PubLove @ The Crown, Battersea Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

The showers didnt work properly, I burned my finger in one of them because it wouldnt cool down and the metal got pretty hot!

• 14th Aug 2015

Thanks for your opinion! Sorry about the showers, we are solved the problems that we had with them. We work to improve our facilities. Thanks!

Not enough bathrooms, staff seemed to think life in general was just too hard! Cheap spot outside of the main city area, decent transport links nearby.

We moved to this hostel our second day in London because out first one was not very pleasant. It's in a great location about 30 mins by bus from the really touristy stuff and all down the street are all the stores you need. Very clean and it's located above a bar, what more do you need.

Thank very much for your reply, we are really glad you enjoyed your time in our hostel. We are here to help you in all that you need. Take care!

the atmosphere wasn't very good and it didn't seem very social. As it was a pub, to have a drink there you had to pay pub prices, when you're on a budget this isn't great. Also as there was no kitchen to prepare any food so we found it quite an expensive stay while we were there as we were having to eat and drink out pretty much all the time. The free breakfast was decent though, and the staff are really lovely. Some of the showers were broken and would only have scalding hot water.

Hi there, Thank You for your feedback, we really appreciate it ! I'm sure you took advantage of our 10% off food and drinks at the bar ! We are improving our bathroom amenities over the next few weeks, but we appreciate all the feedback ! Safe Travels & Take care !

Terrible hostel. I was booked to stay for 3 nights but checked-out early. The 18-bed dorm was a sauna with one window that only opened 3" and NO FANS OR VENTILATION - no-one could sleep inc. me!. The showers and bathrooms are pretty dirty and the cleaning staff are rude and would come into the room and start mopping and hoovering at 10am, regardless of whether anyone was asleep or not. Atmosphere was non-existent and you could feel that everyone staying there just wanted to leave. DO NOT STAY!

Hi There, We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us , we were blessed with some hot weather during your time here which you are probably aware does not happen very often in London, so unfortunately this did make the rooms a little stuffy and we do apologize for this ! Thank You for your comments about the house keeping, we will let management know about this. Our bathrooms are being improved as we speak, so this is a positive thing. Take care & safe travels !

We stayed here for one night. It was just a place to crash before we went to friends in Clapham Junction. The pub downstairs has great burgers. Rooms were fine for one night, three story bunk beds. The showers were okay. For a place to stop over for one night it was fine.

The staff was very welcoming at first. But after, not very friendly, giving empty promises about the heath and only helpful when ordering food/drinks. They barricaded the windows, so no fresh air was able to come to the hostel rooms which had 9 or 12 people/room. There were some very hot days, during the days it was 34C degrees but I think the hostelroom was 38C or at night. Theroom smelled badly because no fresh air supply was there, also no ventilation after we asked and told them about it.

• 1st Jul 2015

Hi There, Thank You for your feedback! I am sorry that you had this experience and will definitely get on top of this with the staff. As you are probably aware London does not reach this temperatures very often at all! So in some ways we were blessed with such beautiful weather, but it did make the rooms a little stuffy , we do apologize for this ! Hope to see you again in the future!

No ventilation in the room or bathroom, the doors would not lock properly most of the time. The rooms were so hot it was unbearable we had to check out early

• 29th Jun 2015

The facilities are not great but it's very cheap for a bed + breakfast. Access to London quite easy : walk 15 minutes to underground station then take northern line to city center. Suitable for low budget.

The window open just a few inches so the room was very hot

Clean place with nice and helpful staff, 24hr reception, clean showers with regulated water temperature, not overly pricey, considering location. Clean rooms and linen, reservation & check in done spot on. May be a bit stuffy in rooms at night, even with window ajar. Small lockers, but implementing some skill and three dimensional thinking, you can fit your laptop in. Wifi was just good enough to use skype without much disruption. Atmosphere downstairs is of a regular pub, with lots of guests.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Poland

They messed up my reservation but we're able to fix it quickly. Everything was very nice, just no AC in the rooms that I noticed. Only big issue was the distance from any of the main attractions. Took an hour on a metro to tower bridge, maybe 10 min to Big Ben/London eye with a short walk following the train.

Two of the members of staff I met were very helpful and friendly one in particular had the same music taste as me and we chatted at length during the night. One member of staff though was not friendly or helpful ,who was the only English member of staff I hasten to add,she found it highly irregular that I requested a second cup of coffee. It being a pub I would assume people ask for a second drink on more than one occasion ....she said "another coffee.Bloody Hell"

Dear Valued Traveler Thanks you for your feedback, whilst I am pleased to hear that you found two of our staff members helpfully and friendly, I am disheartened to hear that another has let our team down. Please be assured that the matter will be addressed with the staff member in questions. We hope that this incident did not dampen your overall stay and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Happy Traveling Management

everyone was very friendly, the pub is extraordinarlily nice. The bathrooms could be a little cleaner, or at least dry. The 3 strory beds move a lot during nights maybe its a good idea to fix them to the wall. All in all the it is a good place and the prices are really good

• 2nd Jun 2015

There are too few toilets for the number of guests and the showers barely work. When they do the water is often scalding hot. The room itself was adequate but the whole building is uncomfortably warm all the time and their was evidence of mice/rats. Transport links are good as you are very close to bus stop (less than 1 min walk) and pretty close to Clapham junction and Clapham North stations.

It was a decent stay in PubLove. The staffs were friendly especially the lady working in the morning. The price was worth what I paid even though the bathroom could be a little bit cleaner. Sometimes, the room is way too hot. The nice thing was the quietness of the whole place. It was quite nice to have a quite place to sit after a long day of walking and PubLove provided that for me. I recommend anyone to stay there if you are looking for a cheap place to stay.

• 17th May 2015

Thank you for leaving such a positivity feedback, I will take on board and make sure our cleanliness is to 100% as expected. Thanks Crown Team

Although one of the staff members was really friendly the others were not very helpful with some of the problems that we had.

Thank you for leaving us with comment, I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff i will make sure this does not happen again. Thank you for booking with us Regards, Crown Team

arrived late night and left early morning but was nice and clean enough, staff were helpful. didn't see many people but I was simply staying for convenience as I couldn't travel home (the other side of London). Would definitely stay again! Free breakfast, wifi, and a good nights sleep!

The emplyees were very friendly and helped us with every question we had. There were enough showers and it was clean, too. The breakfast was ok but it was quite sparse; it was included in the price of the stay so the cost-benefit ratio was good. All in all it was a very nice stay and super cheap for a stay of 3 Nights. Thank you all for the nice holiday!

• 31st Mar 2015

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

My only complaint is that there was not enough electrical outlets in the room. 12 people and just 2 outlets by the door. Apart from this, it was good.