PubLove @ The Great Eastern, Greenwich Reviews

1 Glenaffric Avenue, London, England

beds were used and dirty when we arrived, so i told the guy at the reception to change them. When i came back some hours later they weren't changed, there was somebody in our bed. I went down to the reception, there was another very friendly guy who changed them for us in the middle of the night. The room in the bathroom didnt open when i was inside, it took me like 20 minutus to get out. The room was smelly and dirty as ****

Like last time I stayed here, the place was adequate enough for my needs: good location for the O2, a place to sleep, decent showers and free breakfast, which was even a little more reliable this time around. However, no proper leisure room or kitchen. And one more minor complaint: I had booked an 8-bed dorm but was placed in a 12-bed room, as they didn't have enough beds in the other room, probably due to overbooking. But at least I was then only charged the amount for the 12er, too.

Overall was pleased with my stay. Rooms were clean, good showers available although think they could use more for the number of guests staying especially as there is a rush in the mornings. Water tends to pool on the floor as no where for it to drain away - only an issue when heavy use of the showers. Common room while has good seating and a pool table there is no TV except in the bar which is always muted. Would be a nice addition. Staff are very helpfull

• 9th Nov 2014

Smelly and dirty rooms. The shower and toilet area had really poor conditions ( often clogged toilets, door that din't close properly, no more hot water in the middle of the shower). Also the staff was unfriendly and unhelpful, for instance we arrived for breakfast exactly at 09:01 (since it is from 7h-9h) and they denied us even a piece of bread, yeah british punctuality but come on!

Far from the center but otherwise it's perfect, should have more britain adapters!!

poor arrangement with the bed space, i lost my personal effects because of this

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Grenada

I stayed only one night, so the hostel can "get away" with many things, because hey, only one night, right? the thing I disliked the most: we had a room with a toilet and bathroom attached to it, but no hot water in the shower (or there was hot water, but you needed to wait like 20 mins, because the water heater didnt work properly).

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Bulgaria

Staff is RUDE and unhelpful, looks like you disturb them. We did not feel good at all. Room was dirty, you cannot bring food in the room. Shower cold. Breakfast free but poor (milk and low quality cereals - smoke came out from the toaster, and the fire alarm was shouting every morning- how annoying!) Wi fi not good, tables in the common room sticky. Luggage room stinks. Recommended only if you are really out of money, better than sleeping in the street.

Staff: unfriendly, sometimes rough and unhelpful at all. Room: we got the 6 bed mix dorm. Bathroom was dirty. Floor dirty, only one little window. Shower often cold. Too few outlet for so many people. There is a lounge and a bar. However, you MUST take breakfast in the little bar, even if there is no space and lounge is empty (?), kind of stupid rules. Tables were sticky and dirty. Hostel stinks. Wi fi is free but does not work properly. 40 min from the city centre by train. Not recommended.

Wifi only worked downstairs and cut in and out. Bunks were three high, and the rooms were waaay too small for as many people as were in each (rooms always stunk & were way stuffy at night). Some staff were awesome, others were almost rude. No kitchen, but that's OK because there's not really a grocery store close by anyway. Bathrooms were below par.. improper drainage, poor quality. One day the common room was closed off for a function. You're also on the DLR, which is more $ to get to the tube.

Took a while to get there from Central London but it's clean, the staff are helpful, and the foods not awful. What more can you ask for?

Just the shower area need soome improvements, like one of the doors are broken and is a bit difficult to open.

At the beginning I wanted to stay at this hostel but for unpredcietd reasons changed my mind and had to cancel my stay at it in the last day. Cancellation was confrimed but anyway due to late cancellation (later than at 48 hours), I was charged as for first night stay - it's a pity. Thus I paid for the services which I have not received waht was very disappointing.

If you like to actually have a hot shower then this place is not for you, I will never stay here again, THE SHOWERS WERE ABSOLUTELY FREEZING I WOULD RATHER CONTRACT EBOLA THAN STAY HERE AGAIN

About what you expect for this price in London. Positive: well-connected to public transport and with a pretty little park overlooking the Thames just around the corner. Breakfast wasn't fantastic, but free; the neighbourhood felt quite safe.

Just a cheap hostel, friendly staff, exactly what we were after, right next to the Greenwich foot tunnel, and thames. Great to see foxes in the evenings! Breakfast was pretty average. Beds were comfortable. We stayed a week and a half happily enough. Thanks team.

good cheap accommodation next to the river Thames. what you expect in 12 bed dorm. free breakfast was very basic. toaster was never working. but free all the same.

The hostel was too hot and the location wasn't that great. There was only 2 showers on our floor for about 25 people. I can sleep like a log anywhere but my friend said the beds were the most worst he has ever slept on. Other than that the hostel was OK

I chose this hostel because of good reviews as all other reasonably priced rooms near ExCeL were already taken. I needed a good night's rest, so I booked a private room (at an insanely high price), only to be greeted by a creaky bunk bed and nothing else in a tiny room. One wall bordered on a bathroom and I could hear everything, including the incredibly loud hand drier - no way to sleep in there. The bathroom was small with broken tiles on floor. Avoid the private room. Dorms seemed OK though.

The location was in a nice neighbourhood, across the Thames from Greenwich. The dorm bed was cheap and the pub and lobby downstairs were cozy. We were just staying for two nights and didn't spend much time in the hostel, but were really happy with the stay.