Posada San Francisco Reviews

Calle San Francisco 405, In front of Plaza Colon, San Juan, Puerto Rico

I enjoyed my stay, and would stay again. My biggest concern was the with elevator not working and having to carry all my bags up and down 6 flights of stairs. I was happy the elevator did work when I left. The coffee machine was out of cups and I watched my coffee go down the drain, and the vending machine was empty and kept my money. I was reimbursed for that one. :) I love the view and location!

• 7th Feb 2016
  • Couple, 41+

Great stay at great price and in prime location. Don't book if you want luxury.

• 7th Feb 2016

Fantastic location on main plaza in the heart of Old San Juan with awesome views over plaza and cruise ships. The only negative is the smoking ... this hostel is on 4th, 5th and 6th floors, each having small balconies, where people smoke, which affects everybody, as it wafts inside.. it takes one smoker to make this really unpleasant. We asked the hostel to consider asking smokers to smoke in the plaza. They said they've had lots of complaints but aren't going to change. Pity. Ruined our stay.

• 2nd Feb 2016
  • New Zealand

The staff were extremely helpful when I wanted to use their mobile phone, ask questions about directions, and security key. However, the elevator was not working for one day and it was difficult climbing 4 stairs. The refrigerator was packed so I put my canned food into the locker. The location was superior as I was close to the trolley, bus terminal, ferry and all downtown Old San Juan entertainment. Below the hostel was an inexpensive restaurant and a kiosk for food.

As expressed on its website, PSF is not a luxury hotel.You won't find cŕuise ship amenities you here, but you will find a diversity of young and old adventurers from over the globe and from a variety of professions and lifestyles. Staff are personable and helpful.Located on floors 4 through 6, the desk and rooms are accessible by stairs and an old, sometimes nonfunctioning antique elevator, which the managers try hard to keep in repair. If you are unable to climb stairs, don't stay here.

Me and my girlfriend stayed in the basic double room on the 5th floor. We found the hostel to be much better than than expected! Cool and relaxed atmosphere and easygoing staff and guests. Shared facilities were clean. One day there was no water in the toilets and showers, but it got fixed. The elevator got also repaired during our stay, that was cool. Perfect location and amazing view from the balconies. Totally recommended to singles and couples for a nice time in old San Juan

• 31st Jan 2016
  • Norway

The hostel is really nice, clean, and very good location!

• 30th Jan 2016
  • China

Friendly staff, great location, great value. I would highly recommend Posada San Francisco.

This was an amazing hostel located right in the center of Old San Juan. The owners were so accommodating and helpful, answering any question you might have. The guests were warm and friendly, rooms and bathroom were clean and very large. Overall an awesome experience!!

• 29th Jan 2016

The best part of my stay was meeting other travelers in the common areas. It was a bit frustrating the wifi did not work in the rooms, and the water pressure for the showers wasn't great. However, the location and community was the best of any hostel I have stayed. Would happily return and highly recommend to all my friends.

• 28th Jan 2016

We could see the Spanish fort right from our window, and it was a stone's throw from the parking garage and the tourist center. I would recommend this hostel to anyone, we had no problems at all.

• 28th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Wonderful accommodations and staff service! Julia was awesome and VERY helpful!

• 27th Jan 2016

A really good location in Old San Juan and a pretty decent place to stay. You must assume the elevator is not working and be prepared to walk up to the 4th, 5th, or 6th floor depending on where your room is. The hostel is split into 3 floors but there's still a good amount of people hanging around each floor to talk to.

Everyone was great. The staff was very accommodating, nice and friendly! My friend and I enjoyed our time there! Thank you for being honest about things such as the elevator and size of the room. It helps to mentally prepare! A table in the room will help for the ppl on the top bunk so that they don't have to put it on other ppls bed. Otherwise keep it up!

• 24th Jan 2016
  • Jamaica

The location, cleanliness, security, and rooms were all great! The staff however was not very helpful nor accommodating and hard to get ahold of. That being said I would definitely stay at this hostel again. The location is second to none and I the other people staying at the hostel have been consistently amazing!

Some miscommunication between a double bed and double beds, but we made it work. Very nice location and good staff. Very clean building.

• 24th Jan 2016

It was extremely secure which made me feel very safe. The air conditioning is very nice... and the rooms were so clean. I love the set up of this hostel and the beautiful moldings and decor.

• 20th Jan 2016

The owner loves responding to people's negative comments on here. Yes, this hostel is good value in a reasonably pricey city, and yes, it's a good location. BUT the bathrooms seriously need to be renovated! The building is old - but that's no excuse! Money needs to be spent on the bathrooms now before it's too late. They look like something from a derelict building. Not nice. Smelly from the drains too and the shower taps don't always give enough water flow.

Second time staying at this hostel - just as fantastic as the first time! Can't beat the location, or the view!

• 18th Jan 2016

My stay at Pasada was quite pleasant... -Check-in was quick, informative, no nonsense, and professional, thanks to Erin -Hostel room is basic with no frills. However, my advice is to get out and soak up some PR culture :) -Staff member Julia was extremely helpful and patient with all my inquisitive questions which made my stay fantastic!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5