Porto Wine Hostel Reviews

Campo dos M�rtires da P�tria, 52, Porto, Portugal

PERFECT central location, friendly and adorable staff that makes you feel at home, confortable beds, extremely cheap prices during Happy Hour. I had an amazing time in this charming hostel. The only downpoints are that you have to pay extra for locker and breakfast.

Really enjoyed our time at Porto Wine Hostel, the people were friendly and the hostel had a great vibe. The porto wine offered was great too. Thanks for such a great stay!

I liked my stay here and the staff was really friendly! Good kitchen! In the night it was quiet in the dorms (but not outside) but that's not the hostel's fault :) The directions to the hostels could be more clear and it would be better if there would be more showers but over all, good hostel!

Nice themed hostel. The place is an old building with elegant deco. They offer a nice pubcrawl and the atmosphere invites you to socialize with other guests.

One word for this hostel: WOW! Staff were just amazing, so friendly and helpful! The decoration really makes you feel in Porto. Simple but nice breakfast, good kitchen if you're willing to cook and every night Port wine for a great deal. Definitely recommend it and it's a sure thing I'll visit them again.

We loved the decor and the affordable, delicious port! The young staff was really dedicated to making our stay easy and comfortable. The rooms were cute, but the double bed was way too small. My friend actually ended up trying to sleep on the chairs. If I stayed here again, I would request a room with two beds.

Very nice place ... charming common rooms. The location is excellent! The bedrooms are divided by ages, detail that I find great!

Porto Wine Hostel was in a brilliant location - right in the city centre and close to transport links. The staff were very helpful and friendly. There wasn't really too much of an atmosphere - it wasn't a party hostel like some of the others in town but in that way it was quite relaxing. The facilities were great - the beds were comfortable and everything was clean. We had a good stay there, I would recommend it and stay there again.

Great place for good price and great location!

• 10th Aug 2014

The Wine Hostel was really beautiful und surprisingly cheap! 100% recommendable! :)

The hostel is very nice - clean and really well maintained. The staff are great, especially Daniela and Ana. The biggest problem with this place is that there was only one bathroom for our floor (the top floor), which had beds for 14 people. While the WC and shower were separate, this meant you could be waiting for awhile to get into one or the other (though it never really affected me). Otherwise, it's a really nice hostel and I would recommend it.

The wine hostel is a nice relaxed place to stay in a centre part of town, great cooking facilities an friendly staff! If you take the Rennex bus it drops you right next to the hostel!! Rooms were tidy and clean, no air con but still good window ventilation!

I will not say this because i'm portuguese.. but Portuguese hostels really are something else. It was perfect, nothing to say bad about it. Excelente place, being Porto a small city, good facilities, great staff. We cooked there, it had everything and even food and spices that we could use that people left there. Style.. fantastic! And i like to left messages in the fridge :) really great. Thanks for the hospitality. One note: bring your own lockers. Enjoy beautifull Porto!

The Hostel is perfectly located and it has the nicest staff u could ask for. A place to stay for sure! we will come back!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Spain

It has a great location, good looking inside, the people working there are very nice and helpful. The only thing not so good was the lack of cleanness in some parts, but nothing so crucial. If you're looking for an Hostel in Porto I recommend Wine Hostel, you won't be disappointed.

The location was great, but our room didnt have windows and the light in the bathroom didnt work...

Porto Wine Hostel is located in a young and lively square, near to the center and to many pubs. The room was clean and and comfortable, even though downstairs pubs may be a little noisy. Personnel is very kind and competent and hostel atmosphere is young, facilitating other guests meeting by a big living room.

• 27th Jul 2014

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I paid more than twice as much to stay at hostels in Paris, Madrid, and Costa Brava this summer, but this hostel was nicer than any of them in terms of staff, service, and location.

• 25th Jul 2014

No hot water, no electricity in the bathroom, staff try to charge stuff that we didn't take, we were two and we weren't in the same dorm even if we booked together But nice location

• 23rd Jul 2014

Great hostel: central location near Livraria Lello and Clerigos Tower, maybe 10 minutes from Aliados and Sao Bento metro stations (it will involve going uphill). Stayed in a four bed dorm with it's own bathroom: room had a heavy buildup of dust on the other side of beds, but everything else was spotless. Very helpful and friendly staff, decent common room (including computers and a kitchen), and WiFi stable enough to Skype call home. Would recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3