Porto Wine Hostel Reviews

Campo dos Martires da Patria, 52, (in Cordoaria Garden, next to the University), Porto, Portugal

we were a group of four friends but lodged in two separate rooms. the staff informed us right after the booking so that we could decide whether we still want to stay at the wine hostel which was very kind and the best decision ever. it's located perfectly in the middle of a lot of bars, pubs, restaurants, cafés, shopping malls, you can reach "THE night spot" within two minutes. right in front of the entrance it becomes also highly crowded around the bars as the evening gets late but there is alm

The wifi here is very bad. They have two different networks and somehow neither of them work well. You can forget getting wifi in your room and it's very slow in the room where the router is located. Be aware of this if you do not have data. Otherwise, the hostel is good and located nicely.

• 11th May 2015

Great staff and wonderful hostel! It was so clean, modern, and functional, it was certainly my favorite of them all! I loved the breakfast, the wine tastings in the evenings, and the accommodations they offered. The dorm rooms were clean, the lockers perfect sized, the ensuite bathrooms were amazing, and the bunks and sheets clean and comfy. 5 stars all the way!

I had a lovely 2 night stay at the Wine Hostel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the communal areas are great. My only negative comment would be that the private ensuite room that I stayed in could do with an upgrade. One of the shutters was missing from the window letting in a lot of light at night-time and the the furniture was old and in the case of a velour chair, quite stained. That said, the room was clean and it wouldn´t put me off from staying again.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Best hostel I´ve ever stayed at!

• 17th Apr 2015

Friendly helpful staff!

The best thing this hostel has going for it is its location and the value for the money - pretty hard to beat. The lounge area was nice albeit pretty dead, mostly just an area for people to use WiFi on their phones etc. The rooms were fine, they were clean and there were small lockers for your bags. The bathroom was connected to our room, which has its pros and cons - convenient but also quite loud late at night/early in the morning. Overall a good hostel.

A very beautiful hostel located in a nice area of Porto. Well recommended.

Best Hostel ever. Yes, it is that simple.

Excellent place to stay for a few days! I'll come back here the next time I'm in Porto!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Hungary

I've been traveling all over Europe and the Porto Wine Hostel has been my best hostel experience so far. The staff were friendly and helpful, the facilities were clean and accessible, the location was amazing, and the price was certainly right. Best were the beds - I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud! I've never stayed in such a comfortable hostel bed. The location made it so easy to go out and make new friends at night too, right in front of the bars and university. I loved my stay!

The location is great, right downtown.The building is a recovered-100 years old, very beautiful but very hip.I only stayed one night so I don't know about the atmosphere, but the common room was nice and the kitchen fully equipped.The rooms had exactly what I wanted: individual night light, individual lockers and private bathroom.The only if: there was mold on the window next to my bed and in the bathroom and I couldn't stop sneezing since I have allergic rhinitis.Please address this if you can.

Great hostel! Very clean, well organised, cute decoration and good price. My only complain is the shower that was always cold :(

What an awesome hostel! Clean, great location, awesome common room and very helpful & friendly staff. Had a great 6 days here and would definitely come back.

Our stay in the Wine hostel was really great! Tgey were really flexible and we could get a room for the four of us because one of us had her birthday. The location was really good it was right in the center and you can walk everywhere really easily. The hostel looked so nice with all the different wine bottles and we felt very comfortable! Also the staff was really friendly and helpful and!! Thank you for the great 4 days we had at your place!

• 31st Jan 2015

Porto Wine Hostel was excellent! We went in the offseason (January) and it absolutely exceeded our expectations. The common area is cozy, beautiful, and pleasant. The terrace overlooks a park right across from the building. It is walking distance from the river and many museums and other tourist attractions. The staff is so courteous and speaks excellent English. They helped us enjoy Porto to the fullest! The beds were very comfortable with spacious lockers to store our things. I will come back!

The atmosphere in the Hostel was awsome because of the lovely decoration all over the hostel. The staff were also very friendly, especially the two girls tried to help us in any situation. Toilets and showers were clean. The 8 mixed-bed-room has a very nice view out of sunroom. The location of the hostel is more than good for people who want to make party because the place in front is at the weekend crowed with young people and the streets with the bars and clubs is not far away. Recommendable!