Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

The pride of paddington was great overall! The rooms were a bit small and it got loud at night, but otherwise no serious complaints. I loved the bar! I met some amazing people from all over the world! also you can't beat the location! Right across the street from the Paddington stop!

maybe the best place to stay and have a drink in paddington

• 9th May 2014

I stayed there for two nights, the place was nice but there was none in charge of the hostel. you have to go to the bar to ask for everything and they were always too busy so you have to wait...

• 9th May 2014
  • Uruguay

Dear A, thank you for your review. Our business does have some duality and unlike other hostels, with similar facilities, our bar area and hostel do occupy different floors, which makes it impossible to have the reception anywhere else but at the bar. Our team try and accommodate all guests and will be as prompt with check ins as is humanly possible. This does mean waiting sometimes, but you will still get service with a smile everytime. We hope to see you back soon.

Great location if passing thru London,near the train and tube station. Staff were friendly . Great hot breakfast included . Rooms were clean. Only one outlet in the girls room. Big lockers in room. You have to climb pretty narrow and steep stairs to get to the rooms so wouldn't recommend for those with mobility issues . This hostel caters to all travellers including children. There was a huge school group while I was there .

It's a nice place to stay, good value for money, I only stayed a brief night in this lovely hostel, the staff was friendly and helpful. And i had a superb breakfast to start my day. I would definitely go back to stay and recommend it to my friends.

Great location and breakfast. A bit noisy in late night and early morning. Overall it is good.

• 2nd May 2014
  • China

Had a really nice stay at the Pride of Paddington. I arrived really early in the morning, could drop off my luggage immediately and had breakfast in the pub that belongs to the hostel. When the staff heard I hadn't checked in yet and wouldn't be able to make breakfast the day after, they already gave me the voucher for the included breakfast. The dorm was large and had lockers, the bed was good and the shower was hot. I couldn't have asked for more, and I definitely plan to come back here!

It is for sure that the hostel's advantages outnumber the disadvantages seriously. The most important lack of the hostel is that they don't have secured lockers, they have small lockers but they don't have locks on them you should buy one before settling. It is clean and looks secured and reliable and in the centre of the paddington and very close to the underground station.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

Clean Hostel, locaton is good, next to Paddington train station and blocks away from Hyde Park. They provide discounts for their own bar downstairs. Bathrooms where OK, but hand dryer broken on one (no paper) and shower holder broken on the other one. Mattresses were not great. Breakfast is good, only free until 10 am at their bar, no tolerance at all (10:05 didn't cut it). Other that that, clean place, ok hostel.

Dear I, thank you for posting a review. The shower holders have now been replaced and the hand-drier was never broken, just switched off at the wall switch. With regards to the tolerance on breakfasts I have to say that this is universal amongst hotels that when breakfasts have finished, they have finished. I hope, however, that my team were courteous to you, when explaining this at your check in. We do have to have some parameters for feeding our guests.

I particularly liked the cozy atmosphere in the hostel's pub. The staff was very nice and friendly and the English Breakfast (offered by the hostel for all people who stay in a room) was fantastic. The room was a bit small and it often was complicated to move around with large suitcases. Also the bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner and better taken care of.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Austria

During check in the room are not ready and looks like there is some one still staying in that room as locker are lock with pad lock and this make us feel uncomfortable, the worse part is we have to lay linen onto the bed our-self which we don't have to do for other hostel.

The hostel is very good location. The english breakfast is delicious. The bathrooms are cleaned every hour and you have total privacy (the showers are individual). The facilities are very old but clean. The underground can make some noise in the rooms, so if you have light sleep it'll be a problem. For me it was ok.

Everything is good but the staff behind bar were too busy to help checking-in. It took a little long time to waiting for the check-in service.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • China

Got bed lices the first night covered in bites bout only good thing to say about this place is the top notch breaky the put on

Didn't even stay the night. It looks and feels like a prison cell. It seems clean, to be fair. The staff are way too busy running the pub downstairs to really be bothered with the hostel guests, and that really put me off. The location is near a subway station, which is good, but it's not near any of the touristy stuff and not near anywhere that seemed to be worth spending time at, so it didn't seem like it was really worth the price. Won't ever go there again.

Dear H, thank you for posting a review. I am sorry that you felt your stay was in some way spoiled by the location of our hostel and it's decor. To give you a fair response I am replying to your personal email as I cannot get my point across in the limited space I have on this forum. Steve - General Manager

We had a really nice stay. Great hostel, clean rooms, delicious English breakfast. Staff very busy, but helpful and apolgetic. Great connections with turist locations (tube - cca 10 min to Westminster). We will come there again!

The rooms were very small and very basic, and the hostel doesn't sell or hire locks for their lockers. However, the breakfast included with the room was very good, and the place had a pleasant, cozy atmosphere. This is a very small and basic hostel, but it more than gets the job done.

• 15th Apr 2014

Dear W, thank you for taking time to post a review and we are glad that we made you feel welcome. We hope to see you back in the Pride soon. Steve - General Manager

Staff and location are great. The facilities were so-so. They were mostly clean, but the bathrooms could have used more attention throughout the day. The main issue of my stay was a troublesome guest in the room, but that's not really the fault of the hostel.

perfect breakfast and nice atmosphere.

I had a great time staying at The Pride of Paddington, the food in the pub downstairs was really good, especially the full english breakfast included with the stay! The bartenders/hostel staff were all very friendly and made me feel comfortable there despite travelling alone. My only concern was that it seemed on two nights of my stay something strange was going on and people who weren't supposed to be staying in my room were there. That is the problem with using actual keys to lock the doors.