Posada San Francisco Reviews

Calle San Francisco 405, In front of Plaza Colon, San Juan, Puerto Rico

1944 Total Reviews

Suggestion: it would be appreciated I think for the travellers to have a board where the travellers could write their next daytripslans so then others could join them

Location is amazing. I loved being waking distance from everything fun in Old San Juan - it's really the best thing about the hostel. My major issue - and it's very minor - the hostel is on 3 floors - with 5 different common room areas - so it was harder to meet other travelers than is normally the case in a hostel. On the other hand - despite being completely full - the hostel didn't feel at all crowded. Another issue - there seem to be tons of rules posted everywhere.

The hostel has a great location in old San Juan. The staff were very friendly but it is strange that once reception closes at 7pm there are no employees in the hostel. If you get locked out they charge an $80 wake up fee. Just keep in mind if you need assistance after 7pm you're on your own. The hostel was quiet when we were there and it seemed like it might be a bit hard to meet people. The biggest strength of this hostel is location...and the bar on the ground floor!

Excellent welcome by the staff. Nice security system with the keycards. Great location. Bathrooms were a little rough.

Good View,Cozy Room. 位置好,安全有保障,气氛好,很多年轻人,好结伴。住了三晚,唯一的中国脸孔。

• 9th Aug 2015
  • China

The check in hours are a bit weird and no one answers when you call the cell phone provided for late check in's.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

Great way to stay in Viejo San Juan on a budget! Rooms are spare, but clean - we stayed in a private room with a double bed and A/C, which worked perfectly. Common spaces overlook la Plaza de Colon, gorgeous views. Kitchens are well stocked with everything you need to make meals there. It's nice to talk with other travelers to get recommendations on places to see / things to do. Would definitely stay there again!

• 6th Aug 2015

Best place in Puerto Rico

This place was amazing, especially for the price! The best part about Posada is the community feel and the other people you meet there:)

• 1st Aug 2015

I stay here every time I go to Puerto Rico. It has all the basic necessities - a bed, fridge, and wifi so I can work and the rooms, bathrooms, and kitchen are always kept clean. The staff has always been friendly whether I arrive at 3 pm in the afternoon or 11 pm at night.

• 1st Aug 2015

I just such an amazing experience staying at la Posada San Francisco. They're at a great location and very friendly and involved.

• 30th Jul 2015

The location of this hostel is everything you could want. At first we thought that the room might be too small for two people but with all of the shops, bars, resturants, historical sites and beaches within walking distance we were only in the hostel to sleep. I wish there had been another electric socket in the room so that we could both charge our phones. I also ended up purchasing a little sleep mask as there was no way to block the light in the morning. The A/C made it a very comfort temp.

Enjoyed my stay very much! Thank you!

I shared the twin private room, and I might as well have stayed at a hotel. Besides the price, it's hard to tell the difference.

• 28th Jul 2015

We were very happy to stay there, the location is amazing, is walking distance to almost every Old San Juan. The commons areas were a little hot but the room did have AC. I would stay there again and recommended for sure.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

A nice, clean place to stay in a great location - it's a Pousada - NOT a hostel. If traveling by yourself, I don't recommend it, b/c it has no ambience. Most of the employees don't smile or even say hi - they seemed to have the social intelligence of a park bench. I didn't feel very welcome upon arrival. But a few were cool. Used to be a convent & still feels like one. But it is beautiful & clean. Y la mayoría de los recepcionistas NO HABLAN ESPAÑOL! Que loco, estando en PR.

This is the best friendliest hostel I have ever stayed at ( and I have stayed at 100s). Totally comfortable, secure, relaxing It just provided everything . A bubbling swimming pool, dart board, games, snooker table, library. Attractive atmospheric Bar. A local lady comes daily and cooks different delicious meals for guest that are cheap. 3 delightful dogs to play ball. Rooms comfy, Bunks spacious. I can only comment positively regarding this Hostel. Location central near Palaces, museums

The location is excellent, there is a nice kitchen, the dorm had ac, but the only issue was hot water and water pressure.

Very nice staff. We arrived during their lunch hour break, so couldn't check in. But man let us store our luggage in a side room. Room itself was clean although very, very bare bones. Not even a dresser or table to put your stuff on. Just two beds with thin mattresses, linens, and flat pillows. But AC was very strong. And had a fridge in the room. Was able to get into one of the bathrooms at any time. Great location to walk around Old San Juan! Hands down a very basic hostel.

• 26th Jul 2015