Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

This was a great hostel especially, for the price. The location was amazing, 5-10 minute walk from over half of Prague's greatest attractions. They provided large lockers so I was able to lock up all my belongings each day. The only complaint is that we were not aware the remaining balance for the room had to be paid in cash, as they had no card machine. Other than that, great hostel, I recommend!

• 16th Oct 2015

It may be a bit of a luxury for hostels, but more water pressure for the hot water in the showers would be great.

The decoration is very nice.

Nice clean place, friendly staff. All the essentials in the center of town.

Situated in a good area! Although not the most friendly hostel I've stayed in so wouldn't recommend it to single travellers as it's hard to meet people here. Also we only booked for 2 nights and had to move rooms after one night even though i had booked the stay months in advance which I did not think was fair! If not we were told we would have been separated so just watch out for this!

It was a big WOW to me to stay here in August. I didn't expect the building looks like a 4* hotel or a luxury ancient villa. Rayan, the manger is super nice, very helpful. He's the best hostel/hotel staff ever I've met.

One staff member was a little rude but everyone else was helpful, or at least honest in their lack of travel advice. Awesome location and free breakfast and sandwich went a longway.

My friend and I loved the hostel especially one of the hosts (name starts with a "J" but I can't remember!) but he is originally from Mexico City and was super helpful and kind! He should get a bonus :) We also loved Chris who was our tour guide in the city. He was hilarious and a great storyteller. I learned so about Prague from him. Even with switching us last minute because of a burst pipe, my friend and I were very very satisfied with the hostel. Thank you!

• 29th Sep 2015

Super friendly helpful people. Located right where you want to be.

This was my first hostel stay and overall it was nice. The first night was extremely loud and our roommates were very inconsiderate, but everyone we met after that night was very friendly and polite. Breakfast could be improved, but the staff was amazing and very helpful.

• 26th Sep 2015

Excellent location and very nice room

• Argentina

Very friendy staff, excellent location. Thanks!

Staff in the afternoon was not friendly. He did not explain how much 1 euro was equivalent to Korun (Czech currency). He just asked the customer to pay with the number he wrote (in Korun). It was not fair. It was kind of annoying. Furthermore, he did not say hello to the customer enthusiastically because of his unpleasant face

• Vietnam

Prague Square Hostel was in a great location with it being an easy walk to restaurants, bars and sightseeing. However, we did have a few issues. First of all our six bed room only had 3 outlets. Our other slight issue was the showers. They are very small and have nowhere to place your things and somewhat see through. Lastly, which bothered me most, was the cleaning lady. We were running a little behind checking out and she came in and yelled at us and was extremely rude.

It was my first time in a hostile and it was wonderful. The staff are nice, friendly and accommodating. The room was ok for five but it really didn't matter because I just slept there. I made a few life long friends there and with that said I really enjoyed my time there and will return.

The staff & the location were a big plus. They were very helpful & you can't beat the location, as it is right next to the town square. It gets a little noisy, but they offer free earplugs at the front desk.

Correct price and facilities. Worth it staying here for young travellers. The best location of Prague. Neat, cozy. Little bit noisy out of windows because of its location in the center but not bad considering its price,facilities and location.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • South Korea

The location was great....lots of places to grab food/drink right outside the door and directly in the area (or a short walk) of lots of Prague's main attractions. However, the atmosphere was a flop. I was in a dorm room and chatted with all those staying there but the common area is poorly located and not social. Also, the free breakfast is pretty poor...sugar cereal and a very bready sandwich. Staff was nice and helpful though.

When making the reservation they should emphasize if the rooms are for men, women, mixed.... because it only mentions "persons"

• 21st Sep 2015
  • El Salvador

This review is actually for the old Prague hostel as we were moved there upon checking into Prague square hostel due to water damage. The lack of prior notice was disappointing considering the hostel had my contact information. The biggest problem was the lack of atmosphere and the poor location in comparison to the Prague square hostel as it is further from the old square and other sights/nightlife. Security was great, beds and showers fine too. Shame as previously enjoyed the Prague square.