Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

The desk guy tried to charge us extra for coming in as a large group, then he tried to charge us extra for his overtime. The doors to the bedrooms were next to impossible to open. And the entrance door had the easiest code 6060#. Over all we had a pretty bad stay

• 24th Jul 2014

Great location. Helpful staff. Right next to old town square. Only criticism is that the room can be loud if the room is facing the alley as there is a bar that breeds noise.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Very likable place ! A little missing of space, in the common room especially. Showers are too much plain.

• 22nd Jul 2014

The hostel was poorly organised with people having to check out and swap rooms. Administration should sort out room allocation so that people are not constantly having to move. Bed was very uncomfortable- probably the worst I've slept in. The location is the real draw card for this hostel but I would not stay again.

• 22nd Jul 2014

The price was low, but this was reflected in the quality of care. Despite emailing months in advance about sharing a room with friends, and an email being received confirming this was possible, we were put in different rooms on separate floors. Added to this we had to change rooms half way through, of great in convenience and being a main factor in my room mate temporarily losing her wash bag. The hostel should have made more effort to respect that we had asked to share, with plenty of notice.

• 21st Jul 2014

The staff were so lovely and friendly they made my stay really enjoyable.

• 20th Jul 2014

It was one of the Worst stays at any accommodation. I arrived late on Sunday night, and even though I had a booking at Prague Square Hostel for 4 nights. I came there only on the 2nd night./ They didnt have a place for me, and on the spot shifted me to another hostel. This happened after midnight. I had walked an hour to their hostel, and then was forced to drag my baggage for another half an hour. In the new place, Old Prague Hostel, the reception ppl overcharged me.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • India

Great hostel with an absolutely brilliant location. The staff were incredible and very friendly. All you really need for a cheap hostel for a couple of nights.

Here's my story: if you stay here, google directions because the directions on here are absolutely terrible. We didn't google because it sounded simple, except the train station you get off at has at least 5 different exits that could lead you many diff ways that will get you lost (for two hours...after traveling all day). Then when you get there, they will transfer you to a sister hostel (which they didn't email or forewarn you about) and then say its super easy to get to but just...continued..

Great location, clean hostel, and nice facilities. One of the best hostels I stayed in during my tour around Europe. Only slight complaint is that I had hoped more people would use the common room, it was usually quite empty. Although the events such as the free walking tour and pub crawl were awesome

Good location, but an outdated hostel with not much atmosphere, main issues were the ratio of bathrooms-guests in certain areas and heat in the rooms at night, as well as very unreliable and slow wifi which made booking things quite difficult. the 'breakfast' also leaves a bit to be desired, but the roll/sandwich they supply is a good idea, perhaps extend the breakfast hours or move it to the kitchen area as there was not actually enough space for people to eat in the morning.

We were two friends (girls) visiting Prague for a week. The place offered good value for money with great facilities and services. Super central and easy to access. Very nice staff. Perfect for students.

• 13th Jul 2014

Without a doubt the perfect location. Class value for money and the extras are given for free e.g ear plugs (needed!), towels, breakfast. Would definitely go again.

It is the best hostel I've been to so far. Super central location. Clean, cozy rooms,but quite noisy at night if you re staying at one overlooking the street - the hostel offers free earplugs for you to get a good night s sleep though. Dormer have their own shower which is very convenient. Kitchen is medium sized but extremely welcoming and never too cramped. Free breakfast is another pro + staff is really helpful and polite. Would definitely stay here again.

This place is PERFECT!!!!

Pros: -location is directly in the middle of the Old City and you have access to everything it's clean and they supply you with bedding and a lock for an in-room locker -the bathrooms are clean -free breakfast Cons: -it's very noisy all throughout the night because the location is so central that you can hear people outside -free breakfast but it's just 2 big bowls of cereal you can help yourself to and juice

Really enjoyed my stay, great facilities and staff and plenty of activities in a chilled out atmosphere. Only thing that wasn't great was the cleanliness of the bed clothes and the overwhelming smell of bleach when the cleaners were working. Less chemicals, more attention to the washing of bedclothes please. Big secure spacious lockers in rooms provided.

The staff and location were outstanding.

Very friendly and helpful staff! Really, really noisy! No AC, open windows.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

We stayed there for 2 nights in a 5-persons room. Rooms were very basic and clean. Minors : - very noisy at night (but you know it when you choose for this location) - only 1 shower for the men per floor - beds make a lot of noise Pro's : - location !!! - Very clean - staff is very kind and helpful - price/quality --> very good When i go back to Prague I will definitely book this hostel again

• 2nd Jul 2014