Princes Street Backpackers East Reviews

5 West Register Street - top floor, Edinburgh, Scotland

Friendly helpful staff but the plugs didn't work in the room and it was noisy

• 20th Feb 2015

I really liked the atmosphere in the hostel, cosy kitchen, nice dining room, the smell of fresh linens when I entered my room - loved it!

The location of this hostel is great, right next to the main train station, right on Princes St. The stairs aren't bad but if you cant climb 5 flights of stairs this isn't the hostel for you. The staff was great, really helpful and kind. The beds were really my only complaint, not very comfy and could feel bars in my back. However it was the best price for the weekend I was there and for one night it wasn't bad.

I had a lovely time staying at this hostel. The facilities had everything I needed and everyone I met was friendly & kind. I also really enjoyed Edinburgh. Thank you!

• 29th Jan 2015

Amazing location. Nice clean toilets and showers, big kitchen area with free tea and coffee. Friendly and helpful staff. Highly recomended!

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Slovenia

I stayed princes street backpackers east for 3 nights . When i went this hostel that i have very heavy baggages. Even I felt taird when I got the top floor but cause there staffs are really kind and helped me a lot.they gave me 100 persents satisfied let me stay there. The kitchen was very clean . Everybody after used kitchen stuffs and arrianged very well. Also the shower rooms and tolets are very clean It is quite worthy of stay. Thanks sabina and all staffs .

• 8th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Great place for a cheap double bed. It is across the street from the main train station. Only downside are the 5 flight of stairs you have to climb because there isn't a lift. The staff were very friendly and recommended snax cafe for breakfast. If you stay you get a 10% discount there. It was an excellent Scottish cafe serving haggis and black pudding amongst other traditional food.

• 20th Dec 2014

Friendly staff, perfect location Good value for money if you want to be close to the city centre. Quite noisy as it is straight above a pub.

Nice hostel especially for the location just next to the bus station and main Christmas Market. It is quite old but staff is trying to make it better. Room was ok nothing more (no bed lights, only big padlocks for lockers and no towels provided). For one night it is very good hostel.

Didn't get to stay there as I stayed in another city that night! So I got my night refunded. The only think I can say is that there was no problem with the refund!

The rooms can not be locked, as well as the lockers. The linens were very dirty and 100% not washed.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Austria

The mattress protector on the bed in the double room had brown stains all over it ! Disgusting!

Location's great and the staff helpful. Facilities old and run-down, few toilets, no lockers, wi-fi only 2 hours. Beds were clean.

Only one bathroom on my floor for five rooms! Great location!

• 8th Nov 2014
  • ryshanks

Loved it here, people are so friendly that it has a family-like atmosphere. A centrally located hostel, just across the bridge from the old town. Some great characters staying here. Just don't forget your flip-flops for the showers!

Very good location, Good value for money, room was clean and comfortable.

• 24th Oct 2014

Great atmosphere, price and location. I would definitely stay here again. The only thing that may be an issue is that you only get 2 hours free wifi throughout the duration of your stay. This wasn't an issue for me but is definitely something to keep in mind if you need more Internet access.

such a cool vibe!!

Good for his closeness to the city centre, but not a nice place at all

• 17th Oct 2014

Very good location but room very poor and bed uncomfortable. Of all hostels must say that this is the most grotty I have encountered. Location is what you are paying for