Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

Clean, colorful dorms. Great location. Free WiFi and breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. I fully recommend for anyone in the area!

This was a great hostel! The staff was very friendly and helpful and there were plenty of suggestions if you were looking for something to do. The free waking tour was loads of fun. The beds were very comfortable and the location is great if you are looking for something central. One thing to keep in mind is that Prague gets a little crazy friday nights so it's hard to sleep. Lots of shouting outside of my window, but that's a minor trade off for being so close.

Great location, staff were really nice. We got free breakfast and free sandwiches to take with us for a picnic. Lots of info up about things to do and see. Luggage storage was safe and easy to sort out.

- staff was very supportive and recommended us several great locations and places - the common atmosphere there was fantastic. so many different people from different places in the same hostel, just having an adorable time in Prague. that's how it should be. - free wlan, free breakfast, towels... you could ask the reception for anything (even a coffee!). just perfect!

• 17th Apr 2015

Staff were generally helpful good location, the staff responded to my emails promptly

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Wales

I had a pretty good short stay here. It was pretty typical compared to many other hostels I've stayed in. It's right near the main square, there's bunk beds, showers, wifi, and an ok breakfast (can't really complain since its free). Anyone looking for more should probably look elsewhere. Expect to hear a lot of rowdy drunk crowds yelling outside throughout the night.

Please make an option to borrow some extension cords. So all room mates can charge their gadgets and take them to their bunks.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Russia

Location is excellent, staff extremely helpful with directions for the city`s routes, sights and restaurants.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Croatia

when I arrived the hostel was flooded and I wasn't able to stay. I was told to go to another place which was nightmarish to find. After wandering the streets for hours, I went back and begged the receptionist to show me where my alternative place was. Not Prague Square Hostel's finest hour.

• 9th Apr 2015

Great Location!!! Very Helpful Staff! Everything else was average.

Great location but not very clean. The bathrooms are very small and uncomfortable. The location is really very good, but if you are looking for a quiet place, there is not the place for you. Being right in the middle of the city's party, people come screaming and knocking on doors all the time. They only accept cash and Czech Crown. As we only had euros, wanted to leave the euro and exchange the next morning, but the staff did not accept and made us walk more than 1 km when we arrived at 1am to

Highly recommend this hostel! The location is amazing and the ability to book tours from reception made my trip so convenient and worthwhile. Staff was helpful but not overly friendly. Make sure to do the Prague pub crawl, best $20 I spent the whole trip!

Our hostel stay was amazing. The location is awesome and allows you to move around the city quickly. It's right int he center, so going out is even better. The staff is really friendly. You can hang out at the hostel even after you have checked out, so if you have a night bus (like we did), they are really chill about letting you rest there before leaving. Their facilities are super clean and always organized.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Belgium

The 1st night I stay in a mix dormitory, I am the only guy. One of the girl who came back later to the room seems surprise with my present and that this is a mix dormitory. It was kind of an awkward and funny moment trying to explain and convince her that I am in the right room. I think is best if the reception staff can give a reminder to the check in people, especially females that this is a mix dormitory hostel.

You cannot beat this price and this location. You are smack dab in the middle of everything important that you need to see and not far from the train station. There wasn't a girls shower on our floor so we had to go up a level which was annoying but it was 9$ a night so I'll walk up a floor if I have to. Neat place and have loads of recommendations. gibsongirlguidetotheworld.com

I was really happy with my stay at Prague Square Hostel, and I'll sum it up with one anecdote: My friends and I were staying for only 2 nights in Prague so when we left early in the morning to journey to a different city I completely forgot a small bag of mine filled with clothes. I emailed Prague Square Hostel and wondered if there was any way they could send it to my address in Spain - they did, free of charge. That gesture was only one of the best parts of my trip.

• 30th Mar 2015

This hostel was great! It was a 1 minute walk to the Prague square and all the touristy stuff are in walking distance I didn't have to take public transportation for anything except going to the airport!! The rooms are okay enough outlets in my room for the 8 people and there are individual lockers for everyone inside the rooms. Bathrooms are pretty clean and showers were good! Wifi didn't work in the rooms but did in the lobby and common room. Breakfast was just cereal. Overall had a good stay!

Only 2 electric outlet in a 8 beds room No curtain in the room Nightclub next door you can't sleep No internet in the room Free toxic sandwiches

The Prague square hostel is great! Definitely would stay there again. The free walking tour was great! Shout out to Derek for being awesome. I feel like I learned a lot from the tour. The breakfast and lunches aren't anything special but they are very nice.

The location is perfect, the staff is very friendly and helpfull..