Posada San Francisco

8.7
Fabulous 2525 Total Reviews

• USA, Couple, 41+
27th Mar 2017

My husband and I had never stayed in a hostel before and I must say I definitely recommend this place. Even though I chose the private room with a full size bed and shared bathroom overall it was very clean and the room was super cute and square. The view to the city and ocean is spectacular.The ac was amazing and the other guest did not make any noise or scandal at night. Great experience.

• USA, Female, 31-40
24th Mar 2017

4 gals, got a 5th-floor 6-person private secure bedroom (3 doubles). It's a huge clean room. There was a fridge and microwave in the room, AC cold. Staff were friendly and polite. Good views/breeze from the common terraces back out in the main area. Plenty of common bathrooms. Small lockers, then able to our luggage in their cage after our overnight. The town is walkable but we definitely wore our weak feet out getting from El Morro all the way back over to Plaza del Colon.

18th Mar 2017
5.4

The location is really phenomenal, but it is only one positive thing about this hostel. The stuff was super rude especially one local (big) girl. I lost my key and asked for help to look at the drop boxes. She was extremely annoyed and didn't want to do anything. When I asked her name, she refused to tell me and also refused to tell me how I can find her manager or her/his name. It seems that the day people were generally annoyed with their guests. I got this feeling while checking in

18th Mar 2017

Great vibe. There is a gathering every night that hangs out in the common area and later goes out to the bars. I highly recommend this hostel, especially for solo travellers. It's right in the center of Old San Juan, and there is a balcony overlooking the great architecture. The bathrooms are kinda dirty.

17th Mar 2017

BEAUTIFUL hostel set in the heart of Old San Juan. Very large, clean, great architecture, with a lovely balcony on each floor overlooking the plaza. Super cheap! definitely a best value. A bit of a walk 45min (or short taxi/uber) to Condado beaches, but smack dab in the heart of the downtown nightlife and near the historic castles. Check-in is more or less on guest schedule, which is super convenient for travelers arriving at strange times. Shower on my floor did not really work.

• USA, Female, 41+
14th Mar 2017

People/staff were great. Location is amazing and very safe. Price is good. Bonus: Room had a mini fridge. Room and kitchen was clean. Bathrooms were very dirty and there was NO hot water. Showers were VERY COLD! (Read and understand you are climbing 6 stories to get to the hostel! Elevator is often out of service. The views from the balcony are well worth climbing the stairs for!

• USA, Female, 18-24
13th Mar 2017
6.6

First day I was there, there was no water and they didn't bother to tell us until after we had checked in an paid our nonrefundable payment. On my last day the woman working the front desk said she would call a cab for me for the next morning since I had an early flight and she "knew a guy" but she never called the cab so I had to order an Uber at the last minute. I guess you get what you pay for though. Beautiful location, can't beat that for the money.

• USA, Female, 41+
11th Mar 2017

Had a wonderful experience. Only negative I can think of is the pillows were very flat and not comfortable.

• USA, Female, 18-24
10th Mar 2017

Great place to stay! Staff is super awesome...Especially the front desk guy Jake! Rooms are simple; stayed in a private with a double bed... was just like being home! Direct tv and mini fridge were a major benefit after a long day at the beach lol

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
9th Mar 2017

My favorite parts about this hostel are the gorgeous views from the balconies and the unbeatable location. We watched live music and dancing on Plaza Colon from the balconies on a Friday night. The entire property felt very safe and the building's front gate is locked (key card required) at night. The 5-bunk room was clean, quite cold from AC, and the mini-fridge was a nice addition. Bathrooms and common areas were clean, even if they were a bit shabby from age.