Pride of Paddington Reviews

1-3 Craven Road, Paddington, London, England

Clean Hostel, locaton is good, next to Paddington train station and blocks away from Hyde Park. They provide discounts for their own bar downstairs. Bathrooms where OK, but hand dryer broken on one (no paper) and shower holder broken on the other one. Mattresses were not great. Breakfast is good, only free until 10 am at their bar, no tolerance at all (10:05 didn't cut it). Other that that, clean place, ok hostel.

Dear I, thank you for posting a review. The shower holders have now been replaced and the hand-drier was never broken, just switched off at the wall switch. With regards to the tolerance on breakfasts I have to say that this is universal amongst hotels that when breakfasts have finished, they have finished. I hope, however, that my team were courteous to you, when explaining this at your check in. We do have to have some parameters for feeding our guests.

I particularly liked the cozy atmosphere in the hostel's pub. The staff was very nice and friendly and the English Breakfast (offered by the hostel for all people who stay in a room) was fantastic. The room was a bit small and it often was complicated to move around with large suitcases. Also the bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner and better taken care of.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Austria

During check in the room are not ready and looks like there is some one still staying in that room as locker are lock with pad lock and this make us feel uncomfortable, the worse part is we have to lay linen onto the bed our-self which we don't have to do for other hostel.

The hostel is very good location. The english breakfast is delicious. The bathrooms are cleaned every hour and you have total privacy (the showers are individual). The facilities are very old but clean. The underground can make some noise in the rooms, so if you have light sleep it'll be a problem. For me it was ok.

Everything is good but the staff behind bar were too busy to help checking-in. It took a little long time to waiting for the check-in service.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • China

Got bed lices the first night covered in bites bout only good thing to say about this place is the top notch breaky the put on

Didn't even stay the night. It looks and feels like a prison cell. It seems clean, to be fair. The staff are way too busy running the pub downstairs to really be bothered with the hostel guests, and that really put me off. The location is near a subway station, which is good, but it's not near any of the touristy stuff and not near anywhere that seemed to be worth spending time at, so it didn't seem like it was really worth the price. Won't ever go there again.

Dear H, thank you for posting a review. I am sorry that you felt your stay was in some way spoiled by the location of our hostel and it's decor. To give you a fair response I am replying to your personal email as I cannot get my point across in the limited space I have on this forum. Steve - General Manager

We had a really nice stay. Great hostel, clean rooms, delicious English breakfast. Staff very busy, but helpful and apolgetic. Great connections with turist locations (tube - cca 10 min to Westminster). We will come there again!

The rooms were very small and very basic, and the hostel doesn't sell or hire locks for their lockers. However, the breakfast included with the room was very good, and the place had a pleasant, cozy atmosphere. This is a very small and basic hostel, but it more than gets the job done.

• 15th Apr 2014

Dear W, thank you for taking time to post a review and we are glad that we made you feel welcome. We hope to see you back in the Pride soon. Steve - General Manager

Staff and location are great. The facilities were so-so. They were mostly clean, but the bathrooms could have used more attention throughout the day. The main issue of my stay was a troublesome guest in the room, but that's not really the fault of the hostel.

perfect breakfast and nice atmosphere.

I had a great time staying at The Pride of Paddington, the food in the pub downstairs was really good, especially the full english breakfast included with the stay! The bartenders/hostel staff were all very friendly and made me feel comfortable there despite travelling alone. My only concern was that it seemed on two nights of my stay something strange was going on and people who weren't supposed to be staying in my room were there. That is the problem with using actual keys to lock the doors.

Pride of Paddington was in a great spot, not a long tube ride to the attractions of central London however the room only had two outlets for 6 people which made charging phones etc difficult. Also there seemed to be more people staying in the room then the capacity on some nights which didn't make it feel very secure. I had never stayed in a hostel previously and found checking in a bit confusing as I didn't know where to go, but the free breakfast was definitely a highlight!

• 12th Apr 2014

This hostel was nice. It was conveniently located near the Paddington tube stop and Paddington station. The breakfast was really nice, rather than a standard continental breakfast you get a voucher for a breakfast from the hostel restaurant. The room was a little small and crowded when trying to pack up your suitcase before checking out but overall nice and had a locker. The free wifi worked well. They also have coin operated hair dryers and straightners although I didn't actually use them.

I thought that staff were great and helpful. It was clean and in a good location. I enjoyed my stay and got the chance to meet a few new people. The only thing I thought could be improved -- although I'm not sure how practical it will be to do this -- is to have someone available just for assisting hostel guests. It can be hard to get the attention of the staff when the pub is busy.

• 11th Apr 2014

Great for Paddington Station and getting to Central London.

I do like that the hostel is close to paddington station, can't beat that, and that they give you free breakfast which is actually very good. However the staff isn't all to friendly but like others have said it may be because they also run a bar. I think they just lacked a sense of welcome and even helpfulness on where to go and what to see. Rooms were ok but the bathrooms are a bit weird, also had the one shower that provided ONLY hot water...not cool.

• 5th Apr 2014

ふつうに良かった。パディントン駅から近いし、スタッフも親切。朝ごはんも美味しかった!

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Japan

I stayed there with a friend for one night. I had an excellent experience there, the personnel was really welcoming and helpful, the room was clean. Nothing bad to say about it really for the price it was really good. Plus, I love the neighbourhood and it's just one street away from the Tube and a few street away to High Park. I will got there again during my next stay in London for sure!

• 30th Mar 2014

This hostel was a great choice to stay at! I stayed at 2 hostels and this was the best! Excellent breakfast (you get variety of options), discounts on food and clean rooms. The staff were helpful and polite but not very sharp (they messed up my final billing and food bills which was a bit annoying, but sorted it later). Their linens are clean and bathrooms are good. Since it is near a street, it gets a bit noisy at night, but that is not their fault. I would strongly recommend this hostel.