Portus House Istanbul Reviews

Mumhane Cad, 31, Kemankes Mah. Karakoy, Istanbul, Turkey

Wonderful staff, great location!

Really clean, more a hotel than hostel - lovely beds, bottles of water on arrival and maps in the room. Amazing service too- We had to leave for the airport at 5am and they had organized a packed breakfast for us as we wouldn't make the free breakfast. Upgraded on our first night. Highly recommend!

Portus House was an excellent choice. Although not exactly in the epicenter of Istanbul, it is located within walking distance from everything you would like. Staff was always warm and willing to help us in any way and made us feel welcome and "at home". The house was super clean - it definetely was cleaner than most of the hotels I have stayed in and I have stayed in quite a lot of good hotels. The room was spacious and always warm (we visited Istanbul in a period of heavy snowing weather).

• 11th Dec 2013
  • Greece

Perfect place (for me), nice and friendly stuff. Very clean! Nice breakfast. I missed only common room.

A great Hostel for couples or if you're travelling with a friend and happy to stay in a place where you are needing to meet other people. This place is classy and modern and very reasonable value given the quality of the facilities.

Staff was awesome! Very friendly and helpful! They go out of their way to help you and make you feel at home. Highly recommend this place! Very clean :) and great value for your money!

Absolutely incredible hostel! More so a low budget hotel, perfect for couples or people who want something quieter or more private, but in saying that the atmosphere is still really friendly and social. Location is perfect and the staff have been the best I've experienced during my trip (travelling through 21 countries)! Highly recommend!

This is a small and cozy boutique type hostel that feels more like a hotel or a b&b than a hostel. Not the place for party types but perfect for folks looking for a clean and comfortable place away from the bustle of the city. The location just around the corner from Galata bridge is awesome as is the free breakfast that is served by a member of the more than friendly staff. I would definitely recommend this hostel as it provided an awesome value for money.

Staff were very friendly, rooms clean and roomy. The location is great because it is close to the action but away from the busy, noisy Sultanhamet area. Tram is close by, which is handy getting to/from the airport, but otherwise the main attractions are within walking distance. Thank you for a lovely stay :-)

Easily one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at -- clean, comfortable, spacious and on top of all of that the staff is fantastic!

Nice quiet place. Good and helpful staff. Great turkish breakfast. We hired a 3 day Cappadocia tour with the travel agency they recommended and everything was absolutely amazing! Totally recommended, and just a few euros more expensive than doing it on your own.

I booked a room with 4 beds, but I only wanted one bed. There are no dorm rooms, so this was my fault.. I cycled to the hotel, half an hour after booking. The manager was really friendly. It was her right to charge the first night but didn´t charge me anythting, although it was less then 24hours to the check in time!! She speaks perfekt German and English and maybe other languages(turkish?). Her co-worker was also very friendly. Big points in staff!! have a nice stay

We appreciated a lot the staff of the hotel, especially the little attentions, like giving us a take away breakfast when we had to leave at 5:00AM. Thank you :)

Perfect location. Helpful and friendly staff. Use of kitchen was brilliant. Would stay here again!!

The rooms are verry cleen. I had a super nice stay in this hostel! Olso the staff is verry friendly. She helpt verry good with. Things to see in the city, and train and boat times etc. I would realy recement this hostel for a simpel nice clean stay

• 21st Jun 2013

Outstanding Hostel! We enjoyed our stay very much and the stay was by the way also save. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They gave us great advice for restaurants and updated us daily on the situation in the city. Great location, very high level of cleanliness and excellent breakfast. Istanbul is defenitely worth a visit and as of last week there were no issues regarding security. Very recommendable Hostel!!

Everything was so wonderful. The hotel is gorgeous and the staff was helpful, friendly and accomidating.

Great location, lovely accommodation in a quirky building with friendly and helpful staff, clean and bright rooms and nice breakfast. Definitely would stay here again.

• 20th May 2013

Great staff, location and overal atmosphere!! If you want a nice quite weekend as a couple this is the place to stay, just in between the old and new part of Istanbul. Very helpful staff, they went the extra mile to ensure we had a great stay and thanks Martha for dinner suggestions! We had a room with shared bathroom, but although there were more guests at our hallway, it was like we had our own private facilities:)

This hostel is great. The staff is very nice, helpful and friendly. They make you feel like home. Next to the hostel is a supermarket, which is opened 7days a week til 9pm. the rooms are very private. Me and my boyfreind just shared a corridor that had a seperate shower and restroom, with an other couple. The only negative point is that the shower water is not hot, only lukewarm. But in summer you can live with that. I really recommend that hostel.

My Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. It means a lot to us. I am sorry for the luke warm water the other day. The issue has been fixed, the water is as hot as anybody would like again. All the Best from Istanbul, Your Portus Istanbul Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6