Porto Wine Hostel Reviews

Campo dos Martires da Patria, 52, (in Cordoaria Garden, next to the University), Porto, Portugal

It was one of the best holidays I've had and Wine Hostel and all the people I met there definitely helped for that. The hostel has a great atmosphere, the staff is great and the facilities are pretty good too!

Beautiful building and decoration. Facilities over the average and amazing staff. Defintely one of the best hostels I've been.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Portugal

The staff were absolutely completely amazing, really lovely and although extremely busy, always acted in the most professional and pleasant manner, breakfast was amazing and they really helped create a lovely environment.

The hostel itself was not bad. However, the room was not very clean and organisation was a bit messy at times... I think that being a hostel in central Porto one person of staff is not enough considering the number of guests this hostel has. I have to say, though, that the girls working there were very helpful and nice.

The bunked beds need to be updated... and if guest are instructed better things can be easier for everyone .

I really liked staying at the Porto Wine Hostel! The hostel was very cosy - especially the living room! - and the staff was friendly. The rooms were very basic, but that didn't bother me 'cause they were clean. We - my friend and I - slept in a room right above the Erasmus bar. It was always noisy outside at night. For 'light sleepers' this may be an issue. Don't forget your earplugs!

• 6th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

Overall the stay at the hostel met our expectations, however there were a few details (maybe true only for our room) that could be improved. In the shower + WC there was no soap, the light in the room didn´t work and the door to the room was probably crooked and quite noisy. It might not be the best choice for people who prefer calm surroundings, since it is above a street full of bars. For us, this wasn´t a problem and we liked the lively street. It is walking distance from the city centre.

I loved it here! Location amazing, dorms are large and comfy, and the "port wine theme" of the hostel is adorable and key in a city like Porto. Try the port wines they serve at the hostel, and go for the free walking tours. Slept amazingly well here, and if I return to Porto one I will stay there for sure! Atmosphere is great, easy to make friends and relax.

It was an awesome stay! The night girl was super cool and helpful. However, she could have used a second set of hand during happy hour so she wasn't going in a million directions at once. That aside I would high recommend staying. It's a beautiful building, in a great location!

• 3rd Sep 2015

the directions you get for this plave once you book are SO vague! it IS NOT located across fromthe bus station, UNLESS you are travelling with one particular bus company (i cant remember which one). Overall, pretty good hostel, bit noisy at night due to being located above pubs/clubs but overall clean & comfortable

I loved my stay at the Wine Hostel! It was definitely the best hostel I ever stayed at. The atmosphere is just great, the staff is nice and I met a lot of nice people. You can get port wine for little money and join free walking tours, wine tours or - my favourite - a pub crawl :) I will definitely come back!

• 24th Aug 2015

Great location & common area BUT wifi was really bad on the 2nd floor. And even though the toilet of common area is very clean, toilets of rooms are not that clean.

Thank you for choosing Wine Hostel for your recent stay in Porto. Feedback from our customers is the best way for us to improve the quality of our service and therefore it is very important to us. Thanks again, and we hope you choose the Wine Hostel for your next stay in Porto. Best regards, Wine Hostel Team

I was told by a friend that this was the best hostel he had ever stayed in however this was my 3rd hostel in Porto that I stayed in and I was sort of disappointed. I think this is still a very good hostel with a great location but out room was very dark and it wasn't very clean. The lounge and kitchen is very clean as big and I really enjoyed being in that room. But also things like breakfast was an extra €3, a towel was an extra €1 and a locker was an extra €1... It was too much for all of them

Clean, helpful informative staff, good location. Glass door for ensuite bathroom in 4 dorm a bit odd.

Outstanding décor and wonderful staff

We had an amazing time at Wine Hostel! Unfortunately we stayed there one night only, wish I could have stayed longer, since the staff is great, location eccellente and room very comfortable! Absolutely to try it!

• 13th Aug 2015

A top hostel. Centrally located (bus to Lisbon leaves from across the road), good common room and regular activities to get things going (port tasting, pub crawls etc). Recommended.

1 2 Next » last »