice dorms, very clean hostel, they clean toilets and kitchen all the time (honestly, cleanest ever!). Breakfast looked tasty, additional 3 euros.

Awesome hostel. This place has a great vibe, friendly staff, perfect location, and is clean with good facilities, Laundry, and cheap port. Just stay here. Seriously.

great place to stay with lovely staff and good wine

PERFECT central location, friendly and adorable staff that makes you feel at home, confortable beds, extremely cheap prices during Happy Hour. I had an amazing time in this charming hostel. The only downpoints are that you have to pay extra for locker and breakfast.

Really enjoyed our time at Porto Wine Hostel, the people were friendly and the hostel had a great vibe. The porto wine offered was great too. Thanks for such a great stay!

I liked my stay here and the staff was really friendly! Good kitchen! In the night it was quiet in the dorms (but not outside) but that's not the hostel's fault :) The directions to the hostels could be more clear and it would be better if there would be more showers but over all, good hostel!

Nice themed hostel. The place is an old building with elegant deco. They offer a nice pubcrawl and the atmosphere invites you to socialize with other guests.

One word for this hostel: WOW! Staff were just amazing, so friendly and helpful! The decoration really makes you feel in Porto. Simple but nice breakfast, good kitchen if you're willing to cook and every night Port wine for a great deal. Definitely recommend it and it's a sure thing I'll visit them again.

We loved the decor and the affordable, delicious port! The young staff was really dedicated to making our stay easy and comfortable. The rooms were cute, but the double bed was way too small. My friend actually ended up trying to sleep on the chairs. If I stayed here again, I would request a room with two beds.

Very nice place ... charming common rooms. The location is excellent! The bedrooms are divided by ages, detail that I find great!

Porto Wine Hostel was in a brilliant location - right in the city centre and close to transport links. The staff were very helpful and friendly. There wasn't really too much of an atmosphere - it wasn't a party hostel like some of the others in town but in that way it was quite relaxing. The facilities were great - the beds were comfortable and everything was clean. We had a good stay there, I would recommend it and stay there again.

Great place for good price and great location!

• 10th Aug 2014

The Wine Hostel was really beautiful und surprisingly cheap! 100% recommendable! :)

The hostel is very nice - clean and really well maintained. The staff are great, especially Daniela and Ana. The biggest problem with this place is that there was only one bathroom for our floor (the top floor), which had beds for 14 people. While the WC and shower were separate, this meant you could be waiting for awhile to get into one or the other (though it never really affected me). Otherwise, it's a really nice hostel and I would recommend it.

The wine hostel is a nice relaxed place to stay in a centre part of town, great cooking facilities an friendly staff! If you take the Rennex bus it drops you right next to the hostel!! Rooms were tidy and clean, no air con but still good window ventilation!

I will not say this because i'm portuguese.. but Portuguese hostels really are something else. It was perfect, nothing to say bad about it. Excelente place, being Porto a small city, good facilities, great staff. We cooked there, it had everything and even food and spices that we could use that people left there. Style.. fantastic! And i like to left messages in the fridge :) really great. Thanks for the hospitality. One note: bring your own lockers. Enjoy beautifull Porto!