Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

The 4-bed room was located just on top of the pub. So no thought about sleep. Music and bass was heard till late at night and started in the morning by 7:30. People joining the room came back in the middle of night, turned on the light (instead of using a torch) and started using their mobile phones. Slept 3 hours. I definitely can' t recommend this place. The hole atmosphere was not inviting. Breakfast poor.

• 18th Oct 2014

Really loved the place! After I got checked in, I went downstairs for a pint in the pub. It's great overall, I would recommend it.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Romania

the location is so good, it takes only 2-3 minutes by walk from the paddington station. the reception is inside of the bar, but employee are so busy, you have to wait them for everything. the cleanliness is so so....not clean, but acceptable. if you like to find a place to sleep only at low price, this is good choice. by the way, the breakfast is included and good.

Staff are polite and helpful. Location is good. Breakfast is great. Very noisy. Needs much work on the overall conditions. Paint peeling off the wall. No reading lights for individual beds so when you need light you have to turn on the light on the ceiling and wake up every body else!

Some of us were arriving late at night so I asked weeks before my trip if they could do the check in after midnight. They told me there was no problem and that it was available 24h. What they didn't say is that we had to call and not everyone has a phone that works in UK. A lady from the staff was very impolite with us. We had to pay to leave our bags after checking out which was said to be free (and for some people it was). Not enough bathrooms and they needed much more cleanning.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Spain

good breakfast in the morning,staff very friendly.defo stay here again.

Close to paddington station, easy to find. Facility is not good but the price is reasonable. Brackfast is also good.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Good, centrally located hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Bedrooms were clean and comfortable with plenty of plugs to charge phones etc. Lockers for putting valuables away safely at night was greatly appreciated. Only little niggle I had was that there were no plugs in toilet block for drying hair which meant having to use the plugs in the room and disturbing sleeping room mates. Would stay with the Pride of Paddington again when visiting London and advise friends.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Second time staying here and I had an overall positive experience. In the past I have forked out way too much money for absolute rats nests in London. Pride of Paddington is a great hostel, the location is great particularly if you wish to catch one of the heathrow trains, or be close to the tube (very close!), close walk to hyde park and easy to walk to get to oxford street, exhibition rd (museums) and notting hill etc. Great brekky, wifi. Relatively spacious (FOR LONDON!) Give it a go.

• 1st Oct 2014

London is an expensive city, and P of Paddington is cheap place to stay. If you are looking for something more than a place to sleep then never go this place. It is just a bed. Hot water wasnt working. You get clean sheets. They have fine breakfast. Bed is not a comfy one but okay. This is a good place if you are 20-25 years old. You drink all night and come back to sleep. Other than that i dont recommend.

• 30th Sep 2014

It's basically a hostel over a bar. The bar tenders check you in and the advice for local sights, directions, etc are nill. One of the bartenders was overly pleasant and the other bitter and snappy. She acted like it was really a bother to have to talk to you, because she was serving bar guests. It just didn't seem much like the full service hostels I've used in the past. The beds were decent and the facilities clean... but no frills

Fantastic hostel! One of the best I've stayed at. Great locations, with an awesome bar/restaurant downstairs providing really good breakfast included. They give a lot of great discounts as well. Right next to the tube station, a great price and a good vibe overall. Will stay here again when I come through London.

I liked the Pride of Paddington, because it has a lot of facilities and good location: near to subway and turistic points, such as Science Museum and Victoria and Albert Museum. However, I think the staff was not so polite and the toilets dirty.

The hostel was right off of the Paddington station stop. Very convenient to all of the touristy things near Parliament Square. Rooms were very clean and there were lots of options in terms of bathrooms and showers. Not much of a common area, though.

Awesome breakfast! Everything else is ok.

What a dump! Oh, the location is great and it's cheap, especially with the free breakfast and WiFi. Sometimes, when in the mood, the staff may even be friendly. However that's it. Granted, they do try and clean it, but the bathrooms are a mycologist's paradise nonetheless. I don't mind staying in crowded smelly dorms where getting any rest is a matter of luck, but I do expect being able to lock away my things somewhere. With a joke of a locker in a constantly open room, this isn't such a place.

• 23rd Sep 2014

When i was greeted by the staff to check in, i did not feel welcomed. I have been all over Europe going from Hostel to Hostel and every hostel greeted me with a friendly smile and was happy to be working there so when i went to a Hostel in my own country i was slightly disappointed knowing that if this is the service that we provide it is embarrassing.

• 23rd Sep 2014

really good breakfast plus vouchers for coffee etc. I had scambled egg on Toast which was free and filling, a plesant surprize

• 20th Sep 2014

Great location! Walking distance to oxford street and the staff were lovely. Breakfast provided was delish as well xx

• 20th Sep 2014

I booked a Standard 8 Bed Mixed Dorm, but I was allocated to a 10 bed dorm. I had to pay the same amount of money. This was ridiculous. The staff member's explaination was even more ridiculous. She claimed that they just put extra beds there and would not let people sleep.

• 16th Sep 2014