Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

The staff was very friendly. room was wide and clean! would definitely stay again

The mixed dorm room is just too cramped! There were only 3 of the 6 or 8 beds taken, but we already were stepping on each others belongings because the floor was the only place for bags, the lockers just big enough for a day bag ~ the pub is great, the staff nice, & the free breaky great!

I paid for ensuit but shower did not work. It was burning hot at all times and I use the communal shower for my entire stay. This place could be good if the staff value the customer. The room was extremely cold, cen heating do not work until morning, as I am out & about useless to me as not in during daytime. Manager Michael entered female ensuit room with keys, a number of times with key no knocking...simply rude!!! The place could be one of the best in they put certain things into perspective.

• 13th Jan 2016

I had a great stay and loved the 4 bed girls dorm!! Lovely place to stay and lovely staff,good location and very close to the tube station (very handy i must add) definitely returning to the pride of Paddington when im next in london!! Thanks alot! :)

• 1st Jan 2016

You get vouchers for the pub with check-in, but the staff didn't tell us that when we arrived, even though we we told them we were staying there when we ordered dinner. If you're going to eat at the pub, which I recommend, it was pretty good, make sure to get your vouchers first.

• 2nd Dec 2015

This is a lovely place to stay when visiting London, it is only miniutes away from Padingtion The staff here are all lovely! And will do anything to help you! The hostel is clean very basic but very safe, it has lovely showers, this hostel I would happily say is one of the best ones in London, you get a free full English breakfast, Padingtion, it self is a very safe part of London and for anyone coming to London Padingtion is a lovely place to stay with nice bars and meals, 5stars from me

• 16th Nov 2015

Booked an 8-bed room and was given a 10-bed room with only 8 lockers, the staff said nothing about the room switch and offered no discount. The room was tiny and bags blocked the walkways, there was a single tiny bin and the plastic-coated mattresses were horrible. The building is a maze, poor signage. The showers were dirty, the toilet seats were not attached properly in at east three of the toilets, the air conditioning vents almost completely blocked with dust. All in all, cheap but nasty.

• 9th Nov 2015
  • Finland

I had a fantastic experience in the Pride of Paddington. I was particularly impressed because I hadn't pre booked....but the staff had time to explain the process and showed me all I needed to know.....this was particularly impressive considering I arrived at a very busy period for the public house downstairs.

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Poland

I good a room at a discounted price and it was an amazing deal. I love the full breakfast!

Superb location - close to Paddington station. No kitchen. Strong Wi-Fi. Clean. GREAT full English breakfast (free for hostels guests). I think you can choice this hotels only for breakfast )))

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Ukraine

Excellent service, WONDERFUL STAFF, thank you

The breakfast is so nice!Excellent location!

Basically the hostel is consisted of a number of rooms on top of a pub, so it cannot be compared to other purposedly built/designed hostels in terms of facilities, atmosphere. It has good location and is relatively inexpensive. However some staff are rude and this alone negates the good aspects.

In a 6-person room, only one locker had a door that could be closed and locked; all the rest were broken. The bar staff below was responsible for checking us in. They left us standing in the bar for 20+ minutes with all our rucksacks as they ignored us to serve everyone in the bar first. Bathrooms weren't very clean, but not the worst I've seen. The "common room" is very small with just a couple couches and a tv. No kitchen facilities or even a hot pot for making tea.

• 4th Oct 2015

We booked a twin private shared bathroom. The room was far too expensive for what we got. It was a tiny room with a bunker bed. The room was extremely noisy because of a single glass window that does not close properly. You can hear all noise from the street. So it is difficult to sleep even with earplugs. On top of that, the room was quite smelly(old carpet) but opening the window did not help because of the traffic fumes. The breakfast is included but the portions are tiny.

Fantastic, tho noisy with traffic noise so need good earplugs, but that's the only minus....fantastic value, friendly and nice pub downstairs, good breakfast. Will definitely be coming back soon.

• 30th Sep 2015

Great location, lively pub. Lockers are a bit flimsy and the toilet/bathroom amenities are awful.

I would expect nicer facilities. There is not enough showers (on the second floor there are only two) Half of the locks in the room were broken, so not everybody could have left their things there safely. The breakfast is included however I was waiting for an hour to be served.

Rooms are too small but all in all i liked it.

• 24th Sep 2015
  • Lebanon

This place is below average First there is no reception, it is actually at the pub downstairs. The 10 person room I stayed in was way to small. My room smelled like cigarettes. Only one shower on my entire floor. The hang out area was a small room of which was closed after 11PM. Last and most important the WiFi was the worst, did not work most of the time AT ALL. However the price of this hostel was good considering it is London. You get what you pay for. London is expensive, more so than Norway