Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

Unfortunately 1 of our party had major surgery in Munich on their intestine which meant I had to stay behind. We made the hostel aware of the situation in advance and asked to reduce the beds we wanted to 3 because the other members were going to keep travelling. (We got acknowledgement from the hostel that only 3 beds were needed). Once the other members got to the hostel they checked in and went into their room only for 5 minutes later being told there was a problem and kicked out the hostel.

Excellent location! The staff were pretty friendly, I would definitely recommend. Free breakfast is always a plus. The only weird thing was there was no women's showers on my floor, but you just had to go up or down a floor, which was no big deal at all.

The location of this hostel is the only really good thing about it. There is no a/c (it was in the upper 30s our whole stay), the wifi only works in the common rooms, the breakfast was only cereal (one of our group members is lactose intolerant), and while they do offer free walking tours, they weren't clear on where to meet them and the tour left without us. If you're looking for a very basic backpacking hostel in a fabulous location, this is your place. Otherwise, stay somewhere better.

Good location, very close to old town square which is always busy which meant noisy nights and that makes it a bit difficult to get a good sleep. Overall it was a good experience in the hostel. Good value for money especially the central location.

Small stuffy rooms, no air con, noisy, women's showers are almost unusable due to small size and there is no privacy when showering. Very funky hostel and not in a good way. Helpful friendly staff.

What I found was that the wifi sucked (not in rooms or on floors higher than 2) so instead of people being social in the common spaces, they were getting the wifi. I met about 2 people in my 4 days which was quite disappointing

Lockers in the rooms, great location, so close to the main square and good clubs. Staff are consistently unfriendly however. Upon arrival we checked in with the woman with the shortest temper I have ever seen. The prospect of a group of 6 people paying separately, and sometimes in different currencies, baffled her. My friend was also verbally abused by a male member of staff for no reason other than "he has just started working here and isn't used to the night shift". Better hostels nearby.

Decent hostel in a great location but rooms are very small and the carpets do not seem to be very clean. It is extremely hot in the rooms at night in the summer as there is no air conditioning. Pros: the main desk is 24h and sells soft drinks, water and other snacks, wifi signal is excellent on the first two floors, the reception provides free towels.

it was amazing staying in the hostel. the staffs is good and helpful. the location of hostel was very awesome. you just had to bear noisy at night. other than that, it was perfect. i will stay in same hostel if i went to prague again :)

• 20th Jul 2015

We got moved to their sister hostel (old Prague hostel) which was further out but near nightclubs, the hostel was huge so couldn't really meet other fellow travellers. We got told off by reception for having our music on low at 10pm even though all 8 of us in the dorm were listening to it. There was only 1 female toilet on our floor and two showers, and men would use it when there's was full. Would not recommend!

The Location and the price were great! We stayed four nights, the first 3 in dorm 201, which is on the street site and so a little noisy. But it was good. For our last night we had to change rooms, which I found unfortunate, they didn't really appologize much about it. We changed to dorm 307 on the backside of the building which was more quiet. But it really smelled like someone peed on the carpet! Also the Wifi doesn't reach to the 3th floor. All in all, location and price was good.

Had a problem with our room so got put in the Prague Tyn sister hostel. Staff handled this well, had no issues, and gave us free breakfast and bottled water to compensate. Could do with more toilets/showers

Liked the location of the hostel and cool staff.

Hostel was very close to souvenir shops and the main tourist sites in Prague. Felt safe and the rooms were comfortable.

We were told by the hostel via email that they would accept euros on arrival however when we got there we were told that that was not the case and the staff member then proceeded to blame hostelworld for the mix up even though I had emailed the hostel directly to ask this specific question. The womens showers are litterally so small that you cant turn around in. The womens showers are also see through whereas the men have curtains to prevent this.

Location is perfect! Staff is very helpful and they serve breakfast + a lunch package. Met loads of cool Englishman in the hostel and had an awesome time in this beautiful city. Was one of the best hostels I stayed in on my trip through 15 countries, would recommend everyone this hostel!

My friend and I really enjoyed staying here. The staff helped us out when we were in a bind and they treated us with respect and kindness. The room was a little noisy but that was only because we were right next to the central square.

• 11th Jul 2015

The staff were really nice especially the irish guy who helped me out a lot on stuff to do! Place was very clean and people were so fruendly.

• 10th Jul 2015

This hostel is a stone's throw away from the old town square- the centre of all activities. Metro station is just 300 mtrs away. The hostel is very average but just for location i'd give it 5 stars. You use it for crashing anyway!

I was supposed to stay in Prague Square Hostel and arrived at 9pm off my plane when they told me that a water pipe had burst and they would have to move me to there sister hostel, Old Prague Histel. Obviously these things happen and I'm glad that they could till accomodate me. However when I got there I was put into a room and then went out to dinner and when I came back someone was sleeping in my bed and refused to move. Found out the room had been overbooked so had to move again at 1am.