5.1
Rating 57 Total Reviews
5.1
Rating 57 Total Reviews
Portside Inn Backpackers Lodge Located at 52 Bridge Street, Napier, Napier.
New Zealand
Napier Hawkes Bay 4110 52 Bridge Street, Napier
51% 57
-39.4818848 176.8977999
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Jan 2016
2.0

Horrible place. Full of long term residents. Was very glad to leave and stay in a different hostel in town! Asked within five minutes if we knew a drug dealer to supply them.

• Iran, Female, 31-40
27th Dec 2015
4.3

It was very dirty and non-organized place. I had booked a room with 4 beds for 4 of us but they said you should go to the 8 beds room with 4 other people! And in a very bad and not polite way and when I said my request they said you can go somewhere else and we had to go somewhere else on that day with a lot of stress. I do not recommend it to anyone.

This is a very disappointing review because you were offered several options for your accommodation, including private accommodation in our caravans, which you declined. You are correct in that we did not have a 4 bed dorm exclusively for your group, but your reservation was for 4 beds in mixed dorms, at no time in the reservation process were you promised a private room. Your comments about the place being dirty and non-organised are clearly malicious.

• Northern Ireland, Female, 25-30
17th Nov 2015

The staff and longer term guests could not have done more to make me feel welcome from the moment I arrived and I was given lots of help about what to do in the area. The hostel quickly felt like a home from home and, if I could have, I would have rearranged my trip to stay longer. I hope I'll be back!

Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate your comments.

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
14th Nov 2015
2.9

It wasn't clean, the atmosphere was concerning and I just didn't like it at all.

We are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. It would help if you had spoken to us during your stay,so that we could address your concerns.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
13th Nov 2015
5.4

I was only for two nights there and I wished it would be only one...two of three showers were so dirty, I didn't want to use them and it not seemed like they would clean the bathrooms daily....