Porzellaneum Reviews

Porzellangasse 30, 1090 Wien, Vienna, Austria

I stayed in the Porzellaneum because I attended a conference at the University of Vienna. For this purpose it was perfectly located. Addtionally the hostel is close (within walking distance) to the city center. The staff is great and very helpful. The rooms are very basic and I think my room was (still is) a smoking room. There are toilets to share (man&women together) which aren't always very clean but ok. The shower room for ladies is ok but there are no curtains..

The student halls are conveniently located close to the city centre. However the accomodation is very basic and old. We were told off for using the kitchen on our floor and ended up using the kitchen on the floor above with the students staying over the summer. Most of the staff are lovely and happy to help- we only had a problem with the night staff. If you're looking for a fairly cheap trip don't stay in this area!

CONS = Shower room has no lock in the door and the several (4?) showers are together in a small area with no walls or anything between them so it is like a Gym shower no free wifi PROS = location good price really good 26UR per single private room, simple but not so small and really quite perfect if you only need to sleep there

reception men are perfect. they are very friendly...

• 12th Sep 2013
  • Turkey

Breakfast and WiFi connection NOT included. you have to pay it and it's expansive (1 euro = 1 hour, 5 euro = all day), especially because the actual speed of the connection is a c***. The rooms are not clean (ask the -nice- staff to do it, before enter into the room!), in the shared bathrooms the light are not working, and the shower are not always on the same floor as your room (50% probability). Vienna is expansive, but please, for 25 euro i want at least some basic services and facilities.

• 31st Aug 2013

Good location 5mins walk from subway station and main tram is just out front door. Nothing special, basically an old student dorm. Feels like you're in Eastern Europe. Only internet access in lobby with computer otherwise you have to pay for personal use. But very cheap, so was good for a night, can't complain too much.

I like everything in the hostel. every thing was really good. and i have no words to discrub the staff,because they were soooo polite, helpful and friendly...thank you for everything.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Armenia

really nice and helpful staff! very central: perfect for vienna trip!

Good location and exceptionally helpful staff.

The hostel was very lovely and we particurlaly enjoyed the little garden. The staff was nice, helpful and friendly. The place could use a kitchen even though we had our camping cooker that we could use outside, a proper kitchen would be a definitive advantage. Keep it up guys ! 5 French girls :)

• 7th Aug 2013

This place is more a student's residence than an hostel, good staff, nice and clean rooms and very quiet atmosphere.

Great hostel. Cheap for the conditions you get there. Comfortable beds. Very well located, nice staff and atmosphere. Talked a bit about football with a guy there, nice TV room. Student-friendly. I would definately stay there again. Probably the best value for money relation in Vienna.

The staff where absolutely great with directions and information and couldn't have been more helpful. The only inconvenience where the communal showers but it was hardly an issue.

• 29th Jul 2013

Note these are private rooms - its' student housing opened to visitors in summer. My room had a layer of dirt on the floor and furniture but I borrowed a mop and rag from the cleaning cart, then it was fine. Furniture was old/cheap; whole place felt dingy but definitely sanitary and safe. My room faced the street/tram line (tram runs all night) so very loud - consider asking for a room facing the courtyard. Staff very helpful. Tram runs to city center, subway nearby, grocery nearby.

• 28th Jul 2013

Reading some former reviews of the hostel I was a bit worried but my experience was nothing but pleasant. I booked for a stay in a female dorm for two beds but all the time I was alone which was great. The room had basic facilities, it's a student dorm so all the furniture is old but it was clean and my room was clean when I checked in. The shower room for girls was on my floor, it was never crowded so I was always alone and had no inconveniences, it was cleaner than some hostels that I saw

• 25th Jul 2013
  • Serbia

Hey guys thank you for such a nice stay there, I'll be sure to recommend Porzellaneum to everyone visiting Vienna. Really, really had a great stay :)

• 24th Jul 2013
  • Serbia

After spending 5 nights in Porzellaneum, i can say "what a good experience!" It has everything you need from a perfect hostel: _near the center (9th district, Alsergrund) _constantly clean (bathroom were so clean that you could even eat lunch inside) _good number of services (free common fridge to store beers or food. Complete laundry for 5 euro. Free use of computer) _staff is hearty and ready to help you in every request! special thanks to Philip, Mario and Philipp :)

• 24th Jul 2013

Good location and connection, valuable price. recommend i for low budget trips.

Is a reasonable place to stay, the rooms are basic, would be much better if there was kitchen facilities. The staff were fantastic, super helpful and friendly.

Amazing place to stay for backpackers and young people. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Private/2 person rooms are incredibly cheap, comfortable and clean