Posada del Maple Reviews

Juan Rodriguez E8/49, Quito, Ecuador

Myself & a friend stayed here on 2 x separate occasions for a couple of days last month. The Staff were all really helpful & friendly. The location was great - only a 2 min walk to La Mariscal. The rooms were basic but clean & the beds were comfy. The breakfast was really good & lots of it - cereal, scrambled eggs, toast, bread, juice, tea, coffee & hot chocolate. The only negative point is the taxi driver they recommend is not reliable at all & let us down twice from the airport. I would not us

• 12th Sep 2014

I didn't like Quito. La Mariscal is the touristy district of Quito. It is dangerous, tacky and expensive. Sure it has the bars and nightclubs but why would you go to Quito to go out? I don't know La Mariscal exists. I suggest staying in the Old Town of Quito which is a lot nicer. The hostel has decent communal areas, the rooms are alright, and the bathrooms are a bit dingy but manageable. Best thing about the hostel is the breakfast, which was great. Overall, an average place to stay.

I had a terrible experience at this hostel. The woman refused to uphold my reservation from hostelworld and took my money without giving me change. She charged me 6 times what hostelworld said that I owed and would not give me my money back after I told her that there was a mistake. DO NOT STAY HERE! Or you might be charged however much money you bring to the counter! I guess its true that no one likes to give change.

Good place where to stay. Great staff and location.

Great place. Made it my base. Beds very comfortable.