Posada San Francisco Reviews

Calle San Francisco 405, In front of Plaza Colon, San Juan, Puerto Rico

Based on the comparison one might argue the cleanliness of this hostel - in European standards it would be "poor", but in comparison to American hostels it is actually good. I felt comfortable, also in the bathrooms. So if you don't expect hotel quality, you'll be good! Location is fantastic. Many couples are staying here, so you won't have much partying in the house, but good pubs are in walking distance

• 16th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The room had a mini-fridge! There were lots of bathrooms, and there was a kitchen stocked with cooking utensils! The location was excellent, right in the middle of Old San Juan.

The room itself was a horrific nunnery of a place. The walls were virgin white, the bed was unconfortably hard and the only decoration was an ancient, warped crucifix that hung right above our bed. Alas, not much of a romantic getaway. However, the common areas were well kept and it was a great place to meet new people. Also the balconies were amazing to relax and sip sangria from. We would recommend but for a max of 2-3 days. (We were there for 5.)

• 15th Mar 2015

We stayed in a double bed private room. Really enjoyed the location- right in the heart of downtown Old San Juan and just a minute's walk to Castillo San Cristóbal. Value was fair, staff was friendly enough. Very clean and plenty of bathrooms. Could be a bit of a hike to get to the rooms on the 5th and 6th floors if the elevator isn't working, which they said happens quite frequently. Overall a nice stay.

• 15th Mar 2015

Fantastic hostel in the center of Old San Juan! My expectations were exceeded by Posada San Francisco. Clean, ample rooms with air conditioning, spacious common areas to chill at, insane balconies and very friendly staff. Secure lugagge storage too!

Honestly, the location of this hostel was beyond fantastic. Right in Old San Juan next to Plaza Colon and quick access to everything! Beautiful view from top balcony in common area. We had a private room, so everything was secure. The elevator is a little creepy, but so much fun to ride :). My only complaint (if I have to have one) is that I wish the staff at the front desk were more familiar with Puerto Rico. But if you're doing your own research, which I did, it's not an issue at all.

• 12th Mar 2015

My stay was better than I expected, my room was clean and so were the bathrooms not water enough on the showers so it takes longer to get it done. It is also a long way up to find the front desk and it is kind of confusing to find the hostel from the outside but they gave me good references on the booking up email. The location is EXCELLENT you can go anywhere in Old San Juan from there it is just a good and convenient place to stay.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

I've stayed here three times, twice in dorms and once in a private room, and it's the best place to stay in San Juan IMO. Only downsides are the showers kinda suck, the elevator does not inspire confidence, and amenities are pretty limited (though at $60 a night in Old San Juan, you shouldn't be expecting much). But the location for the price is unbeatable, it's very clean, and the common areas (especially the balconies) are awesome. Highly recommended.

That was absolutely the best hostel we stayed in during our trip in Puerto Rico

• 8th Mar 2015

We appreciated having a place right in Old San Juan and close to the airport on the first and last days of our time in Puerto Rico. The staff were wonderful! Floors could be cleaner.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The hostel was a wonderful first night where we met some new friends and enjoyed Old San Juan.

• 2nd Mar 2015

During my time at PSF, I met so many great people. The staff, location, and visitors make this the ultimate place to stay if you want to meet other travelers, save some money, or have the best location imaginable in Old San Juan. If this was an E-Bay review I would rate PSF as AAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Puerto Rico

I Would deffinitely come back!

• 1st Mar 2015

If your young and can climb six flights of stairs your entire stay.. this is the place for you. The elevator was out of order my entire stay..The office is on the sixth floor. However, the location is great for touring Old San Juan.. You share bathrooms but they are really clean.. staff is great and the room is adequate. .Be aware you will be charges extra taxes not a quoted in your reservation costs. If your looking for frills this is not the place. . Bare minimum. .But OK for the price.

• 27th Feb 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here! The staff was very kind and helpful. My friend and I stayed in a private room on the sixth floor. The view and location were spectacular, and the rooms were nice and quite. The kitchen facilities were great and had all the pots, pans, dishes, and utensils that we needed. And everything- bathrooms, kitchen, and bedrooms- were nice and clean. My only complaint was that it was difficult to find from the street. A sign out front would be helpful. Had a great time!

• 25th Feb 2015

The hostel is in a very convenient location in old San Juan. The pillows are very comfortable and the place is clean. The balcony has a beautiful view of the city!

The location was excellent. It overlooks plaza colon and is very close to a lot of great sights, restaurants and cafes in Old San Juan. The view from the balconies is great. The hostel was also very secure. You needed a card to access the building at night, access each floor, and each room. I am happy with basic accommodation that is clean, however, I did not find it very clean. There was also no hot water. For these two reasons I did not find this hostel a good value.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Wonderful historic building at the entrance to Old San Juan. Spectacular terrace off the common room. The family room was spacious and the beds excellent (firm, clean, fresh) but the room was unnecessarily spartan - bedside tables and a reading lamp would have made a difference. The only complaint was the air conditioner was v.noisy and the windows didn't open to allow the fresh sea breeze to cool the room. Windows that open would be very appreciated. On the whole, a wonderful experience.

• 22nd Feb 2015

I arrived at 11 PM on Saturday and was well assisted and welcomed although it was late. I really appreciated it

• 21st Feb 2015

Great stay--can't wait until my next visit to San Juan. The hostel was in the perfect location in Old San Juan--easy to get to in a taxi from the airport, 2 blocks from a Starbucks and obviously within walking distance to everything. While the initial impression is that the facility is old (which gives it great charm), it was very clean and comfortable. Super secure--felt safe the whole time. Will recommend this to everyone and will definately stay here again!

• 21st Feb 2015