Private Accomodation Hostel Antonio Reviews

Zadarska 7, Split, Croatia

This is the most wonderful hostel I have ever stayed during my trip to Croatia.

I had really great experience with this hostel. it is in the mere old center of the town, 5 minutes from the bus and ferry station. The staff was very considerate and gave me PRIVATE room, although I have reserved a bad in a mixed double, because I was traveling by night and had no sleep, so I got room just for myself FOR THE SAME PRICE to get a proper rest. No staff in any other center-located hostel in the season would do that! Split is great!

Excellent location right in the old town! Overlooking to one of the squares where there are nightly live music shows (can get a bit loud though - but why would you even try sleeping?) The host is absolutely charming and made my stay a fantastic experience by providing a home like atmosphere. Room are big and spacious, closets are larger but don't have locks on them. Bad: WiFi reception is non-existent unless you go outside to the street/alley.

Waited a couple of hrs because she wasn't there when I arrived, then once checked in she freaked out because I had a bottle of vodka (after a long day I needed a drink). Nice lady but weird vibes and I wouldn't suggest staying there unless your desperate

• 1st Aug 2014

My "Basic 2 Bed Mixed Dorm" was not at the map location but further north at the intersection of Sinjska ul. and Poljana Vjekoslava Klaic'a. The room overlooked the noisy Sinjska ul. street and was on the 4th floor -- equivalent to 8th floor in modern buildings: quite a climb!

Hostel Antonio is the same as Premi Guesthouse. Still the first days we didnt get a room in none of them but of a Premi's friend, Mira. Both ladies were nice and helpful, they made us feel very comfortable and welcomed. Mira's house was very near of this hostel, excellent conditions, equipped big room with always clean shared bathroom. Days after we stayed in the actual Premi/Antonio's (because we made two reservations). We got a small studio, fully equipped, even a wm. Fully recommended!

Really welcoming and friendly. Exceptionally clean and comfortable rooms, fantastic value for money, with central location. Would definitely recommend.

Location perfect - in the middle of the old city and 5 minutes walk to pick up point for most activities and 15 minutes to beaches. Extremely friendly and helpful owner. Not good for those looking for party hostel atmosphere - guests have their own private rooms so dont get to meet other guests, but was perfect for what my son and I were after. Would definitely stay again.

There was a slight misunderstanding with the booking. From the website we thought we were getting two single beds but on the booking it was a double. Room was good it had air conditioning which made it comfortable. He bed head wasnt actually attached to the bed but didnt affect anything. The lady there was nice aswell. All in all it was a good stay

very charming place to stay! nice and simple, with a personal touch on the interior. excellent location. it was hard to find the first time, and I think the directions could be made simpler. (when you go on the boulevard with palm trees along the sea for a bit, turn right on the straight, big, pedestrian street going up the old town. then the first right again, through a "tunnel" that goes through a bulding. there you find a square/cafe for the design hostel, zadarska street is just from it!)

The room was super nice with a good location. Thanks for the hospitality.

• 16th Jul 2013
  • Finland

Great cute place.

Great location ... lady who runs the place is so nice!!! The rooms are small but have everything you need. I would stay there again.

The lady went out of her way to assist us, when we arrived tired and needing a rest. Meeting her was a great way to be introduced to the people of Spilt.

• 9th Jun 2013
  • Couple, 41+

The lady who runs the place is the best! Very friendly and even made us a Turkish coffee. The location was perfect. A lot of stairs...We were on the 3rd floor...no lift.

Excellent place to stay, the owner she is lovely and helpfull. The room was very clean and the bathroom as well.

Overbooking. The owner even managed to keep the security deposit and initially claimed that it was not her fault... Anyway, after a couple of minutes she called a friend where I got one room. That place turned out to be the perfect stay, but it's not the place I'm reviewing....

Quirky and really well located. The owner is very sweet and would do anything to help. Bed was a bit weird: it was a double mattress on a smaller frame so if you leant to one side too much, the bed tipped; but otherwise fine!

Great location!

One of our party arrived after the published check-in time but there was noone there and the numbers that were given weren't answered. It took a couple of hours (dragging a big bag around town) before the owner turned up and the room was accessible. We booked a Twin but it was a Double and the owner understood this but had not prevented it.

• 20th Jul 2012