Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

Very likable place ! A little missing of space, in the common room especially. Showers are too much plain.

• 22nd Jul 2014

The hostel was poorly organised with people having to check out and swap rooms. Administration should sort out room allocation so that people are not constantly having to move. Bed was very uncomfortable- probably the worst I've slept in. The location is the real draw card for this hostel but I would not stay again.

• 22nd Jul 2014

The staff were so lovely and friendly they made my stay really enjoyable.

• 20th Jul 2014

It was one of the Worst stays at any accommodation. I arrived late on Sunday night, and even though I had a booking at Prague Square Hostel for 4 nights. I came there only on the 2nd night./ They didnt have a place for me, and on the spot shifted me to another hostel. This happened after midnight. I had walked an hour to their hostel, and then was forced to drag my baggage for another half an hour. In the new place, Old Prague Hostel, the reception ppl overcharged me.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • India

Here's my story: if you stay here, google directions because the directions on here are absolutely terrible. We didn't google because it sounded simple, except the train station you get off at has at least 5 different exits that could lead you many diff ways that will get you lost (for two hours...after traveling all day). Then when you get there, they will transfer you to a sister hostel (which they didn't email or forewarn you about) and then say its super easy to get to but just...continued..

Great location, clean hostel, and nice facilities. One of the best hostels I stayed in during my tour around Europe. Only slight complaint is that I had hoped more people would use the common room, it was usually quite empty. Although the events such as the free walking tour and pub crawl were awesome

Good location, but an outdated hostel with not much atmosphere, main issues were the ratio of bathrooms-guests in certain areas and heat in the rooms at night, as well as very unreliable and slow wifi which made booking things quite difficult. the 'breakfast' also leaves a bit to be desired, but the roll/sandwich they supply is a good idea, perhaps extend the breakfast hours or move it to the kitchen area as there was not actually enough space for people to eat in the morning.

Without a doubt the perfect location. Class value for money and the extras are given for free e.g ear plugs (needed!), towels, breakfast. Would definitely go again.

It is the best hostel I've been to so far. Super central location. Clean, cozy rooms,but quite noisy at night if you re staying at one overlooking the street - the hostel offers free earplugs for you to get a good night s sleep though. Dormer have their own shower which is very convenient. Kitchen is medium sized but extremely welcoming and never too cramped. Free breakfast is another pro + staff is really helpful and polite. Would definitely stay here again.

This place is PERFECT!!!!

Pros: -location is directly in the middle of the Old City and you have access to everything it's clean and they supply you with bedding and a lock for an in-room locker -the bathrooms are clean -free breakfast Cons: -it's very noisy all throughout the night because the location is so central that you can hear people outside -free breakfast but it's just 2 big bowls of cereal you can help yourself to and juice

Really enjoyed my stay, great facilities and staff and plenty of activities in a chilled out atmosphere. Only thing that wasn't great was the cleanliness of the bed clothes and the overwhelming smell of bleach when the cleaners were working. Less chemicals, more attention to the washing of bedclothes please. Big secure spacious lockers in rooms provided.

The staff and location were outstanding.

Very friendly and helpful staff! Really, really noisy! No AC, open windows.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

We stayed there for 2 nights in a 5-persons room. Rooms were very basic and clean. Minors : - very noisy at night (but you know it when you choose for this location) - only 1 shower for the men per floor - beds make a lot of noise Pro's : - location !!! - Very clean - staff is very kind and helpful - price/quality --> very good When i go back to Prague I will definitely book this hostel again

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Belgium

The hostel was in a great location, close to all the main sites and sounds of Prague. The cleaning staff were exceptional and were very considerate when doing their job. I would love to stay there again.

The best thing is the nearnest to Old Town Square

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

This one of the best hostel I've seen so far. Perfect location, lockers for backpacks in the rooms. Showers in the rooms. Computers room, nice kitchen, breakfast. Staff is really helpful and friendly, especially Ian. He answered all my questions and also called a taxi for me the morning I left as I knew Prague taxis are quite dodgy. The only problem is that the street below is very loud. Sometimes falling asleep is kind of tough as people shout in the streets very loudly all night long.

Had a bit of trouble getting switched around rooms, but the staff was very friendly and made it as easy as possible. Locker space was sufficient for one backpack. Rooms were a bit on the warm side, but not unbearable.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Such a perfect hostel for a short visit to Prague. The location was incredible and the rooms were big and clean. There was a huge locker to fit my small suitcase in, beds were comfy and we even had our own shower ensuite which made a difference. The wifi only really worked on floors 1 and 2 but was quick when you managed to get a signal. Would highly recommend this hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5