Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

Warm showers. Good breakfast. Great bartender!

• 18th Nov 2014

Amazing location, super friendly and helpful staff, heaps of bathrooms and showers... All spotless. Amazing value for money and you get toiletries, a towel and cooked breakfast!! Can't fault this place and will stay here anytime I am in London for sure.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Wales

I loved staying at the Pride of Paddington - the staff were fantastic and I loved the little extras ie. proper breakfast, towel, bathroom products etc.

This was my first experience of hostels and I was very impressed. The staff were very friendly and efficient and I was booked in and shown to my bed very quickly. The other guests were very friendly and I found the toilets etc better than expected. I found the common room a welcome addition, with the wi fi and the breakfast was a great start to the day . I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting budget accommodation in the city .thanks to all

• 9th Nov 2014

Very good hostel! The breakfast, which is included, is delicious. And the discount vouchers for diner were a nice surprise.

• 7th Nov 2014

We had a great stay. Clean and comfortable and breakfast was great. Best included hostel breakfast we have had in months. There were a few mix ups with the beds both nights that we stayed, staff are obviously busy but they didnt seem to be able to keep track of how many people were actually in each room which seems fairly ridiculous when they are only six bed dorms. Would still highly recommend it though, excellent value for money.

• 29th Oct 2014

Good choices for breakfast, very helpful staff, bathrooms and toilets could be cleand more often. The cleanliness is the main problém to all hostels in london, but I guess it is sometimes hard to keep bathrooms and toilets clean with all the different kinds of guests/customers.

They required a £20 deposit for sheets and find it necessary to walk each guest individually through the door code and up to your room while everyone waits in line. Nice place, though run a little weird..

very noisy but good price good location w i t h free breakfast

• 26th Oct 2014
  • China

Somehow female staff isn't friendly compare to the male staff. The Staff is not well informed as a hotel worker but if you know London already, it's fine. Excellent location as a tourist but the it could be a bit too loud to sleep. In my opinion this hostel could get cleaner and nicer with a little amount of effort though. It would be nice if there is always a proper receptionist for the hostel...

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Japan

The 4-bed room was located just on top of the pub. So no thought about sleep. Music and bass was heard till late at night and started in the morning by 7:30. People joining the room came back in the middle of night, turned on the light (instead of using a torch) and started using their mobile phones. Slept 3 hours. I definitely can' t recommend this place. The hole atmosphere was not inviting. Breakfast poor.

• 18th Oct 2014

Great location only minutes walk from Paddington Station. Make sure you plan to use the tube right away, as you are a ways away from the major sites. Food/drinks were great in the pub downstairs, use the coupons they give you! Rooms were basic, bathrooms were relatively clean but need to be upgraded.

Really loved the place! After I got checked in, I went downstairs for a pint in the pub. It's great overall, I would recommend it.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Romania

the location is so good, it takes only 2-3 minutes by walk from the paddington station. the reception is inside of the bar, but employee are so busy, you have to wait them for everything. the cleanliness is so so....not clean, but acceptable. if you like to find a place to sleep only at low price, this is good choice. by the way, the breakfast is included and good.

Staff are polite and helpful. Location is good. Breakfast is great. Very noisy. Needs much work on the overall conditions. Paint peeling off the wall. No reading lights for individual beds so when you need light you have to turn on the light on the ceiling and wake up every body else!

Some of us were arriving late at night so I asked weeks before my trip if they could do the check in after midnight. They told me there was no problem and that it was available 24h. What they didn't say is that we had to call and not everyone has a phone that works in UK. A lady from the staff was very impolite with us. We had to pay to leave our bags after checking out which was said to be free (and for some people it was). Not enough bathrooms and they needed much more cleanning.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Spain

good breakfast in the morning,staff very friendly.defo stay here again.

Close to paddington station, easy to find. Facility is not good but the price is reasonable. Brackfast is also good.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Good, centrally located hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Bedrooms were clean and comfortable with plenty of plugs to charge phones etc. Lockers for putting valuables away safely at night was greatly appreciated. Only little niggle I had was that there were no plugs in toilet block for drying hair which meant having to use the plugs in the room and disturbing sleeping room mates. Would stay with the Pride of Paddington again when visiting London and advise friends.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Second time staying here and I had an overall positive experience. In the past I have forked out way too much money for absolute rats nests in London. Pride of Paddington is a great hostel, the location is great particularly if you wish to catch one of the heathrow trains, or be close to the tube (very close!), close walk to hyde park and easy to walk to get to oxford street, exhibition rd (museums) and notting hill etc. Great brekky, wifi. Relatively spacious (FOR LONDON!) Give it a go.

• 1st Oct 2014