Porzellaneum Reviews

Porzellangasse 30, 1090 Wien, Vienna, Austria

The hostel was very old and dirty. There was no cleaning at all, the showers which were supposed to be only for women, were actually also used by guys! I was really disappointed with this hostel. I would not recommend it at all.

Very average, basic student halls. Could have easily been a lot cleaner. Lack of facilities but nice staff and has a good location.

Very friedly and helpfull people. Recommended highly to all.

• 13th Aug 2015

Single room in Porzellaneum was perfect for solo traveller like me. Only real downside was absence of wifi signal inside my room (3th floor) and not very clean shared showers. Beside that, I can recommended this hostel for everyone who is looking for quite place to stay not so far from city center.

We (couple) took a private room, and it was clean and secured. The showers were downstairs in the courtyard (you have to go outside to get to them). The toilets were clean but didn't have a sink. Kitchen is at the end of the hallway and has no pots/pans so you can't cook. Located around 15mins walk to the historic center.

With the quality of service and cleanliness the price should have been cheaper.

Things are a bit hard to find inside.

Not central, not cheap, no atmosphere. Student accommodation without the buzz. Too expensive for what it is, only stayed here because we had no other choice, I'd suggest you do the same.

This is not a place for backpackers, unless you want a night or two undisturbed.

Felt more like a hotel than a hostel, which is fine if that's what you're after, but don't expect to meet people hanging out in the common room etc. Staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Stayed in the private twin. It was a nice place especially that they have laundry service. We enjoyed our stay.

Pros: perfect for sleep and relaxation, quiet. Near a few cafés, a pizza place and a park. 24 hour reception. Cons: Pretty far from town and even a walk to the metro. No kitchen.

Nothing special, no atmosphere whatsoever because we were possibly the only guests. Good price, clean, and location worked for us. Not a glowing recommendation, but did the job.

Room was decent. Calm neighborhood. Showers were dirty, tight, and had no where you could put your stuff. This is not a good place for meeting people if you are travelling alone. Staff was really friendly and helpful!

Room seemed fairly dirty but the area felt very safe and was within close walking distance to plenty of cafes, shops, and an u-bahn station. Very quiet and laid-back. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful!

This is a great place if you want to enjoy your day in the centre of Wien after a good night's sleep. The hostel is situated in a quiet area, yet very close to the historical city centre. The staff is very nice and helpful and I appreaciated the possibility to leave my luggage there after check out and come back for it later that day. I would stay again!

Since it's regularly a student dorm, the hostel had a more impersonal feeling. Facilities were fine, but the location was a little far from the city centre. For the price, it was not too bad.

Honestly this hostel was a disapointment... Staff guys are cool but slow, cleaness is nothing special, breakfast is expensive and not that good (5,50€ for a buffet with some bread, cheese, ham, cereal, jam and milk? For that price I would expect a rich breakfast)... But the worst thing was the environment... For a night I was completly alone, didnt see nobody there... not on the living room, not on bathroom, not on corridors, not on breakfast room... Is it because is July? I dont know...

The didn't take card when we checked in. I was told I had to leave my passport as a deposit until I had withdrawn cash. THIS IS ILLEAGAL!! They took my passport and I did not get it back when I checked out. I continued my travel to Hungary when I realised my passport was missing. I called the hostel and asked if they could send it to me, otherwise I could not continue my travel or get home. The told me that they would "try" to send it. So I had to spend 60 euro and a day on a train to get it.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Sweden

It is said that is a student hostel, but it looks like an hostel for 70 years old people. Noise forbidden after 9pm, it looks like a cimetery. Any student there, nothing interrestinf for people of 18-30 years old