Posada los Mapaches Reviews

Carretera Federal cancun Chetumal, Frente entrada de las Ruinas Tulum, Tulum, Mexico

A stay at Posada los Mapaches is like staying with grandma. Chelo greets you at the door with a hug, welcoming you to her family's home where she lives with her two sons, who help.Gil, an nice elderly man, keeps the grounds beautiful. While the hostel IS on a busy road, it is central to the three main spots to visit in Tulum - the ruins, the beach, and downtown -which you can get to easily with the free provided bicycles. Her cooking each morning is far superior to most hostels, made with love.

Absolutely wonderful!! Chelo was the sweetest host and gave the best instructions for tourist activities around. Everything is family run and always clean. Breakfast is homemade, different everyday, and always delicious. Free bikes, water, kitchen, towels. Two cats and a dog that are simply adorable and love attention.

If you like good breakfasts, good people, and animals, then stay here. If you don't, skip so someone else can enjoy :) I felt very at home and looked forward every day to see what I would be served for my 2 course breakfast. The showers were always hot and someone always seemed to be around tidying up. The woman who runs this place is the sweetest and truly wants you to be comfortable and enjoy your stay. Also, this is not a party place but def a good place to chill out and relax!

The glowing reviews don't lie! Chelo is truly one of the sweetest women on earth. She's got strict rules, but her place is clean and safe. She starts by spraying the outside of your bags, locking your passports in her safe, picking out your bike, then gives you the lay of the land and her personal recommendations. She served a homemade two-course breakfast every morning of coffee, fruit, and a main course (pancakes, quesadillas, and mole for our 3 days). Showers are hot in the afternoon!

Like Staying with your favourite friend /auntie or if your a young person. Your Mum!

Lovely place. Chela, our host, was really welcoming and kind. We couldn't have asked for more from her. The hostel is by a busy road but the character of the place more than made up for this. Breakfasts were excellent and we were given bikes to get us easily to the beach and Tulum ruins in 10 minutes. Heartily recommend it.

We had a great stay at Los Mapaches! The facilities were beyond what we expected and the great breakfasts and bikes included were a HUGE plus. Chelo is an incredibly sweet host and a very useful reference!

• 2nd Jan 2016

We loved it here, though it was a bit pricey. Exceptionally clean place and we loved the owner! And the cat) and dogs!

The owner and her sons are very very sweet, we felt so comfortable our whole stay and were sad to leave. It exceeded our expectations in every way !

• 24th Dec 2015

Breakfast was amazing, filling and included. Location was a bit far away from the main strip, but manageable once you have access to the bicycles (included in the price of the room).

Chelo is super helpful, she gave us a lot of great advices to visit the most important places in one day. Also, Posada Los Mapaches has a great atmosphere, it´s very clean and the breakfast is delicious. We also enjoyed a lot the borrowed bikes included with the rent of the room.

• 13th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

We had the most wonderful stay with Chelo. Everything was perfect. Chelo is one of the sweetest and most kind hearted people I have ever come across so I can't recommend this place enough. I'd go back just to see her and her lovely dogs

• 11th Dec 2015

We really loved this place!!! It was very clean, they have an excellent staff and great location. And yummy breakfast!!!! Val & John

Unfortunately it is right on the main hwy. and by a speed bump so a lot of noise and also trucks parked on road idling for long periods.

This hostel was a great option for us (couple: 23 and 26 y.o.) since we stayed only for one night and it included bikes that allowed us to visit the ruins, beach, and town in a few hours. Chelo, the manager of the hostel, is a lovely woman, she gave us tips to make the most of our day and even gave us some chopped fruit in the morning although we left earlier than the breakfast time. Everything was really clean, and yes they have some rules but they're necessary. Excellent option :).

• 15th Nov 2015
  • Mexico

Spent four nights at the posada, the posada is very clean and quiet. Chelo is wonderful and I really did feel at home. Breakfast is very very good, I am a vegan and don't eat wheat and Chelo had no trouble making a special meal for me !! The shared kitchen is well equipped and clean and I great place to meet other travelers. I liked the fact that the posada is located just out of town on the highway in front of the ruins. Bicycles are free and very useful. To sum it up, I had a wonderful !!

Chelo is an excellent hostel owner who cares and gives great suggestions and overview where to eat and what to do. Her selfmade lime coco cake and the breakfast she makes is wonderful. Enjoy the bikes and the rooms - I liked very much!

I'm so happy we decided to stay at Posada los Mapaches, it turned out to be even better than expected. First and foremost, Chelo was excellent in every possible. From the moment we arrived, up until we got in the taxi for our flight home she was helpful, caring, accommodating, and as sweet as they come! She is like a sweet little grandma, making you're well taken care of. She keeps up with her gorgeous property and makes sure the rooms stay clean. Cons: mosquitos around bathrooms

• 24th Aug 2015