Portree Hostel - Waterford City Reviews

11 Mary Street, Waterford, Waterford, Ireland

The constant reminders that I should smile because I was being filmed made me feel like a criminal and the hallway smelled like cigarette smoke.

Bathrooms and kitchen weren't overly clean. Wireless was also very troublesome. Very average hostel.

lovely, would definitely stay again

Rooms are in the basement, kitchen was very unclean, owner is nice, though... For one night it's okay.

Very cozy and quiete with a nice garden. Well equipped kitchen and good water pressure in the shower. A stone's throw from the bus station as well.

• 8th Apr 2014

Super cozy, friendly staff and very comfortable rooms. I would coming back for sure.

I stayed at the Portree Hostel for one night on a short trip to Waterford. It's a very homey hostel with a very friendly and welcoming staff. In a good location, about a five minute walk from both the train and bus stations. It's pretty basic, but I had an enjoyable stay. It looked like there were lockers available, luggage storage, and everyone was given a key to the front door, so no curfew, which is nice!

It was lovely!

It is close to bus stop and not far from city centre, room is big and no bunk, and for that night I got whole room so I had good sleep without hearing any noise. Kitchen is fine, wifi connection is poor though (no connection in my room). The room cannot be locked so I was a bit worrying about the security. Price is high for budget backpacker.