PubLove @ The Crown, Battersea Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

The cleanliness is getting bad, in the rooms and toilets. I left a scarf in the room over two weeks ago and went back to the same room and the scarf was exactly where i left it tied to the bed.

Hello, Thank you very much for your review! Our housekeeping team clean everyday the building, including the rooms, but they don't touch personal staff because hostel guests share the room, and they don't know if the owner is still in the rooms. They just take things that are in beds when a new person is coming. The Crown.

The PubLove was a good atmosphere with a nice location close to many pubs and bars. The breakfast was rather plain, but it was good fresh. The food at the restaurant was also really well done. When we arrived, the lady that checked us in told us we could use our ID's for a piece of identification. Later we came back and another lady said we couldn't check in because we didn't have our passports. They almost didn't let us stay which I found to be unorganized and unprofessional.

• 23rd Jan 2016

You literally get what you pay for. The staff couldn't be anymore helpful and the breakfast was adequate. But the facilities were either out of order the majority of the time i was there or really run down.

Hi there! Thanks a lot for your review, hostel guests opinions are really important for us. We are really glad you enjoyed your time with us. We tried to do maintenance and fix all problems as soon as possible. We hope see you again! Take care! The Crown Team

Staff very helpful and good at their jobs

• 14th Jan 2016

Hi there! Thanks a lot for your nice review! We are really glad you enjoyed your time and accommodation in The Crown. Come to visit us when you want! The Crown

Very uncomfortably bed, squeaky and to soft. Curtains weren't able to prevent the light from the street from getting into the room.

Radiator in our room was stuck on full power. Despite mentioning it to staff it wasn't fixed and so it was impossible to get any sleep.

• 19th Dec 2015

Hi there, Thank you very much for writing your experience in The Crown. We had some problems with the radiators in one of the rooms, and we could not fix it until next day, but there were a cold days in London too, so you could stay warm in the room after staying in the freeze street. We hope see you again, Take care!

Probably the worst hostel I've stayed in. I asked to store my bag as I arrived to early for check in. I was told that the codes were being changed and I'd have to "wait a while". More than an hour later I was able to check in after dealing with a very rude guy on reception. The beds are the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in so if you want a decent sleep don't stay here. Breakfast is decent and the showers are ok but the toilet blocks a lot and some don't even have lights.

Hi there, thank you very much for your review. We apologize for the inconvenience, especially about our staff, we’ll speak to them to avoid future problems. We also working on a better maintenance of our hostel to offer the best service possible and to make hostel guests feel comfortable as well as welcome. Thank you, take care.

Stayed in the hostel for three nights and it was perfect! Great location, staff were friendly, it was clean, everything you needed! Would definitely stay again :)

Hello Ellie, Thank you very much for your review! We are really happy you enjoyed your time in our hostel. If you visit London again, you will be welcome again in The Crown. Take Care! The Crown Team.

Nice hostel. I stayed in an 18 person dorm, which was as good as can be expected for an 18 person dorm. Good pub below the hostel. Good value for money. Free breakfast of cereals, toast etc. No kitchen facilities, as they serve food in the pub, but there is an area in the pub where you are free to sit and eat non-pub bought food.

Hello Emma, Thank you very much for your nice review! As you say we haven't got kitchen facilities, but guests have a 10% of discount in food and drinks, and there is an area where people can eat their own food. We hope see you again! The Crown Team.

I work near the hostel and it has been convenient. The booking system is awesome, so easy and reliable. The staff in general are above and beyond with help that I need. Nice and cosy atmosphere.

Good hostel with nice staff located close to Clapham Junction station and close to grocery stores. Cons: Beds are not the most comfortable.

Everything is good. Just I think it should be a place where you can eat your own food because during at night you have to look for empty place where to sit since it´s a bar. But good value for your money

Nice , good bedrooms and better pub! There are not possibility to have better relation beetween price abd quality. Very recomendable. The location is very good too

• 4th Nov 2015
  • Spain

The atmosphere of the hostel is brilliant. Cannot fault the excellent help from the staff. Will definetly recommend to family and friends as it's so convenient for short stays in London. Well done to the staff and the booking system is brilliant as I do not have any hassles.

Pretty good hostel if you are not here for too long. It is a shame they don't have a small kitchenette facility for use.

The hostel was ok and I'm happy I was at least able to sleep somewhere for a few days this cheaply. However, the facilities are super outdated and falling apart (there were only two toilets in a corner, and one of the doors didn't lock for example), borderline fire risk. The wifi was absolutely terrible, limited to 1mb/s. Breakfast was free and ok, but not much praise for that either. The staff was mostly friendly, and the atmosphere was pretty relaxed - you could stay at the bar 24/7.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Switzerland

No lockers in some rooms, many older people staying there for a long time, not really a youth hostel for travelers, toilets often blocked and always dirty, bed sheets had holes, only in very few showers there were hangars to put your clothes.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Austria

Bloody rubbish place

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Estonia

Brilliant value for money. I turned up late and had no problems booking in. Very safe and great location.

Thank you very much for your opinion, we hope see you again!

Good hostel, location is a little off, but breakfast in the morning and everything else makes up for it. Excellent value for money.

Thanks a lot for your review! We are glad you enjoy your time with us. Take care!