PubLove @ The Crown, Battersea Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

Arrived there and my bed was occupied, when I told the staff, seemed disinterested. Given another bed in front of a broken window ( December in London isn't the warmer month, so it was quite uncomfortable during the nights). There was a mouse in the room, visited me during the nights a couple of times ( I saw him over my pillow when I was trying to sleep), so I can't consider this place the most clean and hygienical hostel I've been. Felt like in a 2nd World War refugee bunker.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Leider waren die dorms viel zu klein und es fehlte Gepäckaufbewahrungen/Stauraum.

Not the closest hostel to the centre but comfy beds and pretty clean. In dire need of a communal kitchen

Loved the Pub, especially the breakfasts. The bathrooms were clean. Staff was friendly. Wish the room were less hot and stuffy.

Es un hostel y también es un pub, los trabajadores son los mismos y no priorizan para nada las necesidades de los huéspedes. Conectarse a su WIFI fue un infierno y no hacían nada para solucionarlo. No hay metro cercano y la estación de tren está a unos 25' andando. Habitaciones con moqueta sucia y sin lugar para dejar tus cosas, el cuarto para dejar la maleta está en el sótano.

Ottimo ostello, vi ho trascorso 4 giorni con mia moglie a metà novembre 2014 e considerato che abbiamo 56 e 57 anni, ci siamo trovati molto bene, circondati da simpatici ed educati giovani. Ottimo il personale disponibile e simpatico. Posizione eccellente, a circa 300 mt. dalla Stazione treni e metro di Clapman Junction, da dove in pochi minuti si raggiunge Londra centro e i luoghi d' interesse più conosciuti. Ottimo anche il servizio autobus, fermata davanti l'Ostello. Buona permanenza, Salvo

• 18th Nov 2014

It´s not the best hostel I have booked with Hostelworld. Not very clean, not many showers, no lockers in the room (at least in mine, the 3 people one), and the toilet and showers were in a floor below than the room, not very convenient. The street is quite noise, so make sure you have your earplugs with you or you will struggle to sleep properly. The bed was comfortable and clean, that was ok.But just one plug in the room, close to the floor.

bored staff and poor atmosphere

The night I arrived of the 3 shower rooms, 1 was flooded & stank & in the other 2 the lights had failed - So I was unable to take a shower until the next morning - which was awful as I had spent all day walking around London with a rucksack & was worn out & sweaty. Also the dorm was very smelly & far to hot as well as being noisy as it was in direct fire of the high street. When I asked the manager for a discount for the shower situation, I was offered a free drink at the bar - which I declined

• 18th Oct 2014

The hostel is cool in general. But very complicated to book (especially if you don't have a credit card).

• 29th Sep 2014

The bedroom was good but the bathroom was not very cleaned.

Good-value bland budget accommodation above pub, with polite quiet unobtrusive staff. Fairly distant from central London but well served by buses (bus stop right outside) and near Clapham shops/pubs.Good provision of clean showers/toilets. Door entry codes actually worked efficiently - not always the case at hostels! Security lapse: my passport was not checked, and I was merely asked to write down its number (this could enable fraud). I may be mistaken, but I think it offers no kitchen facility.

The location was quite good. The staff was very helpful and smiling most of the time, they were really awsome. Sleeping was ok on triple bunk beds but since the window from the room enters the road outside there is a lot of noise. I strongly reccomend to bring earplugs if you have light sleep like me. I had earplugs so I was ok. A few toilets were out of order so the mornings were a bit crowded. Generally speaking we tried to avoid bathroom and toilet.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

Das Hostel war insgesamt ok. Gepäckraum vorhanden. Der Weg bis ins Zentrum hat zu Fuß etwa eine Stunde gedauert, es gibt aber einen Bus, der direkt bis zur Westminster Station fährt. Die Schließfächer im Zimmer waren sehr klein und kosteten extra. Zu unserer Überraschung gab es Frühstück inklusive (Müsli+Toast). Toiletten nicht immer perfekt geputzt aber ok. Duschen waren extra und ok. Nachts war es angenehm ruhig, nur das Fenster ging nur wenig auf, sodass die Luft schnell stickig wurde.

• 17th Sep 2014

I thought this was a very nice hostel! Very clean - I saw the staff cleaning every day! The showers were also very well maintained. I did not like the beds (stacked 3 high). And also ventilation of the rooms. Having so many to a room it gets very hot very quickly!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

I stayed here for a week. The showers were ok, most of the shower doors were broken (not the cubicle, the sliding screen) and the water pressure was low, but good hot water. The pillow was quite dirty. The closest tube station is about a 15 minute walk away and then a tube trip to anywhere like London bridge or Leicester square is another 15/20 minutes. There's some decent food in the area, cafe and coin laundry. Some staff can be helpful. For €9 a night during the week, this place is alright.

I felt there very tight.

I stayed at Fresh and my friend I met in London stayed in a private boarding room nearby. Fresh is a little bit of a walk from the nearest tube in Clapton Common, but it is clean, cheap, very secure, large showers with doors, large restrooms, and has a very helpful staff. I didn't get to experience any of the hostel atmosphere, since I was with my friend all day and just basically slept there, but it seemed like a very good bargain for its location.

Hostel is ok and clean but the manager is so rude amd ignorant (( my first experience off her when was checking inn amd asked could I have a bottom bunk and got. It one but 3 lectures about booking a room and when I was so surprised I smiled in shock, then she shouted don't smile this is a serious business ((( her name Francesca stay away if possible and if your not polish you'll not feel welcome

Francesca the manager was the most ignorant and unpleasant rude person I have met,