Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

great location with good staff,very helpful....everything important to see is very close, bars and restaurants steps away from the hostel entrance

I liked the hostel a lot. It had everything I needed and they provided breakfast and you could also get a sandwich that you could take with you for later in the day if you wanted. The staff were nice and the place was clean.

Amazing location, walking distance to everything. Near by metro.

• 13th Oct 2014

I hadn't stayed in a hostel before, but my first experience with Prague Square was a positive one. There was a definite sense of community between the guests and the staff and plenty of pleasant mingling. The receptionists were able to give us advice and helped to put our group together even though we hadn't booked together. The dorms were not overly tight, the breakfast was edible, and I appreciated the retro decor. Plus, it was budget-friendly. I would book here again.

• 10th Oct 2014

Overall a good stay. My roommates and I stayed for three nights in the one of the 8 person mixed gender rooms. The beds were comfy, and check-in was easy. The only downside I experienced was that one of the company's other hostels had a "pipe-break" so they had to move people into our hostel. This meant more people were piled onto our floor (so we couldn't walk across the room), and we weren't given any kind of heads up or notice...they just came in in the middle of the night. Great location!

• 9th Oct 2014

The hostel is perfectly situated! The staff was super nice and helpful. Jeremy at reception was amazing. He went over and beyond to help me and gave me lots of tips not only but Prague but other countries i was going to as well! Definitely try the at least one pub crawl they are awesome.

• 7th Oct 2014

Location is perfect. Not many social activities during the night.

Great hostel! 2 minute walk from old town square. The staff are friendly and helpful The breakfast is basic and they give you free sandwiches when you leave for the day. Perfect hostel for the price!!

Reception woman was guide unfriendly. Seemed to take pleasure in what she could not do for one. Pretty noisy but with earplugs that was OK. It is advertised as a.pace for young people and that's OK but I think some of the staff use their inexperience to get into a bullying mode that is unpleasant.

This place is livable at best for the price you pay, but I would not recommend this hostel. The staff split our group of three up, sending two to their sister hostel across the square and were unbelievably rude when I asked to be moved as well. The breakfast was just cereal and a sandwich, the kitchen was a disaster, and when i returned home from the Pub Crawl, the power was out and we could not use the keypad to get in. The wifi did not work well in the dorm, but the lockers were useful.

If you want to sleep at night, this is not the best place (even w/ ear plugs and a sleep mask). Proximity to everything Prague may bring in party crowds, but it's also ideal for sightseers. Staff was hit and miss, one guy was abrupt but the girl the next morning was very helpful. Quarters are tight, but beds are comfy. Lockers are big enough for big backpacks and they give you a key (with a refundable deposit). Breakfast is a sandwich, but it's free. Overall, not bad but may try somewhere else.

Great localization, and the Hostel is very good. I could make good friends, met nice people.

Area is very noisy (being near the centre of the city), but the hostel do provide free earplugs. Showers need a little extra cubicle attached for privacy, security and safety however.

Everyone was super helpful, the staff was really friendly, and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Great location decent wifi clean facilities and friendly helpful staff makes it a decent hostel would stay there again. Only downside is that it is quite quiet but staff have great advice on pub crawls and good sites to see.

Stayed with 3 friends and really had a great time. Very informative, helpful, friendly staff.

• 26th Sep 2014

top location, a little noisy, but o.k.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Austria

good hostel in a good location, great tours and pub crawl.

I loved staying at Prague Square Hostel.There is 24 hour reception which is knowledgeable, helpful, and very friendly, there is a security code to get inside, and the door is monitored by reception, the rooms and bathrooms are clean.You really can't beat the location of this hostel,we didn't need to take any forms of public transportation once we arrived - we were able to walk everywhere.It was a little noisy at night, but that makes sense since you are right downtown. They provide earplugs!

• 23rd Sep 2014

Great hostel! fantastic location! highly recommended

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7