PubLove @ The Crown, Battersea Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

Terrible hostel. I was booked to stay for 3 nights but checked-out early. The 18-bed dorm was a sauna with one window that only opened 3" and NO FANS OR VENTILATION - no-one could sleep inc. me!. The showers and bathrooms are pretty dirty and the cleaning staff are rude and would come into the room and start mopping and hoovering at 10am, regardless of whether anyone was asleep or not. Atmosphere was non-existent and you could feel that everyone staying there just wanted to leave. DO NOT STAY!

Hi There, We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us , we were blessed with some hot weather during your time here which you are probably aware does not happen very often in London, so unfortunately this did make the rooms a little stuffy and we do apologize for this ! Thank You for your comments about the house keeping, we will let management know about this. Our bathrooms are being improved as we speak, so this is a positive thing. Take care & safe travels !

We stayed here for one night. It was just a place to crash before we went to friends in Clapham Junction. The pub downstairs has great burgers. Rooms were fine for one night, three story bunk beds. The showers were okay. For a place to stop over for one night it was fine.

The staff was very welcoming at first. But after, not very friendly, giving empty promises about the heath and only helpful when ordering food/drinks. They barricaded the windows, so no fresh air was able to come to the hostel rooms which had 9 or 12 people/room. There were some very hot days, during the days it was 34C degrees but I think the hostelroom was 38C or at night. Theroom smelled badly because no fresh air supply was there, also no ventilation after we asked and told them about it.

• 1st Jul 2015

Hi There, Thank You for your feedback! I am sorry that you had this experience and will definitely get on top of this with the staff. As you are probably aware London does not reach this temperatures very often at all! So in some ways we were blessed with such beautiful weather, but it did make the rooms a little stuffy , we do apologize for this ! Hope to see you again in the future!

No ventilation in the room or bathroom, the doors would not lock properly most of the time. The rooms were so hot it was unbearable we had to check out early

• 29th Jun 2015

The facilities are not great but it's very cheap for a bed + breakfast. Access to London quite easy : walk 15 minutes to underground station then take northern line to city center. Suitable for low budget.

The window open just a few inches so the room was very hot

Clean place with nice and helpful staff, 24hr reception, clean showers with regulated water temperature, not overly pricey, considering location. Clean rooms and linen, reservation & check in done spot on. May be a bit stuffy in rooms at night, even with window ajar. Small lockers, but implementing some skill and three dimensional thinking, you can fit your laptop in. Wifi was just good enough to use skype without much disruption. Atmosphere downstairs is of a regular pub, with lots of guests.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Poland

They messed up my reservation but we're able to fix it quickly. Everything was very nice, just no AC in the rooms that I noticed. Only big issue was the distance from any of the main attractions. Took an hour on a metro to tower bridge, maybe 10 min to Big Ben/London eye with a short walk following the train.

Two of the members of staff I met were very helpful and friendly one in particular had the same music taste as me and we chatted at length during the night. One member of staff though was not friendly or helpful ,who was the only English member of staff I hasten to add,she found it highly irregular that I requested a second cup of coffee. It being a pub I would assume people ask for a second drink on more than one occasion ....she said "another coffee.Bloody Hell"

Dear Valued Traveler Thanks you for your feedback, whilst I am pleased to hear that you found two of our staff members helpfully and friendly, I am disheartened to hear that another has let our team down. Please be assured that the matter will be addressed with the staff member in questions. We hope that this incident did not dampen your overall stay and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Happy Traveling Management

everyone was very friendly, the pub is extraordinarlily nice. The bathrooms could be a little cleaner, or at least dry. The 3 strory beds move a lot during nights maybe its a good idea to fix them to the wall. All in all the it is a good place and the prices are really good

• 2nd Jun 2015