Portree Hostel - Waterford City Reviews

11 Mary Street, Waterford, Waterford, Ireland

Super cozy, friendly staff and very comfortable rooms. I would coming back for sure.

I stayed at the Portree Hostel for one night on a short trip to Waterford. It's a very homey hostel with a very friendly and welcoming staff. In a good location, about a five minute walk from both the train and bus stations. It's pretty basic, but I had an enjoyable stay. It looked like there were lockers available, luggage storage, and everyone was given a key to the front door, so no curfew, which is nice!

It was lovely!

It is close to bus stop and not far from city centre, room is big and no bunk, and for that night I got whole room so I had good sleep without hearing any noise. Kitchen is fine, wifi connection is poor though (no connection in my room). The room cannot be locked so I was a bit worrying about the security. Price is high for budget backpacker.

Stayed there in December and January - i found the rooms pretty cold. The small electric heating is not enough to heat the whole room. The fully equiped kitchen is a great thing however definitely needs some new pans and skillets. Very friendly staff. Altogether the hostel is ok.

• 6th Jan 2014

Beds were nice and comfy and the staff were lovely. In a great location and had a nice atmosphere. The shower was freezing cold though.

Really nice rooms, great common space, really nice owners!

Although the hostel is near the bus station and that I think the whole idea is interesting (I liked the common area), the place is poorly cleaned (the second bathroom had two spiders and my room was a little dirty), and the breakfast is not included. It doesn't worth the €20 I paid per night. It could be better, no doubt about that. All the best, Bruno

Hostel was great, gave an opportunity to meet and socialise with new people. The staff at the hostel were welcoming, friendly and helpful. Based on that if I'm ever back in waterford, I'll be using the Portree for sure.

• 25th Oct 2013

Great stay, quiet hostel, good common area for talking with others, good shakers and bathrooms