Porto Wine Hostel Reviews

Campo dos Martires da Patria, 52, (in Cordoaria Garden, next to the University), Porto, Portugal

Super nice staff always wanting to help you discover the city. Private room was huge and the bathroom perfect. The only con is that WiFi signal is not that good at the rooms, so you have to go downstairs and socialise aorund while surfing on the internet.

I had a very good time in this hostel and made a lot of friends. Lovely and stylish common room and comfortable dorm. The location was excelent, very central and facing a park where at night people gather and drink together, just great! Only, the wifi connection was not working very well in my room so i always had to go down to the common room, but it wasn't much of a nuisance anyway. If i were to go back to Porto, i'd totally stay in this hostel again! :)

the warmest hostel I have ever stayed! Thanks for all the service and SMILE

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Taiwan

Wine hostel is in a lovely old building. Directions on hostel world need updating - impossible to find with those. Staff are great, friendly and helpful. Breakfast good. Lounge area really lovely and a great atmosphere during the day and evening. I'd give the place 5* was it not for the terrible smell in my room. I think this was from damp as the bathroom had no ventilation or was dirty and mouldy. Shame in such a great place but this needs sorting out.

What a fantastic stay at the Wine Hostel! It was easy to find, and staff were most helpful from start to finish. Dormitory was clean, locker was huge, and it was a nice touch to be able to sample all the different shades of Port wine.

I Love the wine hostel, it was my fourth time, I hope I can come back next year.

• 27th Nov 2015

My boyfriend and I had a great time staying here! All the staff were very helpful (down to printing our train tickets for us while we were out) and had a load of great recommendations. The hostel had a very relaxed atmosphere with a lovely common space.

My only bad thing to say here is that the hostel lacks a bit of atmosphere, granted it was quiet but even when there was people there, it was still a bit dull

Good location close the where students go out so lively at night. Riverfront is a 15 minute walk but it's a pleasurable stroll. Very cheap beer / port and the staff were very friendly! Didn't get the breakfast but free tea and coffee. Beds were extremely comfortable on our 6 bed dorm.

The hostel is so amazing! It's perfectly located in the middle of Porto and you don't need to plan an itinerary to see the city. There's always something to discover walking distance and the main city is about 20 mins - 30 mins. walking. There is also a huge kitchen where you can cook your own food, and a cozy lounge where you can work on the computer or just hang out and meet other people! The rooms were clean and had bathrooms which was very convenient. Wifi is difficult to get sometimes.

• 30th Oct 2015

I loved the Port wine prices at the hostel. The only downside was that there were not enough young people to enjoy a port wine together and have a good time. The atmosphere was just a little too quiet for me.

We did buy at home straightaway a bottle of Port, Tawny 10, our roomnumber, great taste. The hospitality was very good and the ambience was relaxed

• 18th Oct 2015

Very nice hostel, very good location. Breakfast should be included in the price.

Great atmosphere in the lounge. Staff was super helpful,always reccomended amazing places for us to go. Theres happy hour till midnight(!!) With port wines at amazingly cheap prices, so that was a HUGE bonus. Great breakfast. Beautiful city, the hostel offers a large variety of tours to explore it with.

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Israel

The hostel was in a great location, the staff was always friendly. There was a great room to hang out in, drink wine. A clean kitchen and nice rooms. I loved it! Our favorite hostel i our 6 weeks of travelling.

Everything was amazing there! If I ever would visit Porto again - definitely gonna stay there again!

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Lithuania

Great hostel with amazing common room , so homey and comfortable. Staff were great and helpful. I particularly love the soft music in tbe background, definitely not pop. Love the decoration a d the taste of wine in the evening Location is great ,I walked to most places. No age restriction in this hostel I was well looked after. I was surprised there were few bostels with age restrictions

small little hostel that has lots of charm, only stayed one night but it's a cool place to hang out, quiter than a lot of hostels and that is a good thing sometimes (especially with the weekend I just had...) breakfast is good, staff are genuinely happy to help you, go for it!

A bit too expensive

• 22nd Sep 2015

Wonderful. Thank you for a lovely stay. Really enjoyed the port tasting.