Porto Wine Hostel Reviews

Campo dos Martires da Patria, 52, (in Cordoaria Garden, next to the University), Porto, Portugal

we were a group of four friends but lodged in two separate rooms. the staff informed us right after the booking so that we could decide whether we still want to stay at the wine hostel which was very kind and the best decision ever. it's located perfectly in the middle of a lot of bars, pubs, restaurants, cafés, shopping malls, you can reach "THE night spot" within two minutes. right in front of the entrance it becomes also highly crowded around the bars as the evening gets late but there is alm

The wifi here is very bad. They have two different networks and somehow neither of them work well. You can forget getting wifi in your room and it's very slow in the room where the router is located. Be aware of this if you do not have data. Otherwise, the hostel is good and located nicely.

• 11th May 2015

Great staff and wonderful hostel! It was so clean, modern, and functional, it was certainly my favorite of them all! I loved the breakfast, the wine tastings in the evenings, and the accommodations they offered. The dorm rooms were clean, the lockers perfect sized, the ensuite bathrooms were amazing, and the bunks and sheets clean and comfy. 5 stars all the way!

I had a lovely 2 night stay at the Wine Hostel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the communal areas are great. My only negative comment would be that the private ensuite room that I stayed in could do with an upgrade. One of the shutters was missing from the window letting in a lot of light at night-time and the the furniture was old and in the case of a velour chair, quite stained. That said, the room was clean and it wouldn´t put me off from staying again.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Best hostel I´ve ever stayed at!

• 17th Apr 2015

Friendly helpful staff!

The best thing this hostel has going for it is its location and the value for the money - pretty hard to beat. The lounge area was nice albeit pretty dead, mostly just an area for people to use WiFi on their phones etc. The rooms were fine, they were clean and there were small lockers for your bags. The bathroom was connected to our room, which has its pros and cons - convenient but also quite loud late at night/early in the morning. Overall a good hostel.

1 2 3 Next » last »