Princess Sissy Hotel Reviews

Chora, Ios, Greece

Thanks Nico for a great stay in Ios. We were very lucky to get an upgrade from a dorm to a private room and we still met some nice people there too.

A terribly rude bunch of people run this hostel. Every time I asked for something (such as to put something in the safety deposit box because they don't provide lockers) I received a perturbed snappy reply. One of those hostels where it's like the staff just don't want to be running a hostel. When checking in, they put my passport in one safe draw & my other stuff in a different one, but I didn't see that they did this, so checking out they couldn't find my passport - not fun.

The cleaning lady who seemed to live near us was a hero. Didn't speak any English but helped us out so much when our clothes got wet and dirty! Loved her. Perfect location - 5 minutes away from the beach by the port, 10 minutes into town, lots going on at the bar although one of the bartenders/guys who worked there was really really creepy... Rooms were basic but fine and we had an outside bit to enjoy! Met some great people would recommend to those on a budget but wanna have fun!

Really enjoyed my stay. Everyone was friendly and social. Difficult to shower properly bc it was so small but it was very clean. Bed sheets and towels were changed regularly. Breakfast is not included but you can order food from their bar. Within walking distance of the beach and town.

I had a lovely stay here at princess sissy :) easy 5 min walk to main town or down to the port :) staff was very helpful and kind ! :) thanks guys

It seemed easy to meet people at this hostel, there was a good party feel and I don't think the party was anything to over the top to be a problem.

Awesome place, very happy with our stay. Owner was very friendly, location is perfect especially for making your way back after a night out on the town. Rooms were spacious, airconditioned and cleaned daily. Overall, best value for money we found across our whole trip, would definitely recommend!

• 4th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Awesome atmosphere, great staff members. They didn't mind if we went and bought drinks from the mini market and drank them at the hostel which was awesome! And location was so close to the port and also the night life. Would definitely stay here again

I booked a 4 bed dorm and was put in a 5 bed dorm (same happened for every 4 bed room). Wifi really really sucks! You can only get it within the restaurant and even then it'll be really slow if more than 2 other people are on it. God help you if they are downloading a video. Staff were all miserable, unhelpful and don't like their job. There is almost zero atmosphere at the hostel, only people I met were in my room so I was lucky. Location is good, 5 minute walk to both the town and the port.

Awesome staff, cheap food and drinks, close enough to both village and port , comfy bed! I'll be back for sure!! Thanks guys

Great location. But I was very disappointed to not be given a real bed. The hostel was overbooked so I was put on a roll out bed (and still charged full price). I would stay again but I was defiantly disappointed with the service.

The hostel is well located, only 10 minutes walk from town. The only inconvenience is the staff. The staff is rude and sometimes you feel uncomfortable. But the room get clean daily which is good

princess sissy was in a great location and the rooms were great! The young man who picked us up from the port was very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately after the first 24 hours we found the man at the front desk to be incredibly rude and patronizing. The wifi is also a struggle. It really is a shame because it's a lovely place and excellent location but we could not see past the rudeness of the man at the front desk.

Niko was a great guy always there to help! Great location ! Affordable and easy to walk to the village :) highly reccomend!

• 3rd Jul 2015

No aircon, WiFi doesn't work in the rooms. A bit of a steep walk to the city centre. But the staff look after you!!

The place is not close to the city or port as mentioned in the website. The access is made trough a a very irregular and rocky staircase. So getting there with a suitcase is really not easy. The internet does not work. They did provided a transfer to the port, but on their own convenience of time. So I had to go to the port 2 hours before my ferry. It is not the best place in the world, but is ok if you want a cheap accommodation in a shared room, and you don't need internet..