Prima Base Hostel Reviews

Via Osimo 61, Rome, Italy

NEVER STAY HERE! It is in the worst part of town in Rome and NOT worth staying here even to save money. There are prostitutes roaming everywhere at night and a jail is not far from the hostel. I have never felt more uncomfortable and unsafe then at this hostel. It is dirty and run-down and the beds smell like dirty feet. I had paid for two nights and did not sleep at all my first night so went to different accommodation the next- without my money back. I would never recommend this to anybody!

• 2nd Jul 2014

The first impression of the hostel is that you're not going to be ok sleeping there, but inside they have a good place, it's clean, cheap, and calm, the staff are nice people, the only thing is that it's a lot of people going around and look that they live there so it's weird, and the general mood is not the best. Security is ok (leave my luggage with them for 2 days and nothing happen) . Bad thing, it's far from the city center but for the price It's nice only if you go to sleep there

The staff is cool,kind and like to help, but I missed some breakfast. For the girls room there is bathroom inside. The location is far from the center, do you have to take metro and bus to go to centre and return, too.

A decent place to stay if you don't have any other place at the same price but honestly, it was a bit far from the city and the washrooms in the place were really bad. The worst part was we had booked one 4 bedroom private bathroom but were given two 2 bedroom common bathroom rooms.(Also, the wifi wasn't really working)

The location is not so bad for those who want to see the city, but it is really bad for going out at night. The staff is awesome!

The good things about Prima Base Hostel are location and everyday room cleaning. The other things are mush worse- dirty showers,toilet flushes are working just from time to time,very few tableware in the kitchen and for using the microwave or cooker you have to pay additional price,there was a sink in our room,which also had a problems with water flushing,window handle in our room was broken too. There's been too noisy in the evening and every door's opening/closing sounded like explosion

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Russia

This hostel was by far the worst place I have ever stayed. We were scared to leave our room because of the area. Also the men that worked there consistantly hit on us and tried to get us to go places with them! The hostel is couple blocks from the jail and 45 mins away from city centre! If you want to have a good time in Rome please don't stay here!

• 13th Apr 2014

Creepy staff who lingers around with their creepy friends. Not in a safe area at all. Took us an hour to get into the city leaving at 6 am, if we left later it took even longer due to traffic! The bathrooms didn't look like they had ever been cleaned and they were always out of toilet paper and soap. Pay a little bit extra to stay in some place better!!!

• 12th Apr 2014

The location is sketchy, we were a bit scared and it was in the middle of nowhere! It was dirty, there were no toilet seats or toilet paper, the shower looked gross and it smelled funcky and you had to pay to use the kitchen which wasnt very good either. Would never go back there ever!

Had a really nice time in this hostel! The hostel is pretty big and they do a lot of cleaning throughout the day, if staying for a short time not a bad option!

Great hostel! I would recommed this place for everybody. Very nice and helpfull Mohamed on frontdesk. It was pleasure stay there.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Poland

Overall the hostel was cheap but quite far away from the city center ( more or less half an hour by bus/metro) to get to the city center . I was surprised to discover a shower that was kind of "broke" , a toilet without seat and not so clean. There was no soap to wash our hands. I left this hostel having the impression of having slept in a really old hostel ( I least there is a kitchen ( and you can ask for oil ...) and the team is nice!