Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

Pride of Paddington is a pub, and probably a very good one. The hostel aspect is hugely neglected in my opinion. None of the extra facilities/services you may expect from other hostels. Good wifi connection, they offer breakfast which I left too early to enjoy. Staff were mixed. I was treated nicely on arrival but I was ignored for about 10 minutes in favour of the bar customers on another evening. Room was basic but no problems, toilets are separate but fine. Common room was a nice touch.

I had a good stay here. When I arrived it was a little confusing as to where to check in but the staff were friendly and helped me out. They were also great about sorting my early check out. Room was small and packed with beds but comfy beds and nice linen. I hardly slept but it was a good bed. Showers were ok, nice and clean. Difficult to find hair dryers though. Didn't stay for breakfast so can't comment there. Really close to paddington for Heathrow express which was what I needed. Good value

Welcoming, friendly and helpful staff. Thank you Miguel.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Stayed for 3 nights...bed comfortable enough...room a bit small. Decent cooked English breakfast included in the price. Staff in the bar seemed overworked but were helpful and friendly. One negative was that there was no toilet paper in the bathroom/toilet on two mornings when I woke up...not good. Also overpriced beer in the pub. But good value accomodation and would stay again.

The rooms are basic, but the restaurant below makes for a very fun atmosphere. It's like sleeping above Cheers, where everybody knows your name. The staff were very pre-occupied with the bar/restaurant guests when I arrived, but I decided to be gracious and let them do their thing. Loved the included breakfast, and the location so near the train station. However, they really should set aside a separate counter and staffer to handle check-ins.

Easy to get to from heathrow express. Friendly staff who took the time to show me to my room and make sure everything was ok. Nice breakfast in the morning with friendly staff and people staying there

• 2nd Sep 2014

I did have a good experience with the staff at the front desk, they did helped me up when another tenant was bulling me up for reasons he only knew. It is too bad they do not have a common place to chat with the others back packers, to relax and watch TV. If you sit at the tables you might have to consume something. The rooms were too small, Breakfast was OK but they should have complimentary coffee or tea or give you boiling water if you want to bring your own sac of tea.

I was greatly disappointed in that hostel because it was very noisy during night and terrible smell in the room, the room number 4 is very very stinky!!!! however the staff were friendly and free breakfast was not bad. The location is excellent, very close to underground. Price was not bad because it is including free breakfast.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Japan

Great location close to Paddington station, which is convenient for catching the Heathrow Express and the tube. I only stayed here 1 night prior to flying home so was convenient for me. I wouldn't stay here more than that if you are after somewhere with atmosphere. The cooked breakfast was great (and a change to the regular cereal/toast set up other hostels provide). Not the best facilities in terms of showers etc, but adequate for a night or two if you're after somewhere close to the station

I had a very good stay at the Hostel The room (female dormitory) was clean, large enough, with 2 larges windows, a large mirror and a table. I had the good surprise to find cosmetics products for shower on the top of the towel ! There is enough showers and the water is very hot. There is also a hair-dryer available for free. The pub downstairs is very nice, the staff as well, I had a breakfast offered for the first night, and many discount for meals. Only 5min to subway and 10min to Hyde Park

I just stayed for one night. The environment in the mixed dorm was alright but I found the staff not particularly friendly, maybe because they pay more attention to the business in the bar. They ask customers to use vouchers to get breakfast and one free tea and coffee. It costs 2 pounds for luggage storage after check-out. Overall it was a fine stay.

Location is good, breakfast is perfect (thank you) , bathroom clean and water good, stuff nice The big problem: the noise the noise the noise from street The bed shakes and no switch neither light for upbed Poor facility in the chamber. Not quite a pleasant pass night option.

Room and facilities were clean. Staff were disorganized in where everyone's rooms were. They ended up moving some people out of their room to another one in order to accommodate us. Two other backpackers joined us in the newly cleared out room, however, the next morning at 5:30am an unknown person barged into the room and started complaining to one of the new backpackers that he was in their bed. This was very disturbing and left us feeling insecure.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Good hostel to stay, as it's near the tube. And even buses to go places nearby such as oxford street, Lancaster gate, nottinghil gates. It's near the tourist attraction. Despite, for the Muslim. Paddington has a lot of halal food. So there is no need to worry.. There is also telco nearby, just a walking distance. On top of that, it is also near the Paddington main railway station. It's a convenient place to stay! No need to worry abt the toilet.. It's clean than other hostel..

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Good value for money. Breakfast very good. Bathrooms, showers, toilets always clean. Broken lock on batrhroom door needs repairing. Common room????? Would definitely go back.

everything was perfect except the shower which was too hot otherwise everthing was fine !!

• 30th Jul 2014

The hostal is literally above a bar which is both awesome and a little weird. It is the best breakfast I had while at a hostal. The have options and it is a full meal rather than a sad buffet. It is a little distant from the center of London but there is a metro station nearby. It was under construcion while I was there which made things slightly more difficult. Otherwise rooms were nice, lots of outlets for charging devices. Bathrooms were ok. Overall enjoyed our stayed.

Showers - always to hot! Beds - fine Commenroom - non existing... Breakfast - very english! Staff - love them!

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

it's better if there was bins. bath and toilets ware clean enough. but inside of premise was a little bit humid.

The location and atmosphere are great and staffs are kind enough. Breakfast is soooooo cool for me. But most of bathrooms are broken(cant control temperature of water or broken locks). Except for this, it is cool place. I met so nice ppl in the hostel :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5