Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

The British full breakfast is really delicious and worth the money to stay. Recommended!

Dear Guest, Thank you for your positive comments and we are really glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back in the Pride very soon. Regards Steve Catchpole, General Manager

Really close to the Tube with a bus stop that drops off right in front of the hostel. Gets a bit warm in the rooms even in February. Excellent free breakfast!

• 7th Feb 2014

Overall my stay here was fine. The staff were very nice and the bar/restaurant downstairs was great! The room was a bit hot and my things fit in the lockers, though I think that could have been a bit bigger and sturdier. Those are very small complaints though. Overall, great stay!

The showers were disgusting! Every plug hole clogged so dirty water rose around your feet.

• 6th Feb 2014

Dear Guest, We are sorry that you have had to write a negative review on HW. My staff and I are on hand to resolve issues such as showers, blocking and if you had only come down to the bar and told us we could have got this easily fixed. I would like to discuss this further via email so if you can contact me at steve@theprideofpaddington.co.uk, I will be more than happy to enter into some dialogue with regards to your complaint.

I was really impressed with the quality of Pride of Paddington's facilities. It's really a clean place with a good atmosphere. Furthermore, the staff treated me very well. In general, it is an excellent option.

Broken showerhead. Loud and drunk roommates.

Dear Guest, We are sorry that you have had to write a negative review on HW. My staff and I are on hand to resolve issues such as showers, and other guests causing nuisance, if you had only come down to the bar and told us we could have got this easily fixed. I would like to discuss this further via email so if you can contact me at steve@theprideofpaddington.co.uk, I will be more than happy to enter into some dialogue with regards to your complaint.

This hostel is GREAT! Staff is super friendly, they always take the time to help you. The bar is awesome, there is a tube station next to the hostel, a bus stop near and BREAKFAST was the BEST I have ever had in a hostel!! Bathroom in my room could be cleaner but I noticed that the ones in the corridor were super clean .I think the only downside was the noise coming from the bar. I was in second flor, but it didn't keep me from falling asleep so no big deal. Would deffinetly come back!!

Might want to repaint the second floor bathroom. The mold on the ceiling isn't attractive. However, everything else was great. Thank you!

• 26th Jan 2014

Location is the best. Right by the metro, so easy to get around. The breakfast was fine. The staff were not so social and it would have been great to have some organised activities for the hostel guests--pub quiz, walking tour, etc, just so that people could meet. The hostel seemed like it had such potential to be a social spot, but it just wasn't.

I was only in London for a night between airport visits and it is fantastic for that reason. You can be back and forth from the airport in no time, no stress and the area has lots to do. The free breakfast in the morning was huge. The staff were all very nice and the pub has a welcoming atmosphere. The rooms are not the best I have ever stayed in, but who spends all day in bed when they are in London?? The storage bin were mostly broken, but the lockers were fine.

Nice place to stay, free WIFI and very good free breakfast.

This was the first hostel I've ever stayed at so didn't know what to expect. The staff is awesome and the English breakfast was great. The bar downstairs is a good place to unwind at the end if the day and closes at midnight so the noise from the bar wasn't a factor. It is on a busy street however so you do get some street noise.

Staffs were kind Good And location was very nice

The staff at Pride is great! I think the location so near to Paddington station is the hostel's best feature.

Very good location, close to metro and to the city. Staff was helpful. Nice free breakfast too.

• 22nd Dec 2013
  • Singapore

Great location, and the breakfast was absolutely delicious! Loved the free coffee/ tea coupon too! The shower (opposite girls' dorm) though had a small bit of flooding and there were big puddles on the floor. Would be great if the staff could fix that! Otherwise a wonderful stay and I would definitely visit again when in London!

THIS WAS A GREAT HOSTEL!! WOULD SAY HERE AGAIN!! GREAT LOCATION WITH TUBE STATION 2MINS WALK MAYBE LESS!! EVEN BETTER BREAKFAST!! STAFF WERE GREAT VERY ACCOMMODATING. YOU DO HAVE GO TO THE PUB BAR TO CHECK IN AND OUT WHICH CAN GET A BIT BUSY BUT THEY MAKE THE EFFORT. THANKS GUYS

Me and my daughter's stay at the Pride of Paddington was very good. Its main attraction is the friendly , homely, relaxed atmosphere. I found the service very good and I enjoyed a yummy latte each morning with my breakfast. The food in the pub is value for money and great to relay on if you are too tired to seek another eating place. The beds are clean and snuggly warm. My only suggestion is to turn off the hand dryer next to the girls dorm at night as it woke us up every time somebody used it!

Pride of Paddington has some of the best staff out there. Ultra helpful and accomodating. The vouchers for free breakfast are amazing; the full English is the best and it's nearly big enough to skip lunch. The location is amazing. It's so close to the tube! If you want to take it on a whim, it's right there! I was in bed, wanting to see London eye at night, when I just hopped on the tube and went straight to Victoria embankment! Great breakfast, excellent staff, and superb location.

Amazing place; literally less than 1 minute walk from the underground station!!

• 12th Dec 2013