Private Accommodation Reviews

Rua Maria Andrad No 42,3� Dt, Lisbon, Portugal

Overall a reasonable place to stay if you need a private room. Things to consider: The front door of the building needs a lock! The wi-fi needs to improve. The floor of the lift needs fixing. Long term residents should be reminded to keep doors closed when in the kitchen etc as they can be very loud.

Staff was very nice. However did not have knowledge about Lisbon. It was very good for the price. A little unsafe at night, a lot of drunkin people wander the streets.

Very unclean bathrooms and rooms, located in an area that doesn't look that safe after 11:00pm, no hot water and bad wifi. For one night is okay but no more than that.

• 12th Jun 2015

Nice if your up for the crack, if you need a room for cheap this is perfect, want to see the real lisboa life stay here

• 13th Apr 2015

As many people state in the other comments, you shouldn't expect too much from this place. It's cheap and all right for one night, but I wouldn't recommend staying there for a longer period. Not really clean, very loud (the walls seem to be out of paper), with dark rooms... It doesn't have a reception, so you have to search for the staff, ringing at the doors of different floors. You can find much nicer places for 2 or 3€ more, including breakfast.

• 4th Apr 2015

It doesn't fell like at home. They still need a lot to do (reconstruction of several bedrooms, buy FRYING PANS and other stuff to cook the meal, breakfast was not included as I thought that it was (maybe I mixed up), doors are like paper - you can hear everything). And remember the the rule that you do not have "Customers" nor "Clients" , You have "Guests". Fix these things and it would be ok. p.s. Ah, and you need a stronger bathroom ventilation so that it would not be wet all the time.

I deeply regret for not chosing a better option. The rating and price were balanced so I went to this place which ISN'T a hostel is a house where the owner rent some of his rooms. I wasn't expecting nothing remotely close to luxury but I was expecting clean sheets, hot shower water, clean room and a usable kitchen things that were not available. The neibourghood is dangerous and the power would go off several times of the day. The rooms have no heater and are very dirty. DONT GO THERE TRUST ME

• 30th Dec 2014

Not the best hostel, toilet was dirty and still had waste in it. Some of the rooms looked nice, but our one was a bit dark and dingy, no window and shower which didnt work and full of mould. We paid for a 3 bedroom and received a 2 bedroom when they realised there was only 2 of us. Other toilet rooms werent the cleanest

The smell of acrid smoke filled the room every morning. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The hostel is located in very good place. Just out of the hostel you got one of the first stops of the famous tram 28E. So You can see the most of the city in perfect way. The bad thing was we had a room with a window on dark backyard of the building so whenever You came to the room it was dark, even when You woke up in morning You didn't know if it's a day already. But other rooms had better view so just make sure You get other one.

We liked the stay in this hostel. We liked a big room, which has all neccesary furniture, a lot of space to put your things. The only problem was to find the entrance to the hostel - there is no any sign in outside, thus we needed the help from local people. The staff has not fixed reception place, thus if you need its help, you have to run over few floors in searching for them (I can't imagine if you will need some help from them in late evening - where to find them?).

The sheet and cover is unclean and the light is dark. But for this price, it couldn't expect too much.

the tv was not working and internet was poor, need to improve

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

The room was ok but our neighbours were smoking in the shared bathroom and were very noisy so it was difficult to sleep nicely. The building key was not working at all so I had to call them every time I wanted to go back to my room. The kitchen was fully equiped but was not clean...at all. The hostel is situated in a nice area because you need to walk 15mins to be at the heart of the Alfama, best place of the city according to me!

The accomodation is good if u don't have much money to spend in Lisbon, otehrwise I recommend to saty in another place close to the city center. The internet doesn't work inside the roomst , u have to go to the kitchen ( which is not big) to use internet. The bathroom is very cold inside. The receptionist didn't speak any portuguese, although we were in Portugal. I ordered in advance one double room, and they didn't have it when we arrived there, so we have to stay in different rooms.

The location and the price are great! However the hostel is dirty, careless and a whole family is living there (parents, children and grandparents). There is no heater unless you ask for one, and in winter (the time we went) it was so cold! Staff are nice people. So, if you have a little money and you want to be in closer to the city center this is a great hostel! If you want more, find another one!

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Spain

They was very unprofessional. I was suppose to arrive at 23:00, but my flight has delayed, so I got there at 00:00, I didn't call them because my phone doesn't work in Portugal, but anyway, was just a delay, behold when I got there my room had been sold to another person. I feel that as a disrespect. After that they provided me a room in another hostel, it was equally weird and uncomfortable. The bathroom was inside the room, I could sleep while I looked to the shower. Worst stay ever.

Very nice people! Everything is fine:)

• 20th Aug 2013

We arrived late, it was a bit hard to find because its in an ordinary block of flats... The host was very nice, the price was fair, everything was ok clean - bathroom was just about bearable. Otherwise quite easy to get to, good location, cheap.

We didn't stay there because we arrived early in the morning and the staff wasn't able to gives us a place to rest at this moment. So we booked in another hostel at the corner of the street. Which is better as far as I know. We saw the rooms and it was really basic but they seemed to be clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. I feel that the staff who lives there takes care of everything over there. The area is quite nice because you can find a lot of cheap hostels around.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5