PubLove @ The Crown, Battersea Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

The rooms are not properly ventilated, so the 12-person spaces get hot very quickly, especially at night (unless you leave the door propped open!). There is no storage for luggage inside the rooms, so they become crowded very quickly. The bar downstairs is pretty cool.

Too far for Central London and the triple bunk is dangerous but it was clean and staff were really nice .

That hostel is not much more than a sh*thole but then again the price you pay don't make you hope for an awesome place (at least during the week)... But I discovered that's a scam, no kitchen or common room for the guests. They sell food and drinks in the bar that's associated, the money you save by not taking a better hostel you will spend in there plus the location forces you to pay lots in transports if you don't wanna walk 2km just to get somewhere everyday. Not recommended!

Great location for a great price. The hostel is about a 15 minute walk from Clapham Common. Quite a basic hostel - no kitchen, ok showers and triple-bed bunkbeds - but it al did its job. The breakfast was cereal and toast - unlimited!

the rooms were nice and big enough for 6 people but the mattresses were horrible. my back problems got worse during my stay. maybe you could replace them? and the included breakfast was ok but maybe you could also offer a healthy option like muesli without sugar? but i have to say that altogether i was glad to have choosen fresh the crown

• 4th May 2014
  • Austria

It is what it is. Location was far away. Bunks were stacked three high, I thought I was going to kill someone by getting on the top bunk. Showers were a bit inconvenient.

Very nice hostel, definitely will be back.

Even though it was a little off the center, there were a lot of ways to go to where you want to go in London (it has the most amazing public transportation). So it wasn't a big problem. The problem was the bed (the worst I've ever slept in, I could feel all the springs, it hurted sometimes), the staff (when I asked about the sights I wanted to see in London, or when I asked for recommendations, they didn't know anything... It seemed that they didn't even live there), and a few other things...

It would be perfect with a kitchen! cool hostel, 2nd time I stay in this one! cheers!

It was a nice staying, for two weeks in february! We met a lot of nice people and the staff was also very nice!Everything was clean! The hostel it's located in a quiet place and you have the bus 345 just in front to arrive to the tube and then to the center! The tube is the most efficient and fast way to travel: 32 pound per week travelcard (to put on your oyster) all included and all day You have also a big supermarket Asda nearby, very big and cheap! Have fun!! there are many things to see

• 12th Feb 2014

Staffs were really nice and facilities were great. Rooms were kept clean every morning so very clean. One drawback was rooms were not spacious. Anyway, I enjoyed my stay at this accommodation. =) Overall, this hostel was nice.

Great hostel if you want a quiet night. Decent value, free breakfast and Wi-Fi. The bathrooms and dorms were kept very clean. There weren't too many sockets in the room, but that wasn't usually an issue. The hostel is out of the way of any major tube station, but the city was only about 20 mins away by bus.

Great staff, clean facilities! Thank you.

We made the mistake of walking from Big Ben to this hostel which took a VERY long time since its 3.4 miles away but we were amazed when we got there at the security and overall atmosphere of the place. the next day we topped up an oyster card and then just took buses to and from the hostel. It was very clean for a hostel and I felt comfortable there throughout my whole stay. I would definitely use it again. (great for the price as well) (FREE BREAKFAST!)

• 31st Jan 2014

The staff was nice. The reception is in the pub and i really like it.

Every staff is very kind except a female staff working at the front desk. I thought she only picked on me, talking with unfriendly attitude, until other hostel friends told me they feel the same way about her.

It was about an hour's walk to any attraction, but it was nice to be able to wander down to the supermarket and pick up some cheap food.

PERFECT FOR THE PRICE. Extremely friendly and clean, good bathrooms and showers. It's a fair distance from the city centre, but close to Clapham Junction station. The 12-bed rooms are not huge for the number of people, but sufficient. Definitely leave the window open, with that many people in a room all night it will start to smell a bit too human. Springing for a room with less people may be a good idea. Book early for weekends especially, because it will fill up. No kitchen facilities.

Far from center, BUT. But. The bus to Trafalgar square and Westminster/ Parliament is literally outside of the establishment. Has a great bar downstairs with a lively atmosphere that makes it easy to meet people to go out with. Relaxed and friendly staff who are very helpful. Bathrooms unfortunately are temperamental , the showers tended to turn cold or scalding randomly and the toilets sometimes didn't work..

In my opinion it's an average hostel and I believe there are many other better hostels with similar price. Maybe it would fit mostly for the ones who are looking for a quite place.