Princes Street Backpackers East Reviews

5 West Register Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

Te locks on the rooms' doors would be nice: you could really sleep calmly without a thought that anyone can enter the room, when you are sleeping.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Finland

Not even lean sheets on the bed. This place is disgustingly filthy. Do not go there as there are other clean places near.

Great location right next to the train station. Staff were ok, helpful enough. If you get a bottom bunk prepare to feel like you are sleeping in a coffin! Luckily I was on top... beds were comfy enough. Not the best value for money, but would probably stay again just due to convenience of location.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

We stay 2 nights with my friend and it slept well. The beds are confortable, we had lockers for our stuff, the hostel was clean and people was nice. The only thing we found weird and not secure, you can't lock the doors of the rooms. It was not a problem but it's not confortable, you have to lock all your stuff away just in case because anybody can come in. But except this detail it's a good place to stay in.edinburg :).

When I arrived I can't go in the room because no light and very dark. And the staff said to me I should help my self.How's poor of staff. Also have to buy internet wifi.

Very nice low budget hostel with an exellent location near the railwaystation. Nice people (staff) and good facilities. Kitchen is ok, but sometimes too small. However, you can cook there everything. Cheers...

1. Someone from staff entered my room without knocking at 10:25 to tell me I have to check out at 10:30. The problem is I was almost naked at that point. That person didn't even apologize. Thank you very much. 2. Very few showers. I had to wait in a queue for 20 minutes to shower in the morning.

Two friends and I stayed at princes backpackers for two nights. We didn't feel comfortable from the beginning but cannot really say way. The dorms are all open (no lockers) and, since the receptionist didn't ask always to show id, basically every one could have entered. My friends stayed in a 12 beds dorm and during the night the lockers inside the room have been opened and one of the lost his tablet. The room mates told them that it is pretty common. I didn't feel secure there, don't go!

• 25th Oct 2013

all good but one surprised me! the hostel stands on level 4, unfortunately, we got lots of stuff. So if you got lots of stuff or you are too old to climb up, please choose other one! If you don't mind, this hostel is a lovely place to stay at!!!!!

This hostel has a wonderful feel to it, and despite having no locks on the doors (or locks but no lockers) we always felt very safe leaving our belongings in the rooms. In three months travel we found this hostel to have the best atmosphere, and the free Sunday night dinner is another added bonus. Thanks guys!!