Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

I had a very good stay at the Hostel The room (female dormitory) was clean, large enough, with 2 larges windows, a large mirror and a table. I had the good surprise to find cosmetics products for shower on the top of the towel ! There is enough showers and the water is very hot. There is also a hair-dryer available for free. The pub downstairs is very nice, the staff as well, I had a breakfast offered for the first night, and many discount for meals. Only 5min to subway and 10min to Hyde Park

I just stayed for one night. The environment in the mixed dorm was alright but I found the staff not particularly friendly, maybe because they pay more attention to the business in the bar. They ask customers to use vouchers to get breakfast and one free tea and coffee. It costs 2 pounds for luggage storage after check-out. Overall it was a fine stay.

Location is good, breakfast is perfect (thank you) , bathroom clean and water good, stuff nice The big problem: the noise the noise the noise from street The bed shakes and no switch neither light for upbed Poor facility in the chamber. Not quite a pleasant pass night option.

Room and facilities were clean. Staff were disorganized in where everyone's rooms were. They ended up moving some people out of their room to another one in order to accommodate us. Two other backpackers joined us in the newly cleared out room, however, the next morning at 5:30am an unknown person barged into the room and started complaining to one of the new backpackers that he was in their bed. This was very disturbing and left us feeling insecure.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Good hostel to stay, as it's near the tube. And even buses to go places nearby such as oxford street, Lancaster gate, nottinghil gates. It's near the tourist attraction. Despite, for the Muslim. Paddington has a lot of halal food. So there is no need to worry.. There is also telco nearby, just a walking distance. On top of that, it is also near the Paddington main railway station. It's a convenient place to stay! No need to worry abt the toilet.. It's clean than other hostel..

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Good value for money. Breakfast very good. Bathrooms, showers, toilets always clean. Broken lock on batrhroom door needs repairing. Common room????? Would definitely go back.

everything was perfect except the shower which was too hot otherwise everthing was fine !!

• 30th Jul 2014

The hostal is literally above a bar which is both awesome and a little weird. It is the best breakfast I had while at a hostal. The have options and it is a full meal rather than a sad buffet. It is a little distant from the center of London but there is a metro station nearby. It was under construcion while I was there which made things slightly more difficult. Otherwise rooms were nice, lots of outlets for charging devices. Bathrooms were ok. Overall enjoyed our stayed.

Showers - always to hot! Beds - fine Commenroom - non existing... Breakfast - very english! Staff - love them!

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

it's better if there was bins. bath and toilets ware clean enough. but inside of premise was a little bit humid.

The location and atmosphere are great and staffs are kind enough. Breakfast is soooooo cool for me. But most of bathrooms are broken(cant control temperature of water or broken locks). Except for this, it is cool place. I met so nice ppl in the hostel :)

Warm atmosphere in the small hostel, with helpful staff. Close by to the subway. Would definitely recommend it.

Staff 정말친절합니다 다만, 8인실을 예약했으나 이틀지나니 침대가 두개더 들어오고 10인실이 되었습니다. 그리고 드라이기 무료아니고 1파운드이고 화장실어디에서도 콘센트 사용불가합니다. 와이파이는 방에선 거의안되고 방이 복잡하게 되어있습니다. 또 체크아웃후 짐맡길경우 2파운드를 지불해야합니다.

Bunk beds were "creaky" and squeaked very loudly with every move. Would be nice to have a dorm option without bunk beds. Not able to sit up in the bottom bunk, no chairs in the room. Fans in the room were broken. Cage lockers under bed were broken and could not be locked. Lockers were not very secure. Easy to break into when I locked my keys inside.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Pride of Paddington is actually a Pub, and the hostel side of things is a recent addition. They are still working out the kinks, and I think working very hard and adding little touches. However, some of the basics just aren't there. The lockers were too small for my bag (they were very small). The service as an improvement from some reviews but the staff are trained to be pub servers and don't know how to offer accommodation type services. They should try staying at IYH to get some ideas.

• 3rd Jul 2014

one of the showers had only hot water. the other shower had a door that didn't close so the water was leaking from the shower to the floor which left the whole floor wet. I say this is my biggest issue with the place. more showers

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Iraq

I didn't really like it here, but for one night it was fine. Rooms smelt a little, there is only one powerpoint in the room, some of the lockers didn't work, the bathrooms are mixed and kind of dingy (get up early for shower privacy). The breakfast was wonderful though. Had no problems checking in on a Saturday night at the bar, no elevator if that is an issue.

While staying at pride of paddington, my first reaction was that it seemed really dingy, and falling apart. The showers and bathrooms were not the cleanliest. The breakfast was really good in the morning. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Very nice place. Frendly atmosphere. Also I like your pub in downstares, lovely fish and cheeps.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Kazakhstan

Well, to start I booked a 6 person mixed room. Instead they put me in their tiny common room that also has 4 beds in it, they also didn't tell me that everyone in the entire hostel had access to my room 24hrs a day. Add in the fact that there were no lockers available... very insecure. 3 or the 4 showers that I tried didn't work properly. My room was also just a roofed in courtyard, so the entire ceiling was translucent white plastic, read, incredibly bright come about 530 Breakfast was

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5