Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

Starting from the location to the interiors, PSH made me feel like a trip to the 80s. Hygiene was the most important factor considering it was my first time staying in a hostel, but PSH had pretty good standards of cleanliness. The wi fi was a bit dodgy, but other than that, everything was just amazing. Also love the folks at the Reception who were extremely warm and welcoming, and also informative. Definitely would suggest any backpacker this hostel.

Overall, I did pay next to nothing for this hostel because it was so cheap but the price I paid was definitely because of the quality of the place. There was construction outside of the hostel at 7 in the morning that prevented anyone from getting much sleep. Obviously, that really isn't the hostel'a fault and they can't do much about it but it just sucked. The one thing I have to say though is that the hostel smelled terrible. In certain places, it literally smelled like straight up toilets.

It is really value for money hostel, because it was very cheap and the location is perfect, right next to the central square of Prague. The staff was friendly and the girl on the reception was ready to give instructions and to answer all the questions. Breakfast was included and it was nice too. I paid only 13 euro for 4-bed room, it was very calm. But the main disadvantage was that there were no hot water in bathroom.

Super noisy street and very uncomfortable bed - supe thin mattress over slats that were uneven. Also no hot water at night.... it may have been that the hostel was super busy with schools and students but then you should be able to provide enough hot water throghout the day!

Typically there is not a chair or table in the room nor is there any type of shelf near one's bed in which to place eyeglasses, phone's, clocks, meds, etc which one needs to access during the night. Due to an Infrastructure problem I had to be relocated to a sister hostel. The staff could not have been nicer about the situation and indeed, had a backup plan for such an eventuality. Congrats to the personnel!

I can't rate or comment this hostel. By the time I got there, they changed me to another hostel saying that a pipe was broken in the room that I was supposed to stay.i

Staff brilliant. Clean and safe.

Not as lively as other hostels. But as your in centre of town it hardly matters.

Best hostel I've stayed at to date. The location is perfect and the rooms are well sized. Some of their staff members were more helpful than others and the breakfast wasn't the best but it's free so there's always the option to go somewhere else. I was in a 6 bed room and the room could definitely use more outlets would be my only request.

One of the best deals on a hostel you will ever find. We stayed for about $15 per person per night, and the location simply can't be beat, right off old town square and we never had to pay for public transportation to get where we wanted to go. The staff is incredibly kind and easy to work with. That $15 covered free wifi (that was very good quality by the way), free breakfast, and even free sandwiches that we packed for lunch each day. The facilities were cleaned daily, it seemed.

• 7th Mar 2015

Location is very good. Improve Breakfast They should Accept Euro

• 6th Mar 2015
  • India

This hostel was so worth it just because of the location. You are close to all of the best bars and my farthest walk was 10 minutes. There is a Starbucks right around the corner which was a huge plus. The staff was helpful and the beds were a decent size. Overall a good experience!

• 6th Mar 2015

Excellent hostel in the heart of the old town. Staff are super friendly and helpful in giving advice on where to go. Easy to get to from the bus / train station and no need to get transport anywhere as its all in walking distance. The room was even ready when arriving at midday! Thanks for a great stay :)

Best hostel I've stayed in!

Great location and awesome staff!

• 28th Feb 2015

This is by far one of the best hostels I have stayed in. It's in the best location you could possibly get, 2 minutes from the town square and down the street from the big shopping district. The staff are super helpful and friendly. Breakfast is included which is a major plus. And of the bathrooms are cleaned daily and always are stocked with toilet paper and soap and towels to dry your hands (which you wouldn't think makes a big difference but it really does). Loved this place!

Had a great time! Thanks to the staff for the great time.

Was good, but the rooms could be better.

The only thing that we wish we had known before we stayed was that there is no age limit on this hostel. Also, the staff was super helpful and informative.

I got switched to Prague Hostel Tyn and it was spectacular for a hostel. Very comfortable beds, very friendly staff, and we felt secure. Thanks!

• 20th Feb 2015