Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

This one of the best hostel I've seen so far. Perfect location, lockers for backpacks in the rooms. Showers in the rooms. Computers room, nice kitchen, breakfast. Staff is really helpful and friendly, especially Ian. He answered all my questions and also called a taxi for me the morning I left as I knew Prague taxis are quite dodgy. The only problem is that the street below is very loud. Sometimes falling asleep is kind of tough as people shout in the streets very loudly all night long.

Had a bit of trouble getting switched around rooms, but the staff was very friendly and made it as easy as possible. Locker space was sufficient for one backpack. Rooms were a bit on the warm side, but not unbearable.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Such a perfect hostel for a short visit to Prague. The location was incredible and the rooms were big and clean. There was a huge locker to fit my small suitcase in, beds were comfy and we even had our own shower ensuite which made a difference. The wifi only really worked on floors 1 and 2 but was quick when you managed to get a signal. Would highly recommend this hostel!

Great location for young travelers, perfect location amazing staff, lots of noise from the street so they give out ear plugs i would only go to this hostel if i ever went back to prague

Very happy with the hospitality/ A little bit noisy at night but I expect that couldn't be avoided.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

All in all a pretty standard hostel-- wide range of guests from families to stag/hen parties. It's a great location but it's very loud at night and with no air conditioning the windows need to be opened which makes for a loud evening... but don't worry it quiets down around 4am!

Awesome location and great staff! My only complaints were the noise (yelling and such) until 4 am one night, and I suggest that the pillows and comforters be changed out. They seemed really old and lumpy. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

Very nice price for that location. The staff was very friendly and we fell in love with Prague under our stay

The location is excellent, it is near (walking distance) from all interesting places. The only bad thing is that when I made the reservation you told me that it had parking place but unfortunately that´s not true. With the amount I paid for the private parking I could have stayed in a better hostel or even a hotel.

The only negative that room too small

The lock of the room was hard to open with the room key and I was surprised that the bathroom for girls could be easily accessed by anyone (if possible) because the main door is unlocked and there are dorms for guys at next door. I felt so insecure when I was showering because the shower room was translucent.

It is great to live in. You can save a lot of transport cost as it is very near the most visit places

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Vietnam

The location is excelente, the problem is that for example in a 5 bed rooms, it was 2 bunk bed and 1 matriss on the roof.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Peru

Only complaint is about the noise but that to be expected being in the city center. Room was great, facilities were great staff were always helpful and happy. The internet was the best I've had in a hostel yet too :D Will be back for sure

• 11th Jun 2014

This hostel falsely advertises parking, which is a huge disappointment when you've booked it specifically because you know you're traveling by car. They also demand payment in cash in the local currency, which is fine, but somehow based on their exchange rate we ended up paying more (in euro) than the price we'd booked at. The staff was totally apathetic and denied responsibility when I tried to discuss these issues. Would not recommend.

Prague Square Hostel is in one of the best locations in Prague. It is right in the center of everything you could think to do. Was a part of the pub crawl that they advertise for here and it was one of the best crawls I have been on in Europe! The one downside was that there was no A/C and not even a fan.. Having been there in the summer, it was about 90+ degrees (fahrenheit) and the nights were also very hot.. Other than that it was a great place to stay in Prague!

Good staff and very central.also clean

Everything about his hostel is great. Only problem is that they don't have air conditioning, and we were there when it was in the 90's and humid. Couldn't sleep one night it was so hot

The staff is very nice and helpful. Big common area, good for resting. Breakfast is fair not very special. Rooms are clean and tidy. Good homestay experience!

I really enjoyed my stay! The staff was great, really nice guys and are always there to help you. The only problem was other guests, so many loud people, however in my room it was fine. Lockers in the room (I appreciate this). Excellent facilities, I think the hostel was fully booked but I never had a problem to find a place for a shower or a free toilette. Breakfast is not the best I've ever had but fair enough.