Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

Bunk beds were "creaky" and squeaked very loudly with every move. Would be nice to have a dorm option without bunk beds. Not able to sit up in the bottom bunk, no chairs in the room. Fans in the room were broken. Cage lockers under bed were broken and could not be locked. Lockers were not very secure. Easy to break into when I locked my keys inside.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Pride of Paddington is actually a Pub, and the hostel side of things is a recent addition. They are still working out the kinks, and I think working very hard and adding little touches. However, some of the basics just aren't there. The lockers were too small for my bag (they were very small). The service as an improvement from some reviews but the staff are trained to be pub servers and don't know how to offer accommodation type services. They should try staying at IYH to get some ideas.

• 3rd Jul 2014

one of the showers had only hot water. the other shower had a door that didn't close so the water was leaking from the shower to the floor which left the whole floor wet. I say this is my biggest issue with the place. more showers

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Iraq

I didn't really like it here, but for one night it was fine. Rooms smelt a little, there is only one powerpoint in the room, some of the lockers didn't work, the bathrooms are mixed and kind of dingy (get up early for shower privacy). The breakfast was wonderful though. Had no problems checking in on a Saturday night at the bar, no elevator if that is an issue.

While staying at pride of paddington, my first reaction was that it seemed really dingy, and falling apart. The showers and bathrooms were not the cleanliest. The breakfast was really good in the morning. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Very nice place. Frendly atmosphere. Also I like your pub in downstares, lovely fish and cheeps.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Kazakhstan

Well, to start I booked a 6 person mixed room. Instead they put me in their tiny common room that also has 4 beds in it, they also didn't tell me that everyone in the entire hostel had access to my room 24hrs a day. Add in the fact that there were no lockers available... very insecure. 3 or the 4 showers that I tried didn't work properly. My room was also just a roofed in courtyard, so the entire ceiling was translucent white plastic, read, incredibly bright come about 530 Breakfast was

The shower room is not good at all...a bit dissapointed about it

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

I really wish there could have been a common room of some kind. It was also a little awkward because the girl who checked me in told me a bed was empty, and by the time I set up the bed, a guy came back telling me I was on his bed. Beds not very comfortable. Breakfast was amazing, although staff laughed at me when I asked for some hot water because I was really sick and needed it to mix medicine. Location is really close to Hyde Park.

I was pleasantly surprised with the hostel - its clean, tidy and comfortable to stay in. If you are travelling on a low budget it is definitely a good choice - it is very good value for money, especially considering the very central location and free breakfast in the morning :) It is located above a pub so the atmosphere is lively in the evenings !

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Nice hotel in Paddington - close to tube, railway station and opposite to Hilton Hotel :) Clean in the rooms and showers! Nice bar where served English (!) breakfast! HIGHLY RECOMENDED!

Despite in a general view everything was ok, it was my second experience in a hostal. The room didnt have enough plug ins (sorry dont know the word!) and my 2 friends and I were always looking for the time to charge our cell phones and cameras with the other guys. Everything else perfect! I suggest you to got there!

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

During this days at Pride of Paddington my friend was stolen. She left her things locked on the locker in the morning, but when we came back to the hostel the locker was opened and her bag, 2 sunglasses and 01 Samsung Tablet wasn't there anymore. The hostel didn't do anything to help us, they just offer a pint of beer...

• 10th Jun 2014

The location and the ambiance were both fantastic. However, there weren't very many showers, and the showers were not well maintained-- for example, the one closest to my room had a handle that was stuck, so the water was burning hot and could not be adjusted for temperature. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good and much more filling than what you would typically get at a hostel.

Our room was a little small for 6 people. Besides, I think there aren't bathrooms enough. Every now and then you had to wait to use it.

lockers and secure cages under bunk beds: locks were broken. bunk beds for children not suitable for adults over 1.70m; they would not be able to lie flat. toilet paper was not replenished. mould on the ceilings, metal fatigue in boilers with resulting staining of the bathroom walls. mould in the showers, sanitary waste on windowsill, booked a six berth room put in an eight berth room, out of date signs, disorganised check-in procedure at food service area of bar. comfy mattress though!

• 7th Jun 2014

The $20 deposit borders on a scam. There are some ridiculous conditions to get it back. The advertised common room is not available. There is no common area in the hostel. I had to try 4 showers before I found one that was operable. My dorm room was full of flies and subject to bar and street noise. The breakfast was excellent.

The hostel is very clean and ideally located for Paddington Station. However I didn't realise I had to put down a £20 deposit for the key in addition to the cost of staying, nearly doubling the price, and usually you can't check out before 8am without losing this deposit. Thankfully, because I made a fuss, I was able to check out at 7:30, so I could still get my train. Unfortunately, you can't get the 'included' breakfast at that time. Bathrooms were okay, but I couldn't access the common room.

• 6th Jun 2014

Breakfast was nice. Beds aren't that comfortable and are fairly creaky. Lack of powerpoints in the room, particularly near the beds. Lockers in the room aren't that secure...

Fantastic location for London first-timers. Close to a couple of tube stations and Hyde park. Bathrooms were very hit and miss. One good shower and if someone messes it up.... Not much of a hostel atmosphere as no common areas except for the pub. No laundry/kitchen etc. But the pub itself was nice and the staff were friendly enough. Free breakfast was great and the wifi was strong.