Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

Very nice receptionist, I think she was Latin-american (spanish speaking), and welcomed me in a friendly manner. She escorted me to the room and explained everything very well. the atmosphere was good and I met very nice and respectful people. Even though I was sharing room with other 5 people, everyone was respectful with the space and very quiet. Toilets very clean. However, they don't have common kitchen and I could't even heat a cup of milk after my day out.. I didn't like it at all.

The pluses were that the location was great, the free breakfast was great and the staff were pretty nice and helpful. The negatives were that the facilities weren't the nicest, the showers were dingy and small. The doors were noisy. Some of the guests seemed to be much older than their 35 limit and weren't vacationers so much as commuters from nearby towns in London for work so the aura of the room felt a tad uncomfortable. That is all.

Fantastic location, friendly staff, easy to locate all the sights from the hostel and the pub downstairs is pretty good!

Really good crew, nice breakfast, nice location and good value. After backpacking around 100+ countries over 7 continents I can honestly recommend this is a good hostel. Patrick Hamilton Walsh, author of, "The Backpacker who Sold His Supercar"

• 13th Jan 2015