Pousada Santa Monica Reviews

Av Ministro Salgado Filho, 2760, Saquarema, Brazil

Great hostel. Allana was a fantastic host and really made you feel like it was a home from home.

Pousada Santa Monica is hands down one of the best places I've stayed overseas. Saquarema is a great beach town with excellent surfing and plenty of character. I highly recommend taking a bicycle cruise down the cobblestone streets and checking out Sunday night samba in the town square. The pousada itself is comfortable and clean. I felt like I was staying at an old friend's house more than a bed and breakfast. I wish I could have cancelled my return flight and stayed for a year.

• 1st Aug 2013

Great atmosphere and Brazilian breakfast! Thanks!

Saquarema was my first trip away from my base in Rio de Janeiro and the short trip is more than worth it. A cozy town with untouched beaches popular for surfing. Now, onto the pousada: I highly recommend the place. Great rooms, clean facilities, and chill international-minded staff who love soccer/football. Hostel is well-located, literally across from the beach, and has a stocked kitchen and outdoor barbecue area. Santa Monica is a smart choice for backpackers and World Cup fans alike.

This hostel was great! brendan is incredibly welcoming and the house is a really nice place to chill - which is what you will want to do in saquarema - its a scene change from the likes of rio! the rooms are really nice and well equipped, with comfy mattresses and decent linen - makes a change! also has a balcony that looks directly onto an amazing long beach, with hammocks and chairs so you can enjoy the view and the sound of some insanely big waves!

• 30th Jun 2013

Fabulous place! Great deal, great location right on the beach. Cool atmosphere and great host. Saquarema and Pousada Santa Monica are a must if you're in the state of Rio!

I came for the Saquarema Prime surf tournament and had a blast at Pousada Santa Monica. It's a fairly new place but has all the amenities any international traveler would want - spacious, comfortable rooms (or dorms, if you are trying to stay cheap), clean bathrooms, huge kitchen, big backyard pool and bbq area, comfortable common room, and most importantly, really friendly and helpful staff. The manager of the hostel even picked us up from the bus station! I definitely reccomend staying here.

• 15th Jun 2013

Pousada Santa Monica is the perfect escape from the fast pace of Rio. Saquarema is a sleepy beach town about an hour and a half up the coast from Rio. I stayed at the Pousada with my boyfriend. We had a nice quiet room with our own bathroom and a very comfortable queen bed (which are surprisingly hard to come by in Brazil)! I would definitely recommend this place - good breakfast, great hammocks with a view, fantastic host - it was an all around lovely experience.

• 12th Jun 2013