Posada San Francisco Reviews

Calle San Francisco 405, In front of Plaza Colon, San Juan, Puerto Rico

I had a great stay, location cannot be beat. Great atmosphere, people, view from balcony, large common areas, and easy to meet people. Highly recommended.

This hostel was everything I wanted...a clean, safe place to crash with a perfect location and friendly staff. Made plenty of friends in the common area and went on many adventures with the friends I met there. They advertise themselves as a basic place to stay in a great part of town and that's exactly what it is, for a ridiculously cheap price. I traveled to PR by myself and couldn't have asked for a better hostel experience, I'll definitely return!

• 4th Dec 2014

This is a fantastic place to stay. Great location, great views, in the heart of the city, Great to sit out on one of the four balconies to eat, relax or read. Internet works well. Bus transportation is easy to get to. Staff are friendly and answer questions. This was our second stay and, if we come to Puerto Rico again, we will certainly stay at Posada San Francisco!! If you want to experience Old San Juan, you couldn't find a better place to stay.

• 2nd Dec 2014

It is what it says, simple yet a good location. Slightly had to find especially with a car.

• 27th Nov 2014

The location is excelent, I want to go back!

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Puerto Rico

You couldn't possibly find a better location for a visit to Old San Juan! We were met by the most cheerful young lady who was super helpful. The facility was bright and clean; quiet and peaceful. Ample restrooms available near our 6th floor room - all sparkling clean. Lovely sitting areas; especially loved the open-air patios to enjoy a nighttime breeze and view of the old city. Only recommendation: Place a sign at the downstairs entrance to let visitors know how to reach the check-in desk.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This is my third visit to Posada San Francisco. The staff is always extremely helpful and kind, the rooms are clean, the balconies on each floor are lovely to sit on, and the location is perfect for exploring Old San Juan.

• 17th Nov 2014

Excellent through and through. I will return.

Everything was super, only the aircondition was not really proper working and was extremly loud

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This was a great hostel, in a wonderful area. It was clean, and very cheap compared to surrounding hotels. And I got my own mini-fridge! (I stayed by myself in a double.) I was there for a conference, but I would say, if I wasn't, I'd be disappointed by the atmosphere. Not a lot of people who seemed to be looking for friends and a night on the town. But, on the other hand, that made it very quiet, which was nice for sleeping. The staff was helpful and friendly. Couldn't ask for a better stay.

The hostel's location is great: close to the beach, restaurants and cafes. The staff is super friendly and helps you get around. You can get beach towels and great advise about where to go for food, how to get to the rainforest and everything else. Great view from the balconies. The rooms are basic but clean and airconditioned.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Poland

It was a pretty hostel in a perfect area. You are in the middle of Old San Juan which will allow you to venture around there or explore toward Condado beach. It will however be necessary to rent a car from the airport if you are looking to do any exploring- its much cheaper that way than paying for taxis. Also would recommend full coverage insurance because there are a lot of potholes in the roads or even some dirt roads. Our stay at Posada San Francisco was positive and decent.

• 10th Nov 2014

They need to upgrade rooms... They are really old and bad it's not comfy at all:-(

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Russia

nice view, clean

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

We really enjoyed being in the heart of Old San Juan. The balcony views were priceless especislly on Sunday evening when we saw a cruise ship leave the port...so exciting once in a lifetime!

• 7th Nov 2014

The hostel is well located, safe and clean. It's not your usual super friendly hostel, everyone kind of kept to themselves while my friend and I were staying there but overall it was nice for a couple of days.

Clean, basic, safe accommodations. Well within walking distance of everything in Old San Juan, friendly staff. I would absolutely stay here again!

• 6th Nov 2014

I had the small private room. It was great with a fridge. The location and view from the hostel is excellent. I recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Nov 2014

I loved this place. I really recommend it. Great location, kind people, great room. The only thing I would suggest is that cash should be accepted when you chek in at night.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Venezuela

This place is great for the budget traveler. All the basics - clean, friendly, safe with a great location. What a find!

• 22nd Oct 2014