Portus House Istanbul Reviews

Mumhane Cad, 31, Kemankes Mah. Karakoy, Istanbul, Turkey

I booked a room with 4 beds, but I only wanted one bed. There are no dorm rooms, so this was my fault.. I cycled to the hotel, half an hour after booking. The manager was really friendly. It was her right to charge the first night but didn´t charge me anythting, although it was less then 24hours to the check in time!! She speaks perfekt German and English and maybe other languages(turkish?). Her co-worker was also very friendly. Big points in staff!! have a nice stay

We appreciated a lot the staff of the hotel, especially the little attentions, like giving us a take away breakfast when we had to leave at 5:00AM. Thank you :)

Perfect location. Helpful and friendly staff. Use of kitchen was brilliant. Would stay here again!!

The rooms are verry cleen. I had a super nice stay in this hostel! Olso the staff is verry friendly. She helpt verry good with. Things to see in the city, and train and boat times etc. I would realy recement this hostel for a simpel nice clean stay

• 21st Jun 2013

Outstanding Hostel! We enjoyed our stay very much and the stay was by the way also save. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They gave us great advice for restaurants and updated us daily on the situation in the city. Great location, very high level of cleanliness and excellent breakfast. Istanbul is defenitely worth a visit and as of last week there were no issues regarding security. Very recommendable Hostel!!

Everything was so wonderful. The hotel is gorgeous and the staff was helpful, friendly and accomidating.

Great location, lovely accommodation in a quirky building with friendly and helpful staff, clean and bright rooms and nice breakfast. Definitely would stay here again.

• 20th May 2013

Great staff, location and overal atmosphere!! If you want a nice quite weekend as a couple this is the place to stay, just in between the old and new part of Istanbul. Very helpful staff, they went the extra mile to ensure we had a great stay and thanks Martha for dinner suggestions! We had a room with shared bathroom, but although there were more guests at our hallway, it was like we had our own private facilities:)

This hostel is great. The staff is very nice, helpful and friendly. They make you feel like home. Next to the hostel is a supermarket, which is opened 7days a week til 9pm. the rooms are very private. Me and my boyfreind just shared a corridor that had a seperate shower and restroom, with an other couple. The only negative point is that the shower water is not hot, only lukewarm. But in summer you can live with that. I really recommend that hostel.

My Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. It means a lot to us. I am sorry for the luke warm water the other day. The issue has been fixed, the water is as hot as anybody would like again. All the Best from Istanbul, Your Portus Istanbul Team

Great Hostel! I would advice everybody to stay here when you are in Istambul. The crew are awsome and very helpful! as well as kind! loved our stay here. If we are ever again in Istambul, for sure we are going to stay in Portus House! Amazing!

I stayed with 2 friends for 4 nights stay. The location was great for visiting all the sites. Our room was very clean and spacious and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. As a budget hotel it was ideal for our visit.

• 18th Apr 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

Simply a great place to stay! Wonderful staff, nice furnishings, perfectly clean... If one could pay by credit card it would be absolutely perfect.

We had a great stay at Portus House! The rooms are clean and nice, the breakfast was delicious and the staff very helpful. Definitely recommendable!!

It was very good accomodation, bathroom extremely modern and staffs very helpful.Location is like a center to reach anywhere.I will come back again exactly.Thank you Portus!

• 7th Apr 2013
  • Turkey

Lovely, clean, stylishly decorated boutique hostel in up & coming Karaköy neighborhood, away from tourist traps of the old town, yet near a tram stop for easy access to main sights, walking distance to Galata, steps from ferry terminal and Istanbul Modern, next door to the best Simit bakery in town and several cafes. Friendly manager Cidgem makes you feel welcome right away, spends time with you offering suggestions, and even offers tips on proper hamam etiquette. Feels more like a guesthouse

Very nice hostel, everything is new and clean and breakfast was very good. English fluency of the staff varies greatly, but overall its okay. Location is fine, as of the distance to the center, but try to arrive before it gets dark, because you will be able to find the hostel better and the neighborhood will seem less scary :)

Great stay. Location was perfect for our purpose. Clean, decent food, stylish rooms, comfortable, nice staff, great city!!

• 7th Mar 2013

Yes, we made the right choice by choosing this place. We were looking for a decent place to stay that is still within our budget yet clean and has a central location yet quit. Bingo! After reading so many good comments, we can only recommend it to everybody. Our room was like described, the mattress was comfortable, the cleaning lady immaculately detailed and friendly, breakfast good & varying and the location just perfect. In fact the whole staff was friendly and competent. Would book again.

• 7th Mar 2013

very nice and clean, a supermarkt just accross the streat...very near to the old town, but also to the new town center - taxim...we went on foot all the time. the staff is very nice and helpfull we had breakfast served every day, and the room cleaned... sometimes there was some noise from the room next to us, but one cant blaim the hostel for that :) tnx a lot, will definently recommended you others

I really enjoyed my stay at Portus House Istanbul. The hostel was clean, the staff was very helpful, organised and super nice. They always had a smile on their faces. When I come back to Istanbul, I would definitely stay there again and again and again!!

• 3rd Mar 2013