7.3
Very Good 681 Total Reviews
7.3
Very Good 681 Total Reviews
PubLove @ The Crown, Battersea Located at 102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London.
England
London London SW11 5RD 102 Lavender Hill,, Battersea
73% 681
51.4656383 -0.1557129
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 25-30
1st May 2016
6.6

No hot water pressure in showers.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
19th Apr 2016
8.0

This was my second time staying here. Both times my decision was based on location (transport links) and price. Rooms and bathrooms were clean. Some showers were out of order but I didn't have to queue. I could feel the springs in the mattress ,but I managed to sleep ok. The wifi worked fine in the room I was in. The pub downstairs serves food or you can eat snacks in a small area at the back of pub. Not a social, backpacker hostel but I'd recommend it as a cheap, safe, clean place to stay.

Hi there! Thanks a lot for your review. As you say, we are located in a really nice area with lots of shops and restaurants around and, taking one bus, you will be in the city center! The pub downstairs has a burger kitchen with delicious food and hostel guests can enjoy them with a 10% discount. Take care! The Crown

19th Apr 2016
6.6

The staff is really nice. Code locks at the entrance and on the room doors. Wifi working alright, toilets and showers are managable (the hostel was pretty empty tho). The beds are not so comfy, but i did manage to get 7 hrs straight sleep. The hostel is ok to crash for a day or two.

Hello! Thank you very much for writing your experience with us! Every morning our housekeeping team clean the building, so it should be cleaned including the toilets and rooms. See you! The Crown

5th Apr 2016

I stayed in a 6 bed room and there were at most 4 of us. By the weekend there were only 2 of us. Good price for value as breakfast was provided. The staff were wonderful. Although it is a bit far from the Clapham Junction, but there are buses that one can take right to the doorstep. I enjoyed my stay. You can leave your bags if you are travelling for a week of so outside the country. The pub is opened 24 hours and I could not hear a thing from my bedroom. I met a wonderful woman there.

Hi there! Thanks a lot for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your time with us :) Clapham Junction is 15 minutes walking from the hostel, but, as you said, any bus will take you there. And there are lot of buses that take you at the city center as well. We hope see you again! The Crown

• Germany, Female, 18-24
17th Mar 2016
7.4

I stayed in a 9 bed dorm. The rooms are fine to sleep in but for not much else as the beds take up most of the space and there are only two power points in the room. Bathrooms are okay, not dirty or anything. I really liked the pub downstairs, it's good to hang out and have a pint and meet people (unlike in the rooms where no one would even say hello much) the location offers easy access into the city and is really nice itself with loads of pubs and little restaurants/bars down the road.

Hi there! Thanks a lot for writing your experience with us in the Website! The pub downstairs is really nice, and hostel guests has a 10% discount in food and drinks! Some rooms have a couple of power points, but you can charge your mobile phone or laptop in any place in the bar or in the area reserved for hostel guests as well. Take care! The Crown

• Hong Kong, Male, 18-24
12th Mar 2016
7.7

good value for money, I booked the bed 2 hours before checking in and it costed £18 Not recommend if you want a quality living as facility isn't that good. But its quite good if you are a easy going person like me.

9th Mar 2016

Awesome! 10/10 would stay here again. Friendly staff, rad environment, great food/beer. Lockers in rooms were a nice touch as well.

Hi there! Thanks a lot for your lovely review! We are really glad to know you enjoyed your time with us. We hope see you again! The Crown.

6th Mar 2016
3.1

sorry to be rude, but i don't want others to make the same mistake i did - very far from London -don't let you check-in at the time you set online, you have to wait until after 2pm -make you pay if you don't check-out by 10am -they test the fire alarm every monday at 11am. -I witnessed them take pliers to a padlock (have 2 pay for the lock) -towels are 5pounds -Windows were stuck open, frigid breeze. -The "safe place" they let you put your luggage, everyone is given the combination to

Hi there, The check-in is at 2pm, but people can keep their staff in the luggage room, where there are lockers, and come back later to do the check-in with any problem. The check-out is at 10:30am, but if you want to stay longer you can do it for £3. There are signals in the rooms. Towels cost £5 in the hostel, but you don't have to buy them in the hostel if you think they are expensive, there are several shops around. Windows in the rooms are open and could be closed at any time if hostel guests want to. We need to check the fire alarm every week and we do it on Monday morning. We do it for security and to be sure it is working properly. Regards, The Crown Team.

5th Mar 2016
5.4

The bunks are 3 high, which wouldn't be a problem if they were easy to climb. The rooms had no place to set your things down on, the floor was the only option. Rooms too small for 9 people. 2 bathroom stalls for 18 people. Poor quality showers. We could never turn on the lights in the room all weekend due to other guests sleeping all day. I would not recommend anyone I know to stay here. There are better hostels that are worth the extra expense. Staff was helpful when asked.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
5th Mar 2016
2.9

The bathroom flooded and the room we were stuck in smelled like the inside of a gym bag. It took over an hour to get to the center of London. Someone came up to us in the bathroom asking if we wanted to buy pills. The staff mostly just acted like we were in the way. We were so horrified by the thought of having to stay there another night that we left a night early on an expensive last-minute train.