Portside Inn Backpackers Lodge Reviews

52 Bridge Street, Napier, Napier, New Zealand

It was very dirty and non-organized place. I had booked a room with 4 beds for 4 of us but they said you should go to the 8 beds room with 4 other people! And in a very bad and not polite way and when I said my request they said you can go somewhere else and we had to go somewhere else on that day with a lot of stress. I do not recommend it to anyone.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Iran

This is a very disappointing review because you were offered several options for your accommodation, including private accommodation in our caravans, which you declined. You are correct in that we did not have a 4 bed dorm exclusively for your group, but your reservation was for 4 beds in mixed dorms, at no time in the reservation process were you promised a private room. Your comments about the place being dirty and non-organised are clearly malicious.

The staff and longer term guests could not have done more to make me feel welcome from the moment I arrived and I was given lots of help about what to do in the area. The hostel quickly felt like a home from home and, if I could have, I would have rearranged my trip to stay longer. I hope I'll be back!

• 17th Nov 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate your comments.

It wasn't clean, the atmosphere was concerning and I just didn't like it at all.

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Sweden

We are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. It would help if you had spoken to us during your stay,so that we could address your concerns.

I was only for two nights there and I wished it would be only one...two of three showers were so dirty, I didn't want to use them and it not seemed like they would clean the bathrooms daily....