Pousada e Hostel Papagaio Reviews

Rua da Fonte Grande, 25, Morro de Sao Paulo, Brazil

We had a really bad experience there. Rooms are accessible to anyone passing in the street since the door leading to the rooms doesn't pass through the reception and wasn't locked. The staff didn't alert us about the risk of sleeping with the window opened with only a mosquito net and on our first night we woke up and the mosquito net was ripped off and a guy had his arm in the room trying to grab our personal valuables. The guy ran away but the next day the staff didn't do anything about it

• 7th Jul 2014

Very nice staff!! But the internet doesn't work very good...

We booked the room of 12, from the worst hostels I have ever seen, filthy and we really didnt wanted to stay there. The room for 4 was ok. I dont recomend it.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Chile

Excellent value for money! Great pool and bar area.

The hostel was in a great location and had good facilities including a great pool but the staff where the best thing about the place-they where always friendly and really helped me out a few times.

Comfortable bed and really helpful staff. The breakfast was a bit lacking, however, and it was completely empty when I stayed so its hard to comment on the atmosphere.

great hostel in a strategic point of morro (from hostel papagaio you can arrive in 5 minute everywhere). The room are ok, all with bathroom inside. There is also a swimming pool, great! and the guys that work in the hostel are very friendly and gentiles!

• 22nd Aug 2013

Even being sick, I had a great stay in their hostel, a great breackfast , the rooms are normal, they upgraded us to a room for 6 instead of the one for 11, pretty cool! Also, One night they invited us to their italian family dinner!

great hostel and nice breakfast

Very good hostel, I got the double room so it was me and my girlfried and the room was smal but very clean, a good bed and the restroom was clean and with an good shower. I reccomend this hostsl cause of the price, the location which is near to the center of the vilage with good restaurants and easy access to the harbour. it is an simple hostel, but the acomodations and the cleanliness was really good.

• 30th May 2013

The dorms are very cramped (triple bunks) and have tiny en-suite bathrooms. The pool up top is great and you get breakfast. Only a short walk from the beach. I found the staff to be no existant and the please a little dirty. But still a decent hostel for a few nights stay

It was a great hostel But it has two bad things about it... First of all it's very far from the beach compared to other posadas, second it had not kitchen which makes you spend more money on eating out... Still, the rooms are great and the breakfest is really good, its cheap and the whole atmosphere is great but it's not perfect because of the reasons I mentioned...

Unfortunately this place is a bit of a fizzer. Breakfast was the only thing going for it. The kiddy pool upstairs was very average and the three tiered bunk beds are always a welcoming sight. Pretty sure I got a nose bleed I was up so high. The staff are quite good, very little english but still helpful. Our room wasnt cleaned at all the whole time we were there (even after guests left!). It was pretty cheap which was a plus but maybe worthwhile shelling out a few more bucks for a better place.

Staff very helpful and had a lot of information to give about the island

• 4th Feb 2013

Positive assistant staff, clean and comfortable. Location not the best, but you can get anywhere by walking. Very nice rooms and excellent breakfast! I really enjoyed there :)

• 3rd Feb 2013
  • Israel

Super nice owners, would recommend it for this fact alone.

I stayed at the room for 11 people, and during my stay room was almost full all the time. There were no proper place to keep your back bag or hang your clothes. Room was too packed. There was also one shower/toilet for this room, which was not enough. Breakfast was alright, but some mornings there was not enough food and the staff wasn´t really interested in to bring more food. The pool was nice and location good.

Decent hostel with a cool chill-out roof area with pool and bar. Very good breakfast & helpful staff. Located some 15 miniutes from the main beaches, but closer to one of the nicest more remote beaches- Gamboa. The hostel is a bit pricey, especially considering that there is no computer (only wifi and I dont backpack with my laptop), and no kitchen. But Brazil in general is pricey.

Staff were awesome and very gave excellent island information, pool / bar area good for socialising. Dorms clean and well appointed.

Good (quite) location, nice breakfast. Great smiley staff is what makes the difference.

View all Morro de Sao Paulo Hostels