Pridi Hostel Reviews

Corner of Soi Pridi 35, Sukhumvit 71 Road, Unit Number 957/43, Klongtan Nue, Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand

I only stayed one night in Bangkok, but it was a great place - not too far from the skytrain, so easy to get to the city, delicious (vegan) backpacker-breakfast was included (toast with jam, banana and tea), very friendly staff (boss is a passionate backpacker himself), clean location. Rooms to the street are a bit noisy, but okay. only a bit more than 20 minutes from the airport by taxi, but you can also take the skyrail.

• 3rd Mar 2014

I enjoyed every aspect of my stay at Pridi. The staff were more than hospitable. The ambiance of the hostel had a home feel to it. It is very quiet, and not a party hostel in the least. The breakfast was filling. The staff were very accommodating and they even gave me tips on where to shop, eat, how to be vigilant of swindlers, how to get around town, and whatever queries I presented to them. I highly recommend this hostel and would stay there in a heartbeat!

Great place! Clean cute and a great way to start or finish your travels in Thailand! Oh and they have HOT showers and laundry!!!

We really liked this place, it was our first day in bangkok, fresh off a late flight, it was nice to have a safe secure and homely environment. The directions to it are easy to follow, and the website told us 45bart was the taxi fee and when thw taxi tried for 150 we told him as much and he didn't argue so that was good. The location is nice and close to the trains and busses, it is a great beginner in bangkok homestay :) we will be returning when we come back to fly out.

• 13th Jan 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks and it felt like home. The place was great and clean and staff were so friendly. We had our room regularly cleaned and towels replaced. The AC worked great and everything was spotless. Although it's far from the centre of town, can easily get in on the sky train. There was breakfast prepared every morning and a nice backyard to relax in. Highly recommended!

Very nice room (although without window but I think that is quite common in BKK) and facilities. Super friendly staff. Location is ok. Good if you arrive late (like me) and don't want to go all the way from the airport to the city. Hot showers. Be prepared to climb some steeper steps if your room is on one of the upper floors ;)

Friendly staff, decent facilities with a warm shower and soft bedsheets however the highlight of this place would have to be the Toaster that makes smiley faces on the bread. 10/10 for effort

• 27th Dec 2013

Personally, I thought the hostel was great. Clean, quiet, comfortable, secure. I chose this hostel because it was outside of the city centre and in a residential neighbourhood. I was travelling with my mother, who does not travel often, and wanted to experience different aspects of Bangkok. She noticed that we would run out of toilet paper during the evening hours, but I think that was because the lobby closed around 7pm. I didn't find it a big deal, but that's why I put "good" for facilities.

The facilties are clean, the hostel itself is in good condition, proper beds and the well english speaking staff is very friendly. So all in all TOP. And the icing on the cake, breakfast included. So, it was the last night of my two Weeks in Thailand, and after a bunch of bad hostels these two Weeks, was this the best ending of my Holiday. I'm glad chosen Pridi Hostel.

Staff are very helpful and the area isn't touristy and has plenty of shops,bars and cafes. It's a small hostel with a very small common room so it didn't have much atmosphere. Good for a night or two in transit. Close to the bus station, airport and metro. Shared clean bathroom and showers. Double room doesn't have a window. Has AC and fan.

• 10th Dec 2013

Staff are really helpful. Had issues with booking bus tickets on 'ThaiTicketMajor.com' they helped us book and print off receipt and told us where to pay it (7/11). This info was not available on the website. Let us stay in the common room to watch TV etc after check out(bus was at night). Rooms are clean and large. Located in the outer district, 3-40mins walk to the train station but great if you want a more local experience outside the city.

The managers of this hostel speak english very well and are helpful and able to provide useful advice for most situations. While the hostel is located in eastern BKK, it is away from the tourist-trap areas of Khao San Rd, but is quite close to Ramkamhaeng Station on the airport link line, making it convenient for people catching flights or using the eastern bus terminal (e.g. buses to Pattaya). It is also not far to Skytrain stations for easy access to most other areas.