Prague Square Hostel Reviews

Melantrichova 10, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

The place was very nice, clean and in a great location (seriously, it doesn't get better than this location!). Also, the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. Still, if you're looking for a cozy, homey sort of hostel, you should look someplace else. It's okay for a couple of days :)

In short - hostel is good only for very young people and/or those who come to town get drunk. The very central location is its strongest asset because you can crawl back to your room; no need for taxi or public transport. Otherwise - blinking neon lights (no bed lights), total lack of privacy in the showers, stale sandwiches for breakfast. Plus - I paid for a 6-bed room and was relocated to an 8-bed one in the middle of my stay. I complained and was refunded, yes, but it was a hassle.

it's very near to the old town squar,convenient to visit the cloack,but it's too noisy at night,you can hear everything on the street. the shower place has no curtain!

Great location, great atmosphere and seems like a great price for hostels in Europe until you price check other hostels in Prague.

The staff are not very welcoming! The toilets are small without a mirror and seperate from the showers. The only good thing about the hostel is the location.

Great location, staff was great! Wifi was in rooms which I loved, only bummer was lack of outlets in room but I wouldnt let that be a big factor. Thanks guys

Little noisy but it was nice! And all staffs are very kind!

I really enjoyed this hostel! the staff were friendly and helpful, and the location is perfect, but that sometimes can lead to it being a little noisy but for what you get I certainly can't complain! Loved it and can't wait to go back!

• 17th Apr 2014

The guy at the reception was real nice and friendly. The beds were a bit poor, since my bunkbed was like really really shaking all the time somebody moved a little (I know this is normal, but in this case it wasn't). Despite that and the shared bathroom (in which was no good possibility to change clothes because there where no hooks or something like that), I think this hostel is excellent. Especially for the location, but breakfast was also very good. Thanks!

Such a convenient location! Everything is within walking distance. Can get quite loud at night, but they offer free ear plugs at reception. Breakfast and a sandwich are included. Overall, I would highly recommend this hostel.

This hostel was an awesome location and had friendly staff. The breakfast was good and the bathrooms were kept clean. My bed I stayed in had a board broken underneath the top bunk, so my butt sunk down and it was very very uncomfortable to sleep in. It was also very loud at night, but that is expected from the good location. Also, more places to sit for breakfast would be nice!

• 13th Apr 2014

The location was excellent but with that came a bit of noise. Didn't both me at all, I'm a heavy sleeper but my friend had a bit of trouble. But great that the hostel offers free ear plugs! Also our first 4 night the Wifi worked great but after that when more people came the wifi only worked on the lower floors. This was a bit of a pain but not the worst thing ever. Over all it was a great stay!

Very good value for money as breakfast/ lunch was included but shared bathrooms were not very private.

Perfect location! Yes people outside are audible from the bedrooms but it wasn't bothersome to me. Clean shower rooms and toilet rooms. Wifi doesn't reach into the rooms well. No natural light nor night lights in our room so walking in when people were sleeping was difficult. Receptionist and maids are rude. Common area was basic..and empty... not for meeting other people. Very worn bedding, upper-bunk wood planks fell on me. $$$ deposit for everything. Breakfast beverages & sandwich served.

The hostel was simple, clean, and nice. The staff were all helpful and friendly, and the rooms were kept in decent shape. Probably the best part about the hostel was its location and proximity to the main square. If you arrive by car, it can be difficult to find parking around the city. The breakfast is limited to dry cereal, orange juice, milk, coffee, tea, and sandwiches. But everything else is perfectly fine

• 5th Apr 2014

Unforgettable Weekend in one of the best hostals I've ever stayed.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Cold atmosphere, will not return.

Go there!

It was a nice stay. If I come back to Prague I would certainly be at there again.

Nice place. You are in center.