Portree Hostel - Waterford City Reviews

11 Mary Street, Waterford, Waterford, Ireland

Not very pleasant accommodation. Not very clean and no towels provided. Have stayed there before and it has definitely changed for the worse.

• 12th Sep 2014

Both the women that I dealt with at the reception desk were quite abrupt and I did not really feel welcomed. This was the least friendly of all the hostels that we stayed at over 3 weeks. The facility was clean and the beds were comfortable but a welcoming atmosphere is very important too and this was missing from this hostel

The constant reminders that I should smile because I was being filmed made me feel like a criminal and the hallway smelled like cigarette smoke.

Bathrooms and kitchen weren't overly clean. Wireless was also very troublesome. Very average hostel.

lovely, would definitely stay again

Rooms are in the basement, kitchen was very unclean, owner is nice, though... For one night it's okay.

Very cozy and quiete with a nice garden. Well equipped kitchen and good water pressure in the shower. A stone's throw from the bus station as well.

• 8th Apr 2014

Super cozy, friendly staff and very comfortable rooms. I would coming back for sure.

I stayed at the Portree Hostel for one night on a short trip to Waterford. It's a very homey hostel with a very friendly and welcoming staff. In a good location, about a five minute walk from both the train and bus stations. It's pretty basic, but I had an enjoyable stay. It looked like there were lockers available, luggage storage, and everyone was given a key to the front door, so no curfew, which is nice!

It was lovely!