PubLove @ The Crown, Battersea Reviews

102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, England

There are too few toilets for the number of guests and the showers barely work. When they do the water is often scalding hot. The room itself was adequate but the whole building is uncomfortably warm all the time and their was evidence of mice/rats. Transport links are good as you are very close to bus stop (less than 1 min walk) and pretty close to Clapham junction and Clapham North stations.

It was a decent stay in PubLove. The staffs were friendly especially the lady working in the morning. The price was worth what I paid even though the bathroom could be a little bit cleaner. Sometimes, the room is way too hot. The nice thing was the quietness of the whole place. It was quite nice to have a quite place to sit after a long day of walking and PubLove provided that for me. I recommend anyone to stay there if you are looking for a cheap place to stay.

• 17th May 2015

Thank you for leaving such a positivity feedback, I will take on board and make sure our cleanliness is to 100% as expected. Thanks Crown Team

Although one of the staff members was really friendly the others were not very helpful with some of the problems that we had.

Thank you for leaving us with comment, I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff i will make sure this does not happen again. Thank you for booking with us Regards, Crown Team

Trotz der Lage in Battersea/Clapham ist die Verkehrsanbindung über Overground nach Victoria und per Bus bis Trafalgar bemerkenswert. Vor allem der liebevoll gestaltete Barraum tut sein übriges, und durch die vergleichsweise wenigen Betten bleibt es selbst bei Vollbelegung angenehm ruhig. Bei den günstigsten Preisen definitiv empfehlenswert.

• 25th Apr 2015

El wi-fi era una mierda y había testimonios de un ratoncito que andaba por ahí pululando dos días antes de que llegaramos. Duchas insuficientes y una funda para el edredón no hubiera estado mal. Como lugar para caerse muerto, no está mal (en el buen sentido eh, me refiero a un sitio sólo para dormir) pero el wi-fi hoy en día es básico. El bar también me gustó.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The emplyees were very friendly and helped us with every question we had. There were enough showers and it was clean, too. The breakfast was ok but it was quite sparse; it was included in the price of the stay so the cost-benefit ratio was good. All in all it was a very nice stay and super cheap for a stay of 3 Nights. Thank you all for the nice holiday!

• 31st Mar 2015

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

My only complaint is that there was not enough electrical outlets in the room. 12 people and just 2 outlets by the door. Apart from this, it was good.

triple Decker bunk beds you cant sit up in the bed in the dorms , rooms are very small

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Burgers were amazing! A bit on the expensive side but £11 will get you an awesome burger and a pint, which after a long day is an absolute dream!

There was an additional guest in our 18 bed dorm - a mouse. Not ideal. It is however a cheap and cheerful place to stay. Good location and you get 10% off at the bar as a hostel guest.

It's an average hostel, good enough for the value paid. The vicinity has many markets and food shops and it is not far from the metro station. However, the room was very stuffy and with no air flow so it gets hot and smelly very easily.

Pior albergue que já fui.

Some comments about my stay there: - the staff wasn't prepared to deal with customers: they didn't say good bye and they didn't even lend us the oven to heat a pizza from supermarket. - not enough room for 12 beds in a single room - toillets were very clean

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Chile

Arrived there and my bed was occupied, when I told the staff, seemed disinterested. Given another bed in front of a broken window ( December in London isn't the warmer month, so it was quite uncomfortable during the nights). There was a mouse in the room, visited me during the nights a couple of times ( I saw him over my pillow when I was trying to sleep), so I can't consider this place the most clean and hygienical hostel I've been. Felt like in a 2nd World War refugee bunker.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Leider waren die dorms viel zu klein und es fehlte Gepäckaufbewahrungen/Stauraum.

Not the closest hostel to the centre but comfy beds and pretty clean. In dire need of a communal kitchen

Loved the Pub, especially the breakfasts. The bathrooms were clean. Staff was friendly. Wish the room were less hot and stuffy.