Porto Wine Hostel Reviews

Campo dos Martires da Patria, 52, (in Cordoaria Garden, next to the University), Porto, Portugal

Loved this hostel. No AC but they had fans and lockers. Amazing location, and the staff were fantastic. They offer cheap, small glasses of Port, and super cheap shots (25 cents!). My only complaint was their laundry service. I asked for my clothes cleaned, and I guess they thought I meant just washed and not dried. So I came back 3 hours later and my clothes were waiting for me wet. When I came back in the morning, 15 hrs later, my clothes were still not done. Aside from that, I loved it here.

Very nice and peaceful atmosphere. Staff was great. Room was pretty dark, but that's my only complaint

The hostel is very well designed and very pretty. I really like the style and the atmosphere it creates. The kitchen is fully equiped and we can make tea or coffee 24 hours for free. The location is very central. You can walk to all the sight seeings and the night life area is just steps away. Actually right downstairs you can have some cheap drinks to start the night already. If you are a light sleeper, probably the noise from downstairs would bother you. It doesn't matter to me though.

The hostel is absolutely gorgeous. The decoration goes perfectly with the theme of the hostel. They have a happy hour every night where they serve drinks at the hostel and the common area and the kitchen are very nice as well. The hostel is very clean and the rooms are also very nice. The location is the best as well you are close to wherever you wanna go to. There are lots of activities you can do during the day and at night there's as well a pubcrawl. The staff is very nice and helpful as well

Excellent and friendly staff. I have to say that the staff was the main highlight of my period at the hostel. Great location.

• 10th Jul 2015

You guys were so wonderful!

Great service and staff, the room was small but cosy and clean. Also, we had a pleasant surprise upon arrival: you get free towels and breakfast if you stay in one of the private rooms! that was awesome!! (I think it should be mentioned somewhere in the description). Overall, a great place to stay while visiting Porto! Obrigada!

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

Fantastic beds. Very good location, right next to night life!

I enjoyed the hostel. The facilities are comfortable and clean. The kitchen is well stocked. The staff is friendly. The only problem I had is a strange one. I stayed three nights and the first two were quiet and nice. The third one there was a company parth and they were very loud until 2 in the morning. Supposedly this only happens once a year but it was very disruptive to the guests who were trying to sleep. If it really is an anomoly then I can highly recommend the hostel.

I Wonld recommend the Wine Hostel to anyone.I enjoyed the pleasant and very helpful staff and the convenient location .Unfortunately there is a lot of very late, noisy, outside revelry which is beyond the control of the hostel. The bottom line is it is difficult to sleep.The rooms should be equipped with oscillating fans as they were veryduring hot during my stay.

• 26th Jun 2015

Good and clean hostel close to the main attractions of Porto with very friendly and helpful staff. Walls and door are a bit thin as you hear your neighbors talk and other people walk up and down the stairs. Overall, good place to stay at a good price.

• 24th Jun 2015

Good hostel overall - staff was friendly and helpful but there were times were I had to wait some time before talking with them. Stayed true to its name - good drinks and sangria. However the rooms were quite hot at night. Air conditioning would go a long ways. Also the wifi was very poor sometimes. I couldn't use it in my room at all.

One of the best hostels ive ever stayed. Staff is super kind and helpful.they make you feel home as soon as you enter the hostel. Big common area which makes it easy to meet other travellers. I really liked the decoration and the atmosphere. Definately will stay here again next time in porto.

The area is nice and perfect to visit the city. You can go out just around the corner. The facilities are a little bit old but the hostel has charm. It can become noisy at night when people are drinking on the place outside.

• 12th Jun 2015

Carla at the front desk was extremely helpful, highlighting everything on the map we had to visit. She also recommended the most amazing restaurants!

• 6th Jun 2015

Absolutely loved this hostel! It is right in the centre (up on a hill, should you be coming with heavy luggage) and all around the Port Wine. Beautifully decorated and with (port) wine available to buy by the glass. The kitchen is clean and well-equipped. Sadly, the bathroom has some mould on the ceiling, what a shame in such a great hostel. The staff, while VERY nice, don't always know what you are trying to say. I was looking for the tram and was sent to the train

Really good location! A bit loud at night on the street because there are cheap bars below though.

Great location! Clean & comfy.

we were a group of four friends but lodged in two separate rooms. the staff informed us right after the booking so that we could decide whether we still want to stay at the wine hostel which was very kind and the best decision ever. it's located perfectly in the middle of a lot of bars, pubs, restaurants, cafés, shopping malls, you can reach "THE night spot" within two minutes. right in front of the entrance it becomes also highly crowded around the bars as the evening gets late but there is alm

The wifi here is very bad. They have two different networks and somehow neither of them work well. You can forget getting wifi in your room and it's very slow in the room where the router is located. Be aware of this if you do not have data. Otherwise, the hostel is good and located nicely.

• 11th May 2015