Porto Wine Hostel Reviews

Campo dos Martires da Patria, 52, (in Cordoaria Garden, next to the University), Porto, Portugal

Great location & common area BUT wifi was really bad on the 2nd floor. And even though the toilet of common area is very clean, toilets of rooms are not that clean.

I was told by a friend that this was the best hostel he had ever stayed in however this was my 3rd hostel in Porto that I stayed in and I was sort of disappointed. I think this is still a very good hostel with a great location but out room was very dark and it wasn't very clean. The lounge and kitchen is very clean as big and I really enjoyed being in that room. But also things like breakfast was an extra €3, a towel was an extra €1 and a locker was an extra €1... It was too much for all of them

Clean, helpful informative staff, good location. Glass door for ensuite bathroom in 4 dorm a bit odd.

Outstanding décor and wonderful staff

A top hostel. Centrally located (bus to Lisbon leaves from across the road), good common room and regular activities to get things going (port tasting, pub crawls etc). Recommended.

Great hostel for if you are staying over with friends or are travelling in pairs, but I would not stay here alone: the atmoshphere is not very talkative and integrative.

• 3rd Aug 2015

The hostel is good, but the beds are so incomfortables..

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Spain

Clean, good spot, nice place,... I recommend !

An great place to stay. Next to the university, with some great restaraunts and bars in the area (three right outside).

Loved this hostel. No AC but they had fans and lockers. Amazing location, and the staff were fantastic. They offer cheap, small glasses of Port, and super cheap shots (25 cents!). My only complaint was their laundry service. I asked for my clothes cleaned, and I guess they thought I meant just washed and not dried. So I came back 3 hours later and my clothes were waiting for me wet. When I came back in the morning, 15 hrs later, my clothes were still not done. Aside from that, I loved it here.

Very nice and peaceful atmosphere. Staff was great. Room was pretty dark, but that's my only complaint

The hostel is very well designed and very pretty. I really like the style and the atmosphere it creates. The kitchen is fully equiped and we can make tea or coffee 24 hours for free. The location is very central. You can walk to all the sight seeings and the night life area is just steps away. Actually right downstairs you can have some cheap drinks to start the night already. If you are a light sleeper, probably the noise from downstairs would bother you. It doesn't matter to me though.

The hostel is absolutely gorgeous. The decoration goes perfectly with the theme of the hostel. They have a happy hour every night where they serve drinks at the hostel and the common area and the kitchen are very nice as well. The hostel is very clean and the rooms are also very nice. The location is the best as well you are close to wherever you wanna go to. There are lots of activities you can do during the day and at night there's as well a pubcrawl. The staff is very nice and helpful as well

Excellent and friendly staff. I have to say that the staff was the main highlight of my period at the hostel. Great location.

• 10th Jul 2015

You guys were so wonderful!

Great service and staff, the room was small but cosy and clean. Also, we had a pleasant surprise upon arrival: you get free towels and breakfast if you stay in one of the private rooms! that was awesome!! (I think it should be mentioned somewhere in the description). Overall, a great place to stay while visiting Porto! Obrigada!

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

Fantastic beds. Very good location, right next to night life!

I enjoyed the hostel. The facilities are comfortable and clean. The kitchen is well stocked. The staff is friendly. The only problem I had is a strange one. I stayed three nights and the first two were quiet and nice. The third one there was a company parth and they were very loud until 2 in the morning. Supposedly this only happens once a year but it was very disruptive to the guests who were trying to sleep. If it really is an anomoly then I can highly recommend the hostel.

I Wonld recommend the Wine Hostel to anyone.I enjoyed the pleasant and very helpful staff and the convenient location .Unfortunately there is a lot of very late, noisy, outside revelry which is beyond the control of the hostel. The bottom line is it is difficult to sleep.The rooms should be equipped with oscillating fans as they were veryduring hot during my stay.

• 26th Jun 2015

Good and clean hostel close to the main attractions of Porto with very friendly and helpful staff. Walls and door are a bit thin as you hear your neighbors talk and other people walk up and down the stairs. Overall, good place to stay at a good price.

• 24th Jun 2015