Posada San Francisco Reviews

Calle San Francisco 405, In front of Plaza Colon, San Juan, Puerto Rico

Great place.....

• Costa Rica

Our night stayed at Posada San Francisco in Old San Juan was very pleasant, the Hostel is very clean and secure, our bedroom was immaculate and the share bathrooms were always clean and stocked with plenty of cleaning wipes and hand towels. From the balconies in the common areas you have a beautiful view of the cruise ships and Plaza Colon . The owner and front desk staff were helpful and answer our questions politely. Try it when in the area, if looking for no frill, clean place to stay.

• 30th Jun 2015

Amazing location! Amazing price! Traveling as a couple we reserved a private room. These have shared bathrooms, but one was always available. The entire hostel was very clean and the ac unit in the room was a plus! We found the place easily based on the directions listed and checked in at the 6th floor reception area. The view from the balcony was great and the location was in the heart of Old San Juan. If we make if back to OSJ we will stay here again!

• 30th Jun 2015

Simple, cheap and amazing location. Don't expect anything more.

• US Virgin Islands

Perfect for the price!!!!!!!!!!!

• US Virgin Islands

I had a great time in Posada. Greatest staff, Greatest friends and Greatest roommates.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Japan

Great Hostel, central convenient location, love the key card locks to the whole building and rooms, super clean everywhere (smells like Lysol), a great deal for under $50 for basic private! Will be back happily

• 25th Jun 2015

Great value and great location. When staying on any floor you have access to the balconies and lounge areas on all three floors, where you might meet travelers from around the world.

• 23rd Jun 2015

This Hostel was very conveniently located within walking distance to all sights. The staff were very friendly. The bus station was only two blocks away. I enjoyed my stay here.

This place had such an amazing location in Old San Juan, and it had a lot of nice kitchens. If you have a private room on the 5th or 6th floor, just be conscious of the fact that everybody hangs out in kitchen/balcony of the 4th floor.

great bang for the buck

We absolutely needed an early check in since we had just gotten off a nine hour red-eye. The receptionist was rude when she told us that we could not check in early even though there were rooms available. I had never been treated so badly at a hostel and I have traveled through Europe many times. To top it all off, although the room was typical, the sheets had bad feminine stains and we ended up sleeping on the towels in order to not get another bad experience with the receptionist.

• 14th Jun 2015

The night time staff 1am- 8am does not have access to system since they are helpers /travelers. We have many people trying to arrive on red eye flights without reservation and this is why in the confirmation its stated that you need to make a reservation for previos night so you can be expected on the arrival list. If last arrival arrives at 1am then the shift is over and staffs goes to sleep. Our receptionist come from all over the world and stay for a month so personalities can vary.

I really enjoyed my time at posada. I met amazing people from all over the world. The location is great, however it might be hard to find the entrance when you first arrived. The elevator is not the best either. The staff is a hit ot miss. I met a sweet swiss girl who was very helpful. I also met a french girl who is cold and unwelcoming. I know I mentioned some cons, but the pros make me forget about the cons. It has an amazing balcony and hang out area. the dirm room has ac and big.

This hostel has an outstanding location and value AND insane views from the balconies. The rooms are not fancy but extremely clean. We stayed in a private with a double and I was shocked at how comfortable the firm bed was! We had AC, which was a bit weak at first but eventually cooled our room well. The bathrooms are shared, but there are so many bathrooms (at least on the private floor) that we basically had one entirely to ourselves. The front desk girl was polite but not overly friendly.

• 11th Jun 2015

The location is great! Old San Juan is just beautiful, easy to walk and enjoy a great scenery.

I stayed on and off at la posada and over all I am completely satisfied with my stay there. I stayed in the 10 bedroom dorm and had absolutely no problems. It was well worth my 13.50 rate a night. water worked, ac worked, elevator worked, kitchen appliances worked. would go back again, for sure!

• 9th Jun 2015

Like The other reviewers said, the location is phenomenal. Walking distance to anywhere in Old San Juan and biking ditance to Candardo. If you rent a car, parking is pretty difficult. The cheapest lot was Dona Fela which was about $17 a day and parking on the street as always packed. And we didn't have any issues with the staff that other reviewers mentioned.

First time on 6th floor with access to 5th floor kitchen. Primo features and almost inspired me to cook. Love the balconies overlooking the Plaza and Wharf. Only "issue" was no clothes hanging or shelf space in room. Went out and bought my own small shelf for convenience. Room was listed a "Extreme", but had no idea how bare it would be. However, I love the Posada and will reserve again.

• 6th Jun 2015

Couldn't ask for a better location. Like the barebones to keep the cost down

As a first time solo traveler, I was a bit skeptical about staying at a hostel but I felt comfortable at the Posada from the second that I checked in. It is located right in the heart of Old San Juan with an excellent view from the common room balcony. Met a lot of great people here and I am definitely looking forward to coming back.

• 4th Jun 2015