Princes Street Backpackers East

Very Good 1728 Total Reviews

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
15th May 2017
7.4

Backpackers East was in such an amazing location for the city. The bed was comfy and I had a really good sleep. There was nothing bad about the hostel but just after arriving I tried to leave and a man came running through to tell me it wasn't a good idea to leave the hostel. When I asked how I get out to go to work he just kept saying 'you don't open door' eventually he gave up and told me it was my choice. Aside from that a great place to stay. Will be going back.

13th May 2017
7.4

Very friendly staff. I had let them know that I would arrive very late, they replied right away saying it was no problem at all. The location is amazing, but the place desperately needs an upgrade. I felt like I was at a middle school camp, something was always broken, the showers didn't work, the bunk beds were so small, and it just didn't look clean. This place has such potential but glad I was only there 1 night, literally just needed a place to sleep.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
12th May 2017
6.3

Beds were awful, most of the showers were broken and the tiles on bathroom floors are cracked and broken.

• England, Male, 25-30
22nd Apr 2017
8.0

This hostel is in a top location, but has poor facilities.

11th Apr 2017

I really enjoyed this hostel. The staff were great I hung out with a few in their cinema room which is loaded with movies which was nice when I just wanted to relax and drink and watch a comedy movie. The location is amazing I don't think you can find a better location especially for the price. I stay in a 4 bed room dorm and the price was amazing. Also I loved how they had laundry service, you just leave your clothes with them and then later it's ready and clean and folded for you.

• England, Female, 18-24
4.3

This hostel is seriously lacking besides its ideal location it hasn't really got a whole lot more to offer. I can't understand why it has such a high rating on Hostel World. We booked late and this was one of the last hostels available. It has potential to be great but needs a refurbishment of some sort. The first room we were put in was freezing and second room the bed were squeaky as hell. Although location is central note that it is at the very top floor not making it ideal after a night out.

11th Apr 2017

Great cheap hostel with a good location. The beds aren't that comfy but it was okay. There is not in every room WiFi available so you have to go to the dining room but therefore you will meet a lot of people there!

• Indonesia, Female, 25-30
6.3

I totally would not recommend this hotel to anyone. If anything, I would tell people to avoid it. The place is so run down and you can tell that some parts of the hostel hasn't been cleaned in ages. Some of the facilities were broken too, like showers in the bathroom. The sheets were very itchy against my skin. The corridors also smell really bad in some areas. The only good thing is the location, and the kitchen was well equipped. The bathroom was also clean enough.

• USA, Female, 25-30
7.7

Considering the price, it wasn't bad but half of the showers were out of order for the week I stayed. Also there was no wifi access in the rooms at all. The staff were all friendly and the location is great.

• carloszepeda5180
  • Mexico, Couple, 25-30
3.4

Lousy hostel, extremely recommend you not to stay there. Our first night, the sheets were not clean, and it was discounting, neither the pillow cases, super smelly (they smelled like a head which hadn't been washed in ages) ... horrible. We managed to change rooms, then it was better. However, The whole hostel smells like a dumpster, I don't think they wash every day. All toilets and kitchen have water leaks, too. I advice you to put a bit more of money and find a cleaner place.