Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

A few things about this hostel: the directions here on HW are very vague. I had to find wifi so I can google map it once I got into town. Protip: do this at your last known point of reliable wifi. Also, there's next to no security; i had some hostel mates bring back a bunch of randoms from the bar. Keep your stuff locked up (locker included when you pay, which was nice). It's noisy. Don't expect to get much sleep. Wouldn't stay here again. Friendly staff, free sandwich for breakfast.

The best thing about the hostel is the location. The wifi works really good and the beds are decently comfortable. The staff were mediocre and not overly friendly or helpful and the breakfast wasn't good but there are lots of places to eat around the hostel. The showers have zero privacy but the shower/washroom facilities were very clean. Amazing nightlife around the hostel, though it can be loud outside at night but the hostel provides earplugs which is nice! Overall I would recommend:)

Choose only for location

Great location just minutes away from the old square. Unfortunately it's in a very noisy street and despite the free earplug provided it's not easy to have a good sleep

• 8th Aug 2014

Great place to stay ! Very well located and convenient. Would highly recommend !

• 7th Aug 2014

The previous tenant of my bed had obviously vomited all over the carpet. The room smelt like gross-wet. The cleaners would come in every day to scrub the area, so the smell was subsiding over time, but it was still gross. Obviously not the hostels fault, but im sure there are more effective ways to imediately get vomit stains and smells out of carpet. Otherwise loved the place! Will be going back!!! The staff were amazing!!!!

• 5th Aug 2014

Had a little spat with one of the staff, but otherwise, good place. Would stay here again!

Had a bad experience in this hostel. Had stayed in other hostels in other major cities and had always been satisfied. Fellow travelers in this hostels could swap rooms and sleep with others and did things that make you uncomfortable

Beds pretty bad, Prague has changed into a "party town" so if you just want to go get drunk and be near the pubs, go here. If you really want to tour and see historical sights and get a good nite sleep.. DO NOT GO HERE!

• 29th Jul 2014

The staff was amazing!!! However, this is a very old building with old amenities. I'd recommend Mosaic over Prague square. I had a 4 night reservation and left after 1 night because the hostel was so dumpy for the money.

• 25th Jul 2014

Place was excellent although the old town in Prague is a ripping off place with too many tourists. Eventhough i liked this hostel i'm going to book a place outside the old town.

We arrived at the Hostel, and it was overbooked, so they sent us to Old Prague Hostel, which is further away. Old Prague Hostel was average... we had horrible dorm mates, but I guess they can't do anything about that. Overall an average experience, staff was nice.

The desk guy tried to charge us extra for coming in as a large group, then he tried to charge us extra for his overtime. The doors to the bedrooms were next to impossible to open. And the entrance door had the easiest code 6060#. Over all we had a pretty bad stay

• 24th Jul 2014

The ambiance in the hostel was great! All the people that stayed in the hostel were really sociable. Also the staff was very nice, would always be patient and answer your questions. I went on the pub crawl, on which I had a blast! The only thing I wasn't too happy about was the kitchen. There was no option to put food in the fridge or in a cupboard and if you did it would be gone the next day. Eaten by other people or thrown out by the cleaner.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Great location. Helpful staff. Right next to old town square. Only criticism is that the room can be loud if the room is facing the alley as there is a bar that breeds noise.

Very likable place ! A little missing of space, in the common room especially. Showers are too much plain.

• 22nd Jul 2014

The hostel was poorly organised with people having to check out and swap rooms. Administration should sort out room allocation so that people are not constantly having to move. Bed was very uncomfortable- probably the worst I've slept in. The location is the real draw card for this hostel but I would not stay again.

• 22nd Jul 2014

The price was low, but this was reflected in the quality of care. Despite emailing months in advance about sharing a room with friends, and an email being received confirming this was possible, we were put in different rooms on separate floors. Added to this we had to change rooms half way through, of great in convenience and being a main factor in my room mate temporarily losing her wash bag. The hostel should have made more effort to respect that we had asked to share, with plenty of notice.

• 21st Jul 2014

They booked up my room, so I had to move to a sister hostel with no refunds given. Breakfast was cardboard tasting cereal with sour warm milk and bad coffee. Towel they give you is only a hand towel. Mattress was as thin as a yoga mat. And to top it off I got bed bug bites from there. Don't stay here!

The staff were so lovely and friendly they made my stay really enjoyable.

• 20th Jul 2014