Portside Inn Backpackers Lodge Reviews

52 Bridge Street, Napier, Napier, New Zealand

The common room is a bit dark. It will be great with more natural light. I really like how I could have the room for myself even though it was a shared dorm room. Really appreciate that. The other room with other people were smelly even when they just left their door open and I could smell their rotten feet/ clothing smelling.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Thailand

Everything was okay, except the pillowcase and duvet didn't look like they had been washed (maybe they were just old). There was an empty bed with a cleaner-looking pillowcase, so I just switched. The whole place is kind of run down, but the staff was nice and helpful. Nothing was horrible, but nothing was great, either.

I've stayed at many hostels and this one was one of the WORST! Main points of contention was the very obvious fact firstly that their was overselling of the rooms.We paid for a 4 bedded dorm, which was cramped (no luggage storage at all -a good part of the floor had been taken up by cases etc) They SOLD the floor space to another guest too on our 2nd night, meaning scrabbling over them! Miles from Napier by NOISYheavy goods railway/road junction this workers lodgings is AWFUL! AVOID if you can.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Gibraltar

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Our dorm room spaces are typical of other hostels and we have also stayed at many hostels. The location of the hostel is clearly stated on our website and the booking agents sites that you used. Yes we do accommodate workers, as do most backpackers, and that is understood and accepted by travellers who use this type of accommodation.

Staff were very friendly.hostel is set up well for backpackers working in the area. Hostel location is on the fair side of napier near the port and beside a main road.so lots of road noises come morning and the odd train.only had a one night stayed here.

• 14th Jan 2015