Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

Good location, very close to old town square which is always busy which meant noisy nights and that makes it a bit difficult to get a good sleep. Overall it was a good experience in the hostel. Good value for money especially the central location.

Small stuffy rooms, no air con, noisy, women's showers are almost unusable due to small size and there is no privacy when showering. Very funky hostel and not in a good way. Helpful friendly staff.

Lockers in the rooms, great location, so close to the main square and good clubs. Staff are consistently unfriendly however. Upon arrival we checked in with the woman with the shortest temper I have ever seen. The prospect of a group of 6 people paying separately, and sometimes in different currencies, baffled her. My friend was also verbally abused by a male member of staff for no reason other than "he has just started working here and isn't used to the night shift". Better hostels nearby.

Decent hostel in a great location but rooms are very small and the carpets do not seem to be very clean. It is extremely hot in the rooms at night in the summer as there is no air conditioning. Pros: the main desk is 24h and sells soft drinks, water and other snacks, wifi signal is excellent on the first two floors, the reception provides free towels.

it was amazing staying in the hostel. the staffs is good and helpful. the location of hostel was very awesome. you just had to bear noisy at night. other than that, it was perfect. i will stay in same hostel if i went to prague again :)

• 20th Jul 2015

The Location and the price were great! We stayed four nights, the first 3 in dorm 201, which is on the street site and so a little noisy. But it was good. For our last night we had to change rooms, which I found unfortunate, they didn't really appologize much about it. We changed to dorm 307 on the backside of the building which was more quiet. But it really smelled like someone peed on the carpet! Also the Wifi doesn't reach to the 3th floor. All in all, location and price was good.

Liked the location of the hostel and cool staff.

Hostel was very close to souvenir shops and the main tourist sites in Prague. Felt safe and the rooms were comfortable.

We were told by the hostel via email that they would accept euros on arrival however when we got there we were told that that was not the case and the staff member then proceeded to blame hostelworld for the mix up even though I had emailed the hostel directly to ask this specific question. The womens showers are litterally so small that you cant turn around in. The womens showers are also see through whereas the men have curtains to prevent this.

My friend and I really enjoyed staying here. The staff helped us out when we were in a bind and they treated us with respect and kindness. The room was a little noisy but that was only because we were right next to the central square.

• 11th Jul 2015

The staff were really nice especially the irish guy who helped me out a lot on stuff to do! Place was very clean and people were so fruendly.

• 10th Jul 2015

This hostel is a stone's throw away from the old town square- the centre of all activities. Metro station is just 300 mtrs away. The hostel is very average but just for location i'd give it 5 stars. You use it for crashing anyway!

I was supposed to stay in Prague Square Hostel and arrived at 9pm off my plane when they told me that a water pipe had burst and they would have to move me to there sister hostel, Old Prague Histel. Obviously these things happen and I'm glad that they could till accomodate me. However when I got there I was put into a room and then went out to dinner and when I came back someone was sleeping in my bed and refused to move. Found out the room had been overbooked so had to move again at 1am.

I think Prague square hostel is one of the best hostel in Prague centre. It is great spot, where young people can stay at night in Prague centre.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Latvia

Really nice hostel with breakfast and right in the middle of everything. Make sure you get bottom bunks or a room with air con or you will suffer so much as it gets so warm

Really nice hostel. Location is perfect! The obly downside, is that it gets quite hot during summer and as there is no aircon u have to leave the windows open (and it get quite noise at night) I would suggest, aircon! (Or at least fans)

Extremely content with our stay here. Staff were efficient, rooms were clean and there was no hidden charges for things like towels, big lockers and linen. The location couldn't be better; the place was in the middle of Old Town and within 15-20 minutes walk to the castle and bridge. Only grievance would be the fact that it's in the middle of the action so it's rare to see people chilling in groups in common areas.

No problems what so ever! Really clean. No air conditioning so that's a deal breaker for you... Made friends with our hostel roommates and they hung out with us all weekend.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Great location!

Nice hostel, it is pretty big so it is a little harder to meet people but overall had a great experience.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7