Posada San Francisco Reviews

Calle San Francisco 405, In front of Plaza Colon, San Juan, Puerto Rico

Great location, clean and nice staff.

Great hostel, with a really great atmosphere. The Wifi and the elevator were not an issue during my stay.

• 16th Apr 2015

Very nice place. Would stay there again.

• 13th Apr 2015

My group and I had a truly wonderful stay here! The location can't be beat, with views of the water and city.

Good location, clean room, price a little high but reasonable given the location.

This is my third time staying here and as always it was a very pleasant experience. Everything is clean and ready to go. Amazing value for my money and the location is absolutely perfect . This is my go to location whenever I'm in old san juan.

• 11th Apr 2015

I loved staying here. It was an excellent hostel. The view of the city is amazing, and it's pretty central. The facility was good. Obviously you're not paying for a luxury hotel, so don't expect that. It had everything we needed, with several bathrooms, and a kitchen to cook in. The people were friendly, too. I'd highly recommend La Posada San Francisco, and whenever I come back to Puerto Rico, I will stay here again. Great value.

• 11th Apr 2015

Staff was very helpful with public transportation, must-sees, and general knowledge. Clean bathrooms and kitchen. One of the stoves/oven didn't work well in 5A, but there was another range that functioned fine. Great location if you are planning to do a lot in Old San Juan. If you want to go to New San Juan, it is a 5 minute walk to the bus terminal. We got the standard double room and it was great - personal mini-fridge, AC unit, and large closet.

• 8th Apr 2015

I came here with my 6 year old son and it was AMAZING! Always clean, very quiet, staff was always available, elevator worked most of the time. Its an amazing place to stay I will def be staying there again an again☺

• 7th Apr 2015

Perfect location in Old San Juan, near restaurants, bars and sites. The staff was responsive to emails and helpful with storing luggage. The price was OK, but not true hostel pricing; it worked out to about $32 per person in twin rooms with (clean) baths down the hall. They no longer have 6-person dorms or any dorm option. I would return. There are things they could improve on, like wifi signal, but this is such a good location that I would recommend this place despite a few flaws.

• 5th Apr 2015

The hostel is conveniently located in Plaza Colon in Old San Juan. Three person room was big and had two closets. Sheets/towels were fine when we arrived. Not much of a lively hostel atmosphere when we were there, except for the last night (though things may be different on 4th floor). View from balcony is gorgeous. Nearby CVS has everything you need. Bus terminal is super close. Good but expensive food everywhere in the vicinity. Hostel staff is awesome.

This was by far the best hostel I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. The location. The cleanliness. The value. The view! All perfect!

• 1st Apr 2015

I really like the place, the only think, i dont have like it, it's there are very much noise, party all the night.

• 1st Apr 2015

The "final price" that Hostelworld sends you is not final at all. The property reserve the right to charge "processing fees" wihtout specifying them. When you arrive, the bill turns out to be higher than you expected - and they start telling you some vague stories about Puerto Rican taxes. In reality they recharge you the fee that they have to pay to Hostelworld, which amounts to a dishonest business practice. As for the actual property, deafening noise will meet you and continue all night long.

WE WERE AUDITED LAST YEAR. And gov told us the way we HAVE charge taxes & do our receipts. In the hostel worldweb page it says taxes and fees not included. The 1st confirmation of hostelworld you receive under terms and condition of hostel: it says taxes and fees not included & also the confirmation from hostel w/ house rules sent 1 week prior to arrival says at front desk the taxes will be added to your bill. So this was not Surprise or was omitted though reservation process. You agreed

Great location right off the main square in Old San Juan. Close to restaurants + a bodega that open late selling beer (tourist prices but who cares!). The check in is on the 6th fl of the building (cool murals on the ceiling). Nice common space with balcony overlooking the square. Check in = easy. Room was spartan. Two beds, one mini fridge, and one wooden cross mounted on the wall. My friend slept great but I woke up a bunch, bed wasn't so great for me. Had a great time!

You definitely get what you pay for--the accommodations are modest and simple. The daytime staff were great. My only major complaint is that the water was completely out the first evening we arrived (no sink water or showers) and the showers were cold for the 4 day duration of our visit. Also, Old San Juan is very quiet at night if you stay on nights other than Friday or Saturday--if you're looking for easily accessible nightlife during your stay, Old San Juan is not the place to stay.

• 28th Mar 2015

we adv. as simple place with great location. The water company was fixing pipes in old town an indeed it was off from 10pm to 7am but this was done without notification. A situation totally out of our hands....it was not a problem of the building but of the city. We are full night life in comparison to any other area w/ many bars. if you expect loads of locals well they work during week. I noticed your reviews of other hostels have sour out look on things maybe you should stay in resorts

Excellent spot!! Middle of old San Juan, stay here, enjoy the great view of the bay, go downstairs and grab a beer to go and walk the streets. The night life is the best part so make sure you get a good nap. Bathrooms are clean and the a/c works just fine.

• 28th Mar 2015

Right in the center of Old San Juan with beautiful verandas overlooking Plaza Colón, this is such a great spot. I'd recommend taking advantage of the location to get up early and walk around the old town before the tourist hordes arrive. Rooms were clean and comfortable, but some showers didn't work well. Check out is 11am and they'll hold your bags until 5pm, but they'll let you stay with your own bags in a special lounge area with sofas, a veranda, and a bathroom if you need to stay longer.

Really enjoyed my stay here. The view from the balcony is incredible. It's located in the heart of old San juan, really can't be beat. Rooms basic but nice feels like uou have the entire place to yourself at times. Very highly recommend!

The door downstairs is locked in the evening, and I had to wait for another guest to go in, because nobody on the staff was answering the phone or the ringer, during that time. it was not all that late.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7