Posada San Francisco Reviews

Calle San Francisco 405, In front of Plaza Colon, San Juan, Puerto Rico

This is my third visit to Posada San Francisco. The staff is always extremely helpful and kind, the rooms are clean, the balconies on each floor are lovely to sit on, and the location is perfect for exploring Old San Juan.

• 17th Nov 2014

This was a great hostel, in a wonderful area. It was clean, and very cheap compared to surrounding hotels. And I got my own mini-fridge! (I stayed by myself in a double.) I was there for a conference, but I would say, if I wasn't, I'd be disappointed by the atmosphere. Not a lot of people who seemed to be looking for friends and a night on the town. But, on the other hand, that made it very quiet, which was nice for sleeping. The staff was helpful and friendly. Couldn't ask for a better stay.

The hostel's location is great: close to the beach, restaurants and cafes. The staff is super friendly and helps you get around. You can get beach towels and great advise about where to go for food, how to get to the rainforest and everything else. Great view from the balconies. The rooms are basic but clean and airconditioned.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Poland

It was a pretty hostel in a perfect area. You are in the middle of Old San Juan which will allow you to venture around there or explore toward Condado beach. It will however be necessary to rent a car from the airport if you are looking to do any exploring- its much cheaper that way than paying for taxis. Also would recommend full coverage insurance because there are a lot of potholes in the roads or even some dirt roads. Our stay at Posada San Francisco was positive and decent.

• 10th Nov 2014

They need to upgrade rooms... They are really old and bad it's not comfy at all:-(

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Russia

nice view, clean

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

We really enjoyed being in the heart of Old San Juan. The balcony views were priceless especislly on Sunday evening when we saw a cruise ship leave the port...so exciting once in a lifetime!

• 7th Nov 2014

The hostel is well located, safe and clean. It's not your usual super friendly hostel, everyone kind of kept to themselves while my friend and I were staying there but overall it was nice for a couple of days.

Clean, basic, safe accommodations. Well within walking distance of everything in Old San Juan, friendly staff. I would absolutely stay here again!

• 6th Nov 2014

I had the small private room. It was great with a fridge. The location and view from the hostel is excellent. I recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Nov 2014

I loved this place. I really recommend it. Great location, kind people, great room. The only thing I would suggest is that cash should be accepted when you chek in at night.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Venezuela

This place is great for the budget traveler. All the basics - clean, friendly, safe with a great location. What a find!

• 22nd Oct 2014

The location is very good, staff friendly and we felt very safe in the premises. We stayed in late October and the room was very warm so we had to keep the AC on at night which was very loud. It is a pity the rooms do not have private bathrooms/showers, but everything is very clean.

• 21st Oct 2014

Only down fall was the wAter pressure was very low so not the best showers. Very old place but they kept it clean and we're working on the upkeep since it was old. Would recommend it to anyone staying in the area. It is right there is old town so worked out great. A little sign out front would help to find the place though.

Air Conditioners very noisy Hooks would be nice in the bathroom to hang cloths and towels while taking a shower

• 21st Oct 2014

We have stayed here on two different trips now and love this place! Friendly staff, comfy a/c'd rooms, and the deluxe private has a tv. Wowoweewah! But the real kicker is the location, right on the plaza in old SJ. It's a bit of a jaunt up the stairs but the view is totally worth it. Awesome spot!

• 21st Oct 2014

There is some renovation work being done in the building, it didn't bother us during our stay at all. Most everything was as expected. Unfortunately, it looked like maybe our room hadn't been used/serviced in a while and the bed comforter and our pillows were covered in (mostly) dead ants and bugs. Shook them off and went on with life.

• 16th Oct 2014

This was my second stay this year. I very much appreciate the affordability, cleanliness, and friendliness and helpfulness of the staff (they helped me figure out the bus route to the airport when Google Maps utterly failed). Oh, and the AC in the bedrooms is tremendous.

Really well located easily accessible hostel!!! Had a great stay!!! A great jumping place :)

• 10th Oct 2014

It has an excellent location in Old San Juan. That is really the only thing it has going for it. There are no lockers in the rooms for your backpacks. The only lockers available are tiny little ones in the kitchen that you can't fit much in (bigger laptops would probably not fit). Given that there are not many choices for hostels the place is fine. The hostel is very outdated. No amount of cleaning will ever make it look clean due to how old the place is. The beds were comfy and nicely made.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5