PubLove @ The Crown, Battersea Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

Although one of the staff members was really friendly the others were not very helpful with some of the problems that we had.

Thank you for leaving us with comment, I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff i will make sure this does not happen again. Thank you for booking with us Regards, Crown Team

arrived late night and left early morning but was nice and clean enough, staff were helpful. didn't see many people but I was simply staying for convenience as I couldn't travel home (the other side of London). Would definitely stay again! Free breakfast, wifi, and a good nights sleep!

The emplyees were very friendly and helped us with every question we had. There were enough showers and it was clean, too. The breakfast was ok but it was quite sparse; it was included in the price of the stay so the cost-benefit ratio was good. All in all it was a very nice stay and super cheap for a stay of 3 Nights. Thank you all for the nice holiday!

• 31st Mar 2015

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

My only complaint is that there was not enough electrical outlets in the room. 12 people and just 2 outlets by the door. Apart from this, it was good.

triple Decker bunk beds you cant sit up in the bed in the dorms , rooms are very small

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Burgers were amazing! A bit on the expensive side but £11 will get you an awesome burger and a pint, which after a long day is an absolute dream!

There was an additional guest in our 18 bed dorm - a mouse. Not ideal. It is however a cheap and cheerful place to stay. Good location and you get 10% off at the bar as a hostel guest.

It's an average hostel, good enough for the value paid. The vicinity has many markets and food shops and it is not far from the metro station. However, the room was very stuffy and with no air flow so it gets hot and smelly very easily.

Some comments about my stay there: - the staff wasn't prepared to deal with customers: they didn't say good bye and they didn't even lend us the oven to heat a pizza from supermarket. - not enough room for 12 beds in a single room - toillets were very clean

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Chile

Arrived there and my bed was occupied, when I told the staff, seemed disinterested. Given another bed in front of a broken window ( December in London isn't the warmer month, so it was quite uncomfortable during the nights). There was a mouse in the room, visited me during the nights a couple of times ( I saw him over my pillow when I was trying to sleep), so I can't consider this place the most clean and hygienical hostel I've been. Felt like in a 2nd World War refugee bunker.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Not the closest hostel to the centre but comfy beds and pretty clean. In dire need of a communal kitchen

Loved the Pub, especially the breakfasts. The bathrooms were clean. Staff was friendly. Wish the room were less hot and stuffy.

It´s not the best hostel I have booked with Hostelworld. Not very clean, not many showers, no lockers in the room (at least in mine, the 3 people one), and the toilet and showers were in a floor below than the room, not very convenient. The street is quite noise, so make sure you have your earplugs with you or you will struggle to sleep properly. The bed was comfortable and clean, that was ok.But just one plug in the room, close to the floor.

bored staff and poor atmosphere

The night I arrived of the 3 shower rooms, 1 was flooded & stank & in the other 2 the lights had failed - So I was unable to take a shower until the next morning - which was awful as I had spent all day walking around London with a rucksack & was worn out & sweaty. Also the dorm was very smelly & far to hot as well as being noisy as it was in direct fire of the high street. When I asked the manager for a discount for the shower situation, I was offered a free drink at the bar - which I declined

• 18th Oct 2014

The hostel is cool in general. But very complicated to book (especially if you don't have a credit card).

• 29th Sep 2014

The bedroom was good but the bathroom was not very cleaned.

Good-value bland budget accommodation above pub, with polite quiet unobtrusive staff. Fairly distant from central London but well served by buses (bus stop right outside) and near Clapham shops/pubs.Good provision of clean showers/toilets. Door entry codes actually worked efficiently - not always the case at hostels! Security lapse: my passport was not checked, and I was merely asked to write down its number (this could enable fraud). I may be mistaken, but I think it offers no kitchen facility.

The location was quite good. The staff was very helpful and smiling most of the time, they were really awsome. Sleeping was ok on triple bunk beds but since the window from the room enters the road outside there is a lot of noise. I strongly reccomend to bring earplugs if you have light sleep like me. I had earplugs so I was ok. A few toilets were out of order so the mornings were a bit crowded. Generally speaking we tried to avoid bathroom and toilet.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

I thought this was a very nice hostel! Very clean - I saw the staff cleaning every day! The showers were also very well maintained. I did not like the beds (stacked 3 high). And also ventilation of the rooms. Having so many to a room it gets very hot very quickly!

• 8th Sep 2014