Posada los Mapaches Reviews

Carretera Federal cancun Chetumal, Frente entrada de las Ruinas Tulum, Tulum, Mexico

This hostel was a great option for us (couple: 23 and 26 y.o.) since we stayed only for one night and it included bikes that allowed us to visit the ruins, beach, and town in a few hours. Chelo, the manager of the hostel, is a lovely woman, she gave us tips to make the most of our day and even gave us some chopped fruit in the morning although we left earlier than the breakfast time. Everything was really clean, and yes they have some rules but they're necessary. Excellent option :).

• 15th Nov 2015
  • Mexico

Spent four nights at the posada, the posada is very clean and quiet. Chelo is wonderful and I really did feel at home. Breakfast is very very good, I am a vegan and don't eat wheat and Chelo had no trouble making a special meal for me !! The shared kitchen is well equipped and clean and I great place to meet other travelers. I liked the fact that the posada is located just out of town on the highway in front of the ruins. Bicycles are free and very useful. To sum it up, I had a wonderful !!

I'm so happy we decided to stay at Posada los Mapaches, it turned out to be even better than expected. First and foremost, Chelo was excellent in every possible. From the moment we arrived, up until we got in the taxi for our flight home she was helpful, caring, accommodating, and as sweet as they come! She is like a sweet little grandma, making you're well taken care of. She keeps up with her gorgeous property and makes sure the rooms stay clean. Cons: mosquitos around bathrooms

• 24th Aug 2015

Really nice place with friendly staff (although speaking Spanish is very helpful here). Great breakfast, clean. Good free bike hire. The place was very quiet and wouldn't be great if travelling alone.

Chelo is the nicest woman in the world. Really welcome and helpful. The breakfast is great too and really sets you up for the day

wrote: Excellent location just across from the ruins. The owner Chello is an exceptional host that goes to great lengths to provide everything she can. The rooms are unique wooden shacks. WiFi, food, beds, bikes were all great. This is not on the beach and near a noisy road but it's easy enough to reach anywhere by bike or taxif. For the price it's amazing. Thanks Chelo!

The hostel was amazing. Beautiful breakfast every morning made especially for our dietary requirements which I know wasn't the easiest! Loved the tree houses and the fresh air coming into the room. Great bikes and advice for things to do around Tulum and Chello was a great host.

As Tulum is quite spread out the hostel is far from the beach & town but close to Mayan Ruins. Bikes are included in the price which is definitely a must in Tulum. Cello, the owner, makes you feel right at home and cooks an amazing 2 course breakfast for you in the morning which is included in the price of the room. Our hut was great, spacious with 2 levels and 2 much needed fans. Very clean. Not a super sociable hostel but great on all other counts. Lots of dogs & cats around for animal lovers.

I really enjoyed my stay here, even though my passport had been stolen in the previous town (at Poc Na hostel on Isla Mujeres) and so I spent most of my time in Tulum dealing with Mexican authorities (which SO WAS NOT FUN). Mama and her family were so good to me. Felt like heaven to be here. Her many-year vision and dedication to build this place inspire me. Love, Kirsty.

View all Tulum Bed and Breakfasts