PubLove @ The Great Eastern, Greenwich Reviews

1 Glenaffric Avenue, London, England

Honestly, considering the price I shouldn't have been so surprised by the outcome but all I can say is, if you want a comfortable stay in London - this isn't the place for you. Although you are close to a DLR station and a couple of busses it's really far from the city center. The beds are old and springy which makes it almost impossible to actually get a goodnight' sleep. It just has a weird vibe to it, tons of guests that seem to live there.. But hey If you care more about saving, go for it.

This place is a pub and a hostel, but most of the effort is spent on the pub. the hostel is second, in cleanliness, staff, and services. If you just need a bed, and don't care about the facilities, or the atmosphere, then this is a good place to spend the minimum amount of money for housing in London.

• 8th Jan 2016

The hostel has a lovely relaxing atmosphere, the staff Fabio, and Phillip, and Adam have been very helpful. The housekeeping ladies keep the hostel and dormitories very clean. The hostel is centrally located so it is easy to travel into the city.

Nice place to stay!!!! Friendly staff!!! Will stay again!!!!

Very decent hostel! I'd recommend it

Hostel was in pretty bad state, worst bathrooms I have ever seen , I am talking about better toilets in 3rd world countries. I cant believe that places like this actually exist in London, I mean the toilet was overflowing and seemed like no once cared. The cleaners came told them and was advised its been broken for a while and probably wont get fixed anytime soon. The rooms were no better mattress we worn out, worst night sleep, rooms overcrowded with suit cases, clothes on the floor shoes etc

I really enjoyed staying here good staff great atmosphere, it's connected to a pub so if you can afford a pint (I couldn't hahaha) then you'll love it. Rooms were cleaned everyday, good showers.

• 9th Dec 2015

Everything about this hostel was bad. I couldn't even have a shower as they were sooo dirty I drove to a service station to have a showerd Mattresses were soo bad you could feel the springs on your back. I am surprised hostels like this exist. Theses places should be shut down. Toilets were disgusting one was overflowing with water all over the floor. Downstair bath smelled exermely bad. Worst hostel ever. And the staff are not the friendliest. Avoid at all cost

Very dirty, awfully stinky with an agressiv staff in addition No money was invested in the bed, the shower or the walls...since...

Really recommend , nice trip out of Town, there is write place....

I think that the location of the pub is very inconvenient : to acces to the city center by train we took almost more than 40 minutes and we needed to change 3 trains sometimes. Also, I think the staff should be far more friendly. The toilets were dirty in the morning. Nobody to clean it. And finally no kitchen ! For a hostel it's not appropriate, travellers who generally books this kind of accomodation are not rich and actually use a lot the kitchen to buy cheap food and cook it.

Best part about this hostel was the staff. Staff will heat up your food even though there is no communal kitchen. The staff is also very friendly if you have any questions. The location is in Zone 2 so be prepared to travel on the tube. Too many people in each room causes the room to smell. The circulation is poor. Linen is fresh and clean; however, you can feel the springs in the beds. Bathrooms are very old and not convenient with no hooks or anywhere to put your clothes other than the floor.

Definitely a decent place, though I'd be nice if there was enough space in a room to dry a towel

• 16th Nov 2015
  • Poland

Unlike last year, I got the room I had booked, and it was even one with an en suite bathroom, which was quite convenient and saved me from having to queue at the common showers at busy times. The one we had was an electric one though, which can have its own problems. Other than that, the standard was as good as always - quiet location, close enough for the O2, clean sheets, adequate breakfast.

Hostel professional - there are easy for good time.... Recommend even just looking for relaxing or lonely...

The Perfect Vibe for me! :) Great location, fantastic staff and impressive value for money! Top notch indeed! Robbi

• 12th Nov 2015
  • South Africa

staff unhelpful except antoin very nice fella, manager has bad attitude, dirty carpets ,smelly rooms overcrowded, mould ,run down, rubbish not in bins outside, filthy bathrooms not enough showers, told to move for a private party from lobby had to got to bedroom saturday evening, people not paying for stay, over priced bed, someone had me and friends bed second night, asked to sort man more interested in charting up ladies at bar,ignored us, unhappy overworked staff, looks like managment problem

• 4th Nov 2015

Overall, it's a really nice hostel. The location may seem like it's not the best but actually I'm returning back to this place because of the location. The hostel is accessible by 10-15min bus ride from Canary Wharf tube station and those buses are frequent. Canary Wharf itself is a place to see and it's over one of the best tube lines. Also, just few hundred meters away from the hostel there is the Greenwich Foot Tunnel which is a literally way under the river to the other side

Room smelled pretty bad, only one bathroom on floor with many rooms... Hostel is above a pub which is nice for visiting college students like us but it closed very early (good if you don't want a busy pub right below you, but not so good if you want to get a drink). Location is kind of far from everything in the city, but you'd pay twice as much for something closer. The guy checking us in was clearly drunk but very enthusiastic and willing to help us with directions, etc.

Waited 15 minutes to check in because the reception guy was too busy chatting with people About non work related things. We needed a place with WiFi, and it says online that they have it but when we got there they informed us that they didn't have it. Very annoying. The bed smelt like old sweat. Grosz.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7