Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

Great location but not very clean. The bathrooms are very small and uncomfortable. The location is really very good, but if you are looking for a quiet place, there is not the place for you. Being right in the middle of the city's party, people come screaming and knocking on doors all the time. They only accept cash and Czech Crown. As we only had euros, wanted to leave the euro and exchange the next morning, but the staff did not accept and made us walk more than 1 km when we arrived at 1am to

Highly recommend this hostel! The location is amazing and the ability to book tours from reception made my trip so convenient and worthwhile. Staff was helpful but not overly friendly. Make sure to do the Prague pub crawl, best $20 I spent the whole trip!

Our hostel stay was amazing. The location is awesome and allows you to move around the city quickly. It's right int he center, so going out is even better. The staff is really friendly. You can hang out at the hostel even after you have checked out, so if you have a night bus (like we did), they are really chill about letting you rest there before leaving. Their facilities are super clean and always organized.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Belgium

The 1st night I stay in a mix dormitory, I am the only guy. One of the girl who came back later to the room seems surprise with my present and that this is a mix dormitory. It was kind of an awkward and funny moment trying to explain and convince her that I am in the right room. I think is best if the reception staff can give a reminder to the check in people, especially females that this is a mix dormitory hostel.

You cannot beat this price and this location. You are smack dab in the middle of everything important that you need to see and not far from the train station. There wasn't a girls shower on our floor so we had to go up a level which was annoying but it was 9$ a night so I'll walk up a floor if I have to. Neat place and have loads of recommendations. gibsongirlguidetotheworld.com

I was really happy with my stay at Prague Square Hostel, and I'll sum it up with one anecdote: My friends and I were staying for only 2 nights in Prague so when we left early in the morning to journey to a different city I completely forgot a small bag of mine filled with clothes. I emailed Prague Square Hostel and wondered if there was any way they could send it to my address in Spain - they did, free of charge. That gesture was only one of the best parts of my trip.

• 30th Mar 2015

This hostel was great! It was a 1 minute walk to the Prague square and all the touristy stuff are in walking distance I didn't have to take public transportation for anything except going to the airport!! The rooms are okay enough outlets in my room for the 8 people and there are individual lockers for everyone inside the rooms. Bathrooms are pretty clean and showers were good! Wifi didn't work in the rooms but did in the lobby and common room. Breakfast was just cereal. Overall had a good stay!

Only 2 electric outlet in a 8 beds room No curtain in the room Nightclub next door you can't sleep No internet in the room Free toxic sandwiches

The Prague square hostel is great! Definitely would stay there again. The free walking tour was great! Shout out to Derek for being awesome. I feel like I learned a lot from the tour. The breakfast and lunches aren't anything special but they are very nice.

The location is perfect, the staff is very friendly and helpfull..

i have absouluetly loved the hostel. The location was perfect and the stuff was super nice and looked like they love what they are doing! Even though the hostel is pretty old it was clean and nice and we felt home

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Our group was under the impression that there was a bar in this hostel since we searched using that as one of our criteria. However, we were disappointed to discover that there was not an operating bar when we went in late March.

The breakfast it´s poor, the location it´s good but it´s too many loud at night that sometimes disturbs your sleep. When you pay in Euro, thay say that you have to change in Czech Crown in a value higher than the places that change money --"

Starting from the location to the interiors, PSH made me feel like a trip to the 80s. Hygiene was the most important factor considering it was my first time staying in a hostel, but PSH had pretty good standards of cleanliness. The wi fi was a bit dodgy, but other than that, everything was just amazing. Also love the folks at the Reception who were extremely warm and welcoming, and also informative. Definitely would suggest any backpacker this hostel.

Overall, I did pay next to nothing for this hostel because it was so cheap but the price I paid was definitely because of the quality of the place. There was construction outside of the hostel at 7 in the morning that prevented anyone from getting much sleep. Obviously, that really isn't the hostel'a fault and they can't do much about it but it just sucked. The one thing I have to say though is that the hostel smelled terrible. In certain places, it literally smelled like straight up toilets.

Bunk beds in rooms are very lightweight. Any movement and the whole bed would move, and possibly fall apart.

It is really value for money hostel, because it was very cheap and the location is perfect, right next to the central square of Prague. The staff was friendly and the girl on the reception was ready to give instructions and to answer all the questions. Breakfast was included and it was nice too. I paid only 13 euro for 4-bed room, it was very calm. But the main disadvantage was that there were no hot water in bathroom.

Super noisy street and very uncomfortable bed - supe thin mattress over slats that were uneven. Also no hot water at night.... it may have been that the hostel was super busy with schools and students but then you should be able to provide enough hot water throghout the day!

Typically there is not a chair or table in the room nor is there any type of shelf near one's bed in which to place eyeglasses, phone's, clocks, meds, etc which one needs to access during the night. Due to an Infrastructure problem I had to be relocated to a sister hostel. The staff could not have been nicer about the situation and indeed, had a backup plan for such an eventuality. Congrats to the personnel!

I can't rate or comment this hostel. By the time I got there, they changed me to another hostel saying that a pipe was broken in the room that I was supposed to stay.i