Private Accommodation Reviews

Rua Maria Andrad No 42,3� Dt, Lisbon, Portugal

Not the best hostel, toilet was dirty and still had waste in it. Some of the rooms looked nice, but our one was a bit dark and dingy, no window and shower which didnt work and full of mould. We paid for a 3 bedroom and received a 2 bedroom when they realised there was only 2 of us. Other toilet rooms werent the cleanest

The smell of acrid smoke filled the room every morning. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The hostel is located in very good place. Just out of the hostel you got one of the first stops of the famous tram 28E. So You can see the most of the city in perfect way. The bad thing was we had a room with a window on dark backyard of the building so whenever You came to the room it was dark, even when You woke up in morning You didn't know if it's a day already. But other rooms had better view so just make sure You get other one.

We liked the stay in this hostel. We liked a big room, which has all neccesary furniture, a lot of space to put your things. The only problem was to find the entrance to the hostel - there is no any sign in outside, thus we needed the help from local people. The staff has not fixed reception place, thus if you need its help, you have to run over few floors in searching for them (I can't imagine if you will need some help from them in late evening - where to find them?).

The sheet and cover is unclean and the light is dark. But for this price, it couldn't expect too much.

the tv was not working and internet was poor, need to improve

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

The room was ok but our neighbours were smoking in the shared bathroom and were very noisy so it was difficult to sleep nicely. The building key was not working at all so I had to call them every time I wanted to go back to my room. The kitchen was fully equiped but was not clean...at all. The hostel is situated in a nice area because you need to walk 15mins to be at the heart of the Alfama, best place of the city according to me!

The accomodation is good if u don't have much money to spend in Lisbon, otehrwise I recommend to saty in another place close to the city center. The internet doesn't work inside the roomst , u have to go to the kitchen ( which is not big) to use internet. The bathroom is very cold inside. The receptionist didn't speak any portuguese, although we were in Portugal. I ordered in advance one double room, and they didn't have it when we arrived there, so we have to stay in different rooms.

The location and the price are great! However the hostel is dirty, careless and a whole family is living there (parents, children and grandparents). There is no heater unless you ask for one, and in winter (the time we went) it was so cold! Staff are nice people. So, if you have a little money and you want to be in closer to the city center this is a great hostel! If you want more, find another one!

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Spain

They was very unprofessional. I was suppose to arrive at 23:00, but my flight has delayed, so I got there at 00:00, I didn't call them because my phone doesn't work in Portugal, but anyway, was just a delay, behold when I got there my room had been sold to another person. I feel that as a disrespect. After that they provided me a room in another hostel, it was equally weird and uncomfortable. The bathroom was inside the room, I could sleep while I looked to the shower. Worst stay ever.

Very nice people! Everything is fine:)

• 20th Aug 2013

We arrived late, it was a bit hard to find because its in an ordinary block of flats... The host was very nice, the price was fair, everything was ok clean - bathroom was just about bearable. Otherwise quite easy to get to, good location, cheap.

We didn't stay there because we arrived early in the morning and the staff wasn't able to gives us a place to rest at this moment. So we booked in another hostel at the corner of the street. Which is better as far as I know. We saw the rooms and it was really basic but they seemed to be clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. I feel that the staff who lives there takes care of everything over there. The area is quite nice because you can find a lot of cheap hostels around.

If you're looking for a simple cheap accommodation closed to the historical centre and other main touristy points of Lisbon, don't hesitate to book here. The place is nothing incredible but you have everything you need to spend a good stay: a very welcoming and helpful staff, a bed, showers with hot water and toilets. What else do you need if you're all day and night outside?

We spent a week there and it was great. The bed was ok and the room had nice views. it was really close to the city centre although you didn't feel entirely safe in some streets of the neighborhood at night. The bathrooms were a little bit dirty sometimes because people seem to not understand that they were sharing them. The staff was good, specially the guy from Nepal, who was really friendly and nice to us, even when we woke him up at night. We would definately repeat. Really cheap.

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Spain

I was shocked - it spoiled my holiday!!! There were bedbugs in the room! The cleanniness is quite doubtful in this place, but the bedbugs are absolutely horrible, after the night we were itching! I am really sorry that I chose this place!

• 20th Jul 2013
  • Russia

The facilities were good and the best part was that the property in charge was extremely good and nice.

The hostel is great, rooms are very big and very suitable for couples. The staff is really nice and friendly. But the street is quite noisy. Still, everything you need is nearby - grocery store, metro, kebap,...:)

The hostel was very good and the staff is very nice. I was there only for one night and i cant say anything more because we spent only a few hours there.

• 13th May 2013
  • Croatia

I hadn't the courage to enter...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4