Princes Street Backpackers East Reviews

5 West Register Street - top floor, Edinburgh, Scotland

Plugs over the bed are the best thing I've seen in a hostel! 2 usbs and a worldwide adaptor is brilliant. There were no curtains in Edinburgh where the sun comes up at 4 and sets at 10?!

• 25th Jul 2015

Very good place to stay. People are friendly, and location is great. You can see that place would need some refurbishment but for the many we pay I cant complain.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Poland

The hostel is perfectly located in the city centre, so you can go walking almost everywhere that is of touristic interest in the city. Clean and tidy. Great people. Overall, really good experience, and great value for money.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Spain

There was no good commonroom to meet new people.But it's very central. You just have to go through a dark street in the eveninh. And that's not that nice if you are a girl on your own. But it is ok!

• 15th Jul 2015

Everything is good except the building is a little bit old. Friendly and helpful people, very good location!

• 11th Jul 2015
  • China

As a transsexual, who at times enjoys dressing as a reptile, I found this hostel to be quite nice. All I required was a bed to sleep in, a shower to shower in, and a good place to shed my scales. This is what I got.

Great hostel! You get 2 hours free wifi, can't see why there should be a limit:( Overall clean and cozy. Hostel was like a maze with small staircases and hallways everywhere:). Lockers under the beds. Kitchen had the basic, but the stoves didn't work only two out of eight were in function:(. Next to the train and bus station. Staff were nice.

The best location for a decent amount of money. Clean and nice rooms, always available showers and toilets. Comfy dinning room where you can always meet new people, read a book or play guitar )

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Latvia

Weekend was great! Had lots of fun. Though at a semi-shady location, it was just a couple minutes walk from all the major tourist attractions. Weird interior, but hostel provides all basic necessities.

• 20th Jun 2015

Overall it was a nice experience,only towards the end of our staying there was an unpleasant incident.it was 10:15 am and we were still in our pyjamas, one of us was brushing her teeth and then the person cleaning the rooms came in without knocking,opening the door with her own key and started cleaning the room while we were still in it ! The check out time is 10:30.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Poland

No curtains in the bedrooms and the blankets were so small they couldn't cover me fully. Only 2 hoursoffree wifi which sounds like a silly thing to whinge about but free wifi should basically be standard

As said on ad free wifi (only 2 hours) throughout which was not the case, not availablein room and free dinner for guests on Sunday's also didnt exist. But alot of food and entertainment goods on sale in reception which was kinda cool

Not my best hostel experience. The wifi wasn't working. There was long black hair in our "clean" beds. The showers on our floor was out of order, so we had to shower downstairs. The toilet on our floor was fairly clean - there was only one toilet on that floor and one morning staff occupied that toilet for half an hour, which is quite a lot of time when there's no shower. We knocked on the door a couple times, as we were in a bit of a hurry because we had to check out, and they

H O R R I B LE

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

We arrived after midnight and the receptionist gave us a friendly welcome. The best thing about the place were the paintings on the wall, and the key to the room is a modern system. We only stayed for 8 hours so did not have a chance to see the kitchen. I didn't like that women and men had to share bathroom, for a woman that's not nice at all. The room was ok but the sheets looked and smell dirty, and we expected clean sheets, of course. No towels were given and the mattress was way too thin.

It was a bit frustrating that the shower was out of order but I understand these things can be beyond the Hostel's control.

Excellent staff. Very friendly and helpful at arrival and when we needed extra duvets as the bed springs were hurting. The bed was awful but it was fixed with duvets. Cool atmosphere and awesome paintings on the walls. No curtains in the room but a beautiful view of the sunset between the buildings :-) Very good location in the city centre. Though I hated the smoke cloud at the street entrance as you're not allowed to smoke inside.

Great location and nice staff!

The wifi was not free, you had to pay for it.

Excellent place, great people both staff and guests.. I'll be back ;)

• 13th May 2015