Posh South Beach Reviews

808 Collins Avenue, Miami, USA

Perfect hostel! even though it accommodates so many people the set out for the bed area is faultless. Only downfall is lack of sockets! I had to charge my phone next to another bed because there were no sockets near mine!

Loved the location, the community feel in the hostel was great, never met to many people. Everyone actually talks and spends time with each other. However, it's impossible to find and you have to rely on people hanging around outside the hostel to let you in, that's just not on. And both the beds, loos and showers could do with a little more space and privacy.

This is by far the best hostel I have visited in the United States! The atmosphere, location, friendly staff and facilities were amazing! Plus, it really helps that South Beach has a ton of things to do! I am so glad I chose Posh! Good value for price! I will definitely stay at Posh when I am in South Beach again!

very good hostel, would strongly recommend. the hostel was very new and modern and kept very clean, the facilities were also excellent. it was in a great location near the beach but it also wasn't too loud when you wanted to sleep. top hostel

• 2nd Aug 2014

the hostel is very good, pretty sophisticated. Clean and organized. Well located. Also has nice people. However the internet is very slow. Could be more cool with fewer rules. Fellow guests could visit the hostel in public areas. Release some drinks in the pool area. May be twice a week could have a pool party. They could also sell drinks. Be a little more cool! Best Regards Walter Ramos

great pool, great to meet people, excelent location, nice bar, bed very confortable, but many bed people passing at nigth, bathroom sharing guys and girls!!! Very good place to stay!

This is my 2nd time in Posh, and every time I can stay there, I'll always be!!!! People are friendly and people make you feel in your home. I used the kitchen almost every night. I knew people from many places around the world and keep those friends nowadays. The unique worst thing this time it was I keep my icecream in the refrigerator and someone ate some... But it's not Posh fault...

Only stayed here overnight on a layover from Australia to the Caribbean, but this place was amazing! We didn't get to the hostel until midnight, but there was still someone to check us in etc. The hostel itself is beautiful -- modern, very clean, and had a great atmosphere. I was initially a bit cautious about such an enormous dorm, but it still manages to maintain privacy, and it's actually a really cool feel. Free airport shuttle is a bonus! Location could not be better!! Would return :)

It´s an excellent hostel to stay in Miami Beach. It´s near Washington Avenue and the beach. They could have a luggage storage room for travelers with big luggage,

Like an hospital, a open space with 40 beds, and a shared bathroom for all of them without a door, isn't the place that I was expected... I have been in other hostels in Miami and other places better for less money...

Best hostel in Miami Beach! The place is very clean, has a very good wifi, is very well located in Miami, safe, the temperature inside is great, even in cold or hot days, inside is always the same, the staff is very good too. I will be back, i really enjoyed my stay. What i didnt like: the bathroom! The place is clean, there is always someone keeping it clean, perfect. The part i didnt like is that you have a bathroom shared between men and women and no privacy. They can improve it.

Wish there were female only areas.

• 10th Jan 2014

Facility was clean and bed also. And breakfast was included. But they are not friendly. Thats all.

This place is just fantastic, atmosphere, environment, staff, facilities, and location. I mean they have a cleaning staff that is literally cleaning 24 hours a day- black slate tile, heated pool on roof, happy hour fr 7 to 8 free drinks at nice boutique bar down stairs and in the morning breakfast included- impossible to really describe this place just go and check it out and guarantee you'll extend your stay- the place is definitely not called "POSH"for nothing- really lives up to its name

It is difficult to rate Posh as we were actually transferred to the Chesterfield Hotel given a problem at Posh Hostel. We did however have breakfast at Posh Hostel and we interacted with staff at Posh Hostel during our stay. The staff were quite helpful, especiallly given that we had a few problems with Chesterfield Hotel and their staff. Breakfast was quite small and a little disappointing compared to breakfasts that I have enjoyed at other hostels around the world.

I only stayed a night, but I was an excellent experience. My only suggestion is improve the cllose system of the bathrooms.

There are many great things about Posh hostel, but this hostel offers the least privacy of any hostel I have ever stayed at. There is little privacy in the large dorm (people coming and going and noise at all times), little privacy in the showers (smoked glass walls), and no privacy in the toilets (a few open floor stalls). If you can get past this, the rest of the hostel is perfect - nice pool, nice common area, airport shuttle, breakfast, great location.

The good: free transport to/from the airport, awesome pool, awesome location, comfy beds, very clean, good showers. The bad: it's really noisy given the rooms are huge (get a bed at the back if you want less noise and bring earplugs), the toilet stalls seem overly small, showers have limited privacy, you can't hang anything anywhere near your bed which is really annoying cos there isn't any hanging space for wet towels. Overall though, it's a nice hostel with a good atmosphere.

Absolutely disgraceful! I implore anybody thinking of staying here to reconsider. I was kicked out the first night at 4 am for simply laying in my friends bed talking. Wasn't able to find anywhere else at such short notice and was forced to sleep on the beach with my luggage. Of course, they refused to give me a refund. The staff are incredibly rude, one in particular Monica bears much resemblance to Miss Trunchball from Matilda. Not a happy customer.

• 27th Aug 2013

There was a sarcastic attendant named George that made my experience awful. South Beach should choose better before hire their workers. Also, the place is very noisy and shared bethrooms make it so uncomfortable. Congrats for the good things, like excelent beds and very good lockers.Its not so difficuld to make Posh the best Hostel in Miami Beach they have just to setup some details.

• 5th Aug 2013