PubLove @ The Great Eastern, Greenwich Reviews

1 Glenaffric Avenue, London, England

Will stay again

The best part is the great lounge. The worst is the smallest smelly rooms with 9 pairs of feet! food at the bar is limited and expensive, and not many options nearby. the free breakfast is so lame. only close to Greenwich, far from anywhere else.

There were 2 toilette broken, what happen with the shower without door? Breakfast till 9 it's too early in my opinion, above all if there is just bread marmelade and cereals Window in our room it was broken, with a piece of paper to fix it? it's very difficult to jump on the bed (we were also in another publove, and it was much easier) NO SPACE for baggages (even if it was just a backpack) Night Bus from Trafalgar Square, 1 hour.

• 24th Jan 2015

Just an average hostel in London, internet is very fast which is nice

Nice hostel, there is a big comfortable living room for the backpackers, and a pub right next to it. Rooms and beds are ok, although some people may not like the 3 levels bunk beds. The shower in my room sometimes did not have hot water, so I had to go to the common showers. The hostel is situated a bit far away from the centre ; you have to take the DLR (an open-air tube) and they stop a bit earlier than the underground. Staff are very nice and likely to help you in need.

beds were used and dirty when we arrived, so i told the guy at the reception to change them. When i came back some hours later they weren't changed, there was somebody in our bed. I went down to the reception, there was another very friendly guy who changed them for us in the middle of the night. The room in the bathroom didnt open when i was inside, it took me like 20 minutus to get out. The room was smelly and dirty as ****

Like last time I stayed here, the place was adequate enough for my needs: good location for the O2, a place to sleep, decent showers and free breakfast, which was even a little more reliable this time around. However, no proper leisure room or kitchen. And one more minor complaint: I had booked an 8-bed dorm but was placed in a 12-bed room, as they didn't have enough beds in the other room, probably due to overbooking. But at least I was then only charged the amount for the 12er, too.

Overall was pleased with my stay. Rooms were clean, good showers available although think they could use more for the number of guests staying especially as there is a rush in the mornings. Water tends to pool on the floor as no where for it to drain away - only an issue when heavy use of the showers. Common room while has good seating and a pool table there is no TV except in the bar which is always muted. Would be a nice addition. Staff are very helpfull

• 9th Nov 2014

Smelly and dirty rooms. The shower and toilet area had really poor conditions ( often clogged toilets, door that din't close properly, no more hot water in the middle of the shower). Also the staff was unfriendly and unhelpful, for instance we arrived for breakfast exactly at 09:01 (since it is from 7h-9h) and they denied us even a piece of bread, yeah british punctuality but come on!

Far from the center but otherwise it's perfect, should have more britain adapters!!

poor arrangement with the bed space, i lost my personal effects because of this

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Grenada

I stayed only one night, so the hostel can "get away" with many things, because hey, only one night, right? the thing I disliked the most: we had a room with a toilet and bathroom attached to it, but no hot water in the shower (or there was hot water, but you needed to wait like 20 mins, because the water heater didnt work properly).

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Bulgaria

Staff is RUDE and unhelpful, looks like you disturb them. We did not feel good at all. Room was dirty, you cannot bring food in the room. Shower cold. Breakfast free but poor (milk and low quality cereals - smoke came out from the toaster, and the fire alarm was shouting every morning- how annoying!) Wi fi not good, tables in the common room sticky. Luggage room stinks. Recommended only if you are really out of money, better than sleeping in the street.

Staff: unfriendly, sometimes rough and unhelpful at all. Room: we got the 6 bed mix dorm. Bathroom was dirty. Floor dirty, only one little window. Shower often cold. Too few outlet for so many people. There is a lounge and a bar. However, you MUST take breakfast in the little bar, even if there is no space and lounge is empty (?), kind of stupid rules. Tables were sticky and dirty. Hostel stinks. Wi fi is free but does not work properly. 40 min from the city centre by train. Not recommended.

Wifi only worked downstairs and cut in and out. Bunks were three high, and the rooms were waaay too small for as many people as were in each (rooms always stunk & were way stuffy at night). Some staff were awesome, others were almost rude. No kitchen, but that's OK because there's not really a grocery store close by anyway. Bathrooms were below par.. improper drainage, poor quality. One day the common room was closed off for a function. You're also on the DLR, which is more $ to get to the tube.

Took a while to get there from Central London but it's clean, the staff are helpful, and the foods not awful. What more can you ask for?

Just the shower area need soome improvements, like one of the doors are broken and is a bit difficult to open.

At the beginning I wanted to stay at this hostel but for unpredcietd reasons changed my mind and had to cancel my stay at it in the last day. Cancellation was confrimed but anyway due to late cancellation (later than at 48 hours), I was charged as for first night stay - it's a pity. Thus I paid for the services which I have not received waht was very disappointing.

If you like to actually have a hot shower then this place is not for you, I will never stay here again, THE SHOWERS WERE ABSOLUTELY FREEZING I WOULD RATHER CONTRACT EBOLA THAN STAY HERE AGAIN

About what you expect for this price in London. Positive: well-connected to public transport and with a pretty little park overlooking the Thames just around the corner. Breakfast wasn't fantastic, but free; the neighbourhood felt quite safe.