Prince Albert Backpackers (formerly Fern Lodge) Reviews

113 Nile street, Nelson, New Zealand

Stayed here for weekend, staff were great,really good cheap food and rooms were nice and also clean. Have stayed at plenty of backpacker's and this is up their with the best of them. Good for all ages.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Worst place ever in NZ and in my life. dirty flore. staff party was too loud to sleep in the night. hot water last 2min. bed is not confortable. you can't bring ur own food or drink. i'm very disappointed about this place. I should not trust all the good reviews. I don't want anyone anymore to upset for your good time.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Japan

Hi Eri - Firstly I would like to apologise that your stay with us seemed to not meet either your or our expectations. A dirty floor is unacceptable. For the rest of it I feel you are misinformed. Our hot water is heated by gas on demand so for it to run out would mean that Nelson has run out of gas! Also it is completely untrue that you can't bring your own food & drink. We have a kitchen & dining room for you to use. All we ask that you don't bring your own food and drink into the bar!!

Awesome hostel! Great staff! Great place! Breakfast was AMAZING