Porto Wine Hostel Reviews

Campo dos Martires da Patria, 52, (in Cordoaria Garden, next to the University), Porto, Portugal

Good hostel overall - staff was friendly and helpful but there were times were I had to wait some time before talking with them. Stayed true to its name - good drinks and sangria. However the rooms were quite hot at night. Air conditioning would go a long ways. Also the wifi was very poor sometimes. I couldn't use it in my room at all.

One of the best hostels ive ever stayed. Staff is super kind and helpful.they make you feel home as soon as you enter the hostel. Big common area which makes it easy to meet other travellers. I really liked the decoration and the atmosphere. Definately will stay here again next time in porto.

The area is nice and perfect to visit the city. You can go out just around the corner. The facilities are a little bit old but the hostel has charm. It can become noisy at night when people are drinking on the place outside.

• 12th Jun 2015

Carla at the front desk was extremely helpful, highlighting everything on the map we had to visit. She also recommended the most amazing restaurants!

• 6th Jun 2015

Absolutely loved this hostel! It is right in the centre (up on a hill, should you be coming with heavy luggage) and all around the Port Wine. Beautifully decorated and with (port) wine available to buy by the glass. The kitchen is clean and well-equipped. Sadly, the bathroom has some mould on the ceiling, what a shame in such a great hostel. The staff, while VERY nice, don't always know what you are trying to say. I was looking for the tram and was sent to the train

Really good location! A bit loud at night on the street because there are cheap bars below though.

Great location! Clean & comfy.

we were a group of four friends but lodged in two separate rooms. the staff informed us right after the booking so that we could decide whether we still want to stay at the wine hostel which was very kind and the best decision ever. it's located perfectly in the middle of a lot of bars, pubs, restaurants, cafés, shopping malls, you can reach "THE night spot" within two minutes. right in front of the entrance it becomes also highly crowded around the bars as the evening gets late but there is alm

The wifi here is very bad. They have two different networks and somehow neither of them work well. You can forget getting wifi in your room and it's very slow in the room where the router is located. Be aware of this if you do not have data. Otherwise, the hostel is good and located nicely.

• 11th May 2015

Great staff and wonderful hostel! It was so clean, modern, and functional, it was certainly my favorite of them all! I loved the breakfast, the wine tastings in the evenings, and the accommodations they offered. The dorm rooms were clean, the lockers perfect sized, the ensuite bathrooms were amazing, and the bunks and sheets clean and comfy. 5 stars all the way!

I had a lovely 2 night stay at the Wine Hostel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the communal areas are great. My only negative comment would be that the private ensuite room that I stayed in could do with an upgrade. One of the shutters was missing from the window letting in a lot of light at night-time and the the furniture was old and in the case of a velour chair, quite stained. That said, the room was clean and it wouldn´t put me off from staying again.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Best hostel I´ve ever stayed at!

• 17th Apr 2015

Friendly helpful staff!

The best thing this hostel has going for it is its location and the value for the money - pretty hard to beat. The lounge area was nice albeit pretty dead, mostly just an area for people to use WiFi on their phones etc. The rooms were fine, they were clean and there were small lockers for your bags. The bathroom was connected to our room, which has its pros and cons - convenient but also quite loud late at night/early in the morning. Overall a good hostel.

A very beautiful hostel located in a nice area of Porto. Well recommended.

Best Hostel ever. Yes, it is that simple.

Excellent place to stay for a few days! I'll come back here the next time I'm in Porto!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Hungary

I've been traveling all over Europe and the Porto Wine Hostel has been my best hostel experience so far. The staff were friendly and helpful, the facilities were clean and accessible, the location was amazing, and the price was certainly right. Best were the beds - I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud! I've never stayed in such a comfortable hostel bed. The location made it so easy to go out and make new friends at night too, right in front of the bars and university. I loved my stay!

1 2 Next » last »