Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

Very nice receptionist, I think she was Latin-american (spanish speaking), and welcomed me in a friendly manner. She escorted me to the room and explained everything very well. the atmosphere was good and I met very nice and respectful people. Even though I was sharing room with other 5 people, everyone was respectful with the space and very quiet. Toilets very clean. However, they don't have common kitchen and I could't even heat a cup of milk after my day out.. I didn't like it at all.

The pluses were that the location was great, the free breakfast was great and the staff were pretty nice and helpful. The negatives were that the facilities weren't the nicest, the showers were dingy and small. The doors were noisy. Some of the guests seemed to be much older than their 35 limit and weren't vacationers so much as commuters from nearby towns in London for work so the aura of the room felt a tad uncomfortable. That is all.

Fantastic location, friendly staff, easy to locate all the sights from the hostel and the pub downstairs is pretty good!

Really good crew, nice breakfast, nice location and good value. After backpacking around 100+ countries over 7 continents I can honestly recommend this is a good hostel. Patrick Hamilton Walsh, author of, "The Backpacker who Sold His Supercar"

• 13th Jan 2015

This place is less than 5 mins walk from Paddington - only good thing about this place. The check in was inside the pub. The staff was not interested in anything but charging me the 20 pound key deposit while I kept telling him I would not be able to return the key in person because I would be checking out before they open. Didn't give me WiFi info, which was supposed to be included. Towel and sheets were damp. Limited power outlets. No hot water. Beds railings were lose.

Any place that gives me eggs for breakfast is top notch. I would stay here again. I liked the pub atmosphere.

Best breakfast ever! Full English breakfast or you can choose pancakes.....there is a pub just down stairs...good location you can go by foot to Oxford Street or Hyde Park....i really recommend!

Close to the station but that's really its only selling point. There are a heap of hostels in London and I have stayed in a lot better. So if your not catching an early flight or something and don't need to be close to Paddington Station I'd look elsewhere

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful

• 13th Dec 2014

The hostel is located above a gorgeous pub. The staff where great and the food was really nice. The pub was really busy on Friday and Saturday nights, however on the Friday we were treated to an impromptu performance by a male choir which was excellent!

• 5th Dec 2014

Loved the cosy pub beneath us.. Also the breakfast was great! Very close to the tube station and easy to get anywhere around London.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Malta

we had a great time at this hostel! it's very well situated, just right next to the underground and a walk away from hyde park, with nice restaurants and pubs nearby. the hostel has a great atmosphere, very nice staff and a cool pub to hang out. the rooms are comfortable enough but maybe a little pricy. In the end we loved it and we would definetely come back to pride of paddington

I had been in The Pride Of Paddington pub for drinks and a gig in the past so I knew that it was a great place. I noticed then that they had rooms upstairs, so when I got back to London it was my obvious choice

Very good location. Fair price.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Sweden
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Warm showers. Good breakfast. Great bartender!

It is good in terms of cleaning and location. However, I can not say that for staff. They did not care with us at the breakfast.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Turkey

Amazing location, super friendly and helpful staff, heaps of bathrooms and showers... All spotless. Amazing value for money and you get toiletries, a towel and cooked breakfast!! Can't fault this place and will stay here anytime I am in London for sure.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Wales

I loved staying at the Pride of Paddington - the staff were fantastic and I loved the little extras ie. proper breakfast, towel, bathroom products etc.

This was my first experience of hostels and I was very impressed. The staff were very friendly and efficient and I was booked in and shown to my bed very quickly. The other guests were very friendly and I found the toilets etc better than expected. I found the common room a welcome addition, with the wi fi and the breakfast was a great start to the day . I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting budget accommodation in the city .thanks to all

• 9th Nov 2014

Best staff I've ever met. I thought my trip was ruined after leaving 140 GBP on my bed. When I called Pride of Paddington the worker grabbed all of the money and put it in an envelope for me to pick up the next day. Best Experience ever. Clean and organized rooms.

• 8th Nov 2014