Pousada Favelinha Reviews

Rua Antonio Joaquim Batista, casa 13, Entrada: Rua Almirante Alexandrino 2023, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Lovely breakfast with homemade juice and a lot chooses for the bread. Friendly staff. Patrick (the owner) high/drunk, we don't know, but he was a nice guy. Impossible to find on your own, ask someone, they are helpful. Located in a safe favela. Good busconnections to the town, take bus 006 or 007 just outside the favela. Hot water. Clean, but could be better. If you want the best view of Rio, stay here! Highly recommended.

It was a very good experience. We could know a different part of Rio, living in a favela, with an incredible view of the city. The neighborhood was very quiet and safe. The only disadvantage is that it is a bit far from the beach. I recommend this place for sure!

Hard to start on this one. We never ended staying since instead of a "hello" we got a "sons of whores can leave, I don't need them here, I've worked enough for one day",we decided to leave. Good thing we had another place to stay on a national bank holiday week end where all the hotels in Rio were full. So you have our deposit, and they are willing to pay it back but I don't want to leave them my bank info. The owner's a complete lunatic. I was looking forward to the experience :-(

• 14th Nov 2013

This hostel ist very super located!!!!!! To see the sunrise behind the Sugar Loaf - unbelieveable. The e-Mail-contact before we arrived was top. The is a great german guy working for the rough hostel-lady. He helped us, gave us a friendly warm welcome and let us feel free to discover Rio. The lady-boss istsels seemed not to be interested in us. Good breakfast with great coffee, cheese, hamon and delicious fresh fruits! We enjoyed our stay there and can recommend it.

View all Rio de Janeiro Bed and Breakfasts