Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

all great except maybe quilts and sheets

• 31st Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

After all this is a very good hostel

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Austria

Hostel so good for touring. Staff, too kind.

Good and cheap youth Hostel... We will come back again

• 24th Oct 2014

Amazing staff !

The location was perfect and the staff was super helpful and nice. The breakfast was simple but enough and I really liked that they also had a vegetarian option. I would definitely recommend this hostel for young travellers :)

Thumbs up for many additional items for free included. Kitchen could contain more dishes

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Lithuania

for me Prague Square Hostel is better from location coz it's near center of old town and also there's helpful staff on it,and for showering don't be worry always there's hot water

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Iraq

great location with good staff,very helpful....everything important to see is very close, bars and restaurants steps away from the hostel entrance

I liked the hostel a lot. It had everything I needed and they provided breakfast and you could also get a sandwich that you could take with you for later in the day if you wanted. The staff were nice and the place was clean.

Really affordable price for clean rooms, towels and breakfast. This was my second stay at this place and I would always recommend it to my friends. Breakfast is sporadic but good (the juice to put into the cornflakes is very good for me because I'm lactoseintolerant :) ) and the sandwiches are nice to take away.

Amazing location, walking distance to everything. Near by metro.

I hadn't stayed in a hostel before, but my first experience with Prague Square was a positive one. There was a definite sense of community between the guests and the staff and plenty of pleasant mingling. The receptionists were able to give us advice and helped to put our group together even though we hadn't booked together. The dorms were not overly tight, the breakfast was edible, and I appreciated the retro decor. Plus, it was budget-friendly. I would book here again.

Overall a good stay. My roommates and I stayed for three nights in the one of the 8 person mixed gender rooms. The beds were comfy, and check-in was easy. The only downside I experienced was that one of the company's other hostels had a "pipe-break" so they had to move people into our hostel. This meant more people were piled onto our floor (so we couldn't walk across the room), and we weren't given any kind of heads up or notice...they just came in in the middle of the night. Great location!

The hostel was good. The most unpleasant surprise in Prague was currencies exchange offices. These offices charged very high commission in exchanges. The commission was around 19%.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Mongolia

The hostel is perfectly situated! The staff was super nice and helpful. Jeremy at reception was amazing. He went over and beyond to help me and gave me lots of tips not only but Prague but other countries i was going to as well! Definitely try the at least one pub crawl they are awesome.

Location is perfect. Not many social activities during the night.

Great hostel! 2 minute walk from old town square. The staff are friendly and helpful The breakfast is basic and they give you free sandwiches when you leave for the day. Perfect hostel for the price!!

Reception woman was guide unfriendly. Seemed to take pleasure in what she could not do for one. Pretty noisy but with earplugs that was OK. It is advertised as a.pace for young people and that's OK but I think some of the staff use their inexperience to get into a bullying mode that is unpleasant.

Arrived to this hostel and was immediately told the power was not working so "Don't plug anything in" as well as the wireless was down. My friend and I splurged on a private room with en-suit and all the room had was a sink. The towels were stained and the size of hand towels so you could not even get out of the shower with out putting your clothing back on. The free breakfast consisted of stale cornflakes, a mayo/pickle sandwich, and you had to wash your own dishes. Only plus: awesome location