Pousada Paloma Reviews

Abraao, Ilha Grande, Brazil

It is a very relaxing hostel, the rooms feel private and clean, and the couple who run it are friendly and helpful. Just off the beach!

The wifi never worked and no one was too fussed about helping us figure it out or fix it. The breakfast was very bare bones compared to other posadas at the price range in Brazil, though I cannot be sure for Ilha Grande. The staff made me feel like I was invading their private space any time I ventured into the reception for any requests -- the reception of the hotel is also their living room and they will not hesitate to let you know.

Great place, cheap. But cleanliness isnt the high point of the place. If you're looking for a cheap place, just to sleep, then go on.

• 18th Jun 2014

We had a good time there, we had worry about some poor reviews but everything works well. The breakfast is very nice, they have dinner, good when you are tired to go out. They should keep clean the bathrooms, I think they just take off the rubbish and don't wash that, also I saw some bedbugs on the bed. The atmosphere is nice, you can rest in the hammock drinking a caipirinha. The prices wasn't bad. We don't know if could stay again there. They speak spanish, english and portuguese.

They gave us great recommemdations for a turtle snorkeling tour, we loved it!

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Great stay at this Pousada. Good breakfast and helpful staff. They speak Portuguese, Spanish and English. Was a little worries after reading a few poor reviews but our stay was very good. I would stay there again if I returned to Ilha Grande.

View all Ilha Grande Bed and Breakfasts