Portside Inn Backpackers Lodge Reviews

52 Bridge Street, Napier, Napier, New Zealand

The main problem is that hostel is about 30 minutes of walk from the downtown (there are some shops and restaurants nearby, but all social life is far away from there). if I wanted to go to Napier again, I would definitely choose an accommodation closer to the town centre.

Difficult hostel to rate; some good things, some not. I booked a 4 bed dorm, was given an 8 bed, but the 8 bed was very spacious so I didn't mind. The annex is much nicer than the main building, so ask to stay out there. It has much better bathroom and shower facilities. It's a fair way out of town; there is a bus into town but it's expensive and infrequent. Owners are very nice people who will lend you a bike for the day for next to nothing if you ask nicely enough. Good enough for $25/night.

Thanks for the feedback, we are disappointed that you were not fully satisfied with some aspects of your stay, but we appreciate your comments.

A really nice, homely place with very friendly and welcoming staff. It is a bit of a walk out of Napier itself though, which is slightly annoying.