Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

Our room was a little small for 6 people. Besides, I think there aren't bathrooms enough. Every now and then you had to wait to use it.

lockers and secure cages under bunk beds: locks were broken. bunk beds for children not suitable for adults over 1.70m; they would not be able to lie flat. toilet paper was not replenished. mould on the ceilings, metal fatigue in boilers with resulting staining of the bathroom walls. mould in the showers, sanitary waste on windowsill, booked a six berth room put in an eight berth room, out of date signs, disorganised check-in procedure at food service area of bar. comfy mattress though!

• 7th Jun 2014

The $20 deposit borders on a scam. There are some ridiculous conditions to get it back. The advertised common room is not available. There is no common area in the hostel. I had to try 4 showers before I found one that was operable. My dorm room was full of flies and subject to bar and street noise. The breakfast was excellent.

The hostel is very clean and ideally located for Paddington Station. However I didn't realise I had to put down a £20 deposit for the key in addition to the cost of staying, nearly doubling the price, and usually you can't check out before 8am without losing this deposit. Thankfully, because I made a fuss, I was able to check out at 7:30, so I could still get my train. Unfortunately, you can't get the 'included' breakfast at that time. Bathrooms were okay, but I couldn't access the common room.

• 6th Jun 2014

Breakfast was nice. Beds aren't that comfortable and are fairly creaky. Lack of powerpoints in the room, particularly near the beds. Lockers in the room aren't that secure...

Fantastic location for London first-timers. Close to a couple of tube stations and Hyde park. Bathrooms were very hit and miss. One good shower and if someone messes it up.... Not much of a hostel atmosphere as no common areas except for the pub. No laundry/kitchen etc. But the pub itself was nice and the staff were friendly enough. Free breakfast was great and the wifi was strong.

As the other reviews say, the staff are always busy serving pub customers - you have to wait at least half hour to get what you need. And I got a big bug-bite from the room.

The location as fantastic! Straight connection to Paddington station and lots of stores. However, I often had trouble finding power outlets since there weren't always enough in the room. Also, since the hostel is run by the restaurant at the same time, the staff really didn't have time to look after us. However, the food here is awesome---Always eat breakfast (I recommend English Breakfast!) here, and maybe other meals as well :)

I loved this place! The price was just right in my budget and the staff was extremely helpful. I will say it's not the fastest service but they do show everyone the same curtesy! The rooms are above a pub which is really nice after a long international flight. The full english breakfast is the best part here. It is very good and who doesn't love free breakfast. The bathrooms were nice, I was expecting worse as this was my first hostle expeirence. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Was there few hours to rest between 2 concerts & 2 planes. Accomodation as boasted very well situated from Paddington Stn, which hosts commercial centre and supermarket. Tight on budget so did not sit at the pub but it's a cosy place to share a drink. Accomodation very popular with young folk but staff with whom I dealt, Paolo and charming French colleague made me feel comfortable & was well treated even when the pub busy. Wi-Fi v gd, breakfast ok (incl.!), bring padlock though safety not issue

• 29th May 2014
  • Mauritius

Located just over the pub, it's a nice hostel for a short stay. You get quite a lot of vouchers for the pub and free full-breakfast.

The included breakfast was great

I really like the central location of the hostel and that there was a pub attached to it. However, there wasn't as much of a chance to socialize with other hostel dwellers.The pub acted as more of a separate establishment, so if you weren't a neighborhood patron you didn't feel as comfortable. That being said the only other con aside from a wonderful stay was the beds. Please get comfier beds. Other than that we had a great time and loved the location, value, and everything else about it!

• 24th May 2014

The bathrooms were the most horrid things I've ever set foot in. The showers don't work and it's just a pigsty. Wet towels covering the floor mould everywhere and it was just gross. It's at the back of a pub and has a massive chill out area which is great tvs couches etc. no cooking facilities. Very poor location. Not close to tube. The rooms stink in the big dorm rooms. Smells of feet and bad body odour(not helped by the unusable bathroom. Wouldn't stay there again if you paid me.

very clean, there is a small wait to check in or do any hostel business since the employees are also running the pub, but as long as you know there's a bit of a wait, its no big deal! breakfast is AMAZING the pancakes with bacon or the full english (ask if you want vegetarian version) is SO good! very nice and close to the tube so you can get anywhere in a matter of minutes!

I booked this hostel at quite short notice based on its location to Paddington Station (Tube and Rail).There were no restrictions on booking just the Friday night over a Bank holiday weekend, which was great as myself and my friend were only in for the one night to see Arctic Monkeys! And there were also no age restrictions (I'm 35, but some hostels in London deem me too old to stay in them).The staff were friendly, free breakfast was great, with additional vouchers for money off other food.

Great staff Meals were great Breakfast included (with a good range of free options) Overall a great place to stay A short walk from Paddington station so everything is in easy reach Recommend to all travellers looking for a great place to stay

• 23rd May 2014
  • New Zealand

If you're looking for a good value place to stay in the centre of London, this could be the place for you. The showers were hot, the beds comfortable and there's a good complimentary breakfast included!! The only negative for me was that I had a roommate from hell who got back from partying at around 2am and disturbed everyone else's sleep. But that had nothing to do with the venue... And the other roommates were quite nice and made good evening companions with plenty of jokes and laughter.

This was my first ever stay in a hostel and I was very impressed. Some people had written about having a poor experience with check in, but I had the exact opposite. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast every morning was fantastic. The rooms were clean and location was great. My only complaints were that most of the lockers were broken and unable to lock and that the toilet paper in the bathrooms was never replaced properly. A new roll was just left out, not in the dispenser.

Hi Thank you for taking time to post a review. The locker situation has been resolved and when you stay with us next time you will have plenty of lockers to use. With regards to not placing toilet rolls in dispenser, I have to agree with you entirely and I have instigated further staff training to ensure this never happens again. We hope to see you again at the Pride of Paddington Regards Steve - General Manager

The pub downstairs is busy, which is good. I love that breakfast is included; it's a great opportunity to try traditional English food w/o breaking bank. Clean rooms. Beds are not comfiest, but serve their purpose. I arrived after regular check-in hours & told them what time I'd arrive. They said I HAD to call, which made me nervous bc I didn't have a phone. For the safety of a guest, I'd think they'd have someone wait (even just sleep) by the door around the time I was scheduled to arrive.

• 22nd May 2014