Princess Salme Inn Reviews

Mizingani Road, Malindi, Opposite New Fish Market, Opposite Harbour, Zanzibar, Tanzania

Basic but good, and nice upstairs seating area for breakfast/evening beers. Facilities good and clean, and good laundry service.

• 1st Apr 2014

I really enjoyed the staff but felt there was lack of proper food handling for breakfast. I feel they should use only filtered or bottled water for cleaning fruits and tea and coffee.

The accommodation here felt like 5 star luxury after staying in very basic accommodation for 2 weeks previously. The rooms are very clean, good air con, no need to use mosquito net, comfy bed, hot shower, safe in the room. Free tea and coffee all day, social roof top terrace, which is a nice place for a drink, tasty breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff. Very happy with my stay, and I would stay here again.

• 1st Jan 2014

Very nice place. Staff was very kind and helpful and had could give good advice of where to go and what to see in town. Nice atmosphere, we felt very welcomed.

Friendly staff and pleasant stay with opportunity to hang out at the roof top terrace.

• 20th Dec 2013

Really nice friendly staff. A little bit out of the main tourist area but still easy walking distance to everywhere. The rooms are very basic but very clean and well worth the price. Also as everyone else has mentioned the breakfast was really decent. Would definately recommend.

everything was great, except I was not leaving from the ferry port (which is right in front), so the location is a bit away from the centre... but its a short walk. everything else was god enough

The 2 rooms on the first floor (both with shared bathroom) are rather gloomy, but breakfast was excellent.

Very happy! The staff were friendly, and the breakfasts were AMAZING! (Seriously, fresh fruit, eggs cooked to your preference!)

Great hostel. Friendly staff, walking distance to the cente of stone town, good showers, great rooftop dining/ kitchen/ lounge with 'honour system' beers.

• 13th Aug 2013

The staff are unbelievably friendly and helpful. The breakfast is really good and they have some drinks at good prices and free tea. The rooms were perfectly adequate as was the bathroom. The only slight complaint I have is that the sheets had stains on them, but to be fair I didn't even point this out to them/ask them to be changed so it wasn't that bad. Right next to the ferry and good location for town. Might be quite difficult to find if not shown as it is behind another building.

Super friendly staff give this place a very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Breakfast was a delicious mix of western and African to chose from. My only comment would be that they could be better sign posted from the road

Princess Salem Inn is secure and people who works there are friendly and they help you if need anything. At our last day at princess, we asked to leave our luggage during the day.. No problem, they stored it until we came back. Breakfast was really good and a room there is well worth the price!

• 22nd Jun 2013
  • Sweden

Very friendly staff. We had a queen double room. Good comfortable sleep.

• 20th Jun 2013

Good breakfast, helpful and friendly staff - we had a v late flight and they didn't disturb us and let us check out 2 hrs after the set time.

When I got out of the taxi and had to walk up a dirty alleyway with the pungent odor from the fish warehouse across the road I was having reservations but once inside this old building it was clean and neat and the odor had gone. I had booked for tree days and decided to stay for four more. They were fully booked but managed to accommodate me by moving me twice. I checked other budget hotels and hostels, they were all full. A few of the more expensive hotels, $100.00 and up a night had room.

• 24th Feb 2013

The staff here are fantastic. We received a free upgrade to an air conditioned room with bathroom. Great location and very accessible to main Stone Town area. Roof top terrace is perfect in the afternoon to just chill out. Breakfast in the morning was also nice.

The place was pretty good, except for one major issue. I had room #24, and I was eaten alive by bedbugs. It has been 4 day since I left there, and he red sores are still healing.

The rooms were really clean, the bed incredibly comfortable. The breakfast was terrific. The rooftop patio/bar is a great place to hang out. The staff organized a tour for me, and were so helpful.

Good Staff, Good Breakfast and nice Internet. Good location and easy to find from the ferry terminal. the bed was terrible. overviewt a good cheap place to stay in stone town.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4