Posada San Francisco Reviews

Calle San Francisco 405, In front of Plaza Colon, San Juan, Puerto Rico

I cancelled my reservation because the room is in 4th floor but its elevator was broken. the location is super for sightseeing in old San Juan and you can meet lots of tourists and lots of choice to eat. Its washer and dryer are not working.

My stay was during de Calle San Sebastian Festival, the staff was great ! willing to help you in any way possible, the room, clean, not fancy but it had all you need, good bed nice pillows, clean bathrooms good towels, I will making reservations for next year same time, The only thing is to please fix the elevator, is hard to walk up 5 floors after full days work at the SanSe, other than that a perfect place to stay at a good price, with a great location in the Old City of San Juan.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Best hostel I have ever had. If it is 100 points, any other hostels should get only 50 points.

Nice, clean and quiet. If that's what you're looking for, this is the place.

• 8th Jan 2015

My stay here was pleasant. I made a day trip with my little one to old San Juan for two days and this location was perfect. The only real problem I had was trying to get inside upon arrival. There's a gate that you need your key to open but of course I didn't have one just yet. I called about 5 times with no answer, pressed all the buttons I could to get in touch with someone. After wasting 30 mins finally someone was coming out and I made it inside.

• 6th Jan 2015

I stayed here with 2 friends. We're in our last year of undergrad. It was clean and comfortable, and not very private (but hopefully you're prepared for that if you're staying in a hostel). Like living in a dorm. But less noisy. There were lots of times that we met fun, interesting people in the common room or kitchen to play games or find drinking or dance partners. Many young people, but not exclusively so. Wonderful stay. Especially for the price.

• 5th Jan 2015

good clean place. single rooms a little to spartan. great location. they need to have earlier opening hours do to red eye flights into san juan

• 4th Jan 2015

Solid place to stay in OSJ due to the location and price. We stayed in a basic double room with a comfy bed, closet, fridge, and a/c for about $80/nt. The bathrooms are clean and common areas well furnished. Parking was found on the streets nearby so look before you pay to park. Friendly staff and well run operation. My only complaints are that their washing machine was broken and we needed to do a quick load of laundry and the showers were hit or miss with water pressure.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Located at the heart of old San Juan. Close to the bus station and tourist attractions.

For the amount charged per night, the hostel was great. Staff was very friendly and the location was perfect.

• 1st Jan 2015

Beautiful old building right in Old San Juan. We stayed in a double room, which was spacious, had a/c, fridge, microwave, a table and two chairs, and a bench. The public areas were excellent, with sitting areas, nice kitchen and dining, and fantastic balcony views. We were very happy we chose to stay here!

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Staff was friendly

• 30th Dec 2014

The Posada San Francisco is a very nice hostel with a relaxed atmosphere, good vibes and incredible views over Old San Juan. I met many interesting people there and on New Years Eve the Landlady started the evening with a Pizza party, which was really a great kick-off for the night!

Best location, best deal, fun city and best hostel around period.

• 29th Dec 2014

Great location in old San Juan. Staff was nice and helpful by letting us in when we arrived after hours. Nice tvs in the rooms. The floor of our room was filthy and I didn't feel comfortable having my shoes off in our room. Hot water in the shower was hit or miss. All in all ok for a "backpacker hotel."

• 28th Dec 2014

The wifi in the hostel is limited to the common areas but they were easily accessible. The location is unbeatable. I would recommend not having a car if you plan to not leave the city because parking can be rediculous. The bathrooms were kind of gross and the room very minimal, clean-ish. Did not feel dirty. Door was a little wobbly, felt that if someone wanted to push it in, they could but didn't worry bc there were cameras in the hostel & we were the only ones with the electronic keycard.

• 28th Dec 2014

Thought that it was all that we needed! No frills but it was in a great location and had a beautiful balcony overlooking Old San Juan and the water! Would definitely stay here again!

• 26th Dec 2014

Very old, super Noisy air conditioner, the laundry machine is not working, shower is really bad-very common the water is shut off during your shower, No changing bed sheet.

• 25th Dec 2014

View from balcony onto Plaza colon is truly wonderful. Also, a large kitchen with two stoves was great.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Excellent hostel! Love the fact it has two separate kitchens. Posada San Francisco is one of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in. Bonus: they provide nice, fluffy towels! And kudos to the family for providing a lovely Christmas eve dinner for all the hostel guests. Highly recommended.

• 21st Dec 2014