7.2
Very Good 688 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 688 Total Reviews
PubLove @ The Crown, Battersea Located at 102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London.
England
London London SW11 5RD 102 Lavender Hill,, Battersea
72% 688
51.4656383 -0.1557129
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
20th May 2016
6.3

The location was farther from London center than desired. The beds were comfortable. I was impressed with the security. There are coded locks for the hostel entrance and for each room. The FEW facilities they had were not clean at all. I was there for 3 days + 2 nights and the bathrooms were in the same state for the entirety of my stay. Plus, there is poor drainage, so the floors were constantly wet due to the shower.

16th May 2016

The entire staff was extremely helpful

• evanphillips7689
  • England, Male, 31-40
9th May 2016

Very friendly and helpful staff, great to have a hostel where clean beds are already made up. Great Value for Money considering the good location and access to Transport Links. Very quiet and got a great nights sleep. Would highly recommend :)

Hi there! Thanks a lot for your review :) You are always welcome here! The Crown

6th May 2016
6.0

Decent hostel, bit of a walk from the train station. Nice friendly staff. Nowhere to chill out apart from the bar and the beer was expensive, even with 10% discount. The lock on the dorm door was often just open so that could get looked at. I think there are too many beds to the room as there was nowhere to put anything, everyone had there stuff all over the floor so was very untidy and not a good place to relax. Served a purpose for me not worth the price really.

Hi there! As you say, hostel guests have 10% discount on food and drinks in the bar downstairs. We had a problem with one of the doors in the hostel, but our maintenance team fixed it already, sorry for the inconveniences with that. Take care! The Crown

• Australia, Male, 25-30
1st May 2016
6.6

No hot water pressure in showers.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
19th Apr 2016
8.0

This was my second time staying here. Both times my decision was based on location (transport links) and price. Rooms and bathrooms were clean. Some showers were out of order but I didn't have to queue. I could feel the springs in the mattress ,but I managed to sleep ok. The wifi worked fine in the room I was in. The pub downstairs serves food or you can eat snacks in a small area at the back of pub. Not a social, backpacker hostel but I'd recommend it as a cheap, safe, clean place to stay.

Hi there! Thanks a lot for your review. As you say, we are located in a really nice area with lots of shops and restaurants around and, taking one bus, you will be in the city center! The pub downstairs has a burger kitchen with delicious food and hostel guests can enjoy them with a 10% discount. Take care! The Crown

19th Apr 2016
6.6

The staff is really nice. Code locks at the entrance and on the room doors. Wifi working alright, toilets and showers are managable (the hostel was pretty empty tho). The beds are not so comfy, but i did manage to get 7 hrs straight sleep. The hostel is ok to crash for a day or two.

Hello! Thank you very much for writing your experience with us! Every morning our housekeeping team clean the building, so it should be cleaned including the toilets and rooms. See you! The Crown

5th Apr 2016

I stayed in a 6 bed room and there were at most 4 of us. By the weekend there were only 2 of us. Good price for value as breakfast was provided. The staff were wonderful. Although it is a bit far from the Clapham Junction, but there are buses that one can take right to the doorstep. I enjoyed my stay. You can leave your bags if you are travelling for a week of so outside the country. The pub is opened 24 hours and I could not hear a thing from my bedroom. I met a wonderful woman there.

Hi there! Thanks a lot for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your time with us :) Clapham Junction is 15 minutes walking from the hostel, but, as you said, any bus will take you there. And there are lot of buses that take you at the city center as well. We hope see you again! The Crown

• Germany, Female, 18-24
17th Mar 2016
7.4

I stayed in a 9 bed dorm. The rooms are fine to sleep in but for not much else as the beds take up most of the space and there are only two power points in the room. Bathrooms are okay, not dirty or anything. I really liked the pub downstairs, it's good to hang out and have a pint and meet people (unlike in the rooms where no one would even say hello much) the location offers easy access into the city and is really nice itself with loads of pubs and little restaurants/bars down the road.

Hi there! Thanks a lot for writing your experience with us in the Website! The pub downstairs is really nice, and hostel guests has a 10% discount in food and drinks! Some rooms have a couple of power points, but you can charge your mobile phone or laptop in any place in the bar or in the area reserved for hostel guests as well. Take care! The Crown

• Hong Kong, Male, 18-24
12th Mar 2016
7.7

good value for money, I booked the bed 2 hours before checking in and it costed £18 Not recommend if you want a quality living as facility isn't that good. But its quite good if you are a easy going person like me.