Posada los Mapaches Reviews

Carretera Federal cancun Chetumal, Frente entrada de las Ruinas Tulum, Tulum, Mexico

Chelo was very accommodating and welcoming to my boyfriend and I. The complimentary breakfast was so so delicious and very filling! The rooms had a very rustic feel to them which was perfect for us. The atmosphere was beautiful! The bathrooms and rooms were very clean. If we ever come back to tulum we will be sure to stay with Chelo and her sons!

• 12th Apr 2014

It was a delight to stay here! Chelo and her son Daniel were very friendly, the homemade breakfast in the morning was delicious, and advice about getting around town with the (included!) bikes was very helpful.

Very nice place to stay on. Chello (the women who own the place) are so amazing. I loved that place!

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

muchas gracia para todo!!!!

Host was very welcoming ... Best Breakfast we had while travelling! Tree houses were awesome but can be prone to insects and reptiles!! Great use of bicycles to get around as part of our package - and use of night lights and hi-vis jackets for night cycling. Close to the mayan ruins and the beach, perfect location with a 2km cycle to the town for places to eat and drink.

Echo what others have said, über friendly hosts that make you feel part of their extended family, and breakfast is brill. Bit out of the way, but perhaps better for it. Bike is thrown in, and you'll need one to reach the beach wherever you stay (unless you stay in one of the beach front cabanas). Light sleepers may find the traffic from the highway unbearable. WiFi tends not to extend beyond communal areas. But, a v. pleasant stay in Tulum, which has everything going for it.

Having our bags sprayed with chemical insecticide when we arrived was an unpleasant surprise. Other than that it was great.

Chelo and her sons were amazing, very friendly and helpful! We only had one night/day in tulum and they helped us plan our day so we could fit the most in! Would definitely recommend the place for couples and backpackers. Hope to get back and see them again one day

• 18th Feb 2014

Absolutely WONDERFUL place run by a wonderful owner! She was so very helpful on all the things one can do in and around Tulum (much more info than Lonely Planet has to offer!!). Bikes and locks are included as well as very rich and delicious breakfast! The shared bathrooms we used were very clean, the rooms were greatly equipped. The only minus is the location right next to the highway that somewhat takes away the jungle-feeling created by this beautiful place.

The hostel is situated near the turn to Tulum ruins. It's better to use free bycicle for cycling to the beaches.

Top breakfast (probably the best you will eat on the road) Nice & clean Bungalows. Mama is just A great Person and Takes Care of you a Lot. Free Bikes make the Ride into town a smooth run. The Location is Great due to the facto that all Attractions (Dos Ojos, Ruins, Great Cenote etc.) are closer to the Guesthouse than to the City. Good People Run this place - both sons Are very Chiled and Love their work.

The cooking, the owners, the hospitality...amazing!! I was "Mi Corazon", and "Mi Amor" from the get go; exactly what I had hoped for in my first Mayan Riviera experience. Chelo and her boys are angels, and I highly recommend the experience! I'm still missing the hostel, days later.

• 8th Jan 2014

Chello and her sons are just wonderful, my girlfriend and I loved it there. The guesthouse/hostel is really cute, what makes the place is Chello she is just wonderful

This is a great hostel/B&B. I have stayed here with a friend 3 years ago, and loved it so much I stayed here again with my boyfriend when we visited Tulum. Chelo and her family are the most lovely hosts and the breakfast is fantastic. Best location with respect to the beach, and an easy bike ride into town!

• 4th Jan 2014

Chelo is really nice! and her 2 sons too. They rent bicycle for free during your stay, and also rent scuba. Breakfast are just amazing. The hostel is situated on the side of the big road, so it's a bit noisy but at the end it does not bother you at all. It's really infront of the entrance to the ruins, so that's perfect to go visiting them early in the morning. In bycicle you need 10 minutes to go to the center of Tulum where there are the restaurants and ADO. It's a really cool place to stay.

Large rooms, very rustic hostel in the jungle. Close to the highway so bring ear plugs to sleep as the trucks etc can be noisy. It was raining when we stayed here so there were a lot of mosquitos. Bring insect repellant. Close to the ruins and beach and about 2km out of the town. Toilets and shower block are unisex and only shower curtains are used so not much privacy. On the plus side the sons are lovely and the cooked breakfast is just amazing. If you like the outdoors stay here.

Wonderful and homey place to stay in lovely tulum. Chelo and her sons are delightful and made us feel right at home. Great breakfast prepared fresh with love, awesome location near the beach and ruins, perfect for beating the rush first thing in the morning Rooms can be noisy because they are open construction and property is next to busy road. Bring ear plugs if you want to sleep. Also showers are communal with just a curtain, so could be uncomfortable for females overall highly recommended!

As soon as you arrive there are lots of rules to follow here! If you want a relaxing welcome I would recommend staying somewhere else! Lovely people but I'd say too strict and feels like you are staying with a strict Aunt! Just over the road from the ruins so ideal for an early morning visit to miss the crowds, although other places in Tulum aren't more than a 20 minute ride away! They have huge breakfasts for free though, so that's a nice plus.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and were looked after very well. Real family atmosphere in the Hostel and they were very attentive to any needs that we had. The bikes were great to have use of and we enjoyed cycling into town at night.Thanks for all you did.

• 28th Oct 2013

My boyfriend and I had the best stay at this hostel. Chelo and her sons we all so lovely, friendly and nothing was too hard for them - Chelo even gave my boyfriend a haircut! The breakfasts were delicious and it was extremely handy that we were given a bike to use during our stay. We felt very sad leaving at the end of our stay and look forward to going back there sometime soon hopefully. Thanks again for everything Chelo, Jokin and Daniel

View all Tulum Bed and Breakfasts