Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

Smiley service, convenient location, straight-forward simple. Cheers!

• 2nd May 2015

The staff was really, really nice and friendly. The bed was comfortable and the atmosphere great. Thanks a lot!

Great location right next to Paddington station allowing easy access to transport around London. Easy to find, good wifi and the highlight being the excellent breakfast. Not many places you get a full english breakfast included in the price! Highly recommended.

The beds were awful, squeaky and uncomfortable. The rest was great!!

I don't see why I was charged 2 pounds for putting my luggage in the hostel for half a day after I checked out in the morning.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

It was amazing the staff,breakfast,location was very easy close to the underground and buses

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Spain
  • All Female Group, 41+

Spacious room, easy internet access, super friendly and helpful staff (especially Lucia!), comfy bed, nice clean towel and all toiletries provided. Unfortunately I left at 6am so I cannot say anything about the breakfast. I would definitely recommend!

There is no kitchen, if you want a glass of water you need to go down to the bar. The common room was small and not welcoming. The breakfast was great and you get a voucher book for cheaper pub meals which is good if you're on a budget. The bathrooms weren't the best and it was difficult to sleep because the beds are uncomfortable, the floors, doors and beds are really noisy and there is a lot of noise form the street and pub down stairs. Good lockable storage space in the rooms.

Very nice receptionist, I think she was Latin-american (spanish speaking), and welcomed me in a friendly manner. She escorted me to the room and explained everything very well. the atmosphere was good and I met very nice and respectful people. Even though I was sharing room with other 5 people, everyone was respectful with the space and very quiet. Toilets very clean. However, they don't have common kitchen and I could't even heat a cup of milk after my day out.. I didn't like it at all.

The pluses were that the location was great, the free breakfast was great and the staff were pretty nice and helpful. The negatives were that the facilities weren't the nicest, the showers were dingy and small. The doors were noisy. Some of the guests seemed to be much older than their 35 limit and weren't vacationers so much as commuters from nearby towns in London for work so the aura of the room felt a tad uncomfortable. That is all.

Fantastic location, friendly staff, easy to locate all the sights from the hostel and the pub downstairs is pretty good!

Really good crew, nice breakfast, nice location and good value. After backpacking around 100+ countries over 7 continents I can honestly recommend this is a good hostel. Patrick Hamilton Walsh, author of, "The Backpacker who Sold His Supercar"

• 13th Jan 2015

This place is less than 5 mins walk from Paddington - only good thing about this place. The check in was inside the pub. The staff was not interested in anything but charging me the 20 pound key deposit while I kept telling him I would not be able to return the key in person because I would be checking out before they open. Didn't give me WiFi info, which was supposed to be included. Towel and sheets were damp. Limited power outlets. No hot water. Beds railings were lose.

Any place that gives me eggs for breakfast is top notch. I would stay here again. I liked the pub atmosphere.

Best breakfast ever! Full English breakfast or you can choose pancakes.....there is a pub just down stairs...good location you can go by foot to Oxford Street or Hyde Park....i really recommend!

Pretty average hostel. Beds and rooms were clean but the bathroom were left a little to be desired. Check in is a little awkward at the bar especially during peak times. Free breakfast was quite good. Perfect location for Paddington Train station.

Close to the station but that's really its only selling point. There are a heap of hostels in London and I have stayed in a lot better. So if your not catching an early flight or something and don't need to be close to Paddington Station I'd look elsewhere

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful

• 13th Dec 2014

The hostel is located above a gorgeous pub. The staff where great and the food was really nice. The pub was really busy on Friday and Saturday nights, however on the Friday we were treated to an impromptu performance by a male choir which was excellent!

• 5th Dec 2014

Loved the cosy pub beneath us.. Also the breakfast was great! Very close to the tube station and easy to get anywhere around London.

• 5th Dec 2014