Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

The bathrooms were the most horrid things I've ever set foot in. The showers don't work and it's just a pigsty. Wet towels covering the floor mould everywhere and it was just gross. It's at the back of a pub and has a massive chill out area which is great tvs couches etc. no cooking facilities. Very poor location. Not close to tube. The rooms stink in the big dorm rooms. Smells of feet and bad body odour(not helped by the unusable bathroom. Wouldn't stay there again if you paid me.

very clean, there is a small wait to check in or do any hostel business since the employees are also running the pub, but as long as you know there's a bit of a wait, its no big deal! breakfast is AMAZING the pancakes with bacon or the full english (ask if you want vegetarian version) is SO good! very nice and close to the tube so you can get anywhere in a matter of minutes!

I booked this hostel at quite short notice based on its location to Paddington Station (Tube and Rail).There were no restrictions on booking just the Friday night over a Bank holiday weekend, which was great as myself and my friend were only in for the one night to see Arctic Monkeys! And there were also no age restrictions (I'm 35, but some hostels in London deem me too old to stay in them).The staff were friendly, free breakfast was great, with additional vouchers for money off other food.

Great staff Meals were great Breakfast included (with a good range of free options) Overall a great place to stay A short walk from Paddington station so everything is in easy reach Recommend to all travellers looking for a great place to stay

• 23rd May 2014
  • New Zealand

If you're looking for a good value place to stay in the centre of London, this could be the place for you. The showers were hot, the beds comfortable and there's a good complimentary breakfast included!! The only negative for me was that I had a roommate from hell who got back from partying at around 2am and disturbed everyone else's sleep. But that had nothing to do with the venue... And the other roommates were quite nice and made good evening companions with plenty of jokes and laughter.

This was my first ever stay in a hostel and I was very impressed. Some people had written about having a poor experience with check in, but I had the exact opposite. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast every morning was fantastic. The rooms were clean and location was great. My only complaints were that most of the lockers were broken and unable to lock and that the toilet paper in the bathrooms was never replaced properly. A new roll was just left out, not in the dispenser.

Hi Thank you for taking time to post a review. The locker situation has been resolved and when you stay with us next time you will have plenty of lockers to use. With regards to not placing toilet rolls in dispenser, I have to agree with you entirely and I have instigated further staff training to ensure this never happens again. We hope to see you again at the Pride of Paddington Regards Steve - General Manager

The pub downstairs is busy, which is good. I love that breakfast is included; it's a great opportunity to try traditional English food w/o breaking bank. Clean rooms. Beds are not comfiest, but serve their purpose. I arrived after regular check-in hours & told them what time I'd arrive. They said I HAD to call, which made me nervous bc I didn't have a phone. For the safety of a guest, I'd think they'd have someone wait (even just sleep) by the door around the time I was scheduled to arrive.

• 22nd May 2014

A simple but nice hostel above a pub near Paddington station. Location was great and room was clean and well laid-out. Would stay again.

Extremely loud: very noisy roads in front of the hostel and noisy doors (no door handles, as common in England) inside. Air quality very bad, as you cannot open the windows properly (as everywhere in England).

• 16th May 2014
  • Switzerland

This hostel is situated above a pub which is cool but not for young people trying to meet each other. I went down for a drink and I was the youngest person there (at 22) by years. Then about 50 8 year olds checked in right after me and started running around and screaming. The common room was locked so I didn't meet anyone Wifi was awful Everything needs updating (bathrooms and bedrooms)

The place was near the station so that was awesome and fairly close to the hyde park. As it is a pub downstairs its nice to chill out but only if u meet people. Meeting people was only the ones in the dorm. breakfast was nice and simple. Beds were a little creaky but had extra storage.

The pride of paddington was great overall! The rooms were a bit small and it got loud at night, but otherwise no serious complaints. I loved the bar! I met some amazing people from all over the world! also you can't beat the location! Right across the street from the Paddington stop!

maybe the best place to stay and have a drink in paddington

• 9th May 2014

I stayed there for two nights, the place was nice but there was none in charge of the hostel. you have to go to the bar to ask for everything and they were always too busy so you have to wait...

• 9th May 2014
  • Uruguay

Dear A, thank you for your review. Our business does have some duality and unlike other hostels, with similar facilities, our bar area and hostel do occupy different floors, which makes it impossible to have the reception anywhere else but at the bar. Our team try and accommodate all guests and will be as prompt with check ins as is humanly possible. This does mean waiting sometimes, but you will still get service with a smile everytime. We hope to see you back soon.

Great location if passing thru London,near the train and tube station. Staff were friendly . Great hot breakfast included . Rooms were clean. Only one outlet in the girls room. Big lockers in room. You have to climb pretty narrow and steep stairs to get to the rooms so wouldn't recommend for those with mobility issues . This hostel caters to all travellers including children. There was a huge school group while I was there .

It's a nice place to stay, good value for money, I only stayed a brief night in this lovely hostel, the staff was friendly and helpful. And i had a superb breakfast to start my day. I would definitely go back to stay and recommend it to my friends.

Great location and breakfast. A bit noisy in late night and early morning. Overall it is good.

• 2nd May 2014
  • China

Had a really nice stay at the Pride of Paddington. I arrived really early in the morning, could drop off my luggage immediately and had breakfast in the pub that belongs to the hostel. When the staff heard I hadn't checked in yet and wouldn't be able to make breakfast the day after, they already gave me the voucher for the included breakfast. The dorm was large and had lockers, the bed was good and the shower was hot. I couldn't have asked for more, and I definitely plan to come back here!

It is for sure that the hostel's advantages outnumber the disadvantages seriously. The most important lack of the hostel is that they don't have secured lockers, they have small lockers but they don't have locks on them you should buy one before settling. It is clean and looks secured and reliable and in the centre of the paddington and very close to the underground station.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

Clean Hostel, locaton is good, next to Paddington train station and blocks away from Hyde Park. They provide discounts for their own bar downstairs. Bathrooms where OK, but hand dryer broken on one (no paper) and shower holder broken on the other one. Mattresses were not great. Breakfast is good, only free until 10 am at their bar, no tolerance at all (10:05 didn't cut it). Other that that, clean place, ok hostel.

Dear I, thank you for posting a review. The shower holders have now been replaced and the hand-drier was never broken, just switched off at the wall switch. With regards to the tolerance on breakfasts I have to say that this is universal amongst hotels that when breakfasts have finished, they have finished. I hope, however, that my team were courteous to you, when explaining this at your check in. We do have to have some parameters for feeding our guests.