Pousada de Ponta Delgada Reviews

R. S. Francisco Xavier, s/n - Ponta Delgada, Ponta Delgada, Portugal

I just stayed one night because I had a long flight connection. It was decent, but felt very much like a summer camp. Average age of guests was about 16. The showers are quite communal... no place to hang your towel or put your clothes except in the public area... and the doors are see-through. The dorm rooms only have 1 key, so basically it seemed the door was never locked - except when I arrived at 1:30am and had to knock and wake someone up to let me in.

Bad points for washrooms: PLEASE ask the International YHA to supply you with funds to do up the showers, they are appalling. Washroom sinks have no hot water! Insufficient number of washrooms means they are very dirty 24/7! The hordes of youngsters do not put tissues in bins provided nor scoop up hairs in the showers etc., so staff need to put notices up. 1 out of 4 female showers has a broken lock. Sinks in private doubles would ease overcrowded washrooms. No cooking facilities a big minus.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland
  • Couple, 41+

No wifi in the rooms.

Not exactly a warm welcome from the staff; few entertainments available (some board games or something like that needed); had to pay 4€ for one hour of pool (which is too expensive); common room miserable and not conducive to chat; no WiFi in the rooms; hostel overall a bit dated.

Great hostel for young people or solo travelers. The island is quiet and this hostel makes it easy to meet people

The Pousada was not the place for me to be. I wouldn't recommend it for backpackers who travel alone, because the "lounge" was not very good to get in touch with new people. The bathroom was not very clean, the showers were broken sometimes, there was no soap in the toilets.. the staff was nice! I think it's more for couples and big groups. But a little too expensive. But i still enjoyed my stay, the beds were comfortable and the view to the sea was great!

Wifi does not reach the rooms, the bathrooms very very dirty and the price really high. Not recommended

Best place to be I recommend it to all my freinds and family

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Zimbabwe

Death to the One Key Policy! My roommates and I had to work out who should take the key if someone needed to use the wifi (only in the common room) and someone else was going to take a shower (a cold shower). The kitchen access is locked after the housekeeping staff get off, so you have to ask for the key at the front desk to make dinner. (There is one knife, and it is small and dull.) You'd think staying in an old, traditional building would be cool, turns out it's just cold. I moved ASAP.

View all Ponta Delgada Hostels