Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

Good, centrally located hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Bedrooms were clean and comfortable with plenty of plugs to charge phones etc. Lockers for putting valuables away safely at night was greatly appreciated. Only little niggle I had was that there were no plugs in toilet block for drying hair which meant having to use the plugs in the room and disturbing sleeping room mates. Would stay with the Pride of Paddington again when visiting London and advise friends.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Second time staying here and I had an overall positive experience. In the past I have forked out way too much money for absolute rats nests in London. Pride of Paddington is a great hostel, the location is great particularly if you wish to catch one of the heathrow trains, or be close to the tube (very close!), close walk to hyde park and easy to walk to get to oxford street, exhibition rd (museums) and notting hill etc. Great brekky, wifi. Relatively spacious (FOR LONDON!) Give it a go.

• 1st Oct 2014

London is an expensive city, and P of Paddington is cheap place to stay. If you are looking for something more than a place to sleep then never go this place. It is just a bed. Hot water wasnt working. You get clean sheets. They have fine breakfast. Bed is not a comfy one but okay. This is a good place if you are 20-25 years old. You drink all night and come back to sleep. Other than that i dont recommend.

• 30th Sep 2014

It's basically a hostel over a bar. The bar tenders check you in and the advice for local sights, directions, etc are nill. One of the bartenders was overly pleasant and the other bitter and snappy. She acted like it was really a bother to have to talk to you, because she was serving bar guests. It just didn't seem much like the full service hostels I've used in the past. The beds were decent and the facilities clean... but no frills

Fantastic hostel! One of the best I've stayed at. Great locations, with an awesome bar/restaurant downstairs providing really good breakfast included. They give a lot of great discounts as well. Right next to the tube station, a great price and a good vibe overall. Will stay here again when I come through London.

I liked the Pride of Paddington, because it has a lot of facilities and good location: near to subway and turistic points, such as Science Museum and Victoria and Albert Museum. However, I think the staff was not so polite and the toilets dirty.

The hostel was right off of the Paddington station stop. Very convenient to all of the touristy things near Parliament Square. Rooms were very clean and there were lots of options in terms of bathrooms and showers. Not much of a common area, though.

Awesome breakfast! Everything else is ok.

What a dump! Oh, the location is great and it's cheap, especially with the free breakfast and WiFi. Sometimes, when in the mood, the staff may even be friendly. However that's it. Granted, they do try and clean it, but the bathrooms are a mycologist's paradise nonetheless. I don't mind staying in crowded smelly dorms where getting any rest is a matter of luck, but I do expect being able to lock away my things somewhere. With a joke of a locker in a constantly open room, this isn't such a place.

• 23rd Sep 2014

When i was greeted by the staff to check in, i did not feel welcomed. I have been all over Europe going from Hostel to Hostel and every hostel greeted me with a friendly smile and was happy to be working there so when i went to a Hostel in my own country i was slightly disappointed knowing that if this is the service that we provide it is embarrassing.

• 23rd Sep 2014

really good breakfast plus vouchers for coffee etc. I had scambled egg on Toast which was free and filling, a plesant surprize

• 20th Sep 2014

Great location! Walking distance to oxford street and the staff were lovely. Breakfast provided was delish as well xx

• 20th Sep 2014

I booked a Standard 8 Bed Mixed Dorm, but I was allocated to a 10 bed dorm. I had to pay the same amount of money. This was ridiculous. The staff member's explaination was even more ridiculous. She claimed that they just put extra beds there and would not let people sleep.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • China

Pride of Paddington is a pub, and probably a very good one. The hostel aspect is hugely neglected in my opinion. None of the extra facilities/services you may expect from other hostels. Good wifi connection, they offer breakfast which I left too early to enjoy. Staff were mixed. I was treated nicely on arrival but I was ignored for about 10 minutes in favour of the bar customers on another evening. Room was basic but no problems, toilets are separate but fine. Common room was a nice touch.

Good food and drink, location convenient

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Easy to access. Typical hostel. There was ALWAYS a wait for a bathroom, whether using the toilet or showering. Also, I did not think the bathrooms were up to any sort of a standard, as the ceiling above the shower was moldy and that is a health problem in my opinion. Also, the drains were clogged in 3 of the showers i used, so you stood in 3 inches of water during your shower. The breakfast was meh - eggs were always runny which I hate. Staff was fantastic. Overall 6.5/10 in my opinion.

right on top of the train station. just remember, it is a pub first and hostel second. if you really need something past 19:00 you may get ignored for a while as pub patrons get priority. they can mess up bookings, causing room changes...which are annoying if you are staying multiple nights. good, hearty breakfast.

I had a good stay here. When I arrived it was a little confusing as to where to check in but the staff were friendly and helped me out. They were also great about sorting my early check out. Room was small and packed with beds but comfy beds and nice linen. I hardly slept but it was a good bed. Showers were ok, nice and clean. Difficult to find hair dryers though. Didn't stay for breakfast so can't comment there. Really close to paddington for Heathrow express which was what I needed. Good value

Welcoming, friendly and helpful staff. Thank you Miguel.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Stayed for 3 nights...bed comfortable enough...room a bit small. Decent cooked English breakfast included in the price. Staff in the bar seemed overworked but were helpful and friendly. One negative was that there was no toilet paper in the bathroom/toilet on two mornings when I woke up...not good. Also overpriced beer in the pub. But good value accomodation and would stay again.