Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

Loved the location of this place - it's literally dead centre of prague. However the atmosphere is a bit lacking as the communal areas are small rooms littered around the kitchen. Internet was very sketchy in my room which there shouldn't really be any excuses for. However, the bathrooms were super clean and I loved the free take away rolls you get for lunch!

The previous tenant of my bed had obviously vomited all over the carpet. The room smelt like gross-wet. The cleaners would come in every day to scrub the area, so the smell was subsiding over time, but it was still gross. Obviously not the hostels fault, but im sure there are more effective ways to imediately get vomit stains and smells out of carpet. Otherwise loved the place! Will be going back!!! The staff were amazing!!!!

• 5th Aug 2014

Had a little spat with one of the staff, but otherwise, good place. Would stay here again!

Had a bad experience in this hostel. Had stayed in other hostels in other major cities and had always been satisfied. Fellow travelers in this hostels could swap rooms and sleep with others and did things that make you uncomfortable

hostel is good but too louder

Beds pretty bad, Prague has changed into a "party town" so if you just want to go get drunk and be near the pubs, go here. If you really want to tour and see historical sights and get a good nite sleep.. DO NOT GO HERE!

• 29th Jul 2014

The staff was amazing!!! However, this is a very old building with old amenities. I'd recommend Mosaic over Prague square. I had a 4 night reservation and left after 1 night because the hostel was so dumpy for the money.

• 25th Jul 2014

Place was excellent although the old town in Prague is a ripping off place with too many tourists. Eventhough i liked this hostel i'm going to book a place outside the old town.

We arrived at the Hostel, and it was overbooked, so they sent us to Old Prague Hostel, which is further away. Old Prague Hostel was average... we had horrible dorm mates, but I guess they can't do anything about that. Overall an average experience, staff was nice.

The desk guy tried to charge us extra for coming in as a large group, then he tried to charge us extra for his overtime. The doors to the bedrooms were next to impossible to open. And the entrance door had the easiest code 6060#. Over all we had a pretty bad stay

• 24th Jul 2014

The ambiance in the hostel was great! All the people that stayed in the hostel were really sociable. Also the staff was very nice, would always be patient and answer your questions. I went on the pub crawl, on which I had a blast! The only thing I wasn't too happy about was the kitchen. There was no option to put food in the fridge or in a cupboard and if you did it would be gone the next day. Eaten by other people or thrown out by the cleaner.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Great location. Helpful staff. Right next to old town square. Only criticism is that the room can be loud if the room is facing the alley as there is a bar that breeds noise.

Very likable place ! A little missing of space, in the common room especially. Showers are too much plain.

• 22nd Jul 2014

The hostel was poorly organised with people having to check out and swap rooms. Administration should sort out room allocation so that people are not constantly having to move. Bed was very uncomfortable- probably the worst I've slept in. The location is the real draw card for this hostel but I would not stay again.

• 22nd Jul 2014

The price was low, but this was reflected in the quality of care. Despite emailing months in advance about sharing a room with friends, and an email being received confirming this was possible, we were put in different rooms on separate floors. Added to this we had to change rooms half way through, of great in convenience and being a main factor in my room mate temporarily losing her wash bag. The hostel should have made more effort to respect that we had asked to share, with plenty of notice.

• 21st Jul 2014

They booked up my room, so I had to move to a sister hostel with no refunds given. Breakfast was cardboard tasting cereal with sour warm milk and bad coffee. Towel they give you is only a hand towel. Mattress was as thin as a yoga mat. And to top it off I got bed bug bites from there. Don't stay here!

The staff were so lovely and friendly they made my stay really enjoyable.

• 20th Jul 2014

It was one of the Worst stays at any accommodation. I arrived late on Sunday night, and even though I had a booking at Prague Square Hostel for 4 nights. I came there only on the 2nd night./ They didnt have a place for me, and on the spot shifted me to another hostel. This happened after midnight. I had walked an hour to their hostel, and then was forced to drag my baggage for another half an hour. In the new place, Old Prague Hostel, the reception ppl overcharged me.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • India

Great hostel with an absolutely brilliant location. The staff were incredible and very friendly. All you really need for a cheap hostel for a couple of nights.

Here's my story: if you stay here, google directions because the directions on here are absolutely terrible. We didn't google because it sounded simple, except the train station you get off at has at least 5 different exits that could lead you many diff ways that will get you lost (for two hours...after traveling all day). Then when you get there, they will transfer you to a sister hostel (which they didn't email or forewarn you about) and then say its super easy to get to but just...continued..