Prima Base Hostel Reviews

Via Osimo 61, Rome, Italy

This place was pretty nice. The staff barely knew English but weren't snappy if you did soemthing wrong. This place has a stove which also boils water quicker than I thought physically possible which is good. The supermarket was just around the corner and it's in a neighbourhood where on two separate occasions a random old lady noticed I was lost and helped me. It's walking distance from Rebibbia train station if your okay with a bit of a walk, but there's also a bus stop to that if you want.

The hotel staff particularly friendly,Very sincere~

• 12th Sep 2014
  • China

Awesome place and the owner is cool

Our room was very dirty, as well as the kitchen. We had to ask several time to have the bathroom clean. Staff came in our room before cleaning time without care it was seven in the mormong and we was still sleeping. And eventually they do the worst coffee in Italy

• 11th Aug 2014

The staff was amazing. They are very kind and try to mean your needs. i am so grateful I stayed there. Thanks again!!

• 3rd Aug 2014

At the end of the day, this was just a place for me to sleep and a kitchen for me to use. There was no central social room, which I missed as I'm travelling alone. I got eaten alive by Mosquitos (counted over 50 on just my legs). And there isn't hot water 24/7. Also, if you're travelling on a tight budget like myself, spending €6 a day on travel to and from the centre of Rome isn't worth it. Next time I will spend the extra few € a night to stay somewhere cleaner and more central

The hostel was clean and security was good. Quick and quite easy to reach via public transport. Staff was rather unhelpful, beds were creaky, no ventilation, no LOCKABLE lockers, walls were paper-thin and the dog that seemed to belong to the hostel kept barking all night, so no chance of a good night's rest. I've stayed in cheaper places and slept much better.

• 18th Jul 2014

We only stayed for one night, but we had booked a six bed dorm but was put in one for 12 people, which wasn't great. The beds were put extremely close together which made it difficult to get in and out of them. However the staff was very nice, and for the price we payed it was fairly clean. After all we managed to get a good nights sleep. Wouldn't stay there again though.

The hardest thing to ignore is location. Be prepared to travel 40+ mins to and from city on metro/bus. I found there to be a lack of atmosphere at the place too, no real 'activities' or incentives for guests to mingle and socialise. Bathroom facilities were fine, plenty of them and reasonably clean. Be aware if you're flying in late to Rome (past 10pm) you could be stung with a late check-in fee per hour you arrive late, due to reception close time at 11pm.

NEVER STAY HERE! It is in the worst part of town in Rome and NOT worth staying here even to save money. There are prostitutes roaming everywhere at night and a jail is not far from the hostel. I have never felt more uncomfortable and unsafe then at this hostel. It is dirty and run-down and the beds smell like dirty feet. I had paid for two nights and did not sleep at all my first night so went to different accommodation the next- without my money back. I would never recommend this to anybody!

• 2nd Jul 2014