Princess Salme Inn Reviews

Mizingani Road, Malindi, Opposite New Fish Market, Opposite Harbour, Zanzibar, Tanzania

Great little place. Clean well furnished room and bathroom. Safe in the room. Door lock broken but quickly fixed. Really good breakfast - the best we had. A little out of town but worth it.

I stayed at Princess Salme Inn for several nights and when returning after my travels onshore, I stayed there again - because it doesn't feel like being in a hostel, but more like being at home. The staff did everything for me to have a pleasant stay. The rooms are clean, with AC and mosquito net. Moreover, they offer a great breakfast!

• 15th May 2015

This was a nice place, by the port, about 15 minutes walk from the action in Stonetown. It is a fairly standard, good value backpacker place, with nice clean rooms. When I was there is was a bit quiet and there is no good social space, especially compared to some of the other place around. I think that you can find better places to stay in the area, at a similar or slightly higher cost, but the investment would be worth it. This place is fine, nothing special. Kind and attentive staff though.

Best breakfast ever: many fresh fruits, eggs of your choice, bread, typical potato donuts, cardamom donuts, avocado, fresh juice, peanut butter, jam, etc

• 13th Feb 2015

We stayed one night in this hostel. The breakfast was surprisingly good! Unfortunately did we have a room on ground floor (private two beds, shared bathroom, no. 15). This room smelled of fungus (although we did not see any) and we had not access to WiFi. So if possible, you should try to get a room in the first or second floor. Anyway, for a few days our room would be also manageable, but I hope they will get rid of the fungus soon.

Great little guesthouse. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast and clean rooms. Well worth a visit.