Pride of Paddington

Very Good 1168 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 1168 Total Reviews

12th Aug 2017

I stayed in the 4 bed female room, which had its own bathroom and counter with a sink and microwave. The room and bathroom were always clean. The free breakfast in the morning was great, it was a hot breakfast instead of cereal, which is a nice change from other hostels. The big plus was that it is right next to Paddington Station, so I was able to check out early and grab the Heathrow Express in the morning.

9th Aug 2017

This was a most convenient and friendly hostel (close to Paddington Stn). Staff was very friendly. Connections all over London from the hostel were excellent. Pub downstairs made for convenient eating, as it poured the day I arrived. Breakfast included - which was excellent value for money. Overall I was impressed with the cleanliness of all facilities. Plus, they supplied a towel, and little shampoo and lotion samples. Luxurious for such a budget-friendly hostel. I would definitely stay there

• Egypt, Male, 31-40
22nd Jul 2017
7.1

It was good but to do the checkin in a bar wasn't that good experience. Staff were friendly and room mates were good. Very close to Paddington train station (3 min walk). Good for a one night stay. Toilets were under maintenance and some damaged found. Beds weren't comfortable and pillows as well. Clean sheets and pillow cover provided from 20£ as a security and they were refunded after the checkout.

20th Jul 2017
8.0

I've stayed here before and booked again. The location is pretty good. A little out of the way, but still close enough to the city to walk to things. The facilities are decent. Locks on half the lockers were broken, but it didn't feel unsafe. I just locked up my bag and put it under my bed. The reason I really love this hostel so much is that you get served a full English breakfast (or another delicious breakfast of your choice) and tea or coffee included! That's like a £10 value! Loved it!!

• Slovakia, Male, 18-24
18th Jul 2017

Awesome staff! Very nice people and happy to help 🙂 Breakfast included which is a big plus and flexibility of check in or check out. Thumbs up.

12th Jul 2017
7.1

Check in/out is literally done in a pub, so if you your coming in the evening it is crowded and awkward to get by with a suitcase or large bag. There was no elevator and I was on the second floor (but one of the staff helped me carry my bag up). The bunks were really close together in my room so we had to squeeze between them, and a number of the security lockers under the bed had broken latches. On the plus side, breakfast (full English, eggs on toast, or pancakes) was included!

• England, Couple, 18-24
8th Jul 2017
6.6

We stayed one night but it couldn't have been more. The location was perfect for us as we went to BST at Hyde Park, and the staff were very friendly and we felt secure in the hostel. However, I did not sleep at all because the rooms were so hot and the traffic was so noisy outside. The bathrooms were cleanish but the shower I used had no head and in essence it was just a hose - the water was freezing too! The breakfast was also cooked very poorly - probably won't be coming back.

• England, Female, 31-40
7th Jul 2017

Stayed here 2 nights, great value for money and really helpful, lovely staff. Beds were comfy enough and clean however the room was extremely hot. Bathrooms, could do with a bit of a makeover, clean enough though. Nice having breakfast included. Located 1 min walk from the tube, very handy. I'd stay again.

• brewerklouise3109
  • USA, Couple, 25-30
2nd Jul 2017
6.6

This is a bunkhouse above a pub, and a nice breakfast is included with your stay. The location is nice as you can walk to the downtown London sights. There is no AC and it was incredibly hot when we were there, also there is no kitchen or common room to speak of. Most of the security lockers in our room were broken. Good price for the location though.

29th Jun 2017
6.3

Great location, good bang for buck, but a bit dirty. Furthermore, the atmosphere is not the greatest, as it is a pub first and hostel second.