PubLove @ The Great Eastern, Greenwich Reviews

1 Glenaffric Avenue, London, England

This was my first hostel experience and I was pleasantly surprised with how good it was. The pub and accommodation were very good and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Thank you!

• 18th Apr 2015

Not staying again in this hostel, bad location, bad smell in the dorms and the lounge, the toilet dirty with no paper, one shower with no door and other with no lock, the rooms dont have lockers for the backpacks, so you have to let your belongins in the dorms or go downstairs to the luggage storage (it may be difficult if you dont have a backpack)

Will stay again

The best part is the great lounge. The worst is the smallest smelly rooms with 9 pairs of feet! food at the bar is limited and expensive, and not many options nearby. the free breakfast is so lame. only close to Greenwich, far from anywhere else.

There were 2 toilette broken, what happen with the shower without door? Breakfast till 9 it's too early in my opinion, above all if there is just bread marmelade and cereals Window in our room it was broken, with a piece of paper to fix it? it's very difficult to jump on the bed (we were also in another publove, and it was much easier) NO SPACE for baggages (even if it was just a backpack) Night Bus from Trafalgar Square, 1 hour.

• 24th Jan 2015

Just an average hostel in London, internet is very fast which is nice

Nice hostel, there is a big comfortable living room for the backpackers, and a pub right next to it. Rooms and beds are ok, although some people may not like the 3 levels bunk beds. The shower in my room sometimes did not have hot water, so I had to go to the common showers. The hostel is situated a bit far away from the centre ; you have to take the DLR (an open-air tube) and they stop a bit earlier than the underground. Staff are very nice and likely to help you in need.

beds were used and dirty when we arrived, so i told the guy at the reception to change them. When i came back some hours later they weren't changed, there was somebody in our bed. I went down to the reception, there was another very friendly guy who changed them for us in the middle of the night. The room in the bathroom didnt open when i was inside, it took me like 20 minutus to get out. The room was smelly and dirty as ****

Like last time I stayed here, the place was adequate enough for my needs: good location for the O2, a place to sleep, decent showers and free breakfast, which was even a little more reliable this time around. However, no proper leisure room or kitchen. And one more minor complaint: I had booked an 8-bed dorm but was placed in a 12-bed room, as they didn't have enough beds in the other room, probably due to overbooking. But at least I was then only charged the amount for the 12er, too.

Overall was pleased with my stay. Rooms were clean, good showers available although think they could use more for the number of guests staying especially as there is a rush in the mornings. Water tends to pool on the floor as no where for it to drain away - only an issue when heavy use of the showers. Common room while has good seating and a pool table there is no TV except in the bar which is always muted. Would be a nice addition. Staff are very helpfull

• 9th Nov 2014

Smelly and dirty rooms. The shower and toilet area had really poor conditions ( often clogged toilets, door that din't close properly, no more hot water in the middle of the shower). Also the staff was unfriendly and unhelpful, for instance we arrived for breakfast exactly at 09:01 (since it is from 7h-9h) and they denied us even a piece of bread, yeah british punctuality but come on!

Far from the center but otherwise it's perfect, should have more britain adapters!!