Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

Everything is good but the staff behind bar were too busy to help checking-in. It took a little long time to waiting for the check-in service.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • China

Staff and location are great. The facilities were so-so. They were mostly clean, but the bathrooms could have used more attention throughout the day. The main issue of my stay was a troublesome guest in the room, but that's not really the fault of the hostel.

perfect breakfast and nice atmosphere.

Pride of Paddington was in a great spot, not a long tube ride to the attractions of central London however the room only had two outlets for 6 people which made charging phones etc difficult. Also there seemed to be more people staying in the room then the capacity on some nights which didn't make it feel very secure. I had never stayed in a hostel previously and found checking in a bit confusing as I didn't know where to go, but the free breakfast was definitely a highlight!

• 12th Apr 2014

I thought that staff were great and helpful. It was clean and in a good location. I enjoyed my stay and got the chance to meet a few new people. The only thing I thought could be improved -- although I'm not sure how practical it will be to do this -- is to have someone available just for assisting hostel guests. It can be hard to get the attention of the staff when the pub is busy.

• 11th Apr 2014

I do like that the hostel is close to paddington station, can't beat that, and that they give you free breakfast which is actually very good. However the staff isn't all to friendly but like others have said it may be because they also run a bar. I think they just lacked a sense of welcome and even helpfulness on where to go and what to see. Rooms were ok but the bathrooms are a bit weird, also had the one shower that provided ONLY hot water...not cool.

• 5th Apr 2014

ふつうに良かった。パディントン駅から近いし、スタッフも親切。朝ごはんも美味しかった!

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Japan

I stayed there with a friend for one night. I had an excellent experience there, the personnel was really welcoming and helpful, the room was clean. Nothing bad to say about it really for the price it was really good. Plus, I love the neighbourhood and it's just one street away from the Tube and a few street away to High Park. I will got there again during my next stay in London for sure!

• 30th Mar 2014

This hostel was a great choice to stay at! I stayed at 2 hostels and this was the best! Excellent breakfast (you get variety of options), discounts on food and clean rooms. The staff were helpful and polite but not very sharp (they messed up my final billing and food bills which was a bit annoying, but sorted it later). Their linens are clean and bathrooms are good. Since it is near a street, it gets a bit noisy at night, but that is not their fault. I would strongly recommend this hostel.

Everything was very good. Delicious breakfast, good location and you can get some coupons for their pub. You can enjoy the pub easily.

Good cheap digs for the traveller looking for a cheap bed at night.

• 24th Mar 2014

The staff was very friendly. They helped me carry my bags upstairs. I had a nice stay. It is only a 5 minute walk from the underground station. Close to Hyde Park. Great place to stay!

Lovely room, very nice staff and very friendly hotel :-)

There was no locker avalible for under our bed.

• 20th Mar 2014

breakfast was fantastic! beds were decent and the noise from the restaurant below didn't carry too much. I only found 1 shower for our whole floor though so if I were staying for more than 1 night, that could have been a problem.

Had a great time at this hostel. Thanks!

Good youth hostel. Employees are very nice, bedrooms and sheets are clean, neighbourhood is calm, when I come back to London I will seriously consider going back there.

• 8th Mar 2014

A very positive experience, nice location, ok rooms, clean toilets and friendly staff. We were very satisfied!

Very good Staff... Excellent location. Very close to the Paddington Station... Especially if you come from Heathrow and take the Heatrhow Express (Train). Thank u very much The Pride of Paddington team.

Horrible, except the breakfast.

• 21st Feb 2014