Prince Albert Backpackers Reviews

113 Nile street, Nelson, New Zealand

Staff were exceptionally friendly and the facilities were brilliant. Thanks so much for making my three night stay extremely enjoyable. I will definitely return.

Very good value! Nice 5-10 min walk from city centre! Overall, a good experience!

The stuff are very friendly and helpful. The hostel is very clean, the rooms and the beds very comfortable. And the pancake- breakfast delicious. I really could recommend every backpacker to visit this lovely hostel in the centre of Nelson. Thank you for this amazing place!

best hostel we have ever stayed in.

The hostel has a nice atmosphere and facilities. Unfortunately the kitchen has no door and is more or less outside - so in winter it can be very cold and stoves shut down at 9 o'clock. The hostel was nice especially the breakfast was very good. But there were two woman at reception (i guess one is the owner) who were not that nice and we didn't feel very welcome at all. We felt like another "annoying task" for them to do.

Interesting place with a bar/restaurant very popular with the public, and there benign a somewhat separate backpacker section. The bar seemed to attract a somewhat older crowd--at least the night we were there. The facilities were all very clean and comfortable. The waffle makers at breakfast were also well appreciated!

I stayed here for two nights. Great hostel because the have a good free breakfast (even if you have to leave earlier than the breakfast time they give you take away breakfast!), a nice bar with good deals on food and drinks, nice common areas and clean and comfortable rooms. And the guy at the reception/bar was friendly and helpful. Oh and you can borrow a bike for free! I would recommend staying here!

A random drunk guy that slept in the living room ran into me in the morning in the back courtyard. Security is deficient and needs to be improved, anybody can enter the yard from the back door. Would not recommend.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at.

• 27th Apr 2015

Awesome hostel!!!

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Nice place, but I was charged for 2 people when travelling alone and given a room. They may have made some concession for the fact that I was by myself. The manageress suggested I take a room, I'd initially booked into a dormitory. Those were filled with rowdies up drinking and smoking until the early hours - not the hostel's fault, but they should enforce some time constraints. The kitchens were a mess - not the hostel's fault again, some backpackers are porcine..

Room+bathroom is very good. Staff are very friendly, kind, full with service mind and very really professional. I & my friends are very happy to stay here.