Posada San Francisco Reviews

Calle San Francisco 405, In front of Plaza Colon, San Juan, Puerto Rico

My boyfriend and I had a great three night stay here in a private room with a shared bathroom. It's in an excellent location, beautiful views. We were already planning our trip back while we were still there.

• 13th Apr 2014

Great location and right next to the Castillo fort with an amazing view of the ocean along with a great view of the old San Juan district from the beautiful balcony. The rooms are strictly no frills but the showers are fine.

If you do not want to spend all day in the hotel this is the best option in Old San Juan. The views from the balcony are much better than at Sheraton and the rooms are really clean. Definitely recommendable.

They think of everything. They have been doing this a long time and keep a clean, safe place for travelers.

Enjoyed my stay here and the people staying in the hostel were awesome. Great great great location with a balcony overlooking the main hot spots of old san juan.

• 5th Apr 2014

The location was amazing and the balcony/social areas were really nice. There was a great atmosphere at the hostel.

• 5th Apr 2014

Friendly people. Plenty of bathrooms. Best location possible.

• 4th Apr 2014

This place has a great location. I would have ranked it higher, but one of the keyed door locks broke while I was there. Everything seemed very clean but a bit outdated. It could definitely use a slight renovation.

• 4th Apr 2014

Very clean, well located. Decent hang out area. Staff was occasionally rude and unhelpful, and I was locked out of my room and my bed was stripped (though my belongings were still on it) prior to checkout time

• 3rd Apr 2014

I was very tempted to give excellent for everything, but a couple things caught me off guard during my stay. One was the introduction to the hostel I got. Instead of "welcome!" I received an abrupt, "where's your card? where's your id? how did you get up here?" even after I had just spoken to the owner about going up in the elevator and it was only 3pm. Other than this service was fine. Asfor Cleanliness and Facilities,the points got lost because of the bathrooms. Showers should be cleaned more.

• 2nd Apr 2014

Excellent location on Plaza Colon. Great value for OSJ. Spent seven days here in the "super-budget" room at $30 night. Always felt safe as a single woman. Used the common areas to watch TV and cook (once.) Ladies at the front desk were helpful. Got stuck in the elevator once; Used the stairs afterward.

• 2nd Apr 2014

Avery nice hostel located in a perfect area in old san juan. Nice atmosphere and very safe

The a/c was very loud like sleeping next to a washing machine but otherwise good place for sleep and sightseeing.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Japan

Very clean and safe hostel. For the price it is so worth it. Stayed there in the mixed 8 person dorm for $15 a night!

Loved my stay at Posada San Francisco you cant beat the location you are right next to one of the two forts (the best one in my opinion) you have a ton bars and clubs within walking distance. Starbucks Coffee is one block away and the post office is just two.The house keeping staff was excellent the ladies at the check in desk were awesome and very helpful when I had to leave early when I met some people who invited me to go to the El Yunque rain forest and then on to Fajardo. I will be back

WONDERFUL location for a hostel. Makes it so easy to explore Old San Juan at any time you'd like (and trust me, exploring Old San Juan at night was one of the highlights of our trip!) Clean facilities, plenty of bathrooms, and a highly-secured building are all pluses. The not-so-great: Beds were pretty darn uncomfortable (good thing I was exhausted), and our room had no windows =/

Amazing location, one of the prettiest buildings in old San Juan.Our private double was on the guest house floor (6th), was quite clean and felt very private. Many bathrooms, no need to wait in line.Common areas very nice and comfortable.The kitchen on the 5th floor is beautiful and sparkling clean! Cons:Internet only in 5th floor common area.Our room was littered with small dead bugs, no live ones though.Elevator broke down in last two days, had to carry suitcase down the stairs.

Beautiful location, fun atmosphere and clean rooms. Who could ask for more?

• 24th Mar 2014

This place is absolutely delightful. We happened to meet the owner in the elevator who was sweet as can be and was very interested in knowing we were enjoying our stay. The rest of the staff was very friendly as well. It is very basic but you can't beat the price and location. This isn't the place for beach goers but if you're looking for culture, this is it. My first hostel experience and loved the community feel. Don't forget shower shoes & ear plugs (just in case.)

• 20th Mar 2014

This place was amazing! It was right in the middle of Old San Juan! Walking to distance to tons of restaurants and bars and nearby attractions. Security was excellent! All the people at the hostel were wonderful and fun! Literally had the greatest time of my life staying in Puerto Rico here! And i plan to return again soon! Definitely do snorkeling on the Spread Eagle 2 Catamaran and go see the Rainforest! I also heard bio bay and vieques are good too, but a week wasn't long enough to see it all

• 16th Mar 2014