Pousada Daime Sono - Lencois Reviews

rua das pedras, 102, Chapada Diamantina, Brazil

In our opinion, the hostel in itself wasn't too bad. However it was not clean AT ALL, and smelled like pee half of the time. On top of that, we felt a little bit "cheated" since EVERYTHING cost extra. So we had to pay 10R$ for a shower after check-out, 10R$ for an extra breakfast (this was okay, but we thought it was a little out of proportion), etc.

• 16th Nov 2014

We felt manipulated while were at the hostel. Everything comes with a price (which would be fine if we were informed of the prices). Numerous times she gave us the wrong change, she didn't inform us of extra charges on the tour nor of the 10% fee we paid hostelworld, and when our 3 day trek was cancelled on account of the weather, we had a lot of difficulties getting our money back. We ended up going to Capao, which was quieter, and we were able to hike to Fumaca without a guide!

We arrived with the night bus at 6 am. When we got in the hostel the lady said she had empty beds, so we could go and rest if we wanted.When we paid our bill she had charged us half a day for that. It was tricky.For the money we paid we could've stayed in a private room in a better hostel with wifi, hot water or kitchen service. Even more, we paid a 10% in advance with our credit card when we made the reservation through hostelworld and she didn't even discount the money we had paid in advanced

Very nice and cheap hostel, well located in the main square.

הוסטל קטן, החדר ממש קטן ולא נראה טוב, המיטה הייתה מלוכלכת, והמדרגות למעלה נמצאת מעל הראש שלכם אז כל פעם שמישהו עולה למעלה אתם שומעים.. קיצר ממש לא ממליצה אפשר למצוא חדרים יותר טובים בפחות כסף

A really charming pousada with great staff, yummy staff and cozy atmosphere. Patricia is an angel!

• 23rd Jun 2014

Foi o melhor lugar da viagem! Muito legal, gente muito boa, tudo ótimo! It was the best place I stayed during my trip to Brazil. Very helpful, very friendly!

The best pousada I've ever been in Brazil. The family that owe the place is friendly and they would help you with everything you need. They organize "passeios" without make you pay extra commission and they recommend the best ones. The breakfast is very good and the dinner too. We love it!

There is a family actually living there and the extra rooms have been let out. I stayed in 7 bed dorm. It has a single bathroom / toilet with the oddest shower I had ever seen :) the main problem was the tour they offered (4 of us went). It was a 2 day tour which was actually 1.5 and when we were returning we were told the return Mototaxi fare was not included. After arguing for sometime we got back in the Mototaxi. It would be better to try some other tours.

The owner Patricia is lovely and organised a great trek at cheaper prices than those quoted elsewhere. There is a family atmosphere but the room was a bit chilly at night and the blankets were not thick enough. Location is perfect. Highly recommend.

You actually live with a Brazilian family. Sad is that the couple who owns this place and lives there as well fight a lot which makes the atmosphere uncomfortable. Breakfast is good, the rooms are cute and the wife is very helpful.

great location, very familiar environment, amazing breakfast! recommended!

Nice little friendly posada in central lencois. (only 2 small rooms and a dorm upstairs). Great breakfast with fresh bread rolls and amazing homemade jam,amongst other things. Patricia had plenty of advice on free and paid for tours around the park, however these maybe cheaper through a tour agency in lencois, although she my try to convince otherwise!!! This place would benefit from lockers in the dorm (although Patricia has a proper safe where she can store your valuables).

Like other people who booked in this page, we booked a private room in this hostel and when we arrived, the staff told us that there were an informatic problem and we had to rest in a common room. The common room is very small and plenty of beds. It's the worst room that we have seen ever. We left the pousada and we found another one who was much better only for 5 RS more. We think that they say always the same thing if you book the private room because we read the same story before.

• 1st Jul 2012
  • Spain

the hostel is perfect located in the center of lancois...breakfast was great and the people are very friendly and helpful..they help you to organize nice trips to great waterfalls, and so on...they can recommend you good guides for this trips.. the room was very nice and comfortable...i really can recommend it. and they have also free internet...

I have spent three days in the Pousada Daime Sono and I have really loved my stay! Patricia and Rodrigo are very lovely and helpful and treat their guest just like a part of their family. The pousada is perfectly located in the picturesque historic center of Lencois, nevertheless it is a really quite place! The breakfast is very tasty (also due to Rodrigo's amazing cakes!), internet is available for free, the rooms are simple but charming. I loved it and will definitely return to this hostel!

• 12th Mar 2012

I arrived there and hostel was fully booked even I made reservation by internet before. Staff said that they couldn´t access the internet during 1 week for that reason they were not able to make updates about bed avaibility. Staff has allocated me and other 8 people more to another place and it cost me 25% more.

• 20th Feb 2012

with good location and very nice people. The only problem for me just the internet cant work when we stay here.

boa localização, pessoas bem atenciosas, amizade local, dicas, delicioso café da manha

right in the middle of lençois. the ownre she is very nice and helpfull.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4