Pousada de Ponta Delgada Reviews

R. S. Francisco Xavier, s/n - Ponta Delgada, Ponta Delgada, Portugal

No wifi in the rooms.

Not exactly a warm welcome from the staff; few entertainments available (some board games or something like that needed); had to pay 4€ for one hour of pool (which is too expensive); common room miserable and not conducive to chat; no WiFi in the rooms; hostel overall a bit dated.

Great hostel for young people or solo travelers. The island is quiet and this hostel makes it easy to meet people

The Pousada was not the place for me to be. I wouldn't recommend it for backpackers who travel alone, because the "lounge" was not very good to get in touch with new people. The bathroom was not very clean, the showers were broken sometimes, there was no soap in the toilets.. the staff was nice! I think it's more for couples and big groups. But a little too expensive. But i still enjoyed my stay, the beds were comfortable and the view to the sea was great!

Wifi does not reach the rooms, the bathrooms very very dirty and the price really high. Not recommended

Best place to be I recommend it to all my freinds and family

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Zimbabwe

Death to the One Key Policy! My roommates and I had to work out who should take the key if someone needed to use the wifi (only in the common room) and someone else was going to take a shower (a cold shower). The kitchen access is locked after the housekeeping staff get off, so you have to ask for the key at the front desk to make dinner. (There is one knife, and it is small and dull.) You'd think staying in an old, traditional building would be cool, turns out it's just cold. I moved ASAP.

They were very nice as I needed to do the check-out before the breakfast time and they didn't mind to leave the breakfast prepared 2 hours before in a way that I could take it. The negative thing was the spider web that I found in the room when I did the check-in.

View all Ponta Delgada Hostels