Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

I have a mixed review for this hostel. The first two nights I stayed there, I thought it was amazing. For my third night, I had to change rooms. With this room change, I was moved up to the fourth floor where the wifi did not reach my room and the top bunk beds do not have a railing. Other than that, I found the hostel to be very nice - always kept clean - and in a very good location.

• 10th Jun 2015

good hostel. annoying however that upon arrival we were told that there were no credit card machines, and cash was the only way to pay (this was not stated on their website etc.). also had a poor encounter with management regarding the 8th occupant of our room, who was not part of our group.

• 9th Jun 2015

it was great but they had a mix up with the rooms and moved us and another group a couple times

Met some really nice people here. Showers and rooms are decent. Wifi by the reception is good. Good location and good staff

Perfectly located, never touched any transit. Good big lockers, not the best kitchen, and the lounge room felt disconnected, didn't really meet anyone in the hostel. Friendly staff, decent facilities.

I really enjoyed this hostel because it was in the perfect location close to everything, the facilities were great, and they have the best pub crawl I've ever been on. I highly recommend this place.

very small kitchen, good location close to town square and clock. rooms clean, WiFi cut out intermittently

Great location, awesome staff, the hostel was filled with super friendly young people (most within the18-24 range), and the free things (breakfast, sandwich that I saved for lunch, towels, shower gel, all sorts of stuff) that are included in the stay make this my favorite hostel experience.

Had an awesome time, central location is absolutely perfect, staff are great and hugely helpful. It has everything you could want

Top location, close to the heart of the oldtown. But very loud, because of tourist traffic at day and night in front of hostel. Very clean rooms, showers and so. Breakfest is also good. Offered tourist program (city tour and pub crawl) are ok. Only city tour w/o visiting charles bridge and wenzelsplace could be improved, but nothing to do with the hostel.

Very central location and easily accessible from the subway. The staff were very friendly and had pretty much anything you needed (hair dryer, towel, earplugs). The rooms are small with bunk beds but it's okay. The wifi connection was great and worked well in the rooms. Showers and bathrooms are small. The street is also very loud especially on the weekends. Overall a good hostel!

The Hostel was one of the nicest I've ever been to. The location is perfect, right at the center and not too far from the train station. The view from the room itself was amazing, the interior authentic and in good shape, very clean, big bathrooms, and the staff super nice. I would recommend this hostel and stay there again if I ever plan to visit Prague again.

• 4th Jun 2015

If you are a light sleeper, the hostel is not for you. This is not because of the atmosphere of the hostel, it is no major party hostel, but the area is very loud, and there is no air conditioning. That said, we all slept fine on average-to-bad beds, and highly enjoyed the central location allowing us to go quickly to nearly everywhere we wanted.

FIRST TIME TO STAY HERE.FOUND THE ROOMS VERY CRAMPED BUT EVERYTHING ELSE WAS OK.THE LADY ON THE RECEPTION WAS VERY HELPFUL.

Really good hostel about 30 seconds from the Astronomical Clock in the old town. Nice breakfast with a sandwich you could save for lunch, clean rooms, small bathrooms, computer access, big lockers in the rooms. Bring ear plugs if you don't plan on drinking/passing out yourself since it is quite loud until the wee hours of the night.

Lots of leering drunk kids

• 3rd Jun 2015

There was a problem with our room and we ended up having to move hotels to a super close one. The staff was very apologetic and it wasn't bad at all. Sister hostel was nice, not a lot of room to walk in the 8-bed but no big complaints!

The hostel was great the beds were super comfortable the rooms clean and the staff exceptionally helpful. We had a great time here and would recommend it to others

• 2nd Jun 2015

Very good! 15-20 minutes from train station. Breakfast is good. Staff is very helpful. Strongly recommended

The atmosphere is great, and the staff gives many tip's advice where & when to do