Private Accommodation Reviews

Rua Maria Andrad No 42,3� Dt, Lisbon, Portugal

The accomodation is good if u don't have much money to spend in Lisbon, otehrwise I recommend to saty in another place close to the city center. The internet doesn't work inside the roomst , u have to go to the kitchen ( which is not big) to use internet. The bathroom is very cold inside. The receptionist didn't speak any portuguese, although we were in Portugal. I ordered in advance one double room, and they didn't have it when we arrived there, so we have to stay in different rooms.

The location and the price are great! However the hostel is dirty, careless and a whole family is living there (parents, children and grandparents). There is no heater unless you ask for one, and in winter (the time we went) it was so cold! Staff are nice people. So, if you have a little money and you want to be in closer to the city center this is a great hostel! If you want more, find another one!

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Spain

They was very unprofessional. I was suppose to arrive at 23:00, but my flight has delayed, so I got there at 00:00, I didn't call them because my phone doesn't work in Portugal, but anyway, was just a delay, behold when I got there my room had been sold to another person. I feel that as a disrespect. After that they provided me a room in another hostel, it was equally weird and uncomfortable. The bathroom was inside the room, I could sleep while I looked to the shower. Worst stay ever.

Very nice people! Everything is fine:)

• 20th Aug 2013

We arrived late, it was a bit hard to find because its in an ordinary block of flats... The host was very nice, the price was fair, everything was ok clean - bathroom was just about bearable. Otherwise quite easy to get to, good location, cheap.

We didn't stay there because we arrived early in the morning and the staff wasn't able to gives us a place to rest at this moment. So we booked in another hostel at the corner of the street. Which is better as far as I know. We saw the rooms and it was really basic but they seemed to be clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. I feel that the staff who lives there takes care of everything over there. The area is quite nice because you can find a lot of cheap hostels around.

If you're looking for a simple cheap accommodation closed to the historical centre and other main touristy points of Lisbon, don't hesitate to book here. The place is nothing incredible but you have everything you need to spend a good stay: a very welcoming and helpful staff, a bed, showers with hot water and toilets. What else do you need if you're all day and night outside?

We spent a week there and it was great. The bed was ok and the room had nice views. it was really close to the city centre although you didn't feel entirely safe in some streets of the neighborhood at night. The bathrooms were a little bit dirty sometimes because people seem to not understand that they were sharing them. The staff was good, specially the guy from Nepal, who was really friendly and nice to us, even when we woke him up at night. We would definately repeat. Really cheap.

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Spain

I was shocked - it spoiled my holiday!!! There were bedbugs in the room! The cleanniness is quite doubtful in this place, but the bedbugs are absolutely horrible, after the night we were itching! I am really sorry that I chose this place!

• 20th Jul 2013
  • Russia

The facilities were good and the best part was that the property in charge was extremely good and nice.

The hostel is great, rooms are very big and very suitable for couples. The staff is really nice and friendly. But the street is quite noisy. Still, everything you need is nearby - grocery store, metro, kebap,...:)

The hostel was very good and the staff is very nice. I was there only for one night and i cant say anything more because we spent only a few hours there.

• 13th May 2013
  • Croatia

I hadn't the courage to enter...

There is no free parking, you have to leave your car on the street, and it is not a safe area to leave your car. Two cars parked close to this hostal got broken into, by breaking the car´s window. Don´t leave your car near the hostal. Your bedroom key opens all the other rooms. The elavator does not have a door. The price is cheap, but It´s worth it to pay a little more and be in a better location.

The hostel was secure, the rooms spacious and clean, but the toilets need to be cleaned better. It will be good to have the key to enter the place instead of relying on people to open the door.

Very nice and very clean.

• 24th Mar 2013
  • Slovakia

DON'T GO THERE IN WINTER SEASON The location and the room itself are good but the manager is unable to make their guest comfortable. The place is so cold, absolutely no heating system, I let the TV on all the time in hope to warn the place! There is barely hot water for the shower, the owner even complain to me because I had use hot water. You have to go to the kitchen for the Internet because no signal into the room, internet was good and other people living there friendly

The guy who works there is really nice, He gave us a better room. There is a kitchen so you can cook. There is no breakfast. it is close to the mains attractions (20 min walk). The neighborhood is poor, but everything is fine. Lisbon is beautiful!

Some local people told me the area was doggy. It was ok in my sense and the restaurants around the hostel are cheap. 10-15 mins walk distance from Russio station. The facts I was not able to accept were, no shower was hot enough for me, the room smelled tabacco, and one toilet was freaking smelly. I was supposed to stay for 3 nights but just canceled 2 nights. As a matter of fact, if you don't mind those, you can have a private room with inexpensive price.

The hostel was very cossy!!! The rooms are big, the staff is kind, you can use the kitchen and the wifi signal is ok. One of the bathrooms smells bad, but the others are ok.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4