Posada San Francisco Reviews

Calle San Francisco 405, In front of Plaza Colon, San Juan, Puerto Rico

This hostel is a great option if you are on a budget. The location is excellent and there is everything you need within walking distance. The hostel had decent cleanliness and the staff is helpful. They even held my luggage for a couple of hours after I checked out , before my flight. If you need a basic place to stay, this is a good option. I took a bed in the female dorm and it came with sheets and a towel. For about $24 incl. tax.. you can't beat the price.

• 21st May 2015
  • India

They really need a clear sign outside their door and to say "Posada San Francisco" when answering the phone. The girl who did my late check in (flight delayed) was clearly unhappy I woke her up, didn't explain anything about the hostel, and didn't speak either Spanish or English well. I was waiting outside for quite awhile before she let me in. However, the private room I got came with its own fridge, the views from the balcony were great, and the room and bathroom were very clean.

Perfectly clean facilities and really nice staff. Loved the stay!!!

• 17th May 2015
  • Puerto Rico

Posada S.F. has basically the best location I can imagine for seeing Old San Juan.

The Posada was a wonderful place to make a base of operations, and the staff were all friendly and fun.

• 10th May 2015

None of the staff was overly helpful or ever seem enthused that they were working. However, the location was perfect (in the middle of Old San Juan and adjacent to the old forts, next to bars, restaurants etc.). Facilities were clean, a bunch of bathrooms/showers, and in line with most other western hostels cost-wise. I would stay at again.

I travel throughout the world pretty regularly and love to stay in hostels - the atmosphere, the location to downtown and attractions, the value, the simplicity, the helpful and the loving attitude of those working. With that being said, this place definitely suited my style and when I'm in Puerto Rico again, I will stay there again. Only thing that needed help was the attitude of the girl at the front desk - did not seem like she wanted to recommend anything about the city.

• 5th May 2015

The hostel was in a very good location- walking distance to bars and sightseeing. The common area was an easy place to drink/socialize/make friends. I stayed in the dorm which was clean and roomy. My only major complaint was that one of the staff members was very rude: we tried to avoid her for the rest of our trip.

Air conditioner was extremely noisy.

• 2nd May 2015

I really had a great time at Posada San Francisco!! The only problem I had was with the air conditioner. The air conditioner did not cool the room down very good, which meant that it was very hot! I did not tell anyone but I really should have. Also, the water pressure is low in the showers but much better in the bathtubs. I stayed on the 6th floor in a standard double room. The flat screen TV was great and I really enjoyed the cable TV!!! The location was great and the atmosphere was enjoyable.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. The views are tremendous! The location is perfect, plenty of fellow travelers to visit with, lockers to secure your most important stuff, friendly staff. *The one difficulty: The building is not marked as a hostel. I had to pull out my phone and view the online photo to know if I was at the right place. The entrance is unmarked on the side of a cafe. Take the elevator or stairs to the 6th floor and there it is.

Beautiful building and rooms. Great value for the location walking distance to everything. Bathrooms were clean but usually low on supplies rooms were clean and the aircon was great. However, the ladies that were working the front desk were super rude and acted like our on time, regular business hours was something they had to grudging go out of their way to do. Not a very nice welcome but other than that everything was lovely.

• 28th Apr 2015

First time staying at a hostel, and I would most definitely do it again. It was a great experience.

• 27th Apr 2015

Very nice, awesome place to stay and very easy to find as well!

there is nobody after 5pm;there's a note to call them but if you are coming from a other country with no phone you don't have a lot of option ):

• 26th Apr 2015

We really enjoyed our time at Posada SF. The location and the price and unbeatable. Old San Juan has become one of our favourite places in the world and Posada SF had a lot to do with that. Thank you for a great time.

best place to stay in old san juan

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Staff found not very helpful

• 21st Apr 2015

Loved everything, thank you! I only wish reception was available 24/7.

Wonderful place. Location is perfect right in old San Juan. Very clean. Shared kitchen great. Love balconies with ocean breeze overlooking plaza colon.

• 18th Apr 2015