Prince Albert Backpackers Reviews

113 Nile street, Nelson, New Zealand

Great staff and clean rooms. Stayed there two nights in a double room and will definitely go back if we end up back on this side of the world. They go the extra mile and it absolutely makes it stand out. Free breakfast is tight.

• 10th Feb 2016

- very clean and comfortable rooms - free wifi and free breakfast --> perfect - the owners are really nice and helpful - the other Staff is not that friendly

• 31st Jan 2016

Fantastic backpackers and we would definitely stay there again even if they stopped the free breakfast! It can get a bit rowdy on the weekend but after all it is a pub and it wasn't like that all night.

Loved it all! Looking for a great and helpful hostel? This is the place to go

• 4th Jan 2016

Awesome traveller atmosphere caused by the lovely conceot of the hostel! :) cool to have a bathroom directly connected to each room but an additional shared bathroom and shiwer would be great and mich more uncomplicated with the roommates..

• 23rd Dec 2015

Great atmosphere. Good location close to center but on a quiet street. $10 backpacker meal is a great deal (delicious risotto and fancy dessert). Staff was nice and pretty responsive while staying there. However, I left an item and have emailed multiple times to have them set aside for someone else to pick up and have not received a response.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Thank you Greg for being so helpful and accomodating to us 4 ladies. Would definitely recommend your property. Cheers Gloria

• 21st Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Great hostel, clean, friendly and cosy. Definitely recommend!

I think that the hostel was great. I might be mistaken, but I do not think that they have individual lockers for personal items which would be great! Besides this I think that the rooms were great, the outdoor patio was really nice, as well as the kitchen setup.

Love love loved this place, one of my favourite hostels in New Zealand. Great atmosphere with good deals for backpackers at the pub. Hostel rooms are not in the pub building itself so there is very little noise when you want to sleep. Kitchen, laundry, TV room facilities all good. Comfy beds. Easy to meet people. Easy transfers to / from Abel Tasman NP. Friendly and helpful staff. Can't rate this place highly enough. Stay here!

I was in a private room, so I can't speak for the dorms, but it was clean and comfortable. The atmosphere in the common area was good and the bartender was witty and friendly! Owners have a gorgeous dog, which won me over. :) A bit of a walk from the bus station. I would definitely recommend it to others and stay there again.

Really friendly staff who helped us plan a good majority of our trip in New Zealand. Definitely recommend this hostel! Wifi is the fastest we've seen at any hostel in New Zealand!

They fixed up a problem we had(not their fault) with alacrity and good will

• 7th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Great clean hostel. Felt more like a small resort. Built onto the side of an old English style pub. Cool staff. Free decent breakfast and wifi is a bonus. Location is cool, not far from town. Fair prices for the rooms.

Best hostel I've ever been, would definitely and highly recommend it!! Clean, comfy, good facilities, atmosphere is very good and the staff super friendly. Really loved my stay there, thanks again Mike and Nani!

One of the best hostels I've very stayed in. The pub that is attached to the hostel does great backpacker meals and has drink deals, but is also a low key place that locals visit too, which is great. The rooms were very clean with in-suite bathrooms and the owners were very helpful about organizing visits to Able Tasman and other things to do in the area. I extended my stay because I liked the hostel and the city so much.

I loved that they would give good discount on their drinks and FREE PIES from bakery every evening!!!!! Free breakfast as well! Good wifi!

Very good place to sleep and friendly staff !

Comfy bunks, and hammocks! Really liked the lounge room as well.

We were expecting from the other review that the bartender would be rude. The bartender was very friendly and helpful.