Posh South Beach Reviews

808 Collins Avenue, Miami, USA

Great place to stay. Very hotel like rather than hostel - it's only when you go to sleep in the dormitory that you remember you're in a hostel! Very clean - cleaners seem to be around cleaning 24/7 ... can feel like you're in their way sometimes. The rest of the staff were helpful and friendly - breakfast good - cereal and toast - not the party hostel as lots of strict rules but great for meeting people - good atmosphere - great location. Great value for money.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Cyprus

Nice hostel. The beds were comfortable and although there were a lot of people in the room at night it was fairly quiet as the staff made sure to keep the noise down. Not a party hostel but a good place to socialize nevertheless. The coed showers and bathrooms were clean but lacked some basics such as hooks in the shower for towels for example. The location was very nice, next to the beach but hard to find for the first time as there are no signs.

It was a good stay BUT the staff working the nightshift ruined it. One of them had some in control issues. Walking around nighttime with flashlight, checking people's beds! They had a problem about me and others hanging our things on the ladderBikini,towel etc, every night they rearranget my stuff! "you can't cover the bed it's a rule!!" they woke me up and put e.g my wet beach towel on the bed "We need to see the bed" Ive been staying in about 40-50 hostels and never experienced this before

Perfect hostel! even though it accommodates so many people the set out for the bed area is faultless. Only downfall is lack of sockets! I had to charge my phone next to another bed because there were no sockets near mine!

Loved the location, the community feel in the hostel was great, never met to many people. Everyone actually talks and spends time with each other. However, it's impossible to find and you have to rely on people hanging around outside the hostel to let you in, that's just not on. And both the beds, loos and showers could do with a little more space and privacy.

This is by far the best hostel I have visited in the United States! The atmosphere, location, friendly staff and facilities were amazing! Plus, it really helps that South Beach has a ton of things to do! I am so glad I chose Posh! Good value for price! I will definitely stay at Posh when I am in South Beach again!

very good hostel, would strongly recommend. the hostel was very new and modern and kept very clean, the facilities were also excellent. it was in a great location near the beach but it also wasn't too loud when you wanted to sleep. top hostel

• 2nd Aug 2014

the hostel is very good, pretty sophisticated. Clean and organized. Well located. Also has nice people. However the internet is very slow. Could be more cool with fewer rules. Fellow guests could visit the hostel in public areas. Release some drinks in the pool area. May be twice a week could have a pool party. They could also sell drinks. Be a little more cool! Best Regards Walter Ramos

great pool, great to meet people, excelent location, nice bar, bed very confortable, but many bed people passing at nigth, bathroom sharing guys and girls!!! Very good place to stay!

This is my 2nd time in Posh, and every time I can stay there, I'll always be!!!! People are friendly and people make you feel in your home. I used the kitchen almost every night. I knew people from many places around the world and keep those friends nowadays. The unique worst thing this time it was I keep my icecream in the refrigerator and someone ate some... But it's not Posh fault...

Only stayed here overnight on a layover from Australia to the Caribbean, but this place was amazing! We didn't get to the hostel until midnight, but there was still someone to check us in etc. The hostel itself is beautiful -- modern, very clean, and had a great atmosphere. I was initially a bit cautious about such an enormous dorm, but it still manages to maintain privacy, and it's actually a really cool feel. Free airport shuttle is a bonus! Location could not be better!! Would return :)

George was awesome, and very helpful and the whole staff very nice and friendly. Good location, and shuttle bus to and from airport was great. Breakfast needs some updating, very basic and not great. They provide locks and lockers and linens and towels, very nice pool too.

• 5th Apr 2014

It´s an excellent hostel to stay in Miami Beach. It´s near Washington Avenue and the beach. They could have a luggage storage room for travelers with big luggage,

Like an hospital, a open space with 40 beds, and a shared bathroom for all of them without a door, isn't the place that I was expected... I have been in other hostels in Miami and other places better for less money...

Best hostel in Miami Beach! The place is very clean, has a very good wifi, is very well located in Miami, safe, the temperature inside is great, even in cold or hot days, inside is always the same, the staff is very good too. I will be back, i really enjoyed my stay. What i didnt like: the bathroom! The place is clean, there is always someone keeping it clean, perfect. The part i didnt like is that you have a bathroom shared between men and women and no privacy. They can improve it.

Wish there were female only areas.

• 10th Jan 2014

Facility was clean and bed also. And breakfast was included. But they are not friendly. Thats all.

This place is just fantastic, atmosphere, environment, staff, facilities, and location. I mean they have a cleaning staff that is literally cleaning 24 hours a day- black slate tile, heated pool on roof, happy hour fr 7 to 8 free drinks at nice boutique bar down stairs and in the morning breakfast included- impossible to really describe this place just go and check it out and guarantee you'll extend your stay- the place is definitely not called "POSH"for nothing- really lives up to its name

It is difficult to rate Posh as we were actually transferred to the Chesterfield Hotel given a problem at Posh Hostel. We did however have breakfast at Posh Hostel and we interacted with staff at Posh Hostel during our stay. The staff were quite helpful, especiallly given that we had a few problems with Chesterfield Hotel and their staff. Breakfast was quite small and a little disappointing compared to breakfasts that I have enjoyed at other hostels around the world.

I only stayed a night, but I was an excellent experience. My only suggestion is improve the cllose system of the bathrooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3