PubLove @ The Crown, Battersea Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

There was an additional guest in our 18 bed dorm - a mouse. Not ideal. It is however a cheap and cheerful place to stay. Good location and you get 10% off at the bar as a hostel guest.

It's an average hostel, good enough for the value paid. The vicinity has many markets and food shops and it is not far from the metro station. However, the room was very stuffy and with no air flow so it gets hot and smelly very easily.

Pior albergue que já fui.

Some comments about my stay there: - the staff wasn't prepared to deal with customers: they didn't say good bye and they didn't even lend us the oven to heat a pizza from supermarket. - not enough room for 12 beds in a single room - toillets were very clean

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Chile

Arrived there and my bed was occupied, when I told the staff, seemed disinterested. Given another bed in front of a broken window ( December in London isn't the warmer month, so it was quite uncomfortable during the nights). There was a mouse in the room, visited me during the nights a couple of times ( I saw him over my pillow when I was trying to sleep), so I can't consider this place the most clean and hygienical hostel I've been. Felt like in a 2nd World War refugee bunker.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Leider waren die dorms viel zu klein und es fehlte Gepäckaufbewahrungen/Stauraum.

Not the closest hostel to the centre but comfy beds and pretty clean. In dire need of a communal kitchen

Loved the Pub, especially the breakfasts. The bathrooms were clean. Staff was friendly. Wish the room were less hot and stuffy.

Es un hostel y también es un pub, los trabajadores son los mismos y no priorizan para nada las necesidades de los huéspedes. Conectarse a su WIFI fue un infierno y no hacían nada para solucionarlo. No hay metro cercano y la estación de tren está a unos 25' andando. Habitaciones con moqueta sucia y sin lugar para dejar tus cosas, el cuarto para dejar la maleta está en el sótano.

Ottimo ostello, vi ho trascorso 4 giorni con mia moglie a metà novembre 2014 e considerato che abbiamo 56 e 57 anni, ci siamo trovati molto bene, circondati da simpatici ed educati giovani. Ottimo il personale disponibile e simpatico. Posizione eccellente, a circa 300 mt. dalla Stazione treni e metro di Clapman Junction, da dove in pochi minuti si raggiunge Londra centro e i luoghi d' interesse più conosciuti. Ottimo anche il servizio autobus, fermata davanti l'Ostello. Buona permanenza, Salvo

• 18th Nov 2014

It´s not the best hostel I have booked with Hostelworld. Not very clean, not many showers, no lockers in the room (at least in mine, the 3 people one), and the toilet and showers were in a floor below than the room, not very convenient. The street is quite noise, so make sure you have your earplugs with you or you will struggle to sleep properly. The bed was comfortable and clean, that was ok.But just one plug in the room, close to the floor.

bored staff and poor atmosphere

The night I arrived of the 3 shower rooms, 1 was flooded & stank & in the other 2 the lights had failed - So I was unable to take a shower until the next morning - which was awful as I had spent all day walking around London with a rucksack & was worn out & sweaty. Also the dorm was very smelly & far to hot as well as being noisy as it was in direct fire of the high street. When I asked the manager for a discount for the shower situation, I was offered a free drink at the bar - which I declined

• 18th Oct 2014

The hostel is cool in general. But very complicated to book (especially if you don't have a credit card).

• 29th Sep 2014

The bedroom was good but the bathroom was not very cleaned.