PubLove @ The Crown, Battersea Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

The facilities are not great but it's very cheap for a bed + breakfast. Access to London quite easy : walk 15 minutes to underground station then take northern line to city center. Suitable for low budget.

The window open just a few inches so the room was very hot

Clean place with nice and helpful staff, 24hr reception, clean showers with regulated water temperature, not overly pricey, considering location. Clean rooms and linen, reservation & check in done spot on. May be a bit stuffy in rooms at night, even with window ajar. Small lockers, but implementing some skill and three dimensional thinking, you can fit your laptop in. Wifi was just good enough to use skype without much disruption. Atmosphere downstairs is of a regular pub, with lots of guests.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Poland

They messed up my reservation but we're able to fix it quickly. Everything was very nice, just no AC in the rooms that I noticed. Only big issue was the distance from any of the main attractions. Took an hour on a metro to tower bridge, maybe 10 min to Big Ben/London eye with a short walk following the train.

Two of the members of staff I met were very helpful and friendly one in particular had the same music taste as me and we chatted at length during the night. One member of staff though was not friendly or helpful ,who was the only English member of staff I hasten to add,she found it highly irregular that I requested a second cup of coffee. It being a pub I would assume people ask for a second drink on more than one occasion ....she said "another coffee.Bloody Hell"

Dear Valued Traveler Thanks you for your feedback, whilst I am pleased to hear that you found two of our staff members helpfully and friendly, I am disheartened to hear that another has let our team down. Please be assured that the matter will be addressed with the staff member in questions. We hope that this incident did not dampen your overall stay and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Happy Traveling Management

everyone was very friendly, the pub is extraordinarlily nice. The bathrooms could be a little cleaner, or at least dry. The 3 strory beds move a lot during nights maybe its a good idea to fix them to the wall. All in all the it is a good place and the prices are really good

• 2nd Jun 2015

There are too few toilets for the number of guests and the showers barely work. When they do the water is often scalding hot. The room itself was adequate but the whole building is uncomfortably warm all the time and their was evidence of mice/rats. Transport links are good as you are very close to bus stop (less than 1 min walk) and pretty close to Clapham junction and Clapham North stations.

It was a decent stay in PubLove. The staffs were friendly especially the lady working in the morning. The price was worth what I paid even though the bathroom could be a little bit cleaner. Sometimes, the room is way too hot. The nice thing was the quietness of the whole place. It was quite nice to have a quite place to sit after a long day of walking and PubLove provided that for me. I recommend anyone to stay there if you are looking for a cheap place to stay.

• 17th May 2015

Thank you for leaving such a positivity feedback, I will take on board and make sure our cleanliness is to 100% as expected. Thanks Crown Team

Although one of the staff members was really friendly the others were not very helpful with some of the problems that we had.

Thank you for leaving us with comment, I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff i will make sure this does not happen again. Thank you for booking with us Regards, Crown Team

arrived late night and left early morning but was nice and clean enough, staff were helpful. didn't see many people but I was simply staying for convenience as I couldn't travel home (the other side of London). Would definitely stay again! Free breakfast, wifi, and a good nights sleep!

The emplyees were very friendly and helped us with every question we had. There were enough showers and it was clean, too. The breakfast was ok but it was quite sparse; it was included in the price of the stay so the cost-benefit ratio was good. All in all it was a very nice stay and super cheap for a stay of 3 Nights. Thank you all for the nice holiday!

• 31st Mar 2015

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

My only complaint is that there was not enough electrical outlets in the room. 12 people and just 2 outlets by the door. Apart from this, it was good.

triple Decker bunk beds you cant sit up in the bed in the dorms , rooms are very small

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Burgers were amazing! A bit on the expensive side but £11 will get you an awesome burger and a pint, which after a long day is an absolute dream!

There was an additional guest in our 18 bed dorm - a mouse. Not ideal. It is however a cheap and cheerful place to stay. Good location and you get 10% off at the bar as a hostel guest.

It's an average hostel, good enough for the value paid. The vicinity has many markets and food shops and it is not far from the metro station. However, the room was very stuffy and with no air flow so it gets hot and smelly very easily.