Posada San Francisco Reviews

Calle San Francisco 405, In front of Plaza Colon, San Juan, Puerto Rico

If your young and can climb six flights of stairs your entire stay.. this is the place for you. The elevator was out of order my entire stay..The office is on the sixth floor. However, the location is great for touring Old San Juan.. You share bathrooms but they are really clean.. staff is great and the room is adequate. .Be aware you will be charges extra taxes not a quoted in your reservation costs. If your looking for frills this is not the place. . Bare minimum. .But OK for the price.

• 27th Feb 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here! The staff was very kind and helpful. My friend and I stayed in a private room on the sixth floor. The view and location were spectacular, and the rooms were nice and quite. The kitchen facilities were great and had all the pots, pans, dishes, and utensils that we needed. And everything- bathrooms, kitchen, and bedrooms- were nice and clean. My only complaint was that it was difficult to find from the street. A sign out front would be helpful. Had a great time!

• 25th Feb 2015

The hostel is in a very convenient location in old San Juan. The pillows are very comfortable and the place is clean. The balcony has a beautiful view of the city!

The location was excellent. It overlooks plaza colon and is very close to a lot of great sights, restaurants and cafes in Old San Juan. The view from the balconies is great. The hostel was also very secure. You needed a card to access the building at night, access each floor, and each room. I am happy with basic accommodation that is clean, however, I did not find it very clean. There was also no hot water. For these two reasons I did not find this hostel a good value.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Wonderful historic building at the entrance to Old San Juan. Spectacular terrace off the common room. The family room was spacious and the beds excellent (firm, clean, fresh) but the room was unnecessarily spartan - bedside tables and a reading lamp would have made a difference. The only complaint was the air conditioner was v.noisy and the windows didn't open to allow the fresh sea breeze to cool the room. Windows that open would be very appreciated. On the whole, a wonderful experience.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Great stay--can't wait until my next visit to San Juan. The hostel was in the perfect location in Old San Juan--easy to get to in a taxi from the airport, 2 blocks from a Starbucks and obviously within walking distance to everything. While the initial impression is that the facility is old (which gives it great charm), it was very clean and comfortable. Super secure--felt safe the whole time. Will recommend this to everyone and will definately stay here again!

• 21st Feb 2015

I really enjoyed staying at the Posada. Staff were friendly and helpful. Very quiet, despite being full. View of old San Juan was gorgeous! I would definitely book here again.

• 21st Feb 2015

Great location! friendly staff!

• 18th Feb 2015

I had a great time at Pasado San Fransico it's right in the middle of old San Juan lots of great places within walking distance and met many cool people there

• 17th Feb 2015

I was a solo traveler and the place is an absolutely perfect place to stay in Old San Juan! The location is near everything with in walking distance. It was clean, friendly, and safe.

Great location in Old San Juan. Great views from the terraces. Good kitchen facilities, very clean and pretty well equipped. Definitely would go back again.

Friendly and helpful staff.

We were surprised to find that the room was interior, with no windows, but with a transom over the door that cast light into the room all night making it difficult to sleep. Apart from that, the location is wonderfully convenient and the views from the shared balcony over Old San Juan very beautiful.

• Couple, 41+

We had a great stay at the posada!! My only complaint is that the elevator was broken so with kids and suitcases it was a pain to carry it all to the 6th floor. The view was really nice though! It was very nice and convenient to have the private room option for families. Location was perfect!! We would definitely come back!!

• 14th Feb 2015

This was by far one of my most positive hostel experiences ever. You are in the heart of San Juan, which in my opinion is the best place to be if you are trying to get vacation + culture. We were able to affordably enjoy an entire week at Posada San Francisco using the community Kitchen (kept pleasantly clean) & enjoying wine on one of the many beautiful terraces over looking the square. You are easily able to walk or catch a bus to anywhere you would like. Stay here!

• 14th Feb 2015

I love it. its very comfortable hostel. I will go again.

• 13th Feb 2015

I had a private room. Perfect for me. Small, basic, but clean and great location. The balcony from the main area is awesome. Taxi stands, music, restaurants, and all transport around old san juan are right there.

Best place in old san juan. great location, extremely affordable, better than most hotels. My third stay this past go around and still not disappointed.

• 12th Feb 2015

This hostel isan awesome value.

• 11th Feb 2015

Posada San Francisco is a clean place to lay your head and in a good location within the city but not much else. The common areas are very separate from the rooms which each have a card key security door. The room I stayed in only had a very small window that was too high to see anything out of. There was a miscommunication with my booking and I came back from a long day to find out my bed was reserved and they were full. Ended up at BASE hostel and was much happier there!

• 10th Feb 2015