PubLove @ The Crown, Battersea Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

The staff were fantastic, the rooms were really clean and the breakfast was excellent. Thank you

• 26th Oct 2013

My favorite hostel in London because of the warm character of the building and wonderful staff! The pub is a fantastic shabby chic venue that doubles as a common room. It's a great place for a beer in the evening, or to check email in the bright morning sun. Located on top of Lavender Hill, there are some great views of London. Dorms are sometimes a bit cramped and triple bunked, but the total number of guests is not too great, so bathrooms/showers are usually available. Well worth the trek!

A very clean and well maintained hostel. Excellent value for money.

Friendly staff and a good place to stay. It's a bit out from the center of London, but underground and buses make that a fairly minor fix. The Thai restaurant down the street is excellent Bangkok...something. There are also haircut places right in the area - the one for men was good and reasonably priced. The bar downstairs is good and it makes for an easy way to gather up prior to heading out or waiting for a group.

• 18th Oct 2013

Nicest hostel I've stayed in, it's in Clapham just outside central London. Clapham has a nice feel and it's easy to forget you're in a big city. it's a short tube/bus journey from the centre (Clapham in Zone 2) so that should be considered during your stay, but buses run all day and night so not a problem. The hostel is relaxed, clean and friendly and I had a good stay. Pros: good value, clean, free breakfast, generally nice place to stay . Cons: location, no kitchen.

The staff was very friendly and I enjoyed my stay.

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Very clean modern rooms, plenty of space, lockers in rooms, beds excellent, just comfort plus!!! Sweet bar downstairs as well! Bit of a walk from the tube station but clapham is a beautiful area with plenty of funky bars and places to eat around!!

Nice clean hostel in a decent end of town!

nice hostel and nice staff, they only have to shave, because they all have long beards (joking). One minor point is that they didn't had a kitchen, it wasn't even allowed to eat something inside the hostel. There is a small pub in the hostel, but they close at 12, so you can sleep without noise.

really far from the center of london but other than that its great

It would be nice to have more toilets, and curtains for the beds.

Has to be the best value for money hostel in central London. No common area, but guests are welcome to hang out no worries in the pub downstairs. Good facilities, and easy access to Clapham Junction. Would definitely be my pick on return visits to London.

Great hostel, very nice staff. Clean and well maintained. Fairly close to Clapham Junction station. The bar is a nice bonus as well and has good deals for residents. Not having a kitchen is problematic if you don't plan on eating out every day.

• 19th Sep 2013

Top Marks for an excellent facility

• 19th Sep 2013

I would definitely stay there again :) It's close to bus stops and a train stop.The atmosphere is nice, but it's not a typical hostel. It's connected with a bar, so don't expect maps, guides and a front desk person telling you where to go and what bus to take- you have to be quite independent. Although there was no bathroom in the room, there were always showers and toilets available. Most of all, it was clean, and when I actually saw a cleaning person at work,I was amazed how thorough she was.

Best wifi I've had so far! The bathrooms were clean, and despite the water shutting off one morning, showers were ok. Breakfast consists of cereal, toast and tea. The downstairs area is a bar, and many locals went during the evening. About a 20 minute bus ride to downtown London. Very friendly staff -- I'd stay again.

It was very good hostel, for the money that we paid for it we can not expect more. It was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay there when we visit London next time. If you are looking for something not expensive but also good, we would definitely recommend this hostel.

Really liked The Crown. I went w/ one other person and I got stuck on the top of a 3 tier and he was on the bottom so it would have been nicer if we were closer and 3 tier bunks aren't exactly my personal favorite but everything else was great - good internet on location, facilities were very clean and decent are - could see London Eye from our window - About a 5-7 min walk to a major tube/train station - can't complain for the cheap price.

This is a great hostel, the food is great,the drinks are great! The staff are by far World Class! Nicest people you would ever meet. My only issue is , its a bit far from Central London . This is great if you want to experience a different kind of London, the area is not nearly as busy as the city center. I would stay again.

Big rooms with confortable beds. It would be great to have a kitchen or at least a fridge where storing food. Better find another place for luggage storage: too difficult lifting the suitcase on those small stairs!