Posada los Mapaches

• Carretera Federal cancun Chetumal, Frente entrada de las Ruinas Tulum, Tulum, Mexico

9.3
Superb 669 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 669 Total Reviews
Posada los Mapaches Located at Carretera Federal cancun Chetumal, Frente entrada de las Ruinas Tulum, Tulum.
Mexico
Tulum 77780 Carretera Federal cancun Chetumal, Frente entrada de las Ruinas Tulum
93% 669
20.2189119 -87.4393916
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
17th Jul 2016

This place was great ! I was looking for rustic, clean and quiet. Chelo the owner was also very helpful and provided me with a lot of guidance about where to go and what to do. Having a free bike to use was probably the best part !! I was able to go everywhere...close and far. I spent a great deal of time on the beach front restaurants which was definitely worth the longer ride!

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
12th Jul 2016
8.0

This hostel has a very homely feel- the staff are friendly and lovely people. The breakfast is delicious and what is served changes daily. The treehouse accommodation is very picturesque. We made us of the bikes provided to see nearby sights including- ruins, beaches, cenotes. Collectivo was very convenient to get to sights further away- turtles, other centos and restaurants near Tulum beach resorts.

• Hungary, Couple, 18-24
9th Jul 2016

The owner was really amazing and helpful, the breakfast is a lot and very good and the place itself has a wonderful athmosphere. I definitely recommend it!

15th Jun 2016

My wife and I just stayed here for 7 nights and absolutely loved our experience!! We've been traveling for two full years in short term rentals now and this was possibly our favorite place we have stayed. Chelo and her sons make you feel like family, the breakfast is incredible, the rooms are spaciois, comfortable an clean. The location is perfect, 10 min bike ride to the ruins, beach and town but also quiet and relaxed in the jungle. I can't wait to come back. Muchas gracias Chelo!!

• England, Male, 18-24
15th Jun 2016

Wonderful host who serves an awesome breakfast consisting of fresh fruit, cake and yoghurt. Followed by a different hot dish everyday, which was delicious both mornings we stayed. Bikes were free along with necessary safety equipment. Snorkels can be rented for 100 pesos. The hostel area was very nice, tidy and was enclosed within secure walls for security reasons. Would recommend

• USA, All Female Group, 31-40
21st May 2016

I stayed here for three nights and, overall, really enjoyed our stay! Chelo is a very sweet and helpful lady that made our stay extra special. I loved the breakfast (so much fresh fruit and delicious food!), the bikes that were free to use to get around, proximity to the ruins, the sweet couple of dogs and cats they had, and the cool feeling like you're staying in a treehouse. Our rooms and beds were comfortable with a fan for each bed. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.

28th Apr 2016

I'd def stay here again. Chelo and her sons are amazing and so welcoming. Also very knowledgable about the area. Her property is so beautiful and relaxing. It's a chill and cozy place and the people that stay here are very friendly. Her dog Wendy is also very warm. Close to the ruins, beach and central city area. Bike is included for rental as well as her lovely breakfast. No AC, but has fans. She rents out a snorkel and goggles separately. I love this place!

28th Apr 2016

We stayed for 4 nights in this relaxing and friendly hostel. The owner of the hostel is a lovely woman who cooks an amazing breakfast each morning and provides tips on how to get the most out of your visit to Tulum. Location is close to the entrance to the ruins, the beach, and a quick bike ride from the town's center (bike rental is included in the price!). Highly recommend staying here!

• England, Male, 41+
27th Apr 2016
6.0

The owner cancelled two weeks before I was due to arrive, and didn't return my deposit.

17th Apr 2016

Host is incredibly lovely, and the place feels like a proper Tulum escape!!! The breakfast was huge and delicious. It's also very convenient that a bike is included with the stay, made it very easy to get around. I would definitely return to this hostel.