Pousada dos Franceses Reviews

Rua dos Franceses, 100, Sao Paulo, Brazil

we stayed there on our first night when arriving in Brazil after a 13 hour flight. we were slightly delayed at the airport and phoned them to confirm a late check-in. the staff were unbelievably accommodating, friendly and when we got there, it felt as though she would move a mountain to ensure that we were comfortable and feeling at home.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

I thought the staff were very friendly and helpful. This makes for a very reassuring stay when coming to a country and not speaking the language. I felt I could relax straight away and for me this is the most important thing I look for.

First, Lonely Planet mentions how peaceful Pousada dos Franceses is and it is right: the quietest place I've slept so far. Second, from arrival the staff helped with anything needed, and I was very grateful for the excellent level of English as my Portuguese is limited. Third, it is very easy to walk from the Pousada to either a street of many restaurants or main road for banks, shops etc. My only problem was, I am tall and the bed had a footboard making my sleeping position a little awkward.

• 1st Jun 2014