Pousada Ecoverde Reviews

Rua Pedro Celestino, 391, Cuiaba, Brazil

Pousada Ecoverde is a great place to stay if you're looking to organise a trip to the Pantanal. Joel is an incredible host; very friendly and will do anything for his guests. The Pousada is unique, with a great atmosphere. It was lovely to just relax in the hammocks in the garden while listening to Joel's old records and surrounded by the birds and kittens. Joel organised a 4 day trip out to the Pantanal for me. The tour was incredible and great value for money - we even saw 5 Jaguars!

• 14th Oct 2014

It was very hot in Cuiaba and the fans in our room were noisy and didn´t relieve the heat. I wouldn´t travel to this part of Brazil again in September. The hostel is a bit run down but Joel is very kind and put us in touch with a guide in Chapada dos Guimaraes which is about an hour away by bus. Sergio took us on some walks in that region which we thoroughly enjoyed.

I really enjoyed my stay here. Joel was a really nice guy that let me wash my clothes for free. There were 5 cute little kittens that loved attention. Breakfast was nice in the backyard. Wifi was fine. Shower and bathrooms were fine. No problems at all with security.

I had a great experience in this hostel! It had a variety of food in breakfast. Also, I stayed in one of the newly built rooms and the air-conditioning worked well but not too much. The most importantly, althoguh I stupidly left my cell phone in this hostel due to lack of sleep, one of the owners, Joel, quickly and kindly replied to my desparate email and sent it to my next destination right away!!!!! I am sure that he is one of the nicest people I ever met in Brazil!!! Thank you so much, Joel!!

View all Cuiaba Bed and Breakfasts