Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

Great location, right opposite paddington station. When checking in, I proceeded to the right of the bar as directed. I had to wait 10 minutes before being acknowledged, and even then the staff weren't helpful and were a little confused at my booking. A lady was clearly new and needed help and none of the other staff would assist her. It stood out their first priority was running the bar and getting the food out (it was 4.30pm not peak time). No lock on toilet/bathroom door?? No atmosphere..

The location is hard to beat, but I probably wouldn't stay here again. No AC in the rooms, and the bathrooms smelled moldy. The drain in the shower was slow so at the end I was standing in a pool of water. They do give you free breakfast, and coupons for the bar downstairs which I thought was lovely! All in all, it was an alright stay, but I'd rather look for somewhere else the next time I'm in London.

Very accommodating and have everything you need! Staying in the women's only room and was provided toiletries and towels and clean linens. On the site it says they have hair dryers and straigheners, but those are for hire for £1 for 90 seconds for the straightener and £1 for 4 minutes on the dryer. I used the hand dryer and had no problems.

• 21st Jul 2015

Good location, nice restaurant downstairs with breakfastbreakfast choices icluded in the roomprice.....very good value tot money!!!! Start c an be busy with the restaurant if you check in at 14.00 Sharp...

• 21st Jul 2015

Not very clean, bathrooms, rooms and general corridors etc. Common room is terrible which means the place has no atmosphere whatsoever. Positives are that it is cheap and in a great location for accessing paddington station and Hyde Park.

I totally enjoyed my stay at Pride of Paddington. Met some great people. Convenient to Paddington Train Station and short walk to Hyde Park.

• 18th Jul 2015

Welcoming and secure, which meant a lot to myself as a young woman travelling solo....especially as I was a late check-in, arriving at almost 2am. It was lovely to arrive, at that God forsaken hour, to a smiling member of staff who had waited after hours to make sure I check The Pride of Paddington is a lovely place, their tagline being, in part, 'friendly food and tasty staff'... ..there was a certain Australian member of staff who kept true to that word. ....and my toast was friendly.

• 18th Jul 2015

It has decent free WiFi, a decent breakfast and it is a safe place to store your belongings. Facilities are extremely basic and it is not that clean. Staff are sometimes nice and it is in a decent location, down the road from the tube station. It is okay but I will probably not stay again.

Nice staff. Good location only 2 min walk from paddington station. Clean and use new bed cover for every stay. Breakfast good.

Very good hostal and the breakfast was delicious

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Best hostel I stayed in London! Wonderful breakfast and helpful staff!! Not to far to Hyde park :-)

Horrible!!! It was like prison. So dirty and so disgusting. Would not recommend to anyone

• 5th Jul 2015

Great location! Everything was very good

Small room with 6 beds. Really the option for when you don't want to spend on your stay. Very simple yet OK option. Bring earplugs for snoaring nieghbours. Cose to Hyde Park and Paddington Railway Station so excellent location.

• 30th Jun 2015

Pride of Paddington was completely charming. The pub downstairs had a great atmosphere and tasty food and the hostel facilities upstairs were great. The staff was nice and helped us with a lot, from moving to booking transportation. The hostel came with coupons for food and drinks at the pub, which I recommend taking advantage of. Very close to a convenient tube stop!

No complaints whatsoever. We have stayed in a few hostels in London and this is by far the best for comfort. The staff could not have been more helpful, especially Nadine who went above and beyond the call of duty to make our stay a success. On Saturday we decided to eat 'in' and the menu was not only varied but excellent value for money as well as delicious. Without a doubt, we will be back!

• 27th Jun 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

You're pretty much just paying for a bed here. Its above a pub and the 'reception' is at the bar so as we were checking in the guy was serving tables in between him photocopying our passports etc. And the staff couldn't really help us with travel info/general tourist info (like local buses) which you would expect from a hostel. Matresses leave a LOT to be desired. Besides that the location is pretty great for the price so if you're looking for somewhere to just crash this should suit you fine.

Great staff pub and dorm room.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

At first I chose this hostel just because of the location (which is perfect indeed). Anyway, after reading the other reviews, I had some doubts, but I stayed in a girls dorm & loved everything about it. The room and a hostel itself was very clean (including bathrooms), staff was friendly and breakfast at the Pub were amazing. + for ladies they have GHD straightener, and a hair dryer. Highly recommend this place, and definitely come back again.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Lithuania

The enviorment is so cool and everything is so clean! All the personal of the hostel are so kind and helpful. I was travelling alone and they help me a lot with all of my questions. They know London very well and they can give you useful advices. At the same time they have a good sense of humor. Definetly you have to check that place ;)