Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

It is the best hostel I've been to so far. Super central location. Clean, cozy rooms,but quite noisy at night if you re staying at one overlooking the street - the hostel offers free earplugs for you to get a good night s sleep though. Dormer have their own shower which is very convenient. Kitchen is medium sized but extremely welcoming and never too cramped. Free breakfast is another pro + staff is really helpful and polite. Would definitely stay here again.

This place is PERFECT!!!!

Pros: -location is directly in the middle of the Old City and you have access to everything it's clean and they supply you with bedding and a lock for an in-room locker -the bathrooms are clean -free breakfast Cons: -it's very noisy all throughout the night because the location is so central that you can hear people outside -free breakfast but it's just 2 big bowls of cereal you can help yourself to and juice

Really enjoyed my stay, great facilities and staff and plenty of activities in a chilled out atmosphere. Only thing that wasn't great was the cleanliness of the bed clothes and the overwhelming smell of bleach when the cleaners were working. Less chemicals, more attention to the washing of bedclothes please. Big secure spacious lockers in rooms provided.

The staff and location were outstanding.

Very friendly and helpful staff! Really, really noisy! No AC, open windows.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

We stayed there for 2 nights in a 5-persons room. Rooms were very basic and clean. Minors : - very noisy at night (but you know it when you choose for this location) - only 1 shower for the men per floor - beds make a lot of noise Pro's : - location !!! - Very clean - staff is very kind and helpful - price/quality --> very good When i go back to Prague I will definitely book this hostel again

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Belgium

The hostel was in a great location, close to all the main sites and sounds of Prague. The cleaning staff were exceptional and were very considerate when doing their job. I would love to stay there again.

The best thing is the nearnest to Old Town Square

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

This one of the best hostel I've seen so far. Perfect location, lockers for backpacks in the rooms. Showers in the rooms. Computers room, nice kitchen, breakfast. Staff is really helpful and friendly, especially Ian. He answered all my questions and also called a taxi for me the morning I left as I knew Prague taxis are quite dodgy. The only problem is that the street below is very loud. Sometimes falling asleep is kind of tough as people shout in the streets very loudly all night long.

Had a bit of trouble getting switched around rooms, but the staff was very friendly and made it as easy as possible. Locker space was sufficient for one backpack. Rooms were a bit on the warm side, but not unbearable.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Such a perfect hostel for a short visit to Prague. The location was incredible and the rooms were big and clean. There was a huge locker to fit my small suitcase in, beds were comfy and we even had our own shower ensuite which made a difference. The wifi only really worked on floors 1 and 2 but was quick when you managed to get a signal. Would highly recommend this hostel!

Great location for young travelers, perfect location amazing staff, lots of noise from the street so they give out ear plugs i would only go to this hostel if i ever went back to prague

Very happy with the hospitality/ A little bit noisy at night but I expect that couldn't be avoided.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

All in all a pretty standard hostel-- wide range of guests from families to stag/hen parties. It's a great location but it's very loud at night and with no air conditioning the windows need to be opened which makes for a loud evening... but don't worry it quiets down around 4am!

Awesome location and great staff! My only complaints were the noise (yelling and such) until 4 am one night, and I suggest that the pillows and comforters be changed out. They seemed really old and lumpy. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

Very nice price for that location. The staff was very friendly and we fell in love with Prague under our stay

The location is excellent, it is near (walking distance) from all interesting places. The only bad thing is that when I made the reservation you told me that it had parking place but unfortunately that´s not true. With the amount I paid for the private parking I could have stayed in a better hostel or even a hotel.

The only negative that room too small

The lock of the room was hard to open with the room key and I was surprised that the bathroom for girls could be easily accessed by anyone (if possible) because the main door is unlocked and there are dorms for guys at next door. I felt so insecure when I was showering because the shower room was translucent.