Posada San Francisco Reviews

Calle San Francisco 405, In front of Plaza Colon, San Juan, Puerto Rico

How can some previous reviews say this place is hard to find when the hostel is right behind Plaza Colón and adjacent to Castillo de San Cristóbal? You are paying a really good price to live right inside Old San Juan, which I think is convenient. Travelers hang out in the cozy balcony overlooking the cruise and Plaza Colón. The only thing can be improved is that the bathrooms look a little bit old but they are undergoing renovations. May take bus 40 then 53 from airport. Highly recommended!

Small blood stain on the linens, towels a little dirty.

• 3rd Sep 2014

The hostels is cute and its situation is perfect to see Old San Juan. If you want some good party it is better to stay in Miramarn or the taxi ride is gonna be expensive. I recommend to stay there 2/3 nights and look for another hostel. The hostel rents bicycles (9am-5pm) which is nice...but if you check out on the same day you can't rent a bike even if you leave your bag in the luggage room until 5pm...doesn't make sense. So the service is not very flexible and staff could be a bit nicer.

Old San Juan is full of night life Restaurants & Bars to visit. In difference of Miramar where you party inside hostel because there is no place to go out and are stuck in the hostel drinking and partying. In Posada San Francisco groups get together and go out to dance and places outside hostel....so if you arrive late and stay one night you wont get experience the good times! The bikes dont have night gear so we need to have them back before 5pm. But at least we have the bike rental!

Overall, a great place to stay! Was very pleased and enjoyed my time in Old San Juan. Thank you! Only suggestion would be to add lockers in the room :)

This was my second stay at Posada San Francisco. Both times I stayed in the 4-bed female dorm. The accommodations were great. The only complaint would be the very loud air conditioner and inability to open a window for fresh air. Besides this, I was very happy staying at PSF. The location sits in the middle of Old San Juan and is accessible to everything. It was absolutely delightful.

• 24th Aug 2014

Just returned from an 8 day stay at Posada, and I couldn't have been happier. The room was perfect, the location was out of this world, and they even had no problem with me coming in at 11pm. I can't say enough about how good the location is. All of the excursions we had scheduled picked us up right in front of the hostel. We were next door to bars, cafes, nightlife, the Plaza de Colon for live performances, the forts, and 10 minute walk to an awesome beach for snorkeling. A++++ Will stay again!

• 23rd Aug 2014

staff was friendly and accommodating. my room was clean and for the price very much worth it.

• 21st Aug 2014

It was an average experience with an excellent LOCATION.Not offering to take out the trash in the rooms and charging extra $for towels when guests are staying for many days is a joke. Advice: clean the bathrooms more often, I saw the maid maybe once a day. Encourage guests to hang out and get to know each other. Schedule daily events that everybody can do and front desk needs to be more helpful, they offered no advice and knew nothing about the city. You're in business because of your location

• 21st Aug 2014

For the price acknowledge LOCATION is what is being paid. We do NOT charge extra for towels. Room cleaning is $15( new linens towels trash & mopped). Most guest prefer to have lower price be self served. You stayed 4 nights arrived late and left early( not a long stay)$28 a night. We tried the events but didnt work.. organically is better with the energy of guest. We are indeed business because of location and inexpensive. There is Sheraton across for those who prefer that.

This was the hostel that made us finally decide that we won't use hostels anymore. We have stayed at many hostels and they have ranged from very good to poor. This was on the 6th floor, the elevator didn't work half the time, the after-hours was inconvenient, the parking was far away, and the placed looked run-down and old.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Fantastic

• 17th Aug 2014

Stunning views from balcony. Very quiet and clean. We were not looking for frills and that is exactly what we got. We stayed with our 2 young daughters and all went well.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Puerto Rico

Great pick for Old San Juan. Worth the money.

• 15th Aug 2014

Very good staff. Nice kitchen. Cleanly for a hostel. Fantastic location and great value for the price

• 14th Aug 2014

Beautiful hostel in a great location. Particularly love the murals on the ground floor. The elevator has lots of personality. Will certainly stay again. Enjoy!

• 9th Aug 2014

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in - the best position in the old town with an amazing view from the balcony, very safe and very clean place. Loved stayig there! I will definitely be back!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Croatia

A fantastically located and super clean hostel right in the heart of Old San Juan. We were staying in a private room of level 5, and I have to say that the kitchen there was the cleanest hostel kitchen I have ever seen in all my travels - very impressive! It was very quiet during our stay, except for the aircon in our room which was nothing a pair of earplugs couldn't handle, and was fantastic value for money. All in all, a completely positive experience.

I just loved the view from the balconies. Definitely would come here again!

Awesome hostel! I love the set up of each floor with common areas to meet people and hang out.

• 5th Aug 2014

We all enjoyed our stay at Posada San Francisco. Good location if you want to enjoy Old San Juan.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

Hostel has an excellent location Water pressure was not very good and sometimes there was not hot water. It was clean and safe.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6